Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Fabulous 100 pound club for women... >

Fabulous 100 pound club for women...

Community
Notices

Fabulous 100 pound club for women...

Old 04-03-2010, 07:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by CrabLegs
Hi everyone, I have 100 lbs to lose again and I hope Fitday can help me. I was on Weight Watchers and lost over 100 lbs but I gained it back because I went back to making poor eating choices. I have to lose weight for my health and I feel this will be a good motivator. Hope to make friends here who have the same goals. I have 2 beautiful daughters and will be a grandmother for the first time very soon.
Hi Crablegs, glad to have you join us. Congrats on becoming a grandmother soon! I'm with you on the poor eating choices, it's so easy to do. My goal is to learn a new way of eating that I can enjoy (that's doable) for life. I've done a lot of diets, but as soon as I go off the program the pounds would come back bringing it's friends. I think Fitday is a good motivator and will help you to stay on track. Have a great holiday weekend.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:50 AM
FitDay Member

Default How is everyone's weekend

Hi all

Welcome to all the new faces, I can certainly relate to your posts, that's what I find so motivating about our thread, sometime I'll read a post and think- wow I could be writing that. It's hard to stay on track when you don't have support, but you have to do this for yourself and you cannot change their actions only your reaction.

Went shopping yesterday and got two new tops- so great to like and buy something in the next size down. Yea! I'm going to wear one today- going out to dinner with the family for Easter and hoping my new shirt will remind me of the reasons for not overeating today. I'll just look at my new top and say - I don't need that desert.

Hope everyone who is celebrating has a Happy Easter!
Old 04-04-2010, 09:54 AM
FitDay Member

Default What is everyone eating today?

So, I am having 6 ounces of ham
6 devilled egg halves (my fav!)
6 spears of asparagus flavored with lemon juice
2 tomatoes chopped with some salt and pepper
total: 697 calories. Not bad for holiday eating!

I may have 8 oz of white wine, which is an additional 200 calories.... we'll see. 897 is still very good for a holiday!

Last edited by SkinnyErinn; 04-04-2010 at 09:58 AM.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:25 AM
FitDay Member

very good holiday too! Had 6 oz roast beef & 1/2 cup mashed potatoes no gravy or butter, and green beans- green salad. You got free desert with dinner- it is in a to-go box and left at my parent's house-Yea!! lol
Old 04-04-2010, 02:33 PM
FitDay Member

Happy Easter everyone! I hope you all had a good day. I don't think I did very well today. I had this great plan to eat before I went to my family's house, but easter basket hunting, teenage drama, and trying to catch up on housework kind of took over. I didn't eat so of course I was starving by the time I got there. The menu was ham macaroni salad, potato salad, grilled burgers, and stawberry cake. All my favorite foods, of course. So, I debated on not eating (and being hungry all day) and eating and trying to do as well as I could. I chose to eat..I ate about 2 cups macaroni salad, 1 cup potato salad and 1 burger without a bun. My daughter talked me into a piece of cake (it really didn't take much convincing, unfortunately) and I ate a small piece of it. I'm afraid to see what damage I did. I used light mayo in all the salads and the meat was pretty lean, but I feel horrible. I hope I didn't do a lot of damage.

So, how does everyone here prepare for an event where the food isn't part of your diet?

Last edited by amylee32; 04-07-2010 at 03:10 AM.
Old 04-04-2010, 03:31 PM
FitDay Member

Cool Planning for unhealthy...

I tell the hostess that I will not be able to eat what everyone else is. I pick at veggie platters (no ranch or dip of course!), drink diet soda, or maybe have a hanmburger with no bun, no condiments. I make sure everyone know I am on a special eating plan. I treat sugar and carbs like an allergy - I can not have them because I am allergic. Everyone understands. They actually respect my upfront-ness about it. I went to my mom's a week ago for a pizza party. I told her I would bring my own salad - with JUST basalmic vinegar for dressing. Then, when I was really craving pizza I ran off to the gym for 30 minutes. By the time I came back I was feeling so good about myself that I felt no desire for nasty pizza. In fact I was grossed out by how much everyone was chowing down on it.
Today, I was the hostess. I planned ahead what I would make for everyone - and what I would eat instead. I had others taste-test for me to make sure everything tasted great - and that NOTHING unexpected touched my lips. Then, I had my pre-planned dinner and felt really good about myself. I had one glass of wine (8 oz) which was carefully planned and measured.
I think it just takes alot of pre-planning and honesty to get through these holidays. It's hard - the chocolate See's eggs are seriously calling to me, but so is being under 200 pounds. So... I swallow hard, and find a distraction.

OH! I also make sure to pack appropriate snacks in my purse when I am going to parties that may not have ANYTHING I can eat - like raw almonds, protein shake, etc.
Hope this helps.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:34 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning everybody!!! Happy Day after Easter, hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. We had a great time in Chicago, took the kids to see a bunch of things we'd been telling them about for ages. It rained a little one day, but the rest of the time it was sunny and if not for the Chicago wind, warm enough for shorts!!! Well I had planned to be very careful, and for the most part I was. Although I have to say in terms of traveling my diet is not very workable away from home, which I already knew. I took a salad with me for the train ride and had planned to hit the hotel gym both mornings we stayed there, but guess what? Everybody else staying the hotel had the same plan, it was PACKED, so I skipped it. My pedometer was telling me that I had walked enough anyway.

Food was another issue. I tried to get salads and lean meat when we ate out, but it was very hard. The portion sizes were completely out of control, and the salad dressings were absolutely loaded with calories. I asked for them on the side, but half the time they came tossed into the salad anyway, and the restaurants were so busy you couldn't get the waiter back quickly to fix it. So I just decided that for traveling I was going on a little bit of a vacation from the strict diet. I let myself have more calories than usual, hoping to hit a calorie level where I wouldn't be gaining, just maintaining. Since I'm not at my goal weight this was difficult at best, since I really don't know how many calories that is.

And to make matters worse, my mother called to ask if I was cooking Easter dinner, and when I said "yes". She told me she had to work and she was going to send dad over to eat with us? Which is totally fine, so then I told her to call my brother and invite them over as well. So 18 hours after getting home from Chicago, I hosted Easter dinner at my house, semi-potluck. I won't go into the delicious details, but I made all the traditional favorites, everybody else brought multiple dishes to pass and yesterday afternoon I ate a very full plate of all sorts of things not allowed on my diet. After our company left I sat down at fitday.com and with complete honesty logged all my foods for the last several days. This is the first time since joining fitday that I've eaten as many (or more) calories than I've burned. The good news is that I was only up 2.2 pounds yesterday and this morning I was down by 1.1, so maybe by tomorrow or the day after I'll be back to where I was when we left for Chicago. All in all it was fine and will only take a few days to undue. So I don't think I fell off the wagon, it was more of a controlled stepping off for a few days. I've been good this morning and will be going shopping in a little while to restock the fresh fruits and veggies and am planning to take the kids to the park for a little play time this afternoon.

BTW, a slice of cheese cake from the Cheesecake Factory averages 1000 calories. And while I didn't actually order my own piece of cheesecake, I did have multiple bites off the ones the kids got. Argh!!!

Last edited by almeeker; 04-05-2010 at 01:42 AM.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:23 AM
FitDay Member

Morning everyone
looks like everyone handled Easter pretty well...I had given up a few things for lent so this weekend I indulged ,,got over it,,and back on plan once again. Of course the scale is up because of it but Im ok with it...I decided to eat them and planned for them..it wasnt mindless munching. I enjoyed the treats too. I think I will do the same thing for my birthday in May...eat well and healthy and then splurge for it. I didnt become obsessive over it either which is a good thing for me!!
Not feeling any food cravings today so thats good! Back to the gym and aquafit tonight as well..those pounds will be gone by this week!!

Crablegs welcome!!! glad you joined us! Congrats on becoming a gramma!!
Erin I think Desertmountain gave you good advice...you cant push your SO to do something she isn't ready for. I would ask her to keep her stuff somewhere you wont find it though.
Almeeker considering you had an unplanned dinner I think you did well!! Glad you had a great trip!
Amylee bring something you can have to enjoy! The burger with no bun was a good idea..now next time bring some devilled eggs or a salad or veggies and low cal dip and you will feel like your not depriving yourself. Theres lots of low cal desserts you can make as well..and no one is wiser!
Speedy proud of you for leaving that dessert behind!!!

Have a good on plan week everyone...its getting to be shorts weather soon! lets get going
Old 04-05-2010, 01:56 PM
FitDay Member

I have around 70 to 100 lbs to go. I will see when I get there. The experts say 70, I say 100. I weigh 265 and want to get to 165. Im 5'9 and my husband is in the airforce and no help. I want a partner to talk to about my weight loss!
Old 04-05-2010, 01:59 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SkinnyErinn
I tell the hostess that I will not be able to eat what everyone else is. I pick at veggie platters (no ranch or dip of course!), drink diet soda, or maybe have a hanmburger with no bun, no condiments. I make sure everyone know I am on a special eating plan. I treat sugar and carbs like an allergy - I can not have them because I am allergic. Everyone understands. They actually respect my upfront-ness about it. I went to my mom's a week ago for a pizza party. I told her I would bring my own salad - with JUST basalmic vinegar for dressing. Then, when I was really craving pizza I ran off to the gym for 30 minutes. By the time I came back I was feeling so good about myself that I felt no desire for nasty pizza. In fact I was grossed out by how much everyone was chowing down on it.
Today, I was the hostess. I planned ahead what I would make for everyone - and what I would eat instead. I had others taste-test for me to make sure everything tasted great - and that NOTHING unexpected touched my lips. Then, I had my pre-planned dinner and felt really good about myself. I had one glass of wine (8 oz) which was carefully planned and measured.
I think it just takes alot of pre-planning and honesty to get through these holidays. It's hard - the chocolate See's eggs are seriously calling to me, but so is being under 200 pounds. So... I swallow hard, and find a distraction.

OH! I also make sure to pack appropriate snacks in my purse when I am going to parties that may not have ANYTHING I can eat - like raw almonds, protein shake, etc.
Hope this helps.
Man i wish I had your control! Teach me. I wanna be your buddy!!! =]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.