Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Fabulous 100 pound club for women... >

Fabulous 100 pound club for women...

Community
Notices

Fabulous 100 pound club for women...

Old 04-28-2010, 03:05 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Big big news at my house!!!! Yesterday I bought 2 pairs of shorts. I had 4 children with me, so I didn't dare try them on for fear they would wreck the place while I was naked in the dressing room. I grabbed a pair of 16's and held them up and thought they looked not too big, but just a little spacious. So on a whim I grabbed 14's thinking that if they were too small I would just diet into them by the end of May. Got them home and guess what? They fit perfectly, they are even kinda hot, well hot for me anyway.
I don't even really know you, but that brought tears to my eyes. I can only hope that I get to the point you are at...and I know how excited, happy, tearful, fulfilled and STRONG I will feel when I do get there!

Congratulations, that is so wonderful!
Old 04-28-2010, 03:09 AM
FitDay Member

Default 2 more down...

I took the day off from walking--just TIRED. I guess that Wednesday will be my day if I do take a day off mid-week.

But because of that, I didn't have my smoothie, or my liter of water while I was walking. So I took advantage of that and after I showered, tried out the scale! I am another 2 down, which brings me to a total of 9 lost since April 12th. I am SO looking forward to the next couple of days, when I really think I'll drop below 270, probably for the first time in 2 years or more.

Here we go!!!

Thank you to all of you for your support, inspiration and advice!
Old 04-28-2010, 05:04 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning everyone! Happy hump day-I over did it with the masonry yesterday and feel really tired today - it's overcast & that's not helping either. I bumped my protein up yesterday & think I'll do the same today. What I really need is a coffee IV to perk me up. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

ALMEEKER you are SO my inspiration!! I'm so happy for you! You hot mama you!

montanacricket-WooHoo below 270 -Momentous! You're doing awesome! I take exercise breaks too. Some ppl here said that our muscles need time off to repair & build & I'm following their advice. Even if that isn't true I just like having a day of not exercising LOL.

Thank you Almeeker & others for telling me more about Wii Fitness Plus. I've had my eye on it for a while wondering if it's worth the big outlay of cash. So I still have one question about buying the yoga program. How does it know if you're doing the positions correctly or how many poses you're doing? Or is it just like watching a DVD and then you enter in the data? Just wondering since I'm trying to plan out what things to buy first. I noticed several sites have bundled software & add-ons with the unit.
I looked at a skateboard game & saw that it needs a skateboard device/add-on. I loved skateboarding back in the 60's in CA and for what skateboards were back then, pretty much roller skate wheels on a board, was pretty good & had loads of fun. That'll be on my list of things to add-on for sure. Your comment sounded so fun, Almeeker. I want it!
I'll ask for the Wii Fit Plus for Christmas since I've already asked for several composting bins that work with a hand crank instead of turning it over with a pitch fork for my birthday from family members. I'll keep my eye opened for sales meanwhile.

WOW tahanks for all your info I really appreciate it. I just feel so over whelmed. I just measured myself today for the first time since Sept 28/2009 and I have only lost 1.5 inches and no weight even though I am working out everyday of the week since Feb 2010.
There's something going on. I completely agree with Almeeker about tracking everything here (it's only a pain at first until it becomes a habit) & it will really help you find out what's causing it. Because of my experiences with carbs & esp. grains I always suspect that first but it could be something else. I've read posts here about dairy causing it as well as nuts.
If it is just your metabolism I've been reading about Zigzagging and that's suppose to help. Also drinking green tea and eating hot peppers give your metabolism a boost. From what I've read the biggest things are not under-eating and exercise.
I know how frustrating it is - esp when you see ppl doing a lot less with a lot more progress. I've learned to not compare myself with them & be the best detective - no one knows your body as well as you can. No doc, nurse, nutritionist, coach, no one. They have great information & wisdom but what I've learned here is that everyone is unique. Some things work and some things don't. You can do it.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by desertmountain
montanacricket-WooHoo below 270 -Momentous! You're doing awesome! I take exercise breaks too. Some ppl here said that our muscles need time off to repair & build & I'm following their advice. Even if that isn't true I just like having a day of not exercising LOL.

Thank you Almeeker & others for telling me more about Wii Fitness Plus. I've had my eye on it for a while wondering if it's worth the big outlay of cash. So I still have one question about buying the yoga program. How does it know if you're doing the positions correctly or how many poses you're doing? Or is it just like watching a DVD and then you enter in the data? Just wondering since I'm trying to plan out what things to buy first. I noticed several sites have bundled software & add-ons with the unit.
I looked at a skateboard game & saw that it needs a skateboard device/add-on. I loved skateboarding back in the 60's in CA and for what skateboards were back then, pretty much roller skate wheels on a board, was pretty good & had loads of fun. That'll be on my list of things to add-on for sure. Your comment sounded so fun, Almeeker. I want it!
I'll ask for the Wii Fit Plus for Christmas since I've already asked for several composting bins that work with a hand crank instead of turning it over with a pitch fork for my birthday from family members. I'll keep my eye opened for sales meanwhile.

Well, not QUITE below 270 yet, but hopefully by Sunday!

As for the yoga on the Wii Fit. You stand on the balance board that you get with the package, that's partially why the Wii Fit is so expensive. It tracks your weight (the board does) and you do most of the yogo and other exercises directly ON it. (I think running in place is done just with the remote). It can sense how your balance is and they give you a "personal trainer" to watch do the positions too. It's a bit daunting because some I just CAN'T do right but I do the best I can. I need to get back on it and start up the yoga again, because I love how flexible I feel when I'm doing it regularly.

It gives you an initial selection of each type of exercise and as you progress, it unlocks more poses in yoga, more exercises in the strength training and more challengin balance games etc. It totally rocks!

You can also enter all of your other activities too, so if you didn't use fitday, it would simulate fitday by tracking your weight, BMI, and activity.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning everyone! I hope you've been having a good week. My neighbor gave me a bunch of landscaping rocks so I'll be busy, busy, busy burning calories & fixing up the yard this weekend. Can't wait. Yesterday was my higher calorie day and I ate some bbq chips to up the calories & satisfy a craving. They made me feel queasy b/c of all the grease, which is good since now I'll just keep remembering that the next time a 'tater chip craving hits. Blecky. Today is low cal day & there's fish thawing in the fridge. Sigh, I'm so NOT a fan of fish these days. Internet searches for low cal fish recipes are definitely in order - anyone care to share a fav fish recipe or two with me?

Chris-thank you for explaining how the Wii Fit Yoga works. I used to take Yoga for the Buddha Body classes & they showed us how to use the straps & blocks to achieve the poses. I have to use stacks of thick books instead of the blocks. You might want to play around with those to see if they help. I would love to get back into yoga.

disujo-In my hump-day brain fog I forgot to comment yesterday. What a stressful situation you're in. My heart goes out to you. The good news is that it's not permanent & you see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Exercise is a good way to boost your endorphins & burn off some of the negative chemicals caused by the stress. Maybe you can find another type of exercise to add or increase what you're doing now. Is there another woman in the neighborhood that you can add an extra walk with? You could have some moral support that way. Maybe you could look into some local weight loss groups like TOPS or OA - they don't cost much & you could find ppl who are emotionally supportive & encouraging as well as find a new exercise buddy. Feel free to talk here if it helps.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:51 AM
FitDay Member

Morning ladies...
Look at all the progress everyone is making!! This is wonderful and so inspiring. Ive been working on my stomach lately...still walking the 3 miles a day but also getting in about 20-30 mins of floor exercises. Noticing a difference in my clothes and want to keep it up!!
Desertmountain there is a product called Popchips that are really good!!! not greasy and they are baked and you can buy them in individual bags for some control. They are hard to find here but I know much easier to find in the states. Try them for a snack sometime..they are yummy!
Montana it will come!! Im taking it one decade at a time as well..working on the 260's but still have 8 pounds to get there...we can do it!!!
Almeeker 14's is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Christine I would look into some info about restarting your metabolism on here...Ive been low carbing it and found ahuge difference in how I feel and dropping the weight.
CC interesting that the dentist noticed a difference in your teeth! wow..good to know

Ok off to get a haircut here...starting to look like a shaggy dog. No walk today since that is the time I normally go so will have to get an extra walk in this weekend...
have a great day everyone1!!! waving hi to everyone passing thru!!!

coming back to add:

baked fish

take one fillet ( I like cod or talapia but my favourite is pickeral which is also called walleye) and dip into egg mixture,,,then dip into panko crumbs,,,,place on pam sprayed pan,,add 1 tsp of lite marg or butter,,,sprinkle with lemon pepper..
bake in preheated oven for 20 mins...serve with long grain/wild rice mixture and steamed beans . One of my favourite low cal meals.

The other day I made:

1 salmon fillet (took the skin off its veryyyyy fishy tasting)
spread 2 tbsp of ready prepared teriyaki sauce,,, put on sprayed pan..place in preheated oven.
Check fish and spoon some of sauce over fish again...
Bake 20 mins...
enjoy!

In a pinch I keep Captain Highliner salmon individually frozen fillets with dill sauce in my freezer....its very good!!!

I find the secret to good fish is to place in hot oven...and dotn overcook it!
we love fish...

Last edited by pattialbert; 04-29-2010 at 03:57 AM.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:06 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Ladies,

I hope I'm not intruding on your 100-pound thread, but I am new here and looking for some like-minded and similar-waisted ladies for support! I obviously haven't gone back to read the almost 200+ posts you have made, but from those I have read, I think I might fit in here. I posted about 2 months ago with an introduction, but then my internet access was sporadic, so now I am back on full-time and able to post here more often.

I am almost 28 years old, 5'8" and 235 pounds. I have a wonderful husband who can eat anything and keep his 6-pack and a 15-month-old son who consumes most of my time and all of my energy. I have spent my adult life going back and forth between super fit and super fat, and I'm ready to find that happy medium and find a better balance. This is probably the heaviest I've been at a size 18, and I've been down to a size 6. I'm not really sure what my goal is (in terms of numbers), but I just want to feel better and be more comfortable. At this point, I'd be ecstatic to get back to about 180 pounds and a size 12-14. But I know "healthy" is defined for me around 140 pounds, which I haven't been since middle school! So we'll see where I end up.

So do you ladies have a weekly weigh-in? Do you post your foods? Or is it more just for keeping each other on track and sharing the ups and downs? I hope you don't mind if I join!

Emily
Old 04-29-2010, 01:09 PM
FitDay Member

Default how was everyone's week

not able to post much, but came and read so inspirational

almeeker- great job - I bet you look and feel fantastic

i'm still working on my "decade" been up and down 2 lbs all week so really worked hard yesterday and today . started walking with a coworker for about twenty minutes at lunch to get in some extra exercise. hoping it will show on the scale lol

others have mentioned being frustrated with the scale, but I just keep eating healthy and realize that I didn't gain all of this weight in a month and I'm not going to lose it in a month either. I want to change my lifestyle and be more active and already I'm enjoying more activites than I ever thought. Watched the biggest loser this week and watched as those people walked a 5K, I knew if they could do that then there is no reason for me to be sitting on the couch. so motivated to walk myself.

desertmountain - the yoga is in the Wii Fit , but you can also customize a routine with your favorite exercises and they flow one to the next so you don't have to keep stopping and choosing the next exercise. I really like that feature and have customized a 15 min routine that I start with.

looking forward to the weekend - tgif everyone
Old 04-30-2010, 02:21 AM
FitDay Member

Hey ladies!!!! Happy happy Friday everyone! I'm in with speedyfair today, I weighed up .4 pounds this morning, but I'm down for the week as a whole and I had a really good workout this morning. I'm determined to feel positive with or without a drop on the scale. Speedyfair, way to go on getting in more workout time at lunch, that's a really great habit to get into, you go girl!

desertmountain, the Wii Fit Plus is not like video games of old. The Wii Fit Plus is a balance board and a disc that has 20-30 games on it, runs maybe $90-$100 as a package, so once you own the Wii Fit Plus disc you have yoga, hula-hoop, boxing, skate board arena, island cycle, basic run, etc etc. The balance board works for Wii Fit, Wii Fit Plus and I'm sure a dozen other games. The Wii game console runs about $200, so the three things together are about $300ish. Amazon runs specials on them and I think we bought all three in a bundle pack for like $290 and then got a $50 Amazon.com gift card with it. You might talk to your friends and see if any of them have the Wii, and see if maybe you can get yourself invited over for a playdate to check it out first. If you get to Michigan anytime soon, look me up and come on over for snacks and games, okay?

I actually happen to like fish, my favorites are tilapia, lake trout and salmon, which I usually broil. Basically I take the fish, thaw it out, spritz it with spray butter and sprinkle it with salt, pepper, dill and a little Cajun seasoning. Then I stick it under the broiler for 5-10 minutes each side (depending on the thickness). DH douses his with lemon juice, which I can't eat because I'm allergic to citrus. The kids even like it that way.

egmdobbs, welcome to the thread, I'm cracking up about being like-minded and similar-waisted, I think you've nailed us down pretty well. I haven't been 140 pounds since college, but I'm older than you, so we were probably both that weight at the same time? I started at 244, so even a little heavier than you, but I'm shorter, so my ideal weight is 120, gasp! Still, I'm determined to get there. We don't have any official weigh in, we post loses and gains as they arrive, and then cheer each other on or up - whatever the case may be.

Since I tend to be very honest here, I'm going to admit that the size 14 shorts are of the "stretchy" variety. I'm so psyched about the size I want to wear them with the waist band rolled over so everyone can see it. LOL!!

Patti, you and your recipes are amazing! Good luck on that haircut. I got one 2 days ago - still trying to straighten out the mess that I got with that 50 pound reward. Ugh. We also have a family wedding on Saturday, so it needed doing anyway. I'm trying not to be too worried about the wedding reception menu, it's just one meal, "self control - not out of control", all things in moderation, right? Wish me luck.

One funny thing that happened to me this week is that I was at the bank drive-thru, but the ladies inside know me rather well, as I always take 3-6 kids with me and we clean out the sucker bowl. So there I am and the teller says "have you lost weight?". So I said that yes I had been dieting, and she says she can tell. I must have been 40-50 feet away from her, in my car, she can only see my face right? So then all the tellers gather around the speaker because the one I'm talking to asks what diet I'm on. I just told them I'm on fitday.com and using good sense. No lie, at least 6 adult women write it down, including one in the car next to me LOL. Wayyyyy too funny!

Last edited by almeeker; 04-30-2010 at 02:24 AM.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by montanacricket
I took the day off from walking--just TIRED. I guess that Wednesday will be my day if I do take a day off mid-week.

But because of that, I didn't have my smoothie, or my liter of water while I was walking. So I took advantage of that and after I showered, tried out the scale! I am another 2 down, which brings me to a total of 9 lost since April 12th. I am SO looking forward to the next couple of days, when I really think I'll drop below 270, probably for the first time in 2 years or more.

Here we go!!!

Thank you to all of you for your support, inspiration and advice!

Montana!!! You and me girl! I hit 271 just yesterday... 260's HERE WE COME! I don't know what your goal is, but 250's are a big deal because it will mean I have ONLY 100 pounds to lose. I started this journey at 430, so... I am down 159 pounds.... by the time I am at my goal, I will have lost 280 pounds. If I can do it, ANYONE CAN! I know you and me will be skipping into the 260's before we know it! Keep us posted on your huge (or skinny, lol) accomplishment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.