Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Beginning 4/23/12

Old 04-26-2012, 11:22 AM
FitDay Member

Hope...That sounds like an awesome birthday! Thank you for wishing me a dancing nanner. Mern gave me one yesterday! I was so excited!!
Old 04-26-2012, 03:11 PM
FitDay Member

Default Thursday

Health/Fitness
1: under 1500 calories M-Th, under 1800 F-Su: 1537, 1370, 1418, 1377
2: make an effort to drink more water: EPIC FAIL, no, I give up, jajajajajajaja jajaja
3: 10 miles, weather and sickness permitting (still feeling a smidge under the weather): nope, nada, uh uh, stormed all day
4: log everything: YES, YES, YES, YES (even the bazillion goldfish)
5: post weight daily: 188.8, 189.8, 189.4, 187.8
6: 1.8% loss (-3.4 lbs)
7: DON'T FALL OFF THE WAGON OVER THE WEEKEND!
8: make a serious effort to keep up with the thread. I've been sucky at the support lately, just been taking and taking THANKS FOR THAT EVERYONE!!!!---I suck

Life
Don't kill anyone--so far so good

Inventory is over, and it sucked as bad as I thought it would. Oh well, no one was maimed so all is well. I still haven't had time to catch up with everyone.

Kudos to those doing well, hugs to those who are struggling.

Darlene!!!!--missed ya chicka!

Hope!!!!--HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Super tired and going to bed now.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:02 PM
FitDay Member

1) 1,650 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,650) - 1585, 1553, 1307, 1411
2) do 2 out of 3 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/Richard Simmons/stationary bike) - 1:15 walking/weights, weights/nothing else, 45 mins walking/weights, painted 7 hrs/15 mins stationary bike
3) 20% protein minimum - 20%, 26%, 19%, 18%
4) 64oz water minimum - 48oz, 64oz, 48oz, 48oz
5) calorie deficit 700+ - 802, 626, 966, 1281
6) take vitamins - yes, yes, yes, yes
7) lights out by 11 the night before (except Sunday night because apparently I'm hooked on Celebrity Apprentice) - no, yes, no, no
8) log all spending daily - yes, no, no, no
9) clean one room of the house each non-work day (changing this for this week to just keeping the house tidy - will start the one room each day thing Monday, since my house was just thoroughly cleaned)- yes, yes, yes, worked
10) get out at least one day to work in the garden - no, no, no, no
Old 04-26-2012, 04:22 PM
FitDay Member

Not the greatest day. I'm slowly trying to cut down on cereal and that automatically makes my body grave other sweet and carby things.

Goals:
Follow meal plan Y, N, Y, N
Follow Exercise plan Y, Y, Y, Y
No forbidden foods Y, Y, N, Y
Snack only at designated times Y, N, Y, N
Don't overeat Y, N, Y, Y
Eat slowly Y, Y, Y, Y
Suppress sugar cravings with gum, Y, Y, Y, Y

Life:
Write 4000 words this week, 0, 0, 0, 0
Train kitty cat, 2-3 times a week, N, N, Y, N
Don't stress Okayish, Y, Y, Y
Old 04-26-2012, 05:42 PM
FitDay Member

Hope Happy birthday to you!!!!!

April Congrats on your weight loss!!

Mern Sorry to hear you reopened the kitchen but wow what a great week you are having.

Tori Thanks missed you to, sorry to hear life is not wonderful for you right now I hope things all work out.

Day 3 good eating and logging I will pick some goals again on monday I got a walk in with kaya tonight so I was happy about that.Have a great night everyone.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:57 PM
FitDay Member

Default Thursday Report.

Daily Goals -
1. Loads of water. (2lts+) N, Y, Y, Y
2. At least 3 servings of fruit and veg. N, Y, Y, Y
3. Gym or classes daily. Y, Y, Y, N

Other Goals -
1. 2 bread free days a week. 1/2
2. At least 1 long walk.
3. Record a weight loss on Friday! N +0.6lbs

I failed again yesterday to stop cravings after struggling through a very tough day of work and ate half a cheesecake amounting to about 800 calories. I felt sick half way through and didn't really enjoy it either, so cheesecake, along with chocolate is going in my Room 101 of foods.
As it's Friday morning for me here I've gotten on the scales and while it's reduced from yesterday I did go up from 270.6 to 271.2. It's only small, but at the moment I'm fighting for every pound so it's yet another I have to try get off my body.
Going to give myself tougher goals from Monday and spend the weekend learning how to kick my own butt! Boo is on a mission.

Originally Posted by Mern
Boo, congrats on your green day! Ugh, I totally empathize with you on the carb crashes. I rarely get angry with myself over it, though, because I've done it so often that I realize when I do it, I know full well ahead of time what the consequences will be, yet I choose it anyway. Wish I had solution to eradicating that weakness in myo willpower. I used to be able to lose weight easily drinking way less than 64 oz. of water per day and with no exercise whatsoever. I don't know all your circumstances, but in my own case, I do know that all my years of yo-yo dieting have also led to a slow-down in my metabolism. Being so much younger than I, I don't know whether that could be your problem or not, though. We're all different. BUT, look what you've ALREADY done--lost 19.4 lbs. since Feb. 7. That's fantastic, wonderful, commendable. It didn't melt off all by itself--you worked hard to EARN th at loss. Give yourself credit for that!
I hear ya! I will assume that because I'm a lot fitter than I was last time around that it's going to be harder and I'll have to push myself a lot more now. Going to log next week and then increase/decrease fat/carbs/protein over the week few weeks to see if I can find a sweet spot.
Hopefully we both learn to fight those urges a little better!

Sorry it's late but I hope you had a fantastic birthday Hope!!!
Old 04-26-2012, 10:16 PM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness ...
1. 100oz water daily M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes,
2. Calorie deficit of 5000 M: -823, T: -1017, W: -1746, Th: -860, Deficit so far this week: -4446
3. Lose 3 lbs by Friday to achieve goal of 250 by 4/27 (15lb loss in 8 weeks) .... W: Taadah! This morning's scale reading was 249.8!!!
4. Less than 45% carbs M: 39%, T: 54%, W: 42%, Th: 60% YIKES!,
5. Banish Fat Boost Metabolism 2 times this week minimum M: No, T: just over half of it, W: The full DVD! Whew!, Th: No, F: Yep!,
6. Weigh and post daily (Last Monday's weight: 256.6lbs) M: 253.0lbs, T: 251.2lbs, W: 249.8lbs, Th: 249.4lbs Weight change so far this week: -3.6lbs

Life Goals
1. No more than 1 day behind on paperwork at work M: only one day left, T: Caught up, W: All caught up again, Th: All caught up so this goal is DONE!!
2. Clean fish bowl in office M: No, T: No, W: DONE!
3. Keep house cleaned up nightly from roofers (skylights drop stuff inside the house while replacing) Should be a W-F goal weather permitting W: Yep .. They are really respectful of the house too. I so appreciate that Th: Yes,
4. Do some form of housework to keep caught up in case I can't do housework this weekend. M: Nothing needs done - whole house cleaned on Sunday, T: Tidied up here and there, W: Cleaned a toilet and did a load of laundry, Th: Just some tidying up,

So now I don't know if I am suspecting things or if it really is going on but my hubby thinks it is too. One of our roofers is eating from our fridge while we are at work. At least we are pretty sure of it. The first day when we got home there was a freezepop (my kids eat them) wrapper in the front yard. I know my kids would NOT do that but I asked them anyway and both said no. There was also orange peel in their dumptruck but he could have brought that in his lunch, but I think there may have been one missing. Okay so I don't think he packed a freeze pop but anyway. Yesterday there is a shiny Mt Dew can on the top of the pile of shingles in their dump truck and the count in our fridge went from 4 down to 3. Hubby asked me while we were at the store how many Mt Dews were in the fridge and I said 4 I think why? And he said that's what he thought too but there are 3 and an empty one in the truck. (BTW...the Mt Dew is for his cousin who only drinks peach iced tea or MT Dew and they keep diet coke at their house for us ) ... Anyway so now what do I do? The boss/contractor whatever is kind of a family friend whose guys do great work. But I really do want him to know what we suspect is going on. I think that my hubby is going to approach the subject during the final inspection of the work. The owner will come over and go over the entire job with us to make sure that everything is how it should be. My biggest thought is that if he is getting in the fridge....what else is he looking through???

I may not be back later depending on how heavy the drugs are today and if I do post something weird, don't mind me! LOL I barely ever even take Tylenol so narcotics knock me for a loop. Sometimes they depress me too. Guess we'll see what happens this time.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:28 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you all, sweeties, for the birfday wishes. It was a good one. Next week is DH's, we're one week apart. It is birfday season here at the ol' homestead.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:36 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) 6 glasses of water minimum- 7, 4,5, 6
2) 1650 calories maximum except on Thursday, my birthday- 1633, 1190,1233, 1481
3) stretch daily- Yes, Yes, No, Yes
4) gym 3x this week--Yes, NO, NO, Yes
5) avoid sugar (except maybe Thursday)-Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
6) avoid tomatoes -Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
7) do not overdo dairy -Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
8) write one hour at least 5 days this week- Yes, Class and some writing, No, no
9) meditate -No, No, No, No
10) do not worry_NO, YES, yes, YES
11) be positive- NO,YES VERY YES, yes, YESITY YES YES

So my challenge is gonna be to keep at 1200-1300 in the next few days when friends are taking me out for my birfday. I have reached lower weights jsut to be foiled by dinner out or moive junk food. So wish me luck guys! I'm gonna try and plan ahead!!
Old 04-27-2012, 02:28 AM
FitDay Member

April, best wishes on your procedure today. Sending up prayers for comfort and success. Big gentle hug to ya.

Suggestion about the suspected stolen food: what first comes to my mind is putting a huge note that can't be missed in your fridge that the contents are for your family only and that hidden cameras catch people in the act of messing with stuff that isn't theirs. Only the person stealing food would see that note and would be warned.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.