Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Beginning 4/23/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Beginning 4/23/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Beginning 4/23/12

Old 04-26-2012, 03:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by nobe
Happy birthday, Hope!
Thanks , Sweetie and thanks to you and everyone for the kind words about my friend.

Also, sorry you are going through so much with your Mom. You sound like such a kind hearted person trying to help her no matter what. I hope you can enjoy the exercise bike and take care of you.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:13 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) 6 glasses of water minimum- 7, 4,5
2) 1650 calories maximum except on Thursday, my birthday- 1633, 1190,1233
3) stretch daily- Yes, Yes, No
4) gym 3x this week--Yes, NO, NO
5) avoid sugar (except maybe Thursday)-Yes, Yes, Yes
6) avoid tomatoes -Yes, Yes, Yes
7) do not overdo dairy -Yes, Yes, Yes
8) write one hour at least 5 days this week- Yes, Class and some writing, No
9) meditate -No, No, No
10) do not worry_NO, YES, yes
11) be positive- NO,[COLOR="seagreen"][COLOR="seagreen}YES VERY YES, yes[/COLOR]

Weird day yesterday; it was like my day never quite started; I was on the phone most of the time.

Good news today: I am at 134. I think trying to keep to 1200-1300 calories is working. Bad news: I have not been drinking water cause of my tooth. I may have to try Mern's idea of using a straw!!

Today I am finally Canary 52. Yup I grew into my name!!
Old 04-26-2012, 04:03 AM
FitDay Member

Nobe, I'm so sorry. My mom sounds like your mom's double: she told me when she was in her fifties (then a widow) "You have to take care of me now because I'm elderly and can't do it." The mind is such a complex and curious thing. My siblings and I also came to the conclusion while she was still alive that she dreamed or fantasized about things and then came to believe they were true. I know it doesn't lighten your burden, but as much as your mom seems mean and selfish, she may actually believe she is unable to do things others her age can do. Wishing you peace and "ME time" away from your Mom.

Mike, lots of good stuff in your Wednesday report. Congrats to ya!

Hope, for your 134--four days early at that! You gave yourself a nice birthday present by meeting your goal. So you're gonna change your age in your signature to 36, eh? OK, then, happy 36th! Truly, I'm so glad you mentioned your birthday so we could let you know how fond of you we are. I hope you can load up on enough Advil to enjoy whatever birthday food and drink celebration comes your way. We luv ya, kiddo!
Old 04-26-2012, 06:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Nobe, I'm so sorry. My mom sounds like your mom's double: she told me when she was in her fifties (then a widow) "You have to take care of me now because I'm elderly and can't do it." The mind is such a complex and curious thing. My siblings and I also came to the conclusion while she was still alive that she dreamed or fantasized about things and then came to believe they were true. I know it doesn't lighten your burden, but as much as your mom seems mean and selfish, she may actually believe she is unable to do things others her age can do. Wishing you peace and "ME time" away from your Mom.

Mike, lots of good stuff in your Wednesday report. Congrats to ya!

Hope, for your 134--four days early at that! You gave yourself a nice birthday present by meeting your goal. So you're gonna change your age in your signature to 36, eh? OK, then, happy 36th! Truly, I'm so glad you mentioned your birthday so we could let you know how fond of you we are. I hope you can load up on enough Advil to enjoy whatever birthday food and drink celebration comes your way. We luv ya, kiddo!
Mwahhh! Right back at ya. Plus I got a dancing banana!!! Yeah!!! I have to admit I've wanted one!!!
Plus I love the idea of changing my age!!!!
I ususlaly lie and tell people I'm older so they can tell me how good I look!!!
Old 04-26-2012, 06:56 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness ...
1. 100oz water daily M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
2. Calorie deficit of 5000 M: -823, T: -1017, W: -1746, Deficit so far this week: -3586
3. Lose 3 lbs by Friday to achieve goal of 250 by 4/27 (15lb loss in 8 weeks) .... W: Taadah! This morning's scale reading was 249.8!!!
4. Less than 45% carbs M: 39%, T: 54%, W: 42%,
5. Banish Fat Boost Metabolism 2 times this week minimum M: No, T: just over half of it, W: The full DVD! Whew!, Th: No,
6. Weigh and post daily (Last Monday's weight: 256.6lbs) M: 253.0lbs, T: 251.2lbs, W: 249.8lbs, Th: 249.4lbs Weight change so far this week: -3.6lbs

Life Goals
1. No more than 1 day behind on paperwork at work M: only one day left, T: Caught up, W: All caught up again, Th: All caught up so this goal is DONE!!
2. Clean fish bowl in office M: No, T: No, W: DONE!
3. Keep house cleaned up nightly from roofers (skylights drop stuff inside the house while replacing) Should be a W-F goal weather permitting W: Yep .. They are really respectful of the house too. I so appreciate that.,
4. Do some form of housework to keep caught up in case I can't do housework this weekend. M: Nothing needs done - whole house cleaned on Sunday, T: Tidied up here and there, W: Cleaned a toilet and did a load of laundry,

Had my final weigh in here at work today for the 8 week weigh challenge. I lost 15.4 lbs during those 8 weeks and the body fat meter says I lost 1.1% body fat. I don't know if that is a good body fat loss or not. How hard is it to lose a percent of body fat? I am attaching a shot of my goal scale for the past 8 weeks also. I hope it encourages those of you who are struggling to see that even though there are peaks in the graph, in the end it was all for the better.

I have to say that I am a tad disappointed that I didn't get like balloons or fireworks or something on my goal page since I completed the goal. LOL

I have nerves settling in about tomorrow. I hope that I am just blowing it out of proportion and I will be able to just sleep when I get home from the pain meds and when I wake up all will be well within my world. That's what I keep telling myself anyway.

Well...I'm off to read some posts and try to comment. This place I am at today (work) expects stuff from me and interrupts my forum time all the time. It's so annoying! Haha!
Old 04-26-2012, 07:09 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

April, congrats on the weight loss and mini goal! Just wanted to say that I peeked at your collage, and you just keep getting younger and younger looking!
Old 04-26-2012, 07:24 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by nobe
Maybe "difficult" (to put it politely) mothers just make us stronger. Sure gives me a clear idea of what kind of mom not to be, anyway. My mom's a parenting handbook of "don't"s.
Mine too ...but for very different reasons
Old 04-26-2012, 07:41 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rose412
April, congrats on the weight loss and mini goal! Just wanted to say that I peeked at your collage, and you just keep getting younger and younger looking!
Thank you so much! I think energy and better attitude help with the looking younger thing too. My skin is clearer and softer than it has ever been as well.

Jump on in and make some posts. We love having new members join us!
Old 04-26-2012, 07:44 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Hope!

Old 04-26-2012, 08:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Hey Hope!

Honey bee, thank you! I am so computer lame or I would give you a big dancing banana for reaching your goal. Well done, girl!! Well done!!!

Can someone help yus out here? Mike? Mern? A banan for April? Please????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.