Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Beginning 4/23/12

Old 04-23-2012, 07:05 AM
FitDay Member

Jho ... How cute is that picture! So glad that the kids had a good time!
Old 04-23-2012, 07:07 AM
FitDay Member

Lizzie ... Take that angry energy and turn it into a powerful workout! Sounds like a good thing to do anyway LOL
Old 04-23-2012, 07:17 AM
FitDay Member

Too busy to think straight last week and little hope for a break this week either. BUT I did lose 1 lb since last Monday!!! I had to go hungry a few days at work because there was no time for a lunch break, but luckily I keep rice-cakes and walnuts in my desk drawer so I could keep from passing out from hunger. I need desperately to work out a quick easy work-day meal plan… maybe next week I’ll have time?

Saturday I went to an Italian Sunday Dinner cooking class with my father. Super yummy food, but I have never seen someone go through that much salt in prepping a meal! She was grabbing handfuls of kosher salt out of a ramekin and dumping it into the food! We had pasta with gravy (a tomato like sauce with meatballs, spare-ribs, and sausages), pork roast, antipasto, roasted veggies, and a pound cake with ricotta cheese filling and chocolate frosting, topped it all off with espresso with amaretto. I was buzzing from the caffeine and chugging water to try and dilute the sodium… but I’d do it all over again (in moderation of course) – so good!

A bit stressed out – trouble with my son’s daycare because of the afternoon help being inexperienced and not communicating with DH and I when we stop by to pick-up DS in the afternoons. When our 3 yr old comes home stressed out several days in a row and can’t clearly articulate why it makes us want to know what is going on at daycare! Turns out to have nothing to do with DS, but other kids acting up and getting disciplined in front of the entire daycare, and other personal issues with the owner’s family that are spilling over to the care being provided. Needless to say I have had to work into my crazy schedule interviewing pre-schools so we can get DS into a more positive environment. Found a great one but we are wait-listed; so the hunt continues!

Goals 4/23
1 – 1500 cals or less.
2 – Lots of H2O – 8 glasses or more/day.
3 – Eat breakfast!
4 – Gym 2x.
5 – Walk in the evenings.

I can't check posts this week because of my insane schedule, but I truly wish the best of success to everyone this week on meeting your goals! Welcome to all the new posters and big hugs to those of you who need some tender loving care.

Let’s kick it into gear this week Ladies (and Mike)! Ama
Old 04-23-2012, 07:18 AM
FitDay Member

Tori, congrats on that 4.2 lb. loss!

mhibdon, yeah, life does get awfully busy and demanding at times. I got busy yesterday and today and couldn't keep up with our group. Mike told us he met you in NOLA. Sounded like a great time.

Jeanne, I loved being able to sleep with the windows open when my bedroom was upstairs. Now live-in GD has that room and I sleep on the main floor, so the windows are closed down here at night. It's hard keeping up with the posting here--we all do have lives outside of FitDay. Hope you enjoy that four day quilt retreat--sounds very relaxing.

April, I hope that snowstorm misses you. Aw, well, at least you had some delicious homemade soup since the surprise lunch fell through. You got the nosey in you? So do I. I hope the ablation is very successful in eradicating your problems. We'll send some prayers up for that intention and for as much comfort as possible during your recovery. I will also send up prayers of thanksgiving for your biopsy coming back benign --if you DID report that earlier, I missed it. Of course I don't know her facial expression or tone of voice when your co-worker said it, but when I first read it I took as her thinking you looked good where you are. But kudos to you for choosing to hear the positive whenever you're not sure.

Mike! OMG, what a horrible experience with the van driver! What did the police say when you reported it? Are they going to investigate or anything?

Boo, hi. Best wishes on your goals this week. Kudos on your loss since Feb 7! Way to go! I hope your heating issue is revolved. Best wishes on your finals, an easy work week, and your goals.

Hope, "positive spin" is also known as "rose-colored glasses." LOL Time is too short waste it on being a sour puss.

Mandy, welcome back. I'm sure you'll blow off those 3 lbs. gained in no time.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:35 AM
FitDay Member

Jho, good idea to drink a lot of water before your workout. It'll also help wash away some of the leftover calories. Awwwww, the little ones in their chef hats at the party are ADORABLE!!!

Lizzie, I don't know about being a classy lady, but I do USUALLY have a good outlook on life. What a horrendous experience you had getting run off the road! I'm so glad you lived to tell about it! Aw, I don't want to poke into your personal business, but sorry to hear you're pi**ed off. If it'll help to vent here, feel free. Big cyberhug to ya! I also agree with April's advice to turn your anger into a powerful workout.

Ama, smart to keep rice cakes and nuts in your desk. It's hard to find time to pre-plan meals--I hope you are able to achieve that. OMG, my mouth literally started watering reading the menu at the Italian Sunday Dinner cooking class! I bought some ricotta this morning--want to try to see if I can find an on-plan legal dessert I could make with egg substitute and ricotta--maybe some sort of crepe with ricotta and strawberries... Whoa--disciplining kids in front of the other children at daycare is not good and can be downright scary for a three year old to witness. A more positive environment is definitely mandated. I hope your time on the wait-list passes quickly or you find an equally good one soon.

Gotta take GD to work--no time to proofread, so read what I MEANT, not what I typed. LOL
Old 04-23-2012, 07:57 AM
FitDay Member

Jho, those kids are so cute!!! What a great picture!!! Brightened a gray day here.

Lizzie, I am not the type to run a person off the road but if I were, I'd watch out for you, girl. You are, as my DD would say, totally BA. Too bad you can't get your friend to find Mike's culprit!!! I hope your day goes better.

Welcome Freshman! Yeah young guys kinda suck when it coems to what they can get away with eating. Heavy sigh.
FitDay Member

Hi everyone! I've been gone for awhile but I'm back now! Back in February I was hoping to go down from about 144.5 to 138.5, since then I've lost a bit of weight and have been pretty consistent at 141.5, but I'd like those final three pounds to go now, please!

Here are my goals for the week:

*Under 1800 calories
*Whole, unprocessed foods only (either foods made of just one ingredient, OR minimally processed foods such as organic salsa and organic hummus. NO added sugar, weird chemically ingredients, etc)
*Take Vitamin D and B12
*Gym once a day (twice if possible)
*Water to drink ONLY, at least 64oz

Hooray! Looking forward to checking in tomorrow! Hope everyone had a great weekend and looking forward to chatting with you again!

Cheers,
Mea
Super Moderator

Health and Fitness
1) 2% challenge! (drop 2% of my body weight by Friday, -3.65 pounds)
2) work out 3 times
3) bench press 280 pounds
4) walk 10 miles
5) 4 serving of fruit and veggies
6) all my daily vitamis, etc

Other
7) write 3 auto policies (or $5k in premium)
Old 04-23-2012, 08:11 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
Mike that guy sounds like an AH. Crazy.
Yeah I think he really is.

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Mike ... Glad to hear that the guy didn't get a chance to flatten you. What a jerk!
I was watching in my mirror when we were at the red light and he was behind me in the other lane. I had a feeling he was going to do something stupid.

Originally Posted by Jho82
Mike - not sure that 100 oz is going to work for me... I think my body likes the 80 oz... I've been pretty consistent - do you think the 20 oz is going to make a big difference?
I do remember you committing to 100 oz. If you don't think 20 ounces make much of a difference, good, it should be too hard to add it in then.

Originally Posted by Lizards13
Mike. I was once run off the road by an a*****e in a truck. I had to mount a pavement to avoid being crushed. I got his number and some of my friends on the local police force made his life hell for months, stopping him constantly and checking everything, he was fined for lots of minor infringements and finally lost his licence when they caught him speeding.
I wish I'd have such luck but I don't think I will.

Originally Posted by Mern
Mike! OMG, what a horrible experience with the van driver! What did the police say when you reported it? Are they going to investigate or anything?
A officer came to talk to me. Tried telling me that I should have called them right away instead of pissing the guy off. How am I suppose to call them when I'm riding with my helmet on???? My intention was to make a point, not piss him off but I really don't care about HIS feelings.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:04 AM
FitDay Member

Mea, welcome back. Hat's off to you for your healthful foods plans. I'll be rooting for you to see that 138.5 and kudos to you on the no time limit--it's not the numbers that are important, but how we feel and how healthfully we are living right now that counts.

Mike, I'll bet not much will come of your police report, though. It'll be your word against his. But you get points with the Big Guy Upstairs for not physically retaliating. LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.