Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Beginning 4/23/12

Old 04-23-2012, 02:54 AM
FitDay Member

Hope ... Abalation is a procedure during which they burn (either with a laser or heat) the lining of your uterus so that it comes out as it does during your period but the heat makes it so that it doesn't build back up the way it had been. Mine is building too thick for some reason. It is not an option for a woman who plans to have children in the future but I do not. The side effects after the procedure are heavy discharge, cramping, etc and I will be very doped up even though it is done in-office. The benefits are lighter (possibly no more) periods and less cramping during those periods.

I hope I explained that correctly. At least that is my understanding of the process.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:00 AM
FitDay Member

MH! ... You've been missed girl! You better keep your butt on the thread this week! ... I could have told ya about alcohol. I have only ever been tipsy about 2-3 times in my life and never, ever been drunk. But I have witnessed many many drunk people in my life and they are the reason that I don't drink. ... I try not to be preachy about it though. I just hate how it ruins some people's lives.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
MH! ... You've been missed girl! You better keep your butt on the thread this week! ... I could have told ya about alcohol. I have only ever been tipsy about 2-3 times in my life and never, ever been drunk. But I have witnessed many many drunk people in my life and they are the reason that I don't drink. ... I try not to be preachy about it though. I just hate how it ruins some people's lives.

Yeah, I tend to avoid it too, and now I realize for good reason! Not only were my blood sugar levels messed up, but I was also unhappy. Why partake in a substance that makes you sad?! By chemical nature, alcohol is a depressant, and lawdy was I worried about it shutting down my brain! I couldn't feel my face or extremities. D:
Old 04-23-2012, 03:22 AM
FitDay Member

April, you explained it quite well. When is this happening? I will send some good healing energy your way, honey. Sorry you have to go through this!!!

MH welcome back! I saw the picture of you and Mike in NOLA. You guys looked great. And yeah drinking to excess is definitely not fun. But I guess it was your 21st b-day and a rite of passage? And you learned a valuable lesson (albeit the hard way): moderation!!!
Old 04-23-2012, 03:25 AM
FitDay Member

I'm lowering my water a bit this week...I find that if I'm not organized first thing in the morning (which I rarely am), I'm struggling later in the day to guzzle all my water and then I'm up 3 or 4 times in the night to go pee, and since I'm a crappy sleeper, it's a half hour each time before I fall back asleep. I'd rather have a bit less water and a bit more sleep. Otherwise it's the same as last week with a couple extras at the end.

1) 1,650 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,650)
2) do 2 out of 3 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/Richard Simmons)
3) 20% protein minimum
4) 64oz water minimum
5) calorie deficit 700+
6) take vitamins
7) lights out by 11 the night before (except Sunday night because apparently I'm hooked on Celebrity Apprentice)
8) log all spending daily
9) clean one room of the house each non-work day
10) get out at least one day to work in the garden

(edited to adjust my goal deficit from 600 to 700 after averaging out my deficit last week)

Last edited by nobe; 04-23-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:27 AM
FitDay Member

Hey nobe, I hear you about drinking at night. I might just as well sleep on the bathmat when I do that!!

Mern, honey, where are you? Are you catching up on lost sleep? JK!! But you know this thread needs you.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:40 AM
FitDay Member

Hope ... They just called to confirm that it should be on Friday. I have to be there a half hour prior to the procedure for medication and the whole thing will take about an hour once they start. I also have to take anti-inflammatories starting on Wednesday by prescription.

I have such scarring in my uterus from an improperly placed IUD that I think it is causing all my menstrual problems. The biopsy I had done came back benign. So that is good news. I don't remember if I reported that back to y'all or not. Hopefully I am one of the lucky ones that has no more periods at all after this procedure though. ***fingers crossed***

Nobe ... It is hard to get all the water in if you can't start early. It gets to be a point of just chugging it and I wonder if that is even beneficial? Hmmm...
Old 04-23-2012, 03:58 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, I'm here, I was out shopping. I still have to catch up on the posts from last night, but first a couple comments and then my goals.

I did sleep better last night--woke only four times for potty trips after drinking over 64 oz. yesterday. Was able to get right back to sleep and slept well when. That was such a welcome rest!

Didn't know at first quite how to take the question I was asked, but then I decided to take it as a compliment to myself. At a grocery warehouse this morning a 20ish young male greeter/ID checker at the entry door offered me a motorized shopping cart. At first I thought, "Geez, do I look that feeble?" But then I stopped to think that I may be in a minority of 5 feet tall "extremely obese" 65 year old women who is fit enough to walk two miles on a treadmill and then go grocery shopping. It doesn't take much for me to accept a compliment when it wasn't MEANT as one. LOL

This week's goals changing slightly as I lean more toward pesco-vegetarian with fish, egg substitute, and dairy allowed. I'm still learning how to eat this way and keep my pie chart balanced. Not promising to be perfect but I'm experimenting with this way of eating to see if it can help bring down my high cholesterol and triglycerides down closer to normal.

Goals:
Calorie limit 1500
Total carbs less fiber AVERAGE 25g
Fiber AVERAGE 25g
Saturated fat AVERAGE 12% of total calories
Protein AVERAGE 100g per day
TRACK my dietary cholesterol intake

Pre-plan and pre-log a satisfying, healthful evening snack
Exercise 5 days
Water 64 oz. per day

Gotta go throw in some laundry. Will be back to catch up later.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
April, you explained it quite well. When is this happening? I will send some good healing energy your way, honey. Sorry you have to go through this!!!

MH welcome back! I saw the picture of you and Mike in NOLA. You guys looked great. And yeah drinking to excess is definitely not fun. But I guess it was your 21st b-day and a rite of passage? And you learned a valuable lesson (albeit the hard way): moderation!!!
I must certainly did learn a lesson! I'm just the type of person who would prefer to drink water & dance, than to drink poison and cry. :P Plus I've heard that alcohol affects athletic performance, which is so NOT okay!
Old 04-23-2012, 04:20 AM
FitDay Member

Unexpected lunch with a coworker got cancelled. Now back to my regularly scheduled leftover homemade delicious potato & ham soup from yesterday!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.