Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Beginning 4/23/12

Old 04-23-2012, 10:33 AM
FitDay Member

It must be the day of the dangerous nasty driver. A guy cut me off from the right lane as we were both making a left turn and got pissed off at me!!! I was not kind or generous in my reaction to him, I must say. Does that count in my goals?

On a positive note, I finally found a book on tape I could have SWORN I returned to the library under the seat of my car. DD "looked" but did not find it. And I finally donated the clothing I've been driving around for months to Goodwill. (I was gonna list those both as goals, too bad cause that would have been a score.) AND I went to the gym after writing for two an a half hours. Yeah baby.

On a sad note, it looks like I'm gonna need that root canal or something for that tooth. I don't think this is fibro. I know, I know... how many of you saw that one coming? Yeah, I know.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

Aw, Hope, I'm sorry . Hugs to you and Lizzie too on the bad days.

Jho, your little ones are adorbs!
Old 04-23-2012, 11:25 AM
FitDay Member

I'm doing well so far. Kinda was in a pissy mood for most of the day. PMS has made her slave today. My emotions have been all over the place. But at least I know why. I haven't forgotten to make goals, just been busy. I'll be back before I head to bed to post them, and try and catch up on all the juicy gossip......
Old 04-23-2012, 11:39 AM
FitDay Member

Tori, I hope you cheer up. And Lizzie too. I wish I had some nice juicy gossip to entertain you. As it is, I am thinking of tying a string to one end of my tooth and putting the other end on a doorknob and shutting the door real fast. Advanced dental care. For the 1600s...

Anyone remember the endodontist who said if he sees me again he's gonna run over me with his car? Honestly, he was joking because I bolted out of his chair. At this point, I am gonna call him and say he CAN run me over as long as he gets the side with this aching tooth. Owie. Time for more Advil? I just took 3...

Or maybe I can get one of these psycho drivers out there to run over my tooth... Might be cheaper than the endo... what can I say? It only hurts when I DON'T laugh. Or when I drink cold water... or even warm water... which is making my water goal FUN FUN FUN... But I'm still drinking... water, I mean. I 'm drinking water. Pardon me, I think I'm raving.

Last edited by canary52; 04-23-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:36 PM
FitDay Member

I had written up an entire post with replies to everyone and then my iPad ran out of battery and I lost it all. so here is what I remember.

Goals:
Follow meal plan
Follow Exercise plan
No forbidden foods
Snack only at designated times
Don't overeat
Eat slowly
Suppress sugar cravings with gum

Life:
Write 4000 words this week
Train kitty cat, 2-3 times a week
Don't stress

Mea I also have three stubborn pounds to banish. Maybe we can beat them together.

Julie Welcome! Yes, weight goals are great but sometimes the little changes in your life are even more satisfying.

And here I was GOING to reply to someone else, but I can't remember who, or what I was going to say. Sorry. I have to go shopping so I can't reread to jog my memory; maybe later.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:00 PM
FitDay Member

1) 1,650 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,650) - 1585
2) do 2 out of 3 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/Richard Simmons) - 1:15 walking/weights
3) 20% protein minimum - 20%
4) 64oz water minimum - 48oz
5) calorie deficit 700+ - 802
6) take vitamins - yes
7) lights out by 11 the night before (except Sunday night because apparently I'm hooked on Celebrity Apprentice) - no
8) log all spending daily - yes
9) clean one room of the house each non-work day - yes
10) get out at least one day to work in the garden - no
Old 04-23-2012, 02:02 PM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness ...
1. 100oz water daily M: Yes,
2. Calorie deficit of 5000 M: -823, Deficit so far this week: -823
3. Lose 3 lbs by Friday to achieve goal of 250 by 4/27 (15lb loss in 8 weeks)
4. Less than 45% carbs M: 39%,
5. Banish Fat Boost Metabolism 2 times this week minimum
6. Weigh and post daily (Last Monday's weight: 256.6lbs) M: 253.0lbs, Weight change so far this week:

Life Goals
1. No more than 1 day behind on paperwork at work M: only one day left,
2. Clean fish bowl in office M: No,
3. Keep house cleaned up nightly from roofers (skylights drop stuff inside the house while replacing) Should be a W-F goal weather permitting
4. Do some form of housework to keep caught up in case I can't do housework this weekend. M: Nothing needs done - whole house cleaned on Sunday,

My unexpected lunch that ended up cancelled turned out for the best anyway. I had my wonderful soup and my hubby texted and asked if since I wasn't going to lunch would I like to see him. So he came and got me and took me to run a few errands. It is so nice & different when you get to see your hubby during your workday. He is such a sweetie! So full of praise and compliments for me lately too.

Wow so many of you with traffic problems lately. You better all be careful when you are out and about!
Old 04-23-2012, 02:33 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I forgot to weigh in on Friday, I knew that Saturday and Sunday I would gain several pounds. For the week, I'm down just under a pound. Great job, I knew you had it in you, you just needed to be pushed. I'm so glad that you accepted my "race to 170" challenge
did I actually agree to that "race to 170"?????

Tori rocked it. I think she doubted herself. I think sh'e got -1.8% in her this week, don't you?
aww thanks! I absolutely doubted myself. I gotta do the math on 1.8.....

As you know, I don't drink any more. Just think of the time you would have had if you would have been drinking in NOLA, especially at the bar I sent you to.
what bar did you send her to????

Originally Posted by jnelson422
Morning! I am new to the boards and this looked like a great thread I am 31, current weight 335, starting was 358 on Feb 26. This is week 9 for me and I am down 23 pounds..Yay! So far I have been setting goals of ten pound incrememnts but having specific weekly goals/challenges sounds great! So here is what I am challenging myself with this week:

1. drink over 100 oz water every day
2. walk 30 minutes each day
3.Plan food for day the night before
4.journal every day

These 4 are things I would like to do but have really been struggling with following through with! So, lets have a great week!

JULIE
WELCOME!!! goals look GREAT!

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Tori ... I knew you could do it!
y'all gonna make me blush!!

Originally Posted by jeannedehart
Congrats Tori on blowing away your loss goal!
thanks!

Originally Posted by mhibdon
LADIES! I just blasted through last week's forum in less than an hour! Where has everyone gone?! Why is everyone less chatty?

YOU GOT THIS LADIES!!!

Tori: If you'd ever like to come up with acronyms together, I recently joined that "Single Ladies Club" again too.
life has kicked me in the ass, that's why I'm less chatty. Any time you wanna compare acronyms hit me up. I've come up with some good ones that I didn't even post here. Of course, I've had some help with some of them

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Mike: WHY DID YOU NOT WARN ME THAT ALCOHOL IS A THING OF THE DEVIL?! I am Never Drinking Again! I partied for 2 hours... and then was sick the remaining 22 hours of my birthday. Honestly I only coherently remember 30 minutes, which is OBSCENE! I was almost arrested! How do people do this to themselves and call it fun?!
oh, see I'm the opposite. I love the booze. As most here know Hahaha, you were almost arrested?? Now that's got to be one heck of a story. All that happened when I was there was my friend falling off the cooler over the police line into the street. And me telling the hot bartender that I could do dirty and bad things to him.

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
I've heard it affects other types of performance too.
hahahahahahaha, if I were a mean person I'd tell a story about this and CN...but I won't
Old 04-23-2012, 02:44 PM
FitDay Member

Default Actual Goals

Health/Fitness
1: under 1500 calories M-Th, under 1800 F-Su
2: make an effort to drink more water
3: 10 miles, weather and sickness permitting (still feeling a smidge under the weather)
4: log everything
5: post weight daily
6: 1.8% loss (-3.4 lbs)
7: DON'T FALL OFF THE WAGON OVER THE WEEKEND!
8: make a serious effort to keep up with the thread. I've been sucky at the support lately, just been taking and taking THANKS FOR THAT EVERYONE!!!!

The only life goal I have this week is not to kill anyone. We have inventory at work this week, and it's going to be super stressful. Having become PMS's bitch this week, it's going to be iffy as to whether or not I'll actually be successful at this.

Going to go make sure my logs are correct, then will be back to post the update.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
The only life goal I have this week is not to kill anyone.

This was me a month or so ago. You will get through it one day at a time. Sometimes one hour or minute is all you can manage, but you can do it.

Tired early tonight...might actually make my sleep goal!

1. Stay under 1300 calories. 1093
2. Follow pie chart rules. Fair
3. 3 sports bottles water daily. Not quite, but 4 cups of tea today
4. Eat clean; no white sugar/flour. Yes
5. Exercise 6 days. Not tonight, dear, wicked headache
6. Sleep 7 hours per night. 6.5
7. Log everything and post daily. Yes

Last edited by cjohnson728; 04-23-2012 at 03:18 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.