Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Beginning 4/23/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Beginning 4/23/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Beginning 4/23/12

Old 04-27-2012, 02:40 AM
FitDay Member

Rose412, welcome!

Thursday report:

Calorie limit 1500 1219, 1319, 1716, 1150
Total carbs less fiber AVERAGE 25g 24.9g, 24.9 again (I squeeze out all I can. , 27.2g, 22.5g
Fiber AVERAGE 25g 39g, 42g, 32g, 39g
Saturated fat AVERAGE 12% of total calories 9%, 11%, 16%, 12%
Protein AVERAGE 100g per day 106gm 103g, 103g, 97g
Cutting my dietary cholesterol goal in half to a limit of 150mg 58mg, 103mg, 162mg, 75mg

Pre-plan and pre-log a satisfying, healthful evening snack almond butter on celery; plain tuna and low fat provolone cheese; almond butter on raw zucchini and low fat provolone cheese; protein shake with flaxmeal
Exercise 5 days YES, YES, YES, scheduled day off exercise
Water 64 oz. per day YES, YES, YES, YES
Old 04-27-2012, 02:44 AM
FitDay Member

For the last couple of days:
1.) Under 1400 cals/day: 1450, ~2000, 1758
2.) Do evening basal test!: Not yet
3.) Drink 64 oz water/day: 58, 64, 68
4.) Finish Astro 530 HW by Wed.: Done by Friday
5.) Finish Astro 530 paper by Fri.: Done
6.) Do Astro 585 HW by Thurs.: Done
7.) Study for finals
8.) Test blood sugars before AND after meals: Y, Y, Y

Sorry wasn't posting for a couple of days - getting back in the swing of things is hard! My calories haven't been great - evenings are getting to me, but that's always been my hardest time of day, so I just need to figure out how to make it work again.

April, best of luck today!

Hope, happy belated birthday - hope it was awesome
Old 04-27-2012, 03:06 AM
FitDay Member

Good luck today, April! I'll be thinking about you.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:14 AM
FitDay Member

Threw my 2nd grade grandson "under the bus today" figuratively speaking. We don't have school busses, but when I dropped him off at school, I noticed he didn't have his lunch I packed for him, so I came home and got it and drove it back up to school. The principal was in the office. I told the principal he DID have his lunch bag in his hand until I saw him also putting Pokemon trading cards in his backpack and I told him I didn't want him to take those to school, so he set his lunch down while putting the cards back on my desk. I neglected to notice he didn't pick his lunch back up. The principal said I made "a good catch" because he made a couple announcements already to the kids that any Pokemon cards brought to school would be confiscated. Oops! I didn't know that--I thought GS was just violating MY rule.

Hope best wishes on all the birthday meals.

Boo, best wishes on reassessing your goals. Be sure you're getting enough fiber, too as helps carbs pass through one's body more quickly so fewer grams of carbs get absorbed. I think 25g fiber per day is what's recommended. Excess carbs are stored as fat. Someone please correct me if I didn't say that right.

Darlene, thanks for your encouragement. Kudos on day three of good eating and logging.

HKG, kudos on cutting down on the cereal. I understand about deprivation of one food leading to craving for another. Does that sugarless gum help suppress your cereal craving, too? I'm trying to replace my craving for sugar free chocolate with rich tasting foods like half a serving of natural peanut butter or almond butter on celery or canned tuna and almonds.

Nobe, nice job on heath and fitness, especially on your deficit. Painting long hours I'm sure makes it difficult to get in all your water.

Tori, sorry your inventory sucked. When I was a store manager, that was one of my favorite things to do. I truly loved it because it was done when the store was closed, it was a nice break from routine, and we got to wear jeans, drink coffee or pop, eat luch together on the floor of the store.

My morning started off sucky with several small things going wrong. Nothing earth shattering, just annoying. Gotta go run some easy errands--that'll put me in a better mood.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:53 AM
Super Moderator

Health and Fitness
1) 2% challenge! (drop 2% of my body weight by Friday, -3.65 pounds)
2) work out 3 times yes, no, yes, no
FAIL 3) bench press 280 pounds nope
4) walk 10 miles 0, 3.5, 2.8, 0
5) 4 serving of fruit and veggies no, no, yes, no
6) all my daily vitamis, etc no, yes, yes, yes

Other
7) write 3 auto policies (or $5k in premium) 0, $2024, 0, 0
Old 04-27-2012, 05:49 AM
FitDay Member

Mern. So glad things worked out ok for your GD. Hope your day improved.

I weighed in today at 151 so I am 1lb off my goal for this event, better than nothing I say.
Ironing and packing for tomorrow, won't have access to a computer unless BF brings his IPad.
A few months ago we appointed a guy to look after our bars, since then every single event has shown a loss initially until I have gone in to check the stock etc. This time he was £78 down so I had to go to HQ today and recheck the stock, not only did I find it but it is now up by £54. I'm starting to think that he is not up to the job especially since this is stressing him out every time he comes up short as he is expected to make up any shortfall. We don't hold a huge amount of stock but he missed 2 btls of gin and 48 cokes as well as other stuff.
Anyway, complaining over, let the holiday begin.
Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator

Hi everyone...as I sheepishly slink in here after being absent for days...

I apologize for not keeping up. I missed you guys!

Hope, happy belated birthday! I hope you enjoyed it and that you have many happy days to come in this year.

Darlene and Joanna, welcome back! So good to see you post again .

April, I hope all went well today and that it takes care of all the problems for you. Take it easy and let the boys wait on you this weekend.

Mern! I am so glad all is well with your granddaughter's incident. What a weird experience, to find out the additional information and have them not show up to boot! I know the stress you all went through and I'm happy that's over for you and your family. That's truly awesome news .

I know I don't have time to catch up with everyone, but I hope you're all doing well and I appreciate you being here.

My week quickly went to chaos. Work, home, and son stuff are all cresting at the same time and I am drowning! I am hoping to use this weekend to reaffirm my commitment to taking care of myself and not letting my needs take a back burner in this busy-ness. So, I am posting my weekend warrior goals:

1. 1300 or fewer calories.
2. Eat clean and eat smart.
3. Keep water bottle going.
4. One weights workout.
5. Do half the KEMO trails.
6. Do two things on the Nagging Things I've Been Procrastinating list.

Hmm, thought about putting some chores and work stuff on there, but that would create some stress and run counter to taking care of myself, so I'll just work off my master list .

In other news, my son's team won their match in Savannah, so they move onto the second round of State. They are going south this time, almost to Florida (waves at Terri) on Tuesday. As (rotten) luck would have it, I can't go to that one either. Disappointment, I has it.

Hope you all have a great weekend! I will be here warrior-ing and would love some company, but given my poor track record in showing up this week, I won't bust anyone's chops if they don't show up .

Last edited by cjohnson728; 04-27-2012 at 08:58 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:39 AM
FitDay Member

I'm back. Well actually I've been home since about 11 but this is the first time I am awake enough to post. I have some really bad cramps right now. The procedure went smoothly. It was quite painful but nothing that I couldn't handle thankfully. She offered more toridol partway through but I told her no. Been sleeping all afternoon with a heating pad on my belly. Hubby made a delicious dinner so I got up and ate. That may be the only reason that I am awake right now ... Thank you all for your well wishes!
Old 04-27-2012, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

I feel validated!! A few months ago, some of us got on a soapbox about commercials and ads implying how healthy their products are. Almeeker and I and some others were talking about Nutella and various other foods. Well, its hazelnut chocolatey deliciousness just got busted: Maker of Nutella settles with consumers over ?healthy food? claims; will pay out $3 million - NY Daily News

I think we FitDayers make an excellent watchdog group .
Old 04-27-2012, 11:22 AM
FitDay Member

Goals 4/23
1 – 1500 cals or less. N, N, Y, Y, ?
2 – Lots of H2O – 8 glasses or more/day. Have not been measuring but I think so...
3 – Eat breakfast! Y, N, Y, Y, Y
4 – Gym 2x. Y, Y
5 – Walk in the evenings. N, N, N, N, ?

Weight is holding pretty much exactly the same - not bad for not paying a whole lot of attention this week! Finally got a compliment from a co-worker "you've lost some weight right? Have you been working out every day!" Answer: "No, I wish, lost it mostly through calorie restriction - logging is my weapon!"

Searching for a preschool sucks! I took DS to a school today to view and the kids were totally out of control. The director who was taking me on a tour yelled at a boy, across the room, who was standing on a chair (the teacher was 2 feet from him and did not notice)... it was so loud in the building I could not wait to get out of there. Still on the waiting list for the one we really want to send DS to, and have one more to check out next week... miracles could happen!

Hope to read posts after DS goes down tonight. Big hugs to all!

Ama

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.