Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Beginning 4/23/12

Old 04-25-2012, 12:45 PM
FitDay Member

Mern & Jho...You guys are just awesome with your support!

Hope...I am so sorry to hear about your friend. Lots of calming thoughts for you for the next while. I am sure that he forgives whatever kept you from being in contact with him for a while.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:34 PM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness
1: under 1500 calories M-Th, under 1800 F-Su: 1537, 1370, 1295 (but may go for a snack in a few, haven't made my mind up yet}
2: make an effort to drink more water: EPIC FAIL, no, I give up
3: 10 miles, weather and sickness permitting (still feeling a smidge under the weather): nope, nada, uh uh
4: log everything: YES, YES, YES
5: post weight daily: 188.8, 189.8, 189.4
6: 1.8% loss (-3.4 lbs)
7: DON'T FALL OFF THE WAGON OVER THE WEEKEND!
8: make a serious effort to keep up with the thread. I've been sucky at the support lately, just been taking and taking THANKS FOR THAT EVERYONE!!!!---I suck

Life
Don't kill anyone--so far so good
Old 04-25-2012, 03:19 PM
FitDay Member

Hope Nice to see you also.

Mern I like my new job a lot the hours will probably improve I am really short staffed presently. I am interviewing for a new assistant manager and a merchandiser so once those positions are hired and trained my job will be less stressful. I sure hope you are right about the weight gain I logged today and yesterday so hopefully the habit will come back easily.

April Great to hear your numbers are still going down, good job. I have missed you also, glad my jiggley hips gave you a chuckle.

Good food choices today so like mern says I am closing the kitchen at 1120 calories and going to bed. Goodnight all.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:30 PM
FitDay Member

Couldn't upload yesterday due to fit day being 'tired'. It is pouring outside and this weather is supposed to continue throughout the remainder of the week, which means I can't walk to the store, again! Some days it feels like the universe hates me. On the bright side, Mimi, my 4 month old kitty has learned how to jump on and down on things on command. I just have to point and say, 'up' or 'down'. No more jumping on the counter while I'm eating!

Goals:
Follow meal plan Y, N, Y
Follow Exercise plan Y, Y, Y
No forbidden foods Y, Y, Swapped cucumber slices for fruit bar cuz I've never eaten a cucumber before and I now think I'm allergic to them. My tongue got all itchy.
Snack only at designated times Y, N, Y
Don't overeat Y, N, Y
Eat slowly Y, Y, Y
Suppress sugar cravings with gum, Y, Y, Y

Life:
Write 4000 words this week, 0, 0, 0
Train kitty cat, 2-3 times a week, N, N, Y
Don't stress Okayish, Y, Y

Mern Seriously, you are the queen of green!

Hope So sorry about your friend. My cousin died last year so I know how you feel. Prayers sent your way.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:51 PM
FitDay Member

I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up with everyone. I do read everything but don't have much time lately to respond (I usually read on my phone on my way somewhere, and phone-typing sucks). You guys are so wonderfully supportive and positive and awesome, though. It's inspiring to read.

Had a kind of messed up day today. I think I've mentioned that my mom is crazy - well she called me today bawling her eyes out because she couldn't find her papers to do her taxes (the last day is Monday) and she said she needed me to come over and look for them for her. So I went over and went through every paper and envelope in her desk (bills going back to the 90's) with her looking over my shoulder saying I wasn't looking carefully enough, and after an hour I said I didn't find anything and she said "well come look at the stuff I put on my bed," and there, on her bed, was a folder marked "2011 taxes" with all the slips she needs in it. I don't know if she just made this all up to get me to come over or if she's that crazy.

Anyway, then it was another hour of assuring her she only needs those slips and she doesn't need to bring last year's taxes or empty phone bill envelopes or grocery lists with her to H+R Block (seriously) and another hour of listening to her complain that she doesn't know what to do because she doesn't want my stepdad to know she's doing her taxes and she's too scared to drive the five minutes to H+R Block and what if they're not open the hours their website says they are and can't I not work this week to help her do this? And of course this is all somehow my fault because I work and she's had to babysit (she offered, I didn't demand she babysit) and if she just had those two days a week she could have been on top of things. But it's also all my fault because I don't spend enough time with her. Blarg.

I would say she's getting dementia or something, except she's always been like this. It's more exaggerated now, but no different than how she's always been.

Long story short, I had half a can of Campbell's soup for lunch and no water between morning and dinnertime, and not much exercise besides a walk to Walmart in the morning (though I'm going to do my weights when I get off the computer), and my brain is too fried to do my finances and the house is tidy because nobody was in it all day (but I'm counting it!).

On the plus side, my mom discovered an exercise bike behind all the clutter in her bedroom (oh, she's also a hoarder), and gave it to me. It's still in the van, but hopefully I'll get it in the house soon and start making some use of it.

Painting again tomorrow and Friday!

1) 1,650 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,650) - 1585, 1553, 1307
2) do 2 out of 3 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/Richard Simmons) - 1:15 walking/weights, weights/nothing else, 45 mins walking/weights
3) 20% protein minimum - 20%, 26%, 19%
4) 64oz water minimum - 48oz, 64oz, 48oz
5) calorie deficit 700+ - 802, 626, 966
6) take vitamins - yes, yes, yes
7) lights out by 11 the night before (except Sunday night because apparently I'm hooked on Celebrity Apprentice) - no, yes, no
8) log all spending daily - yes, no, no
9) clean one room of the house each non-work day (changing this for this week to just keeping the house tidy - will start the one room each day thing Monday, since my house was just thoroughly cleaned)- yes, yes, yes
10) get out at least one day to work in the garden - no, no, no
Old 04-25-2012, 04:41 PM
FitDay Member

Amended Wednesday Report

I had posted my Wednesday report last night and then a craving for sweets came about when I saw the leftovers teriyaki rice in my fridge that live-in GD and her BF cooked for dinner. First I grabbed sugar free imitation honey and then a bag of Hershey sugar free chocolate miniatures. I didn't even try to fight the cravings. As a matter of fact, I ate it quickly to deliberately finish it before I could muster up enough willpower to stop myself. Crazy thing to do after being all green for Monday and Tuesday, but that's how I roll at times.

Calorie limit 1500 1219, 1319, 1716
Total carbs less fiber AVERAGE 25g 24.9g, 24.9 again (I squeeze out all I can. , 27.2g
Fiber AVERAGE 25g 39g, 42g, 32g
Saturated fat AVERAGE 12% of total calories 9%, 11%, 16%
Protein AVERAGE 100g per day 106gm 103g, 103g
Cutting my dietary cholesterol goal in half to a limit of 150mg 58mg, 103mg, 162mg

Pre-plan and pre-log a satisfying, healthful evening snack almond butter on celery; plain tuna and low fat provolone cheese; almond butter on raw zucchini and low fat provolone cheese
Exercise 5 days YES, YES, YES
Water 64 oz. per day YES, YES, YES
Old 04-25-2012, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Health/Fitness
1: under 1500 calories M-Th, under 1800 F-Su: 1537, 1370, 1295 (but may go for a snack in a few, haven't made my mind up yet}
2: make an effort to drink more water: EPIC FAIL, no, I give up
3: 10 miles, weather and sickness permitting (still feeling a smidge under the weather): nope, nada, uh uh
4: log everything: YES, YES, YES
5: post weight daily: 188.8, 189.8, 189.4
6: 1.8% loss (-3.4 lbs)
7: DON'T FALL OFF THE WAGON OVER THE WEEKEND!
8: make a serious effort to keep up with the thread. I've been sucky at the support lately, just been taking and taking THANKS FOR THAT EVERYONE!!!!---I suck

Life
Don't kill anyone--so far so good
Water, water, water!!!! Maybe you can keep yourself busy this weekend, you may just stay on the wagon. Maybe you can knock out some miles then get some new boots this weekend. Glad to see that you're doing the 1.8. That I think will be your biggest challenge. You may end up in the red....

quinniepoo where are you????
Old 04-25-2012, 05:37 PM
FitDay Member

April, YOU are awesome with YOUR support. Don't sell yourself short. You and so many others here keep me going despite my falling down at times.

Hope, April is so right. Ron knows you cared about him. A few weeks ago I ran into a former neighbor and I felt so bad about having lost touch with her and she reminded me that sometimes the everyday lives of friends can take us in different directions, but our closeness in spirit and friendship isn't diminished by that. I still cared deeply about her during our absence from one another and she still cared deeply about me. Be confident that Ron knows...

Tori, we luv ya even when ya suck at keeping up with the thread. LOL Just kidding--we all know it's really difficult to keep up. Kudos on your honest report, for logging everything and not killing anyone this week. Big hug to ya.

Darlene, glad to know work, stress, and hours relief will come when you get the new assistant manager and merchandiser hired and trained. Kudos on good food choices and closing the kitchen. I cheated after I closed my kitchen last night--amended my report and am moving on. Blessings back to ya.

HKG, I was amazed you'd never eaten a cucumber before. But then again, I don't think I had zucchini until I was an adult. My Mom just never served it. An itchy tongue does sound like an allergy to me. Wow, kudos on your report! You did way better than I today. I had to amend my report due to going off the wagon after posting I had closed down my kitchen. It was raining so hard here that the rain on the roof woke me up from a sound sleep. Not a windstorm or thunder or lightening--just pounding rain. So cute about Mimi jumping on command. She sounds very smart for such a young kitty. My fairly new (about a year) neigbors down the street let their dog run loose instead of walking him and cleaning up after him. He liked to come into our yard to do his business and after I cordially (seriously cordially) talked to his owners about the problem they continue to let him run loose. He still TRIES to get by with using OUR front yard as his potty, but I trained him to know I won't allow it with the use of a super soaker squirt gun. Only took one time to squirt him clear out of my yard and now I keep the super soaker by my front door and as soon as he hears me pumping it (makes a loud clacking noise) he takes off running. LOL May sound mean to some of you, but a vet told me that's a humane way of dealing with the problem when the owners won't.

Nobe, my heart goes out to you over your Mom making your life difficult. My Mom was like that after my father passed away--even after she remarried. She was the mistress of manipulation and holding others responsible for her self-inflicted problems. If crossed would make the "crosser's" life a living hell. She later WAS diagnosed with dementia, but in discussing it after she passed, my three siblings and I DID come to the conclusion that she was emotionally ill even when we were children. I'm not saying your Mom is mentally ill--just that I completely understand your frustration and I wish you peace and relief whenever you can get it. Big hug to ya. Congrats on each and every green in your Wednesday report. Always give yourself credit for all you DID accomplish! Oh, that's wonderful about getting the exercise bike!
Old 04-25-2012, 05:48 PM
FitDay Member

HOPE

Old 04-25-2012, 05:57 PM
FitDay Member

Default Wednesday Report.

Daily Goals -
1. Loads of water. (2lts+) N, Y, Y
2. At least 3 servings of fruit and veg. N, Y, Y
3. Gym or classes daily. Y, Y, Y

Other Goals -
1. 2 bread free days a week. 1/2
2. At least 1 long walk.
3. Record a weight loss on Friday!

Had a 'Green' day yesterday, but was less than successful in the rest of my food choices. Came back from the gym and had about 800 calories in chocolate because my stupid OH bought some home even though I begged him not to. And then because I had a carb crash I had two slices of toast with chili cheese spread before bed. Really, really bad of me. I'm so angry at myself!
Don't think I'm going to be able to record a loss this week either. I'm bobbing around the 272.5 mark at the moment with little movement. So frustrating!!! When I was losing weight the first time around I used to drop 3-5lbs a week and was doing the same as I am now. Why!!!!!!!??????
(Unhappy Boo today.)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.