7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 4/16/12
Hope I got that date right as we write it differently over here.
Thought I'd try starting us off but if anyone else wants to hit the go button, feel free.
This week I am ALL in. Not only will I post my goals but I will list my progress too.
1 stay below 1200 per day
2 No alcohol until Palma on 28 Apr
3 30 min brisk walk at least 5 days this week plus some ab crunches every day.
Otherwise just shake things up and get out of this low that I seem to be in.
Have a great Monday everyone
I'm in. Not sure how well I'll do this week, but I'm determined to try. Goals are going to be simple, not sure I can handle anything other than simple right now.
1: keep calories under 1600
2: 48 oz water daily
3: walk 10 miles
4: log everything
5: post weight daily
6: lose 2%
I have a feeling #6 is going to be the toughest. I haven't actually lost weight in weeks. More times than not I've gained a pound or two.
This weekend was horrible to say the least. I ate like crap, not sure if I actually drank any water and cried pretty much all day yesterday. I think reality has finally set in, and it's going to be a really rough go. I'm not going to let it break me, but right now that's pretty much how I feel.
Will check in later.
I'm in as well. Stuck to my plan all weekend, which is a HUGE improvement for me. Really motivated to get back down to my summer weight. I have stuck to a very strict plan since Easter, so maybe I've finally turned the corner. Didn't make my 4/16 goal. I sort of ran into the ditch because I turned Easter Sunday into an entire weekend. :mad: Although delayed, I will make my goal after my slight detour. ;)
1. Calories below 1200.
2. Take all vitamins and supplements.
3. No bread, cheese or spreads M-F.
4. Minimum 3 fruits or vegetables daily.
1. Practice patience.
2. Balance checkbook... why do I hate this SO much??
3. Package and send university paperwork by Friday.
I'm in. It's Monday and a new week and a bit of adjustments to the goals. Until I master a goal for the complete week, they will stay as goals. This will be a good week!
[U]Health & Wellness Goals[/U
]1. Calories under 1000
2. Walk / exercise everyday
3. Drink 150 oz of water /tea every day
4. Meals at regular time
5. To bed by 11 pm
1. Set up fabric shelf
2. Finish quilt project for Saturday's group
3. Dishes everyday
4. Complete 1 overdue job at work this week
5. Put in 5 hours on 2010 data entry for taxes
I hate to admit it but I haven't filed my 2010 taxes yet. I'm ready to file 2011 but I need to finish 2010 first. I have a good 40 hours of prep work to get them ready to file. Time to put the time in to get them done!
Tori - Hang in there. Pick yourself up and keep moving forward. Get out everyday and do something for yourself - go to a movie, go shopping, take a drive or walk, call a friend you haven't heard from in a while, go feed the ducks. Don't look back and know that he is the one losing out here. I know it hurts, cherish what you had and move on. Hugs to you today!
Not sure I can stick with it because DD and I are going to see the last college she is considering and then we are all going to make a decision. We went to a reception yesterday which wound up being another info session, identical to the one we had already seen. Much as I have loved the college visits, I think even I am getting sick of this and I know DD is stressed about making a decision.
I tend to make sketchy food choices when I am away. Plus coming off Passover, I feel like I am "owed" food I couldn't have even if I don't normally eat it all in one week. For example, I see a dragon roll (shrimp tempura sushi with crab on top) in my future. But I will try. Gotta do that at least. Yesterday I ate my fatigue so it is no surprise the scale showed it.
Tori, I am so sorry to hear what's been going on with you and I hope that this week is a better one for you.
Good job, Quinn! Keep up the determination!!! You'll get results!!! I also know you can feel where I am re the whole college thing.
Lizzie thanks for starting us off.
1) what else? water, 6 glasses of it minimum
2) calories 1650 of em maximum
3) stretch stretch strech
4) sleep, may be my hardest goal of all
5) try not to worry and obsess, NO this one is the hardest
I'm in with same goals for this week; non-health-related goals changing though. Last week I'm proud to say I met my 8 hour exercise goal despite being crazy busy. I'm hoping I can get it again this week. I think it may have backfired, though, because I was sooo hungry this past weekend! Overall, though, my weekend was amazingly productive, so I'm thankful for that.
1. Calories 1300 or fewer.
2. Exercise 8 hours.
3. Drink at least 2 big sports bottles water per day.
4. Sleep at least 7 hours per night.
5. Follow my pie chart rules.
6. Log everything and check in daily.
7. Take all vitamins and supplements.
8. Log remits and billing.
9. Back up hard drive.
10. Clean out emails.
I just spent 2 hours in traffic; there was a fatality on the main artery I take to get to the office I'm at one day per week, and the long way around was also gridlocked. I'm a little fried right now.
Wishing you all a wonderful and successful week :).
1. Drink min 80oz of WATER!!
2. Wake up early before my monsters wake up! (seriously)!!
3. PM workout Mon/Wed/Fri(at least)!!
4. Min 60 crunches/day!
5. 5 Pushups (straight leg)/ 10 pushups (knees)!
6. Calories below 1300/day!
7. Don't crash and burn on the weekend! WEEKEND WARRIORS UNITE!!!
1. Take kids outside OR work on crafts min 1 hr/day (specified time: 10:30am)!!
2. Encourage hubby to workout!
3. Work on Mom's Scrapbook 1hr/day!
1. Sell it.
2. Sell it.
3. Clean it.
4. Sell it.
Well - lets just say that I kinda went on a food bender.... I knew this would happen if I got on the scales! I was happy to see the loss but it just went downhill after that (oh I lost some weight so I can cheat a little here and a little there and then it just went all to S$^&!) Lesson learned - NO MORE SCALE! Clearly I was doing something right before. I probably gained it all back - it was bad....
MOVING FORWARD - ITS A NEW WEEK! AND I'M BACK (AND YES I'M YELLING AT MYSELF ONCE AGIAN) :) LETS DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I guess I missed quite a bit last week.... (sorry)
Mern - my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family
Tori - stay strong - you can always count on us for support
Hope everyone else is doing well!!!! Glad to be back!
Guess who's back ladies?!?!?!
I got to meet with mh yesterday when she was in NOLA.:D
I've been busy AND off the wagon and now I'm fat agian. I'm tipping the scales at 183.2 pounds.
Health and Fitness
My goals will be Mon-Friday because Saturday I'll be boiling 800-900 pounds of crawfish for the Hospice foundation... sounds like a RAK to me! ;) j/k
Health and Fitness
1) 2% challenge! (drop 2% of my body weight by Friday, -3.66 pounds)
2) work out 2 times
3) bench press 280 pounds
4) walk 10 miles
5) 4 serving of fruit and veggies
6) all my daily vitamis, etc
7) write 3 auto policies (or $4k in premium)
8) have fun Saturday
I'm in. Same goals as last week.
1) 1,650 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,650)
2) do 2 out of 3 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/Richard Simmons)
3) 20% protein minimum
4) 72oz water minimum
5) calorie deficit 600+
6) take vitamins
7) lights out by 11 the night before (except Sunday night because apparently I'm hooked on Celebrity Apprentice)
8) log all spending daily
|All times are GMT. The time now is 05:32 PM.|