Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 4/16/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 4/16/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 4/16/12

Old 04-21-2012, 02:38 AM
FitDay Member

Lizzie, well done! I WAS impressed with your brisk 30 minute walk before breakfast--so much that I decided I would follow your good example and I logged off the computer and went straight down to the gym for my 30 minute treadmill walk before posting any replies. Thanks for helping start my weekend off right. Our new over-the-sink light fixture is nicer than the one we had before. Yes, there IS always something to be done when you own a house. What a nice mother you are to pay for your son's new flooring and put your own needs on the back burner! We've needed the driveway sealed for years and DH didn't want to spend the money right then. I have a hard time convincing him that routine maintenance saves money in the longrun. Now it's deteriorated to the point where it's going to more expensive to repair. I don't know whether they can repave over it or whether they'll have to tear the whole thing out and lay a whole new one. We'll have to get estimates from what we know are a reliable companies. Wishing you a fun and healthy Saturday, too. How old are your great-nieces? That's so nice that you spend quality time with them!

Boo, so sorry to hear about your hand cramps. My DH gets those, too, after exercise, and tried drinking more water, less caffeine, and getting more potassium--none of those helped. I'll look at his last blood test results and see where his level was and if it was low normal, I'll suggest he try upping magnesium intake to see if it helps. I agree with you--doing all the logging and posting, menu planning, and exercise takes so much time out of my day. I don't know how people with full time jobs do it, either!

Nobe, nice job yesterday. Still not eating much protein due to being so busy? I'm experimenting with my protein level in grams. Although my blood tests show my protein level is just fine, my doc thinks I don't need the 120g to which I aspire. I want to see if dropping my goal to 100g slows down my weight loss. How did you arrive at 20% for your protein goal?

Cassie, thanks for your support with my little GD's hearing. It's encouraging that it's going the way you predicted. I do hope that she tells the whole truth at the hearing and that the boy and his mother tell/told the whole truth. She is still grounded by my daughter from playing with other children in the neighborhood until the hearing. But since it HAS gone to the mediator my daughter and I are hoping the mediator will give her some official age and incident appropriate punishment that GD considers "consequential" so she understands that even deliberately kicking a boy in the leg is against the law if not in self-defense, and if the boy HAD been injured, she would have been in WAY more serious trouble. Kudos to your son and his team for making the state championship matches. Best wishes on your getting through the last ones with pleasure.

Last edited by Mern; 04-21-2012 at 04:37 AM.
Old 04-21-2012, 02:46 AM
Super Moderator

Jho, your party sounds like so much fun! I know your kids will have a blast! Enjoy yourself today! Actually, the no-pants thing really happened on one of my work at home days. I had gone to a cardio class and was cutting it close for a conference call, and I didn't have time to shower, but I was so sweaty I couldn't stand the thought of staying in my clothes, so...I just peeled them off and put on a big t-shirt and did the conference call and no one ever knew.

Lizzie, great job on getting up and out! I am impressed .

Hi, Boo, good to see you. I hope the magnesium works for you. It is one that is often deficient. I do take a specific supplement for it; it helps with so many things. Good luck!

nobe, your goals look good this week. Way to stick with it!

Oh, hi Mern! Just saw you when I posted. Hope you have a great day!

Well, I am trying to get out of a funk I've been in since yesterday. I am not able to go watch my son at the state match due to everything coming together the wrong way. There is no set date for the match; the coaches just talk and set the day, so we get very little notice. Unfortunately, in my group practice, I'm covering for maternity leave for another doc, and although I can choose the 2 days per week I'm there, I have to choose them far enough ahead of time that clients can be scheduled. Of course, the Savannah match falls on one of those dates, so I'm screwed. I know y'all don't need to know all that, but I was hoping if I just vented it out, I could stop thinking about it.

Well, I have a full day of work stuff and home stuff, so I'd best get to it. I have given up on taking the time going back through my original goals but I'm going to log and commit to these for today and tomorrow:

1. Calories 1300 or fewer.
2. Exercise both days.
3. Eat clean (Luv, oh Luv, wherefore art thou?)
4. Water...3 big sports bottles.
5. Take son driving once.
6. Make sure said son spends some time studying AP book.
7. Send payroll info. DONE
8. Write 1.5 reports.
9. Proof 1 report.

I would love to get some annuals in and go look at carpet, but realistically I don't see those things as happening. Why are the weekends so short???

Last edited by cjohnson728; 04-21-2012 at 03:37 AM.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:09 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, Jho. Glad to have some weekend warrior company! Aw, the pizza birthday party for your son sounds wonderful--great idea! Kudos on scoring the pizza boxes. Businesses are so cordial. I have a local grocery store bakery that will sell me disposable cake, pie, and cupcake carriers really cheap for family reunions, parties and stuff. Geez, you did a fabulous job this week on exercise, especially with the work of moving your friend from the 4th floor with no elevator! Your calories were spectacular--even with that little bitty overage from the pizza--you were well under the other days! Glad you caught the bok choy info. Don't know why FitDay didn't carry the info on the raw form so one could count it up for our recipes. Like you, I make soup often--especially to use leftovers. I save my meat juices to make a wonderful base for soup broth. Thanks for your encouragement on my exercise. I hate it so badly that even when I exercise at home, I pop the DVD into my computer which is in the same room with the TV--the time goes so much faster for me that way.

Cassie, I got such a chuckle out of your pantsless conference call. Aw, so sad you can't attend your son's state championship matches. Due to my daughter's job, a one-woman department trouble-shooter for a trucking logistics company, she has a hard time getting off work, too, for her kids' needs and functions, unless she can give several days advance notice. Luckily with her also being a single parent, I live close enough to her that I can fill in to take the kids to the doctor and/or take care of them when they're sick. No need to apologize for venting--I hope it helped.

Gotta go take my live-in GD to the grocery store. Will be back later.

Last edited by Mern; 04-21-2012 at 04:39 AM.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:31 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Nobe, nice job yesterday. Still not eating much protein due to being so busy? I'm experimenting with my protein level in grams. Although my blood tests show my protein level is just fine, my doc thinks I don't need the 120g to which I aspire. I want to see if dropping my goal to 100g slows down my weight loss. How did you arrive at 20% for your protein goal?
When I'm painting, I'm kind of dependent on other people for my food. The friend I'm painting with is really healthy so so she mostly gives me things like lentil soup and veggies, and then I come home and hubby's made some greasy mac and cheese or something. And I don't know how I'm doing until after dinner when it's kinda too late. If I'm at home, I can keep better track of my protein and if it's low I can just eat more. When I wasn't watching my protein, I seemed to be consistently around 17%, and I started reading here it should be 30%, so 20% is a baby step towards eating more protein.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:36 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by nobe
When I'm painting, I'm kind of dependent on other people for my food. The friend I'm painting with is really healthy so so she mostly gives me things like lentil soup and veggies, and then I come home and hubby's made some greasy mac and cheese or something. And I don't know how I'm doing until after dinner when it's kinda too late. If I'm at home, I can keep better track of my protein and if it's low I can just eat more. When I wasn't watching my protein, I seemed to be consistently around 17%, and I started reading here it should be 30%, so 20% is a baby step towards eating more protein.
nobe, I hate those days when I can't keep up the log till late in the day. Not as much time and calories left to make adjustments. As far as protein, different things work for different people, so take that "should be" with a grain of salt. Do some experimenting and find out what works best for you personally.

Tell me more about your painting...do you do it as side jobs, or is it your primary source of income? Are you a one-woman wonder, or do you work with other folks? It sounds like a fun but tiring way to spend your days!
Old 04-21-2012, 03:57 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
nobe, I hate those days when I can't keep up the log till late in the day. Not as much time and calories left to make adjustments. As far as protein, different things work for different people, so take that "should be" with a grain of salt. Do some experimenting and find out what works best for you personally.

Tell me more about your painting...do you do it as side jobs, or is it your primary source of income? Are you a one-woman wonder, or do you work with other folks? It sounds like a fun but tiring way to spend your days!
I'm actually just helping out a friend. She came into some money and has been redoing her house (new floors, new kitchen...). She's been bugging me for awhile to help her paint (paid), and when I quit my job last month it was the perfect time. She's got a three story townhouse, and I was thinking a week per floor (I'm only doing it Thursdays and Fridays), but with all the nooks and crannies it's taking longer (which is good for me! More money!). We've just made it up the first flight of stairs and primed the second floor hallway. There's wallpaper to be taken down in her bedroom, so that'll be good and tedious.

I'm really enjoying it, though. Partly because I'm hanging out, chatting with my friend while we're painting, and I'm making more money than I did at my last job, but I love jobs that have a purpose and you see an improvement at the end. And I get home and am so tired and it feels good to be tired from working hard. All day it's brushing, rolling, up and down stairs, up and down chairs, crawling around on the floor, reaching, bending...good exercise! I'm thinking about seeing if I could get a real job doing it when this is done, but I don't know how to find painting jobs - I've only ever worked retail before. I've got a few more weeks of this, though. She just added her bathroom and laundry room to the list yesterday.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:37 AM
FitDay Member

Glad to see Warriors checking in today!! Great job guys!!!

I waited too long for lunch and caved with KD with Makenna - BUT I portion controlled and followed with some yogurt, banana and water!!

I've got lots of energy today - SO EXCITED for tomorrow! We are having a motown day today! Gotta love me some Marvin Gaye, Temptations... In fact my wedding song is "Lets Get it On" by Marvin! OW OW - just a tid bit of useless info for you Warriors!

STAY STRONG!!!
Old 04-21-2012, 04:51 AM
FitDay Member

Nobe, thanks for the reply about your protein. I see now where you're coming from. I understand how difficult it is to achieve our goal numbers at times, especially when we're extra busy and have to rely on others to fetch or prepare our meals for us. Oh, a three story townhouse with a new kitchen and newly painted sounds glorious. Wonderful that you have time to help your friend and earn money at the same time. That would be great if you could find a regular job as a painter since you enjoy it, don't mind the hard work, and find it so satisfying.

OK, I'm off to fix a nick in our porcelain on steel bathtub. Hope it comes out OK--luckily, if it isn't professional looking, it'll be hidden under the tub mat anyway. I slept horrible again last night and again don't know why. May take a nap before I have to take my live-in GD to work late afternoon.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:58 AM
FitDay Member

Jho, great job on your lunch! I did well, too--microwaved a frozen soy protein burger that I found at the grocery store today and was surprised to find it not just edible, but delicious. It's Boca All American Classic Meatless Burger: 90 calories, 2g fat, only .5g saturated fat, under 5mg cholesterol, 350mg sodium, zero net carb at 6g total carbs and 6g fiber, 15g protein. Enjoy your Motown day!
Old 04-21-2012, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator

Making progress on reports, heading out with hubby now for a nice long walk. You warriors are doing great!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.