Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 4/16/12

Old 04-17-2012, 10:53 AM
FitDay Member

quick check in....it rained, couldn't walk. what's a bummed girl to do? sweet talk a free meal out of Deddy, that's what! now, do I go with the fish or chicken???? quite possibly the 14oz NY Strip w/ an added lobster tail!! nah....it'll be the chicken tonight.

will post update later
Old 04-17-2012, 11:01 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
My guess was "stupid sob who broke my heart." The others I can't really type out in a family forum
You guess right! The King of Acronyms didn't even get that one. And yeah, best leave them all initialed out, I don't want to scare people with knowledge of how colorful my language really is

Originally Posted by almeeker
How about Creepier/Nastier?
not mean enough

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
I hope one day you are able to get rid of that too. But this is probably not the best time for that.
that coping method will fade...again. now's just not the time.

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
GUESS WHO?!?!

Yes, I know I look like crap and need to shave.I rode the bike out there and I was hot and sweaty... so shuddit Tori!
what??? whadid I do and/or say??? nuthin that's what! so you shuddit

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Well, shoot...who wouldn't want sex on wheels?
hahahahaha when I first read this I somehow missed the "on wheels" part and was thinking WHOA!!!! What's got into Cassie today???? hahahahahahahah

Originally Posted by canary52
DB? errrr dumb bunny?
ummm....no
Old 04-17-2012, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012

what??? whadid I do and/or say??? nuthin that's what! so you shuddit
It's called a preemptive strike... it's how I roll!
Old 04-17-2012, 01:46 PM
FitDay Member

Not going to eat anything more tonight besides the chocolate I've already logged, so I'll do my numbers now. The flyer handing-out for my dad has officially kicked my butt - not because it's so tiring but because my feet are all blistered and when I walk it feels like there's razor blades in my shoes. Plus, I hate it, so it feels like an enormous task when it really isn't one. Back to painting on Thursday!

1) 1,650 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,650) - 1641, 1614
2) do 2 out of 3 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/Richard Simmons) - 2hrs walking (work), 1.5 hrs walking (work)/weights
3) 20% protein minimum - 24%, 26%
4) 72oz water minimum - 72oz, either 72oz or 88oz - lost track of how many bottles I had
5) calorie deficit 600+ - 679, 802
6) take vitamins - yes, yes
7) lights out by 11 the night before (except Sunday night because apparently I'm hooked on Celebrity Apprentice) - no, no
8) log all spending daily - no, no (will catch up tomorrow)
Old 04-17-2012, 03:34 PM
FitDay Member

Mike - hope you like them apples too - 100 oz today!!!.... I know tomorrow will not be good so I pushed hard today to drink as much as possible! I have to learn to drink more water when I'm out-n-about! Hubby thinks its crazy the way I chug back the water - I told him I was practicing for a girls night out!

Fitday does not have BOK CHOY.... maybe i'm spelling it wrong hahaha - it was good - added red onion, carrots and garlic - sauteed them all together! It was better than I expected!

Man that was a long day! Its a love/hate relationship I have with all this energy! I need to go to bed but I'm wired! Got my first Bonus workout in for the week! YAY!!
Old 04-17-2012, 03:43 PM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness
1: keep calories under 1600--1282, 1484
2: 48 oz water daily--58.7, maybe 16 oz
3: walk 10 miles--1.5, nope it rained poodles and persians
4: log everything--Y, Y
5: post weight daily--193.0 , 192.4

Other
I was suckered into Mike's 2% Challenge--which would be 3.86 lbs....we'll see....I'm going to do my damndest though

Today sucked. I somehow managed to squeak through on calories, but the rest of the day was a bust. Work sucked major patootie, and I even had a customer piss me off to high heavens. I was saying things that rarely come out of my mouth. I had one of those stupid tuna and cracker kits for lunch because I didn't have time to stop for a proper one, and it just didn't do the trick. About 2 hours later I found myself mindlessly munching on animal cookies. When I realized what I as doing I figured I had eaten a good 2 dozen of them. I hate working grocery on days like this. I sweet talked supper out of my dad, but was kind enough to leave the tip. Still, I could have come out better had I cooked at home. I just didn't have the energy. I need to start doing more of it again though, my savings have taken a beating the past couple of months. My spending has been out of hand, and I know it's been nothing more than me trying to make myself feel better since CN left (I still haven't settled on another acronym, so I'll stick with what we know for now). I've done better lately with not spending, I didn't even buy Jasmine a birthday present yesterday. Poor deprived little kitty!!!! She's probably thanking her maker though, cause I usually get her something she hates. Like fairy wings for Halloween and T-Shirts that she hates. But she looked oh so adorable in both!! I have the itch to go shopping tomorrow, but know I don't need to. There's nothing that I actually need, just a lot of things that I don't know I want yet. I'm hungry but not sure if I want to get out of bed to find something. Which means I'll wake up at like 3, starving and eating something I shouldn't. There's just nothing in this house that passes as a "good snack". Maybe a pickle or two, but I always have nightmares if I eat pickles too late at night. It's weird, but I've never been one to be known as "normal". K....going to find something to put into my belly. Night all!
Old 04-17-2012, 03:45 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Jho82
Fitday does not have BOK CHOY.... maybe i'm spelling it wrong hahaha
I've found they're missing a lot of "ethnic" foods. No tzatziki? What? But bok choy is probably pretty close to the calories of water, so it's probably not a big deal
Old 04-17-2012, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator

Check in:

1. Calories 1300 or fewer. 1241, 1187
2. Exercise 8 hours. .5, 1.5
3. Drink at least 2 big sports bottles water per day. Yes, Yes
4. Sleep at least 7 hours per night. Nope, Nope
5. Follow my pie chart rules. Fair, Good
6. Log everything and check in daily. Yes, Yes
7. Take all vitamins and supplements. Forgot calcium, Yes

8. Log remits and billing. Done!
9. Back up hard drive. Done!
10. Clean out emails. Started
Long Range Goal: Hike the entire KEMO trail system in one day Debating about doing a trial run of half this wkd?

I had a productive day getting caught up on work tasks here at home, as well as errands and other home stuff. Working at home means that sometimes you can do things without pants, plus it has other benefits, too . Tennis match was postponed due to rain, so we had time for a good, healthy family dinner to boot. I have one more task tonight, an emotional one, but in a good way (I hope), and then I'm hitting the hay.

Wishes for a restful night to all, and may tomorrow be good to you.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:55 PM
FitDay Member

Today I started a new routine
the first thing I am doing in the morning is
5 Tibetans...
then breakfast
Stationary bike
and last Jillian
Old 04-17-2012, 11:55 PM
FitDay Member

Oh, I am soooooooo far behind with my pals here. I'm on track foodwise (sans logging, though) but not on track with exercise. I will go to the gym today. Had my teeth cleaned yesterday so that sort of put me in the mood for a fresh start on everything about taking better care of myself. Yeah, same old story, but maybe one day my fresh outlook will stick.

To my 10 year old granddaughter's supporters. Thanks for your kind words. It's nice to be able to confide in the group and know they understand that my granddaughter's mistake kicking that boy does not indicate that she's a bully. She wasn't reared to control others with violence and this was very out of character for her. We are trying to keep her life as normal as possible while awaiting word from the juvenile court system. Meantime, when the subject does come up, we convey to her our opinion that it's sad she made a poor choice of how to handle her frustration because although in most cases the authorities (i.e. parents, the school system, the legal system) are fair, sometimes the consequences levied by those in authority are harder on the more innocent of the two parties. And that's exactly why we've always told the kids that unless their safety is immediately endangered and they have to protect themselves, it's best to either walk away from that person or situation, and/or, if needed, seek the help of an adult to handle a situation that has gotten out of control.

Jeanne, congrats on the walk and on making the Greek yogurt.

Hope, I was the "mean mother" in my daughter's eyes from the time she was about six years old. And now we are really good friends and she has the same values and rules with her own kids that she rebelled against as a child and teenager. I met just two days ago my 15 year old daughter's boyfriend of just a couple months. He and my granddaughter were complaining his mother was so "lame" for insisting they have continual adult supervision while at my house--that I am not to leave them home alone while transporting other grandkids here and there. I just added my one sentence two cents worth: I smiled and said, "You're so lucky you have parents who love you so much that they have rules like that."

Mike, my family was so lucky to have hospice in our corner when my sister died in 2005. She actually had a beautiful, peaceful death. Her whole family was there--husband, all her kids and grandkids, and two of her three siblings were in the room as she passed--the hospice minister leading us in prayer as we sent her off to Heaven and she was praying aloud with us for as long as she could. It was like something out of a movie... Hospice brought our family so much peace.

I gotta go make breakfast for the grandkids. Will attempt more catch-up with our group ASAP after exercise this morning.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.