Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 4/16/12

Old 04-16-2012, 04:29 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Monday Stats

Health & Wellness Goals
1. Calories under 1000 - M:854
B: 1 cup yogurt, 1/2 blueberries; L: 1 cup cottage cheese, 4 strawberries; Snack - Protein bar;
D: Salmon pattie, 1 cup mixed veges (from frozen)
2. Walk / exercise everyday - M:Y
3. Drink 150 oz of water /tea every day - M:120
4. Meals at regular time - M:Y
5. To bed by 11 pm

Other Goals
1. Set up fabric shelf
2. Finish quilt project for Saturday's group
3. Dishes everyday - M:Y
4. Complete 1 overdue job at work this week
5. Put in 5 hours on 2010 data entry for taxes

Good day today. Went for a 1 hour walk despite the wind. Sunday I made greek yogurt from scratch. Today I tried it. I was impressed how well it turned out and how much I liked it better than store bought. Just might have to make some more this week.

Off to finish up a bit of paperwork before 11pm (bedtime)

Have a great Tuesday everyone!
Old 04-16-2012, 06:37 PM
FitDay Member

Mern. Just my tuppence worth on the punishment debate - I Do Not Believe It. All kids get into rows with each other and usually it is two sided, and sometimes it gets a bit rough but getting the police in is crazy. This is only warranted if the child is constantly bullying other kids and really hurting them and then only after other avenues have been explored. I would never have been so cruel as to expose a 10 year old child to the court system, that mum sucks.

Tori. God to hear you getting out there, hope those bunnies came a hopping last night.

Terrie. Great loss, hope I can match it soon.

Hope. We have all been the "worst most unreasonable" Mums in the world because we are trying to protect our kids. I know there was a instance when I though my mum and dad were horrible at not letting me go to an all night concert when I was only 14, I snuck out of the house when they were asleep, went to the concert with a friend of the same age, almost got into a very scary situation with older boys and went home scared and even the I realised that my parents had been right that time, never told them though!

Mern. Palma is the capital of Majorca, an island just off Spain, I am having a long weekend there with my Mum for her birthday on 1st May. My sis, BIL will be there too and my BF is flying in to be with us as well, can't wait. Weather there looks pretty good at the moment, oh for some sun and heat.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:12 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec

2. Balance checkbook... why do I hate this SO much??
I do not know why you hate it, but rest assured, you are not alone.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:32 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Amy, there you are! I thought you got stuck in a rabbit cage! Welcome back. Baby steps are so smart.
LOL, funny you should say that, yesterday I spent a couple of hours painting rabbit cages, and in spite of bathing I still have the odd paint smear, mostly places I can't quite see. The back of my neck apparently has a couple where I bumped it when trying to untangle myself from the inside of the cage.

On the grand daughter v the law issue... When I was in 4th grade we moved and I got to be "the new kid at school". It was a huge adjustment for me, we came from suburbia and moved to hillbilly central. Anyway, from day one I was bullied on the playground by this bruiser. What he did not know is that no Army Captain is going to send his daughter to school without a little street fight savvy. At one point the bully tried to pinch my (nonexistant) chest and instead of copping a feel, he ended up with a swiftly delivered tennis shoe in his junk. Technically, he didn't touch me and he was the one crying, so of course I got in trouble. This was years before sexual harassment and bullying laws. The recess teacher pulled the two of us together and she let him stomp on my foot, then we had to shake hands and apologize to each other. He never bullied me again, and neither did any of the other boys.

Last edited by almeeker; 04-17-2012 at 02:19 AM.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:55 PM
FitDay Member

First day of jillian level 3 and I'm dead!
Old 04-17-2012, 12:02 AM
FitDay Member

1) what else? water, 6 glasses of it minimum: 9
2) calories 1650 of em maximum: 1345
3) stretch stretch strech: yup
4) sleep, may be my hardest goal of all: ? I hope!!! Unfortunately N on this one
5) try not to worry and obsess, NO this one is the hardest: Y

Mike, I did kill on the water, didn't I? I like crawfish and crab, just don't know how to cook `em. But hospice is amazing, has helped so many people I know that I would be willing to learn.

I didn't kill on the sleep tho. Even with Benadryl for my allergries, my sleep was bad.

I am also adding two new goals for this week.

6) avoid tomatoes
7) avoid dairy

I am allergic or at least intolerant to these foods. But that has not stoppped me from eating them like crazy (meatball sub, anyone?) I can eat a little but I have gone waaaaaaay past that point to the point of not being able to breathe well. Time to maybe stop that? I think so. I would ask DH to help but he will wind up just being a PITA so I turn to you good folks at FD.

BTW Tori I don't know if it has to be bunnies and kitties in your dreams but hey whatever floats your boat, mama. BTW are CN intitials for a name or does it mean something else?

Last edited by canary52; 04-17-2012 at 12:12 AM.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:03 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning Everybody!! What a beautiful day in the Neighbourhood!! The wind has died down (only one tree down) and the sun is shining! It looks so peaceful outside right now! I will be sure to get the munchkins out to play today! AND today is day 2 of waking up before them…still slept thru my alarm a little bit but managed to be out of bed and drinking my coffee/lemon-water before the craziness of the day begins!!!! So excited I got a wicked workout in last night! I’m feeling motivated and pumped today!!

My baked stuffed spaghetti squash was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously so good! I think we are having it again tonight because we need to use my leftover veggie pasta sauce! Hubby didn’t even know that there was no meat in the meal last night – he is an amazing cook too so if he is saying good things than it really must have been good!

Anybody know anything about Bok Choy? We have some but have no idea what to do with it….GOOGLE!

Health/Fitness
1. Drink min 80oz of WATER!! Y,
2. Wake up early before my monsters wake up! (seriously)!! Y, Y
3. PM workout Mon/Wed/Fri(at least)!! Y:42m
4. Min 60 crunches/day! Y,
5. 5 Pushups (straight leg)/ 10 pushups (knees)! Y,
6. Calories below 1300/day! M:1071
7. Don't crash and burn on the weekend! WEEKEND WARRIORS UNITE!!!

Family/Lifestyle
1. Take kids outside OR work on crafts min 1 hr/day (specified time: 10:30am)!! N, (today for sure!)
2. Encourage hubby to workout! N,
3. Work on Mom's Scrapbook 1hr/day! N,...

Hope – I never imagined in a million years that I would be drinking as much water as I am right now…..I think of it this way: Water to your body is like fuel to a fire! I just repeat this in my head all day long! RAK it up girl!

Mern – this week IS going to be a great week! I can tell! My spaghetti sqash was amazing (see above!)

Jeanne – No leftovers!! But good to know for the future! I love making big batches of food and freezing it! Makes life so much easier! Nice green on your Monday report!!

Mike – you ain’t gonna drop any weight by not eating and not working out!!! On the contrary my friend! GET ON THAT!

Lizzie – OMG just looking at your stats – you are soooooo close to that goal! I think you may surpass it! AWESOME! Go go go go go!

Amy – LOL the teacher let him stomp on your foot?! What?!
Old 04-17-2012, 12:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Tunnrida
First day of jillian level 3 and I'm dead!
NO PAIN NO GAIN!! You are doing awesome!
Old 04-17-2012, 12:15 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
LOL, funny you should say that, yesterday I spent a couple of hours painting rabbit cages, and in spite of bathing I still have the odd paint smear, mostly places I can't quite see. The back of my neck apparently has a couple where I bumped it when trying to untangle myself from the inside of the cage.

On the grand daughter v the law issue... When I was in 4th grade we moved and I got to be "the new kid at school". It was a huge adjustment for me, we came from suburbia and moved to hillbilly central. Anyway, from day one I was bullied on the playground by this bruiser. What he did not know is that no Army Captain is going to send his daughter to school without a little street fight savvy. At one point the bully tried to pinch my (nonexistant) chest and instead of copping a feel, he ended up with a swiftly delivered tennis shoe in his junk. Technically, didn't touch me and he was the one crying, so of course I got in trouble. This was years before sexual harassment and bullying laws. The recess teacher pulled the two of us together and she let him stomp on my foot, then we had to shake hands and apologize to each other. He never bullied me again, and neither did any of the other boys.
Wait wait wait, she let him stomp on your foot? Seriously?

I have no doubt you can defend yourself against all comers but... she let him stomp on your foot? Really?
Old 04-17-2012, 12:19 AM
FitDay Member

Lizzie, I know DD wants limits; it's just written in her teenage contract that she has to fight me. Sometimes I wimp out but I'm putting the gloves on for this one. Or maybe I can just stomp on her foot. I'm sorry but WTF Amy? Still can't get over that one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.