Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 4/16/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 4/16/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 4/16/12

Old 04-19-2012, 03:12 AM
FitDay Member

Yesterday's numbers:

1) 1,650 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,650) - 1641, 1614, 1569
2) do 2 out of 3 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/Richard Simmons) - 2hrs walking (work), 1.5 hrs walking (work)/weights, 1.5 hrs (kinda slow) walking/weights
3) 20% protein minimum - 24%, 26%, 19%
4) 72oz water minimum - 72oz, either 72oz or 88oz - lost track of how many bottles I had, 64oz
5) calorie deficit 600+ - 679, 802, 741
6) take vitamins - yes, yes, yes
7) lights out by 11 the night before (except Sunday night because apparently I'm hooked on Celebrity Apprentice) - no, no, no
8) log all spending daily - no, no (will catch up tomorrow), no

Off to paint for the next two days!
Old 04-19-2012, 04:45 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness Goals ...
1. 100 oz water daily M: 102oz, T: 114oz, W: 128oz,
2. No added salt M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
3. No snacks after 8pm except 2 sugar free popsicles (my addiction) M: No, T: No, W: Yep,
4. Walk on lunches unless raining M: Yep, T: Yes, W: Yes,
5. Shred 3 days this week (will finish the course) M: No, T: No, W: Yes!, Th: Yep!,
6. Weigh and post daily M: 256.6lbs, T: 254.4lbs, W: 254.4lbs, Th: 253.6lbs, Change this week so far: -3.0lbs

Life Goals ...
1. Clean out fish bowl in office M: No, T: No, W: No,
2. Clip dog's nails M: Done!!
3. Get out flower pots M: No, T: No, W: No.....I have changed my mind on this one. My roofers bumped our project up to next week instead of next month so I will not be getting them out and in their way. This will be after the roof is done
4. Read something! M: No, T: about 15mins but I'm counting it!, W: another 15 mins,

Down 3.0lbs so far this week! I hope I can hold it for tomorrow's weigh in at work since their scale is different than mine and showed a 2.0lb gain last Friday. Having pizza tonight but I have prelogged my 2 slices and salad. All should be good within the world unless I lose my senses and eat more later cold. I just have to think of a good snack to have instead of the leftover pizza.

I had to cancel out the flower pots goal. I explained above the reason why.

Hope I can get back on here after lunch and catch up on the posts and respond.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:58 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by frenchhen3
Can I hop in your thread?

Health Goals this week
walk 5 days M, T,
Water aerobics 1 day Y
Water walking 1 hour Y
64 oz water minimum per day

Personal Goals
Get guest room "guest ready"
Frame needlework
Quilt 2 hours before Saturday
Wash dogs
Trim Dog nails
Jump on in. We have an empty spot on the wagon.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:59 AM
FitDay Member

Kept my promise and exercised before lunch.

Frenchhen, welcome--glad you joined us. Congrats on those 42 lbs. lost so far! Wow, you really work at your exercise. I just walk--either on the treadmill or aerobic walking to a DVD 5 days a week. Best wishes on all your goals.

Nobe, great food and water numbers yesterday. I hope you can make it to bed earlier tonight. Happy painting!

April, great job on your health and fitness goals yesterday. I see the weight still melting away due to all your hard work. Congratulations. My doctor's scale is consistently a full four pounds lower than mine and that's dressed in slacks, shirt, underwear and socks and later in the day. I haven't weighed at all this week, hoping to see I've lost a little since last weekend. I go by my own scale for FitDay purposes, though. Kudos on pre-logging your pizza and salad. Yeah, good idea to try to plan ahead for a good snack instead of cold pizza later.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:56 AM
Super Moderator

Hi everyone

Not sure if ya'll have missed me, but I have missed you every day. The month of April has been completely hectic for me, jumping around on planes around the country for interviews. Things happened really quickly - starting on the 9th and right through the 18th (yesterday) I went to Iowa, Indiana, and Virginia with a day or so back in Florida in-between teaching classes. It doesn't seem like much, but I feel like it's been a month already. I have one more interview the 26th through 28th.

The good news is that I currently have 2 offers on the table (FINALLY!). The bad news is that I am still not certain about a decision and I have more potential offers to go!!! I still need to think about the last 2 interviews; I hope one or the other decides to offer. The one in Indiana I just returning from just really loved for a lot of reasons; the last one I haven't been to yet so I need to see how that goes. One of the offers on the table is at a wonderful place that I enjoyed, but it's only for a year, and I'd need to start re-applying to jobs pretty much the moment I started, which is disheartening (The academic job-application process can take months).

I am feeling exhausted and I am also feeling a little chubby. Traveling and spending time in airports (through delays, malfunctioning seats and mechanical issues) doesn't often afford the opportunity to make good choices. I did the best I could and tried to avoid fried food, soda, etc. but I'm not going to step on the scale until perhaps next Monday just to check in with my body. I feel like I've gained something between 3-5 lbs. but it's impossible to tell. Between all the stress and weird sleeping I'm sure my metabolism is entirely jacked, and I haven't worked out in two weeks.

I'm still tired after my past marathon week (April 9-11th in Iowa, return to FL Thursday 12th to give a class and an exam prep, left 5:40am Friday 4/13-4/14 in VA, Back on the 15th to FL to sleep, then out again Monday 16th-17th to Indiana and got in at 1:30am Wednesday 18th morning) so my brain is loopy.

Big hugs to those that are struggling either with diet or personal issues, and a big computer-chair-dance to those that are doing well! I'll try to check in a couple of more times before I re-join the group when all is said in done in this crazy month!!

Love,
~Terri
Old 04-19-2012, 07:19 AM
Super Moderator

Terri, I missed you a bunch and I'm glad to see you back!! It's been such a busy time for you and I'm happy that you took a minute to check in and update. We've been thinking about you!

So glad the news is good on the job front. Decisions are hard, but it's much better to have too many options than too few. I know you'll end up with the position that's just right for you. You have great analytical skills and you'll make the right choice considering all the factors involved. Good luck, and keep us posted when you can.

Had lunch out again today as planned...Italian, but it was at a tried and true restaurant that has a "go-to" safety meal, which I ordered, along with salad (unlimited) and left the bread on the table. I'm headed out in an hour to another tennis match (hopefully not high drama but the potential is there) and will eat out with family after. Again, it's my pick, so I'm planning on Panera for soup and salad.

We are a horrible family when we're hungry. None of us wants to make the decision when it's time to eat out and we all fell into the habit of saying, "Oh, you pick, I can go anywhere." And then we never choose a place. So after a fiasco with this last Friday (during which the guys went for wings and I had a huge bowl of popcorn ), we have instituted a policy of rotating the restaurant picks, and for the others, "You git what you git and you don't throw a fit!"
Old 04-19-2012, 08:39 AM
FitDay Member

Default Wednesday--better late than never

Health/Fitness
1: keep calories under 1600--1282, 1484, 1072
2: 48 oz water daily--58.7, maybe 16 oz, 33.8
3: walk 10 miles--1.5, nope it rained poodles and persians, still raining
4: log everything--Y, Y, Y
5: post weight daily--193.0 , 192.4, 191.0

Other
I was suckered into Mike's 2% Challenge--which would be 3.86 lbs....we'll see....I'm going to do my damndest though

Sorry I haven't had time to read and catch up with everyone. Before long I'll be back to my nonstop chatty self. I wound up coming home from work about 1-1 1/2 hours early. Well, my first stop was the doctor's office. Temp of 100.1* and some nice drainage and blisters in the throat. Yay for strep throat!! I get the day off work tomorrow though, so I guess I'll take the positive out of it. I'm debating on whether or not to eat left over meatloaf and mashed taters for supper or a bowl of soup. I need for the meatloaf to be gone, so it wasn't wasted. Just not sure I can do it with the nice scratchy hurting throat. HMMMMMMM, what to do ? Gonna go grab my favorite ugly blanket and curl up on the couch. Catch up with y'all later.

April--I saw your post about the nasty customer, and the nice one. Sadly I never get to see or hear from the nice ones. My store is in a very affluent neighborhood, so our customers just expect the best at all times. Our company has this thing where you can call a survey about your shopping experience, and it never fails that if one very small thing goes wrong then the customers jump on the chance to call in and belittle us. But if we go out of our way at accomidate customers we get NO feedback. But that's just life at our store.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Terri, I missed you a bunch and I'm glad to see you back!! It's been such a busy time for you and I'm happy that you took a minute to check in and update. We've been thinking about you!

So glad the news is good on the job front. Decisions are hard, but it's much better to have too many options than too few. I know you'll end up with the position that's just right for you. You have great analytical skills and you'll make the right choice considering all the factors involved. Good luck, and keep us posted when you can.

Had lunch out again today as planned...Italian, but it was at a tried and true restaurant that has a "go-to" safety meal, which I ordered, along with salad (unlimited) and left the bread on the table. I'm headed out in an hour to another tennis match (hopefully not high drama but the potential is there) and will eat out with family after. Again, it's my pick, so I'm planning on Panera for soup and salad.

We are a horrible family when we're hungry. None of us wants to make the decision when it's time to eat out and we all fell into the habit of saying, "Oh, you pick, I can go anywhere." And then we never choose a place. So after a fiasco with this last Friday (during which the guys went for wings and I had a huge bowl of popcorn ), we have instituted a policy of rotating the restaurant picks, and for the others, "You git what you git and you don't throw a fit!"
Thanks Cassie I'd certainly rather have a glut of options. I think I sort of know where my brain is at in terms of "I like this one more than that one" and I also know that any decision I make is going to have surprises and unintended consequences. The choice matters for BF too - I've asked him to look at all these places and potential job prospects for him, which could affect the choice as well. We'll just see! I'm hoping that by the end of April I can make a choice, be happy and satisfied with it, and move on.

I totally relate about being terrible when hungry and needing to go out. Both BF and I are like "Meh, I don't know." Then when the other suggests something, we'll both just kind of shrug, or the other will go "Nah, I don't really feel like that." Maybe we should institute a "you get what you get!" law, lol!

Tori: Ugh, strep throat! I hope you feel better soon girl! On meatloaf: Sometimes I will mash it up and treat it kinda like ground beef and make a sub out of it. You could even dip it in soup - I dip sandwiches in soup all the time to make 'em mushy. You know what's best for you, though!
Old 04-19-2012, 10:10 AM
FitDay Member

Default Nutrition facts Bok Choy aka Pak Choi or Chinese Cabbage

Bought some today. It took me a while but I finally found the nutrition facts online for raw Bok Choy aka Pak Choi. The USDA database is redone and I haven't yet figured out how to use it, but this one worked well:

Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Cabbage, chinese (pak-choi), raw

Last edited by Mern; 04-19-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:39 AM
FitDay Member

Terri, hi! I sure did miss you. No wonder you haven't had time to post, as busy as you've been teaching, traveling and interviewing! Great that you have offers but still have other interviews. Wishing you and BF a wonderful new life when you relocate. I can't wait to hear where you're gonna wind up. Huge hug to ya!

Tori, get well soon! I hope your meatloaf and taters and/or soup slides down easily. If I had strep throat I'd be chasing it with ice cream, calories be danged! Huge hug to you, too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.