Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 4/16/12

Old 04-18-2012, 09:20 AM
FitDay Member

Quick check in with yesterdays stats. This is the first chance I've had today to pop on my computer. Took my 3 youngest on a field trip to a living history farm this morning to see the baby animals (in the rain) but they had a good time.

14yo has such a sweet tooth. She made chocolate no bake cookies yesterday and I gave in and had a couple yesterday and today, but at least still kept a calorie deficit.

April-Way to go! That is such an achievement. I love to see progress pictures.

Health Goals:
1- Exercise 5 days M: Y, T: Y
2- Drink 80 oz water daily M: Y, T: Y
3- Keep a minimum 600 calorie daily deficit M: Y 789, T: Y 891
4- Get 7 hours of sleep each night M:N, T: Y
5- Practice clogging dance 3 times this week. M: N, T: Y

Personal:
1- Do a spring cleaning/organizing project this week. M:Y, T:N
2- Read a book 3 times this week. M:Y, T:Y
3- Help daughter with violin practice. M: Y, T:N
Old 04-18-2012, 10:30 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Well, shoot...who wouldn't want sex on wheels?
Lizzie, the above is what CASSIE said. How come SHE'S allowed to talk like that? LOL I was just talking about a SONG called "Ride, Sally, Ride." You did a fabulous job eating out unexpectedly, especially in view of being outvoted. Also congrats on limiting yourself to just one small glass of white wine. Well done!

Mike you're gonna get in trouble with Quinn, too: "I'm sure she'll forget before too long."

Terrie, I'll bet your kids had great fun with the animals. My 10 year old granddaughter and almost 8 year old grandson both still talk about fun times on school field trips to see and pet baby animals on farms and at petting zoos. My granddaughter loved best being allowed to milk a goat. Congrats on limiting yourself to just two of the chocolate no-bake cookies. Great job on your Tuesday goals!

I may be a little over on carbs today, but my fairly valid reason is that I was experimenting with half a day of lacto-ovo-pesco/pesce/pesca-vegetarian (dairy, egg, and fish allowed) and didn't get in enough protein so am supplementing with protein shakes even though I've reached my goal limit on carbs. I need dairy for calcium, want my zero cholesterol egg substitute for an added protein source, and need the fish and fish oil for omega-3 to help reduce my high cholesterol and triglycerides. I'm thinking if I'm able to reduce saturated fat, I may also be able to drop my protein goal down to 100g starting tomorrow, more in line with what my doc wants, and still achieve a pie chart I'm happy with. We shall see.

Last edited by Mern; 04-18-2012 at 11:30 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:48 AM
FitDay Member

Luv and Terri Taubele, are you here?
Old 04-18-2012, 01:57 PM
FitDay Member

Goals Wednesday through Sunday

Blue is not yet a missed goal if I'm going for an average

Calories maximum 1500 1156
Cholesterol under 300mg 130mg
Saturated fat maximum 12% of total calories 12%
Net Carbs (total carbs less fiber) 25g maximum 26.7g
Fiber average 25g 29g
Protein average 100g 98g

Exercise 4 days YES
Water 64 oz. YES
Old 04-18-2012, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator

lol, way to throw me under the bus, Mern! Kidding, of course.

Just wanted to pop in and say I'm not posting today. Due to two unexpected events, I had Mexican for lunch and Mexican for dinner. I feel I made good choices, but there is no way I can figure out the calorie information without spending too much time I don't have, so I'll pass on the logging of that tonight.

Tomorrow will be a full day as well, two meals out again, but this time I'm picking both restaurants so I can go with tried and true where I know my calorie counts.

Great job, April; keep going strong!
Old 04-18-2012, 02:35 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie, LOL on my throwing you under the bus. Both Monday and Tuesday I was just too busy to go back and try to figure my food log.. But isn't it nice to know we do have lives outside of FitDay? Best wishes on your eating out twice again tomorrow, familiar restaurants being in your favor.

I'm going to bed early tonight. Will catch you all tomorrow.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:22 PM
FitDay Premium Member

I joined the crowd of eating out the majority of the day, thus I did not meet my calories goal Dinner at Outback Steakhouse. Had the Mahi w/ veggies and only ate half and brought the rest home. I'm glad that most major restaurants have nutritional values listed on their website because I could update it appropriately and not wonder if I really screwed up or not. On the run most of the day and not home until almost 8:30 tonite. Still have work to do, but I did get a walk in after I unloaded my vehicle, fed the cats, etc. Clear night sky with lots of stars out. Enjoyed my walk immensely and I was considering skipping it. Glad I didn't!

Health & Wellness Goals
1. Calories under 1000 - W: 1229 - (lunch was the bad boy)
2. Walk / exercise everyday - M:50 min, T:45 min, W: 30 min
3. Drink 150 oz of water /tea every day - M:120, T:144, W:140
4. Meals at regular time - M:Y, T:N Skipped Bfast), W: Y
5. To bed by 11 pm - M:Y, T:N (11:30)W:

Other Goals
1. Set up fabric shelf
2. Finish quilt project for Saturday's group
3. Dishes everyday - M:Y, T:Y, W:Y
4. Complete 1 overdue job at work this week
5. Put in 5 hours on 2010 data entry for taxes

Mern - WAY TO GO! Workout at the gym!!! I consume a lot of water and tea naturally and so I am just wanting to push myself to drink even more. My friends all tease me because I will drink 4-5 glasses of water during meals. I always have a full 32 oz Nalgene bottle handy that gets filled at least once thru the day. And I then drink a pot or two of hot green or white tea in the evening to relax by. And yes, I do live the big skies of Montana in a small town just north of Yellowstone NP. Love it here!

Mern & Mike - I get going on a roll during the day and will forget to eat and then it is late in the day and I am tired so I tend to go out to eat. Two bads for me by not making it a point to eat - so I have set myself a goal of eating like normal people do. And it doesn't help living alone.

April - Looking Good!

Lizzie - Great job on keeping the food intake in check eating out for dinner tonite.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:34 PM
FitDay Member

Just checking in before work, straight off out this evening with my skinny friend who eats like a horse and a lot of it is rubbish but she is fairly active and she uses up a lot in nervous energy too, I'll just call her SF for now. I think I will suggest a tapas bar and then I can choose chicken and other reasonable little bites, we always get wedges as well but I can let her eat most of these. I also intend to get my walk in at lunchtime.
See you later, have a great day.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:54 PM
FitDay Member

On mayoclinic.com I found the diet I'm considering to try to get my cholesterol and triglycerides in the normal range with diet, fish oil, and no medication is more properly called pesco-vegetarian — allows plant-based foods, milk, dairy products, eggs, fish. But I will be eating egg substitute like EggBeaters and comparable store brands rather than whole eggs. Milk is too high carb for me, but I do eat all other dairy and get plenty of calcium. My second reason for trying pesco-vegetarian is to see if dietary cholesterol and saturated fat intake really have such an impact on the cholesterol my body makes. I have a lot to learn about this way of eating. I do know how to get in plenty of protein without meat or foul, so that's a huge step in the right direction.

Lizzie, enjoy that walk. I've never eaten at a tapas bar but would like to try it sometime. I hope SF goes for that idea. Wishing you a great day, too.

Jeanne, great job eating out--I love Mahi! It's wonderful that you so enjoyed your walk. My workout at the gym is just treadmill for now. I have done the senior citizen strength training and range of motion classes there at times. (I highly recommend that for seniors.) Wow, living in a small town under the big skies of Montana sounds so good to me. I guess your body is used to all that water. I have a hard time handling 64 oz. without waking four or five times during the night for a trip to the bathroom. I totally understand--when I was single and lived alone, I didn't eat the way normal people do, either.

Last edited by Mern; 04-19-2012 at 12:02 AM.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:22 AM
FitDay Member

Can I hop in your thread?

Health Goals this week
walk 5 days M, T,
Water aerobics 1 day Y
Water walking 1 hour Y
64 oz water minimum per day

Personal Goals
Get guest room "guest ready"
Frame needlework
Quilt 2 hours before Saturday
Wash dogs
Trim Dog nails

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.