Notices

20 pounds

Old 03-26-2010, 04:05 PM
FitDay Member

Wink 20 pounds

Hi everyone!
I'm new here but I'm not new to healthy eating and exercise. I'm trying to form a group of people who don't follow any brand diet but just eat fruits, veggies, whole grain, and protein for balanced nutrition, and keep up with moderate exercise at least 4 times a week.
I weighed 173 some months ago and decided to change my lifestyle when I moved back to Florida. I signed up for YMCA and controlled my food portions. After several months I dropped to 150 lbs! I was very proud.
Then I fell off the wagon for a while. But I'm not going to feel bad. Instead, I will get back on the wagon. Starting today. Today I weigh 152.4 lbs. My goal is to get to 132 lbs or so by June. I'd have to shed 2 lbs per week, which will require discipline. I know it'll be hard but I'll do my best, keeping in mind my fabulous end result!
Old 03-27-2010, 08:44 AM
FitDay Member

Hi! I live in Florida and I weighed 173 pounds at the start too!, I hope to get down to 155 by end of April..right now I'm sitting at about 159, but when I weigh myself after eating it's like 160.
Anyway, I hope you meet your goal. My ultimate goal is to be 135-140. Depends whether I'm pleased with myself at 140 or not.

I hope you make your goal and maintain it. And I'm sure you will.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:51 AM
FitDay Member

Wink

Hey :-)
Thank you for encouragement! I encourage you to reach your goal too.
Do you have any clear plans how to get where you want to get?
I'm going to the gym most days of the week, and eating healthy. I have a deadline, so I can't just sit back and relax. I would excuse some set backs, which are normal, but not right now. I have no time. The calculations said I have to lose 1.88 lbs per week and I'm trying hard. I also realize that since I'm doing muscle training along with cardio, my weight might not be going down so fast. Like you said, if you like yourself at 140, you might as well stay there, right? So, If I like myself at 136 or 137, for example, then I don't have to reach 130-132.
This site offers you a lot of necessary details. What measures are you taking right now?

YOUR SACRED TEMPLE
Old 03-30-2010, 03:05 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in your boat too. 163-4... wanting to lose 20 pounds by eating right, not following a structured diet plan and exercising 4-5 times a week. My body wants to be 163... I've been fighting to get past this weight for a while now. finally I am cutting out sugar, we'll see if that helps.

Amy