Notices

Confession

Old 03-21-2010, 11:08 AM
FitDay Member

Default Confession

This is hard for me to do - but I figure if I told the group of people here at FitDay that I would be holding myself accountable to myself. Anyway, I was doing good for about two weeks and while I was feeling better, I saw little results and drifted back into my funk. Needless to say I've fallen off the wagon when it comes to watching my diet and exercising.

I feel like such a loser, I mean it's not that hard to exercise and watch what you eat. But yet I find it hard to resist the fast food drive thru and just sitting around watching tv. But I know I have to stop this insanity - I cannot stay at this weight as I can tell it's taking its toll on my body. So I confess to everyone here my shortcoming and make a vow to myself to start back on track tomorrow. Thanks for "listening"
Old 03-21-2010, 11:16 AM
FitDay Member

I don't know that you've fallen off the wagon, it takes at least 3 weeks to change a bad habit, and as far as I can tell it takes even longer than that to form a good one. Buck up little trooper, all is not lost.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:41 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the comment. I really didn't think of how long it takes to change a bad habit, thanks for that. I just have to push forward and not get all depressed about my screw up and all the regrets...
Old 03-21-2010, 12:13 PM
FitDay Member

Finallyfree: Please don't be too hard on yourself. We all know what it feels like when old habits make a repeat performance. I found it very helpful to be accountable here on the forums. I read them daily because I need daily reinforcement on keeping my good habits and not letting the old ones crowd back in. So I'm glad you posted and hope you keep at it. There are many people here that want to give and receive support and see each other succeed.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:18 PM
FitDay Member

Finallyfree- You came to a good spot to let it out. There is a lot of support here.
You are not a loser. We all go through starting to make changes and end up with some backsliding, and I think it IS hard to make sure you exercise and eat right. I have an almost daily argument with myself about what to eat or not to.It's usually in my head, so that my family doesn't think I'm crazy.
I try to ask myself how much I want to see that next number on the scale or be able to workout to the next level, and determine if that particular food is worth it in the long run. I have found logging in my food so helpful, and there are so many here who understand what you are feeling, and can offer support.Tomorrow is a new day, and you will be right back on track!
Old 03-22-2010, 06:14 AM
FitDay Member

Yeah, I know how you feel. Between the tragedy at my husband's work, and me and the kids being sick, I lost 25 hrs of activity being off work, ate 3 unplanned fast food suppers on top of a planned "overage" the day before the tragedy, and gained back 3 lbs in a week. I've been walking the line between cutting myself some slack and not using a bad patch as an excuse to fall off the wagon completely. I've gotten 2 of those pounds back off, and am less than 1 lb from being in the 150's (again).

On top of all that, my sister's on again/off again boyfriend is an addict, he's relapsed. My mom's office is being downsized, she's not sure what's going to happen there. My sister, her baby, and my youngest brother still live with my mom. So did BF, he's been served with eviction papers. It's definitely day by day and sometimes hour by hour for me right now. I keep telling myself this too shall pass and I will come out stronger on the other side. But it's hard. I'm glad I found this forum, because just putting all this crap down in black and white seems to help. Thanks for letting me vent and sorry this got so long lol.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:53 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by finallyfree73
Thanks for the comment. I really didn't think of how long it takes to change a bad habit, thanks for that. I just have to push forward and not get all depressed about my screw up and all the regrets...
I was thinking about you and what you might do to avoid the drive-thru temptation. Try putting your purse in the trunk of your car. That way you have your purse, but it would be a pain to stop and get it out just for drive thru fix. I used to have to do that when I was pregnant, because baby always wanted a super-size chocolate shake - always.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator

Wow, you all are a walking, talking, teaching group of people making it happen! It may have seemed that this was a place to come and "dump" about bad days, but this thread is really inspiring because everyone is bouncing back and learning from what happened and making the super mental shift to continue moving forward...even when life is very stressful, as life will be. I hate that everyone has to go through the bad times, but it's good in a way because sharing here helps give others the knowledge someone else had to learn the hard way. So thanks, all .
Old 03-23-2010, 03:07 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
I was thinking about you and what you might do to avoid the drive-thru temptation. Try putting your purse in the trunk of your car. That way you have your purse, but it would be a pain to stop and get it out just for drive thru fix. I used to have to do that when I was pregnant, because baby always wanted a super-size chocolate shake - always.
I LOVE this idea!! Well yesterday the temptation hit but I only got a salad so that's not like a burger. I am in outside sales so my car is my office - so it's a lot of temptation all day long because boredom and eating go perfectly together for me (used to be smoking).

Thanks to everyone for posting, wow, I just love the support of this group! It makes me feel like I'm not the only one experiencing this or going through this!
Old 03-23-2010, 03:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by finallyfree73
I LOVE this idea!! Well yesterday the temptation hit but I only got a salad so that's not like a burger. I am in outside sales so my car is my office - so it's a lot of temptation all day long because boredom and eating go perfectly together for me (used to be smoking).

Thanks to everyone for posting, wow, I just love the support of this group! It makes me feel like I'm not the only one experiencing this or going through this!
Glad to be of help. You might also try packing a snack/lunch bag, and keep that in the front with you. The salad was a great option at the drive thru, it's a shame you can't get a baggy of cut veggies or a piece of fresh fruit through that window eh? When I have to eat on the run, I usually pack a veggy roll-up. It's just a whole grain tortilla with basically a salad on it, then I roll it up in a piece of Saran or foil to keep it's shape. Good luck.

And if it helps to hear this, I've been dieting since last fall. I'm really good most days, but the last time I slipped up, the bacon double cheeseburger with super size fries and a chocolate shake actually made me feel sick, and since then I haven't even considered a repeat. So there is some hope that the healthier you get the less tempting drive-thru food will become.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.