Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 04/09/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 04/09/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 04/09/12

Old 04-11-2012, 12:18 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I have never heard this phrase before and I am uncharacteristically speechless! I hope you feel better tomorrow and that the waiting goes quickly, and above all that any problem has a simple solution.
A fb friend used that phrase once and I had the same reaction as you just did. This is the first time that I have had a chance to use it.

Originally Posted by nobe
He's a really smart kid, always months ahead on all the development checklists, but he's stubborn about certain "baby" things. He didn't walk until he was 14 months because he could scoot around faster crawling, but one day he just stood up and walked. The only thing he really throws tantrums about is bottles, which I've been trying to get him off of for months (I think that one will have to be cold turkey). I think all my talk of being a big boy who doesn't need diapers is just making him think "but I want to keep being a baby." Weirdly enough, we bought him a bed last week, which I thought would be an issue because he's always been a bad sleeper, but he loves it and never even asked about his crib after we dismantled it.
There will be things in life that he sees fit to fight you on. Sorry you are finding that out early in life. LOL .. Both mine were off bottles at 10-11 months, walked at 9-10 months, talking in 3-4 word sentences at 14-16 months. But one took until over 3 yrs for potty training. Go figure! I'm not saying you are doing anything wrong. I am saying that for every child and parent different things happen at different times. Some things are worth battling and some things will cause them to resist even harder the more you insist.

Originally Posted by nobe
They didn't sedate you for it? Do they know why the lining is thick? Is there anything they can do about it? What problems is it causing? Haha, sorry for the third degree. You've probably already explained all of this but I have a hard time keeping up with posts around here!
No sedation for an in office biopsy. TMI to follow in white... She dilated my cervix after inserting that darn chrome thing they use for the pap smear. It pinched and caused a good deal of pressure. Then she inserted basically a laproscopic camera through my cervix that could also insert fluid into my uterus so she could view the lining for polyps, cysts, etc. She then removed the camera and using some other tool that I didn't see she went in and pulled a sample of the uterine lining. So tonight I have some light cramping and spotting going on. Nothing major but the stress and pain of the procedure has me plum worn out. ... The problems it causes are heavy periods with dime sized clots (not normal for me), painful cramps, periods every three weeks, extreme fatigue during period, and bad PMS (never had before). ... What we can do depends on the results of the test. If cancerous or precancerous I may have to consider a hysterectomy. My dr doesn't seem to be leaning that way though. It is more a thought that I know is a possibility. She is saying that if I have hyperplasia (sp?) she will recommend a D&C. And if I don't need a D&C then we will look at ablation therapy. ... That was probably more than you wanted to know! LOL
Old 04-11-2012, 02:01 PM
FitDay Member

The day was overall suckish cuz ever since I slept through my alarm this morning. Everything just seemed to drag, I got the most boring assignments, had to work with the least agreeable people and although it was the day I usually get out early, I had so much work to do that I didn't get out until two hours later. Then I got home, counted my calories to find I had only eaten 744 but I didn't feel like eating anything else healthy, so I stocked up on sugar. I'll work extra hard tomorrow, I promise you guys.

Food and Exersize:
no food after dinner Y, Y, Y
Under 1200 calories 1200, 1200, 1500-1600
No refined sugar Y, N
Exersize 45 minutes a day 46, 49, 7 (I may get some more in later but I'm not sure)
Log everything Y, Y, N
Over 15% protein 24%, 19%, Not sure
56 oz water daily 70, 60+, 64

Other:
write 400 words a day 450, 458, 0 (again, might write later in the day)
At least 30 minutes of 'me' time Y, N, Y
No gaming (I can be a bit of a geek at times )Y, Y, Y

Ill catch up on posts in a little bit. Right now I think I need a hot bath to clear my head.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:22 PM
FitDay Member

Had a really nice day with daughter, shopping and hanging out all day. *Sigh*... Why is it just when they grow up and are completely pleasant, they leave for college for someone else to enjoy? lol Calories are low... not sure why. Too busy and too tired to eat mostly. Maybe I'm just making up for the thousands of calories that I ate over Easter weekend!

Wednesday Check-In:

1. Calories at or below 1200. 978, 789, 956
2. Water bottle at all times. Yes, I'm sloshing, Kind of, Yes
3. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes, Yes
4. 3 fruits or veggies a day, minimum. 4,1 (only 1 meal ), 3
5. No bread, cheese, butter, etc. None. Cheese in my veggie omelet. None.

Personal Stuff To Accomplish By Friday:

1. Order photo invites. Photog won't call me back... grrrr. Done!
2. Call wholesaler about cups for party. Done!
3. Figure out decorations, table count, etc. Working on it. As far as I can go for now.
4. Figure out band set-up, power sources, etc. (Make call...) No, No... may delegate to hubby.
5. Napkins from daughter's work... remind her. Reminded her, but it won't get done. Checking with restaurant supply tomorrow. None there... back to daughter... lol.

Last edited by quinnesec; 04-11-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator

Check in time:

1. Calories 1300 or fewer. 786, 1231 (not bad for pizza night ), 1005
2. Exercise 8 hours. 2.5, 2, 0
3. Drink at least 2 big sports bottles water per day. Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Sleep at least 7 hours per night. 6, 7.5, 7
5. Follow my pie chart rules. Fair, Good (short a gram or 2 of fiber, but I'll make it up), Great, and I made up the fiber shortage
6. Log everything and check in daily. Yes, Yes, Yes
7. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes, Yes

8. Repot the plant that's been on my list for the past 3 weeks!
9. Scope the new part of the trail for summer/fall goal. 85% done, will finish this wkd with hubby
10. Wash car.
11. Take the boy driving twice. Once-briefly
12. Make time to scrapbook at least once.
13. Start taking notes on college applications/finances.Bookmarked a few sites, started reading; meeting today with school counselor

Quinn: "Maybe I'm just making up for the thousands of calories that I ate over Easter weekend!" Singin' my song...!
Old 04-11-2012, 03:39 PM
FitDay Member

1) 1,650 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,650) - ???, 1567, 1651 (close enough!)
2) do 2 out of 3 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/Richard Simmons) - nada, walked 2 hrs (work)/weights, walk/weights
3) 20% protein minimum - ???, 19%, 24%
4) 72oz water minimum - maybe 24oz?, 72oz, 72oz
5) calorie deficit 600+ - surplus for sure, 927, 674
6) take vitamins - yes, yes, yes
7) lights out by 11 the night before (except Sunday night because apparently I'm hooked on Celebrity Apprentice) - no, no, no
8) log all spending daily - no, no, yes
Old 04-11-2012, 03:54 PM
FitDay Member

It's official. The stress has creeped in. I am moving in 12 days and the place we were going to live at just fell through. I'm trying to stay positive and trust we'll find a good place anyway. But, the idea of living with my in-laws (including two brothers in law) is not making me all happy inside. They're great people, but just not what I was hoping for for a fresh season in my life. Anyway... that has affected my day. All I want to do is find something to munch on, but I managed to still have pretty low-calorie.

I skipped the exercise, but I really should have gone for a walk out. It was a gorgeous day out. But, I took on a massive project that needed to be done and did all of my laundry which meant walking up and down 3 flights of stairs at least 12 times. So that has to count for something. But, the stress would probably be lower if I had had a good work out. Oh well, tomorrow's a new day!

I haven't had time to read up on all post, but I'm hoping you're doing alright. Anyone have stress relieving tips? I have a feeling sleep won't come easy tonight.

Here's my goals check in for Tuesday and Wednesday:
1) Eat 3 regular low-calorie meals a day. M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes (added a few snacks in there though)
2) Keep at least 600 calories restriction per day. M: 1321, T: 1299, W: 1237
3) Exercise at least 3 times and go for a walk at least twice. M: cardio video, T: Cardio video+stretches, W: Recording 30 songs and walking up and down stairs carrying laundry was enough for me today.
4) Plan meals ahead and have everything handy so I don't have excuses not to eat. Yes, managed to stick to the meal plan so far.
5) Hide all the chocolate given to me this morning! Told husband to do so. He's only allowed me to have one piece a day so far.
6) Log in foods and activities every day and get more involved with the forums. M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes (didn't do much, but have been logging everything)

Have a good evening and day tomorrow!

Becky
Old 04-11-2012, 04:12 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Tues / Wed Update

I attempted to post late last nite and I kept getting error messages so here is for Tues & Wed

Health and Wellness Goals
1. Keep a deficit for the week of at least 3000
2. Walk every day for at least 30 minutes N-N but I was up and down a ladder all afternoon. That should count as a walk
3. To bed by 11pm Y-N 11:45
4. Eat meals at a regular consistent time - and eat 3 meals a day. Y-Y
5. Drink at least 150 oz of water / tea a day. 80-88 so far today

Other Goals
1. Set up shelf for fabrics
2. Complete quilt club project by Wednesday
3. Complete at least 1 overdue job at work along with regular work
4. Do my dishes every day Y-Y
5. Clear the paperwork off my desk by Friday

I too did not pay a whole lot of attention to what I ate on Easter. I watched portion sizes, but did have more desert than I should have - 2 slices lemon pie. I did not even bother to weigh on Monday. Tuesday morning I was lower than Sunday morning so I'm okay with Sunday's food. I feel it is ok to take a break for something like a holiday. But at the same time reasonable choices need to be made.

Cassie - as you search for colleges, make sure you research all the scholarships available as well - local, national and most importantly what the college has as well. Apply for all scholarships that are eligible no matter the amount. I pushed my daughter (who felt it was unneccesary) to apply for multiple scholarships at each school she applied to, and we ended up with almost all her costs covered. Final school choice offered her 4 different scholarships as well as grants and work study. Stay involved in the application process and proofread everything that is sent. Good luck

Tori - Sending good thoughts your way. Be strong, patient and understanding.

Nobe - I feel for you with the potty training and your mom's treatment towards you. Don't let her treat you that way - speak up and tell her if she can't say anything positive, then don't say anything to you. Let her know you just won't speak to her if she continues to speak to you that way. She'll get the message. I have an overbearing, controlling mother and I am 49 and she still tries to control my life. My solution is distance - the farther away I live from her, the better our relationship is. When I lived in the city near her, all it took was a distance of at least a 20 min drive and she quit showing up unannounced. Hang in there - every mother has never parented before at one time. Potty training - in due time whatever that may be. Don't stress over it

April - Sending good thoughts your way as well with the biopsy.

Well off to get some hot tea before bed and crossing my fingers this post shows up tonite.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:18 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Major Accomplishment Today

Forgot to say that I broke thru to 199.4 this morning!!!

I have been trying to do this for the last few weeks, but kept losing and gaining the same amount. Finally took the time to log my activities and realized my calorie usage was lower than Fitday norms. So adjusted my food intake and the weight just started coming off! Woo Hoo!!!!!!

Nite all!
Old 04-11-2012, 04:35 PM
FitDay Member

Nobe- My son was around 3 when he finally potty trained. I tried when he was younger and he just wasn't ready for it. From studying I did on the topic I found that boys usually potty train when they are older than girls. Usually by about age 3 they are ready, while girls are often ready around 2-2.5. With my kids they did the wearing underwear full time and they won't like being wet. It worked for them. Rewards are good too. The other day on the doctors show they suggested having a piggy bank and every time the child goes potty they get a penny. I thought it was a cute idea. Healthier than candy, but still cheap for the parents.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:12 PM
FitDay Member

Health Goals:
1- Exercise 5 days M:Y, T: Y, W: Y
2- Drink 80 oz water daily M: Y, T: Y, W: Y
3- Keep a minimum 600 calorie daily deficit M:Y 789, T: Y 924, W Y 763
4- Get 7 hours of sleep each night M:Y 8 hrs!, T: Y 7, W: Y
5- Practice clogging dance 3 times this week M: N, T: Y, W: N

Personal:
1- Do 2 spring cleaning/organizing projects this week M:N, T: N, W: Y
2- Read a book 3 times this week (I love to read, but have been sucked into my computer a lot lately and have neglected my book love). M:N, T:N, W: Y
3- Help daughter with violin practice M: N, T: Y, W: Y

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.