Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 04/09/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 04/09/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 04/09/12

Old 04-10-2012, 11:56 AM
FitDay Member

I am brand new to this site and this forum. Registered long ago but never got serious enough to really start consistently tracking my diet until today. I've read through some of your posts, and I've already felt a little motivational boost in your stories and your goals.

I have quite a bit to lose, but I am determined to make it happen. I think coming to the forums daily and reading is going to help me a lot.

Rose Anne
Old 04-10-2012, 12:00 PM
FitDay Member

Default Monday's Result.

So far so good it seems. Trying to keep track of everything is somewhat time consuming, but I think the results speak for themselves. It's worth it!

I tried to get everything for the week at the grocery store, but most of the stuff wasn't there. The joys of living in a small town. So, hopefully I can keep up with the meal schedule with what I have. Perhaps change a few things depending on what is left.

Two more weeks before the move!! I managed to plan out everything that needs to be done work wise and house wise before the move. Hopefully that helps keep the stress low and sleep better.

Good job everyone! As long as we start from where we are today and try to do better, that's what is truly important. In my opinion.

1) Eat 3 regular low-calorie meals a day. M: Yes,
2) Keep at least 600 calories restriction per day. M: 1321,
3) Exercise at least 3 times and go for a walk at least twice. M: cardio video,
4) Plan meals ahead and have everything handy so I don't have excuses not to eat. Yes
5) Hide all the chocolate given to me this morning! Told husband to do so.
6) Log in foods and activities every day and get more involved with the forums. M: Yes,
Old 04-10-2012, 01:52 PM
FitDay Member

Nobe! Congrats on burning all those calories. That's a lot of weight to carry around. Was your face purple from being overheated plus the strain of carrying all the weight?

HKG, I'd crave both Cheerios AND cheesecake. Kudos to you on craving the one least detrimental to your goal. Glad you found an exercise DVD you like. What DVD is it? Can't wait for you to post you shoved that pound right off the wagon. Mmm, hope you enjoyed that steak!

Kim, getting well is more important than a green day, but I'm sure being a nurse you know that better than the rest of us. Best wishes on getting in more water and being fully recoverd soon.

Rose Anne, so glad you joined us. Aw, that's great that you got a little motivational boost just from reading some of our posts. I have quite a bit to lose, too and the group keeps me motivated. I hope to see you posting daily so we know how you're doing.

Originally Posted by *Becky

Good job everyone! As long as we start from where we are today and try to do better, that's what is truly important. In my opinion.
In my opinion, those are the best words of wisdom I've read today. Thanks for that, Becky!

I also agree that trying to log everything is time consuming but it certainly is worth it. It really can be a challenge to revise one's menus according to what is available or left. But sometimes I find that fun in addition to being a challenge. Keeps me from getting bored of eating the same old stuff all the time. Wishing you low stress and good sleep concerning your move. Hey, look at your all green Monday! Congratulations!

Tuesday Report

Tuesday through Sunday goals

(My Monday doesn't exist this week--because it was outrageously horrible)

Tuesday only: protein shakes as meal replacements except for half a Chipotle chicken tossed salad with ranch dressing for dinner and only veggies with low carb ranch dressing for snacks YES

Tuesday through Sunday:
Calorie limit 1500 1235
Carbs less fiber limit 25g 16.2
Fiber average 25g 35g
Protein average 120g 126g
Cholesterol limit 300g 195g
Saturated Fat Average 12% of total calories 12%
Carbs less fiber limit 25g

Exercise 4 days YES
Water 64 oz. minimum YES

Last edited by Mern; 04-10-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:44 PM
FitDay Member

Food and Exersize:
no food after dinner Y, Y
Under 1200 calories 1200, 1200
No refined sugar Y, N
Exersize 45 minutes a day 46, 49
Log everything Y, Y
Over 15% protein 24%, 19%
56 oz water daily 70, 60+

Other:
write 400 words a day 450, 458
At least 30 minutes of 'me' time Y, N
No gaming (I can be a bit of a geek at times )Y, Y

Ok, well cheerios ruined the sugar and traffic ruined my me time. I was running too late to fit it in.

Mern it's the 10 minute solution series. There are five ten minute workouts, each targeting a different part of your body and you can arrange them in any order you want, which I love. The steak was yum, yum, thanks. Lol, your monday didn't exist. Personally, my entire weekend disappeared. I'm hitting my entire week extra hard to make up for it.

I was talking to my mom today, who ironically, is underweight. She was going on and on about how she had gained three pounds and how she was worried about getting fat. I thought to myself, lady, have you looked at yourself lately? You've gained 3 pounds and YOU'RE STILL UNDERWEIGHT. Ugh. Anyway, that was my rage for the day.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:14 PM
FitDay Member

Another totally insane day. A quick check in and then it's time for bed. Calorie count (among other things) is going to be skewed because I didn't get a chance to sit down or eat until 5:30. (Actually, I got home at 4:30, sat down for about 6 minutes until my cell went off and had to drive to a river to rescue my daughter from the DNR... long story... lol) Can Spring Break be over now... puuuleeeeezeee??????

Tomorrow, daughter and I are going to pick up case goods of plates, napkins, cups, etc. (She's been weightlifting all winter... she can carry it. lol)

Tuesday's Numbers:

Monday Check-In:

1. Calories at or below 1200. 978, 789
2. Water bottle at all times. Yes, I'm sloshing. Kind of.
3. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes
4. 3 fruits or veggies a day, minimum. 4,1 (only 1 meal )
5. No bread, cheese, butter, etc. None. Cheese in my veggie omelet.

Personal Stuff To Accomplish By Friday:

1. Order photo invites. Photog won't call me back... grrrr. Done!
2. Call wholesaler about cups for party. Done!
3. Figure out decorations, table count, etc. Working on it. As far as I can go for now.
4. Figure out band set-up, power sources, etc. (Make call...) No, No... may delegate to hubby.
5. Napkins from daughter's work... remind her. Reminded her, but it won't get done. Checking with restaurant supply tomorrow.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:19 PM
FitDay Member

1) 1,650 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,650) - ???, 1567
2) do 2 out of 3 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/Richard Simmons) - nada, walked 2 hrs (work)/weights
3) 20% protein minimum - ???, 19%
4) 72oz water minimum - maybe 24oz?, 72oz
5) calorie deficit 600+ - surplus for sure, 927
6) take vitamins - yes, yes
7) lights out by 11 the night before (except Sunday night because apparently I'm hooked on Celebrity Apprentice) - no, no
8) log all spending daily - no, no
Old 04-10-2012, 03:21 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Nobe! Congrats on burning all those calories. That's a lot of weight to carry around. Was your face purple from being overheated plus the strain of carrying all the weight?
Yeah, probably a bit of both. I was joking that it was like that Biggest Loser challenge where they had to haul around the weight they'd lost. I should've had an 8 pound bag on each side
Old 04-10-2012, 03:23 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by HardcaorKittyGirl
I was talking to my mom today, who ironically, is underweight. She was going on and on about how she had gained three pounds and how she was worried about getting fat. I thought to myself, lady, have you looked at yourself lately? You've gained 3 pounds and YOU'RE STILL UNDERWEIGHT. Ugh. Anyway, that was my rage for the day.
I think we have the same mom
Old 04-10-2012, 03:23 PM
FitDay Member

"Quinn ... Is that a grad party you are planning?"

Yes, and it's gotten a little out of hand... my fault. lol My husband's family is very large and all local, so it's a bit crazy. Our family has 4 local bands, (bluegrass, country, rock) which is where the band comes in. They have graciously offered to play... actually, you can't stop them... they all bring their instruments to all family gatherings anyway. When one starts to play, they all start to play and it becomes an all day/night jam session.

Last edited by quinnesec; 04-11-2012 at 01:15 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:38 PM
FitDay Member

Default Tuesday

Health/Fitness
1--at least 1100 but no more than 1500 calories--1517 (on the conservative side), 1392
2--64 oz water--13.9, not sure but I know it wasn't enough
3--walk 3 times for at least 3 miles each--no, no
4--workout 3 times--no, no
5--log everything--yes, yes
6--post weight daily--192.4, 193.4

Life/Home
1--finish all laundry....this means wash, fold, and put away--1 load down, 2 to go, none today
2--change litter in litter box--no, no
3--CAR!!!...clean out, wash, change oil, and change out wiper blades--no, no
4--fill bird feeders--no, no
5--call GYN and set appointment, talk about BC--no, no
6--get pretty every day--yes, I was very pretty today-one of my drivers even commented on it
7--make Mommy Jasmine time daily--yes, yes
8--keep up with paperwork--no, yes
9--3 random acts of kindness--one down, none today

The day started out SO well...I woke up in one of the best moods ever today. Work was, well it was work on a Tuesday. Tuesday's are notorious for being horrible. But I made it through it unscathed. Got home, around my normal time and talked to CN on the phone this evening. He started out all fine, but then it was like a switch was thrown and he was unbearable. We fought, which is something I try not to do....EVER. Much less with him laying in a hospital bed, but in my defense....HE STARTED IT!!! I wound up hanging up on him, and surprisingly I'm doing okay. I'm pretty much in a "all men suck" kind of mood (sorry Mike!). I'm not stressing over it though. When he calms down, he can call me back and we can have an adult conversation.

My day went well, food wise, because I packed both breakfast and lunch for work. No more on the run decisions about what to eat. I need to get back into that habit, I think that's where I've been falling off a little bit. I plan on knocking out a lot of my life goals tomorrow, and if the weather is nice again I hope to get a good walk in. Calling it a night. Catch y'all on the flip side

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.