Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 04/09/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 04/09/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 04/09/12

Old 04-09-2012, 05:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Nobe ... Walking all over town will be good exercise, as is painting. I try to get my actual workouts out of the way in the early morning that way I still go about my whole day as if there isn't a dreaded workout looming at the end of the day. I still usually am plenty able to do extra work. I get really nice deficits those days.
That would be a good idea if me and early mornings got along better, haha. I usually feel pretty nauseous for the first hour or so that I'm up. And to work out before the kiddo gets up, which is the only time I could really do it, I'd have to be working out by about 6. I know, excuses, excuses!

I'm not saying I won't exercise those days, but I'm not going to make myself. I haven't walked or painted for hours in a day for a long time, so I don't know yet how I'll feel. But I'll still get in 4 days of exercise if I don't do it those days. Also, I'm due for crippling cramps (and weakness, dizziness, rage) in the next few days, so that's part of playing it by ear. I gotta do things in a way that I'm not making myself feel guilty, because guiltiness just makes me give up. If I do more than I planned, it'll motivated me to keep going.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:46 AM
FitDay Member

MERN. We had a toast to you yesterday, though everyone said "who's Mern". I just told them that it was someone I admired and felt deserved a toast and they all said ok.
We had a lovely day and I wore a dress which was a surprise to my Mum but I felt good and quite classy. Next time BF is over I think I'll wear it again as he would like to see me dress like a lady more often.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:10 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by nobe
That would be a good idea if me and early mornings got along better, haha. I usually feel pretty nauseous for the first hour or so that I'm up. And to work out before the kiddo gets up, which is the only time I could really do it, I'd have to be working out by about 6. I know, excuses, excuses!

I'm not saying I won't exercise those days, but I'm not going to make myself. I haven't walked or painted for hours in a day for a long time, so I don't know yet how I'll feel. But I'll still get in 4 days of exercise if I don't do it those days. Also, I'm due for crippling cramps (and weakness, dizziness, rage) in the next few days, so that's part of playing it by ear. I gotta do things in a way that I'm not making myself feel guilty, because guiltiness just makes me give up. If I do more than I planned, it'll motivated me to keep going.
Please don't feel that I was trying to push you or say your method was wrong. Every person has to do this their own way. And yeah, by doing it before my day starts that means I have to start at 5am. Not the most fun time of the day to be sweating & grunting, but it's over and done for the day then. And I definitely sympathize with the TOTM stuff.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:16 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness Goals ...
1. Gallon of water daily!
2. Shred every day this week (will finish level 3) M: Yep!,
3. No salt on my plate
4. Walk on lunch weather permitting M: 38mins - 2miles,
5. Have endometrial biopsy done Wednesday
6. Daily calorie deficit of 750 minimum
7. Limit one sensible snack after dinner
8. Weigh and post it daily M: 262.4 ,

Life Goals ...
1. Be more of a participant on this forum
2. Read for 2 hrs this week (not on a computer)
3. Clip dogs' nails (ugh!)
4. Repot plant for the office (take home the one that is already at the office first)

There should be an activity for walking facing into the wind. I just walked 7 laps around my building (each lap = 1/4 mile plus 1/8 mile each direction to get to the building that I walk around) and I swear that 75% of that time was spent with wind gusting in my face. Why does the wind never come from behind me when I am walking in a circle?

When I finish the cup of water I have right now it will be 98oz so far today. I joined the PCC long ago today.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:37 AM
FitDay Member

Hello ladies! I have decided to join the 7 day motivational thread for the first time this week. Some of my goals I am pretty good at keeping, others not so much. It will be fun to report in to others and get to know you all.

Health Goals:
1- Exercise 5 days
2- Drink 80 oz water daily
3- Keep a minimum 600 calorie daily deficit
4- Get 7 hours of sleep each night
5- Practice clogging dance 3 times this week

Personal:
1- Do 2 spring cleaning/organizing projects this week
2- Read a book 3 times this week (I love to read, but have been sucked into my computer a lot lately and have neglected my book love).
3- Help daughter with violin practice

Last edited by terrienne; 04-09-2012 at 06:53 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:52 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in. Ate terribly Friday through Sunday, but I'm glad to be back in control today. I was the cook for the weekend so it was pretty tough to stay out of the kitchen... and of course, I now have all of the wonderful ham and dessert left-overs. Ugh...

Anyway, the next 6 weeks are going to be crazy busy for me and I probably won't be around a whole lot, but I'm not going to abandon my healthy eating. Warm weather is coming, and I want to look good for the grad party soooo, I better behave.

Goals remain pretty consistent:

1. Calories at or below 1200.
2. Water bottle at all times.
3. Take all vitamins and supplements.
4. 3 fruits or veggies a day, minimum.
5. No bread, cheese, butter, etc.

Personal Stuff To Accomplish By Friday:

1. Order photo invites.
2. Call wholesaler about cups for party.
3. Figure out decorations, table count, etc.
4. Figure out band set-up, power sources, etc. (Make call...)
5. Napkins from daughter's work... remind her.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:56 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Terri! Good goals!! Good luck with em!!

Mern and April, I also just went hog wild. Hog wild on Passover food. Hmmm...doesn't sound kosher...

Mern I am raising a glass of water to you, in honor of you and in trying to complete my goals, which is nowhere near 98 oz!!! I raise my glass also to April who is doing AWESOME with the H2O.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:01 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Terriene!!! Nice goals for a 'newbie'! LOL ... Look forward to getting to know you too.

Hope ... I usually do 100oz a day so I kicked it up to a gallon in an effort to flush out the extra sodium that I gathered over the weekend. Me and the potty are becoming good friends!

Quinn ... Good to see you! I was the cook too and I cooked with no restrictions!
Old 04-09-2012, 07:05 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Please don't feel that I was trying to push you or say your method was wrong. Every person has to do this their own way. And yeah, by doing it before my day starts that means I have to start at 5am. Not the most fun time of the day to be sweating & grunting, but it's over and done for the day then. And I definitely sympathize with the TOTM stuff.
Oh, I know I was more just justifying it to myself. I know that if I said I would do it those days I would just be mad at myself if I didn't rather than proud that I didn't have to but did it anyway, ya know?

My best time for exercise seems to be late morning/early afternoon, which is good for walking but I usually do my weights in the evening, which is actually a nice way, for me, to end the day. House Hunters and weights!

TOTM showed up today, which explains why I've flt like a giant cow the past couple days, but I've had no symptoms yet otherwise...I can't help but think my lifestyle change has improved things in that area, which would be AWESOME. Tomorrow will be the real test.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:22 AM
FitDay Member

Arrow FitDay Challenge

I'm back again this week. I may add on DAY (Life) goals next week.
_______
FITDAY Challenge *~* REMEMBER WHY
Check-in:
Sun = Cushion Day -> Respite with Reason . . . Daily = x6/wk
It's easy to say 'no!' when there's a deeper 'yes!' burning inside. -Stephen R. Covey

_____FIT___health_____daily
....FOCUS * Mind & Heart..........
1. Health Group BK Study &/or Audio Bible
............INTAKE * Nutrition......
2. Water (100 oz)
3. Log
4. Follow Food Plan (5 Grains/Meat/Veg/Oils<>3 Dairy<> 1.5 Fruit + Extra)
5. Eat Clean per Pact
...................TRAIN * Exercise..............................
6. Focused Exercise x5
7. Daily Activity (1 hr minimum)

Last edited by fit4luv; 04-09-2012 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Copy goals.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.