Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 04/09/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 04/09/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 04/09/12

Old 04-09-2012, 02:15 PM
FitDay Member

3 'newbies' so far!! Woohoo!! Welcome!!

So the easter bunny broke my pinky finger and I fell off the wagon and drowned in a pile of chocolate eggs and other such easter snacks...my mom is the worst! I don't think she realizes that I'm 30 and I don't need her to by me chocolate bunnies anymore! I've made it to the shallow end of the mini eggs and will be back on track tomorrow likely with a HUGE chocolate hangover

I feel like a bag of crap - that'll teach me.

See yall tomorrow - save me a seat in the middle of the wagon so I can't fall off!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-09-2012, 02:17 PM
FitDay Member

This is just a quick checkin seeing as I'm way too tired to actually say anything.

Food and Exersize:
no food after dinner Y
Inder 1200 calories 1200
No refined sugar Y
Exersize 45 minutes a day 46
Log everything Y
Over 15% protein 24%
56 oz water daily 70

Other:
write 400 words a day 450
At least 30 minutes of 'me' time Y
No gaming (I can be a bit of a geek at times )Y

Tomorrow to-do:
Clean out wicker basket!
Old 04-09-2012, 02:19 PM
FitDay Member

Oh and hi-hi to the newbies! I just joined a few weeks ago myself. hope to get to know you all and good luck on your goals!
Old 04-09-2012, 03:20 PM
FitDay Member

Red face Monday

Health/Fitness
1--at least 1100 but no more than 1500 calories--1517 (on the conservative side)
2--64 oz water--13.9
3--walk 3 times for at least 3 miles each--no
4--workout 3 times--no
5--log everything--yes
6--post weight daily--192.4

Life/Home
1--finish all laundry....this means wash, fold, and put away--1 load down, 2 to go
2--change litter in litter box--no
3--CAR!!!...clean out, wash, change oil, and change out wiper blades--no
4--fill bird feeders--no
5--call GYN and set appointment, talk about BC--no
6--get pretty every day--yes
7--make Mommy Jasmine time daily--yes
8--keep up with paperwork--no
9--3 random acts of kindness--one down

Oh, Hungry Monday got me again. This time in the form of a burrito, rice and beans....but it was OOOHHH so worth it. I will most likely be up in weight tomorrow, but am not really stressing it. I made an informed decision and went with it. I know it looks like I'm swimming in a sea of red, but honestly, the day wasn't as bad as the report looks. I didn't workout or walk today because I took a nap. I wound up on Skype with CN until 2:30 this morning, and had to be up by 6:15 for work. I'll take the nap in that situation. Going to call it an early night tonight. See y'all tomorrow.

Welcome Newbies, Welcome Back Kim!

Anyone heard from Amy?
Old 04-09-2012, 03:37 PM
FitDay Member

Ha. Well today started out good. Bran cereal, cottage cheese and cantaloupe for breakfast! Plans to walk and do weights! Immediately following my last post (the one about having no TOTM symptoms), cramps and PMS hit me like a freight train. And immediately after that, I stopped caring. We went out for lunch to a diner, I had a big greasy chicken burger and salad, but also ended up eating about half of kiddo's chicken strips and fries (he just wanted to lick plum sauce off a cucumber slice for lunch, apparently). Had two big hot dogs with mayo and cole slaw for dinner, and about half a box of Girl Guide cookies for dessert. I'm an eating machine and I don't care. I'm probably not done yet, either. And I didn't walk or do my weights. I've hardly had any water. I'm just going to make this a guilt free day, because I feel like crap and I'm not going to beat myself up for not eating right (or doing anything else right, either). I'm sure my digestive system will pay me back tomorrow, anyway. I stopped logging food after lunch, but let's just say that lunch put me over my daily limit.

I usually leave my guilt-free calories in black, but since I'm not letting myself feel guilty about any of this mess, it would look phony if I didn't highlight it, so...welcome to my red day.

1) 1,650 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,650) - ???
2) do 2 out of 3 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/Richard Simmons) - nada
3) 20% protein minimum - ???
4) 72oz water minimum - maybe 24oz?
5) calorie deficit 600+ - surplus for sure
6) take vitamins - yes
7) lights out by 11 the night before (except Sunday night because apparently I'm hooked on Celebrity Apprentice) - no
8) log all spending daily - no
Old 04-09-2012, 07:01 PM
FitDay Member

Arrow FitDay Challenge Check-in

*~* Just a Reminder *~*

"EAT CLEAN" PACT
*Jho82, Mern, Ama, nobe, Hope, Amy, & Luv*

*STARTS anew weekly thru 4/28. Sun MN thru Sat MN.*
"You can set your own clean eating terms--it may mean different things for different people Just be honest with yourselves--there are no food police here." ~ Mern
Please let me know if you want to opt in or out.

---------------
I simplified goals. For some reason I almost feel like when I first started, because I need to focus on just a few health goals this week. As with many of you, I'm fighting eating temptations this week. SO the reason I need to keep in mind WHY I'm losing weight and exercising daily. I want to have a healthy mindset because this time I plan to maintain my lost weight.
----------------
FITDAY Challenge *~* REMEMBER WHY
Check-in: MON_
Sun = Cushion Day -> Respite with Reason . . . Daily = x6/wk
It's easy to say 'no!' when there's a deeper 'yes!' burning inside. -Stephen R. Covey

_____FIT___health_____daily
....FOCUS * Mind & Heart..........
1. Health Group BK Study &/or Audio Bible*~* YES {MON_ }
............INTAKE * Nutrition......
2. Water (100 oz) *~*YES {MON_ }
3. Eat within Food Plan (5 Grains/Meat/Veg/Oils<>3 Dairy<> 1.5 Fruit + Extra)*~* YES {MON_ }
4. Eat Clean per Pact *~*YES {MON_ }
...................TRAIN * Exercise..............................
5. Focused Exercise x5 *~* YES {MON_ }

Last edited by fit4luv; 04-09-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:50 PM
FitDay Member

My week hasn't really started yet cos I'm still on holidays and I have so much snack food left from the weekend that I have to get through. So tonight my main meal will be nibbles and then tomorrow it's blitz time cos I'm straying off track and I can see the scales slowly creeping up again.
Welcome to all those just starting out and stick with it through the ups and downs, it will be worth it.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:48 PM
FitDay Member

Luv and Lizzie, it's incredible that the first two posts I saw when I woke up this morning were yours because you were my two companions in my dream last night. Equally incredible is that the nature of your posts fits in perfectly with where I am right now. In reality what happened was that yesterday I used my 7 year old grandson's being home from school (I'm convinced he was faking a stomach ache) as an excuse to chuck my plans to jump back on the wagon after eating out of control on Easter. In my dream last night I had joined you two at the beginning of a long line of a cafeteria where we went past tons of foods we could have on our diet plans and you two chose wisely, but there was nothing at all I could have except for raw chicken and raw lobster because I had fallen off the wagon so badly. And of course I couldn't eat even those and catch up on where I should be in my goals. The dream was quite vivid but to make a long story short I wound up running down long hallways looking for the two of you but I was hopelessly behind and unable to find even one person from our entire group. I wound up on a bus asking for help and everyone told me I was lost because I wasn't a native, but a "tourist." My self-dream-analysis tells me that was an expression of feeling like I don't belong/lacking sincerity.

Back to common sense reality. My actions are what makes me belong. The past two days WERE truly out of control so badly that I'd practically have to starve myself for the rest of the week to catch up. BUT I can make the BEST of each day to do SOME damage control. So I will set simple DAILY goals the rest of this week.

Today's goals:

Exercise and minimum of 64 oz. plain water and green tea. Use vitamin fortified protein shakes as small meal replacements until dinner at which time I will have baked, skinless chicken and a nice tossed salad. Any snacks today must be in the form of low carb veggies with low carb Ranch dressing allowed.

Still haven't read the posts from Easter and yesterday so I will have to skim and reply as best I can.

Last edited by Mern; 04-09-2012 at 11:03 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:02 AM
FitDay Member

Catching up with Monday's posts.

Newbies: so you can learn who we are, I'll put usernames today in parenthesis if addressing someone by a known first name if it's not totally obvious. We have one male member, our moderator, Mike.

Lizzie (Lizards13) OMG, that is SO SWEET that you and your family toasted me, even though they don't know me. What a nice bunch of people! But the way I ate on Easter was certainly nothing admirable. I did truly think of you as I was preparing and later eating Easter dinner. So cool about the dress--had to make you feel really great.

Tori, congrats on being 2 lbs. down from last Monday!

April (wildbeanerz) those "uninformed 'good' choices" are so aggravating, aren't they? I HATE it when that happens: the best of intentions and then it sets off cravings for me. I hear ya on the sodium: I overate on ham so badly that I went to bed Easter night with my feet and legs aching from water retention. Yesterday I ate a ton of ham again, even knowing it wasn't good for me, and couldn't quench my thirst even with drinking over three quarts of water. Life gets in the way of keeping up with this thread. Don't fret about not having been able to keep up. I didn't even weigh yesterday. I'm afraid I regained all I lost last week and I'd been doing SO well. But for both you and me, a lot of the gain must be from water retention. Still, I may not weigh at all this week because I'm afraid having to face my gain could easily draw me back into the "I don't care" attitude for weeks on end. I refuse to allow that. I can do this!

HKG (hardcoarKittyGirl) I KNOW you will lose that one pound. I'll be cheering you on as you pass your mini-goal line.

Mike (01gt4.6), trouble in paradise again? Hope you and GF can smooth things out. DH and I had a spat night before Easter over something really stupid and we had to agree to disagree so we would keep the peace on Easter.

Hope (canary52) I'm glad you're back on track. You are certainly not alone--many of us fell off the wagon over the holiday weekend. I wish I had read your post about the water toast yesterday--maybe I'd have felt guilty enough about not deserving it that I'd have gotten back on the wagon sooner. But I truly do appreciate your friendship and confidence in me. I'm gonna be all green the rest of the week and that IS A PROMISE!

Nobe, nice, sensible goals. Being flexible due to different activities is the way to go.

Terrienne Terri, welcome! We also have a Taubele Terri who is an active member of our group so I'll make an effort to be sure you know which Terri I'm addressing. Really nice goals! I was very close to your current weight pre-Easter. Too chicken to get on the scales after eating out of control over the weekend. I hope my scale can catch back up with yours.

Becky, welcome to you, too. Congrats on having lost after only five days. Well done! Best wishes on your move. We all set our own goals and we all support whatever works best for the individual. Your goals look wonderful!

Quinn (quinnesec) welcome to the bunch of us trying to regain control! I'll be rooting for you to stay on the wagon as life takes you away from us over the next several weeks.

Ama (amalthea189) you did better than I did on Easter. Does look like a lot you ate, but when we consider the reality of it being spread out over several hours, it's not so bad for a holiday. I had to chuckle about your grandma story. I'll bet my grandkids giggle over stuff I do, too. LOL Best wishes with your goals this week.

Cassie (cjohnson728) LOL on whether lack of computer access means calories don't count. I hope that also applies to those of us who are simply not logging on because we're hiding under the paper bags over our heads. (OK--that's just me. LOL)

OK, I gotta get moving to get my grandkids off to school. Will resume catching up AFTER I exercise this morning.

Last edited by Mern; 04-10-2012 at 12:10 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:09 AM
Super Moderator

Morning, all...and HUGE hugs to those climbing back on today. Re-entry is hard.

Jho, how did the Easter bunny break your pinkie? Do you have the killer bunny from Monty Python pulling duty at your house?

I need to get to jail so I can't do individual responses right now, but please know I've read the posts and am ever-thankful for the wisdom and honesty here. It really helps keep me on track, when I use it. As I've said before, if I'm not posting, I'm likely eating. Thanks for being here, all of you.

Quick check-in from last night, then I'll be back later:

1. Calories 1300 or fewer. 786
2. Exercise 8 hours. 2.5
3. Drink at least 2 big sports bottles water per day. Yes
4. Sleep at least 7 hours per night. 6
5. Follow my pie chart rules. Fair
6. Log everything and check in daily. Yes
7. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes

8. Repot the plant that's been on my list for the past 3 weeks!
9. Scope the new part of the trail for summer/fall goal.
10. Wash car.
11. Take the boy driving twice. Once-briefly
12. Make time to scrapbook at least once.
13. Start taking notes on college applications/finances.Bookmarked a few sites

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.