||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Search this Thread||Display Modes|
|04-09-2012, 07:33 PM||#21 (permalink)|
Join Date: Feb 2012
I ate my way through Easter day, regrets, yes; but the next holiday is a few months away so I can give myself a break, right?
Started the day off with brunch at my folks house: Coffee x2 – with real half & half and sugar, peppered bacon (lost count), mini sweet rolls (like 3 of them). OJ, scrambled eggs with cheese. Then at my house for dinner with the “extended’ family; glazed spiral ham, mashed potatoes with gooey butter, fruit salad with a sugary orange juice dressing, baked brussel sprouts (my recipe and the only low-cal thing on the menu), 2 glasses of red wine (absolutely necessary to get by), Hawaiian rolls with butter, slice of lemon meringue pie, cherry pie (just a little bit), ½ of a sugar cookie, and some jelly beans. Okay, this was all spread out over several hours, but going back to read it I can’t believe I fit that much food in my body! Needless to say I chose wisely not to weigh-in this morning… I brought left-overs for lunch and ate the whole thing at 8:30am! What is up with that? I ate enough yesterday to last at least 4 days and I wake up hungry…????
Grandma story: plate full of her left-over lemon meringue pie which she is placing on the floor and calling my dog over to eat it. I told her not to and she quit talking to me for quite a while. Then she thought the next holiday coming up was Christmas… poor dear… now where did I put that wine?
Goals for this week:
1. Clean out the *&#% fridge of all the left-overs (my Mom “oh no you keep it all, it is just me and your father and we’ll over-eat if we take it home…”)
2. Toss out the candy – 3 Easter egg hunts this weekend – my son is 3 – he won’t notice if I throw away most of his candy!
3. Keep up the H2O – 70oz/day.
4. Go to the gym – really, just go, exercise in heels if you have to, just GO!
5. Don’t stress… learn to say no at work.
6. Keep portions small.
7. Limit 1500 cals per day.
8. Dig myself out from under The Wagon and get back on!!!
LOL - Ama
For fellow space junkies (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amalthea_(moon) )
Age 39, Height 5’6”
Short term goal: Fit into my favorite old Levis 515’s – and still be able to breathe. (6 or less lbs to go)
Short term goal #2: Be able to wear a swim suit this summer and not feel like I need to suck in my stomach all the time. (about 9lbs to go + a miracle suit)
Long term goal: Live a healthy lifestyle; physically, mentally and spiritually.
|04-09-2012, 07:53 PM||#22 (permalink)|
Join Date: Apr 2012
Hi everyone! I'm new around here, but I really want to get connected with people so I will keep doing this. It's been 5 days since I've been logging my food and trying to exercise more, and so far I've already started losing. So I hope it keeps going that way!
We're moving in two weeks, and so I have my last two weeks of work to do. There's a lot of things that need to be transfered and prepared for whoever takes my place. And I've got all my packing to do and cleaning. So, I know it's going to be hard to stick to healthy regular meals instead of just binging at night for these weeks. I usually get right into work as soon as I wake up and only stop around supper time. So I've been trying to get used to more regular meals instead of only eating at night. So far so good, but we'll see when the stress starts packing on.
Anyway... my goals for this next week are:
1) Eat 3 regular low-calorie meals a day.
2) Keep at least 600 calories restriction per day.
3) Exercise at least 3 times and go for a walk at least twice.
4) Plan meals ahead and have everything handy so I don't have excuses not to eat.
5) Hide all the chocolate given to me this morning!
6) Log in foods and activities every day and get more involved with the forums.
How does that sound? Am I doing this right?
Have a great week everyone!
|04-09-2012, 08:52 PM||#23 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jan 2010
Hi Everyone, good to see you all here on Monday! Glad to see the regulars and welcome to Terrienne and Becky . No right and wrong here, Becky; it's all up to you to set goals and up to us to provide applause and support! Personally, having someone else hide tempting food is one of my preferred coping mechanism, lol!
Add me to the club of those who ate their way through the weekend. I had wonderful weekend goals but also computer problems...as if not being able to log means the calories don't count . I made great progress with life and work goals, not so much with the health ones.
Anyhoo, same old goals for me, till I get back on the straight and narrow. We had a lovely spring break week, but the race has once again begun and it's balls to the wall again. I will check in as much as I can to keep myself sane!
1. Calories 1300 or fewer.
2. Exercise 8 hours.
3. Drink at least 2 big sports bottles water per day.
4. Sleep at least 7 hours per night.
5. Follow my pie chart rules.
6. Log everything and check in daily.
7. Take all vitamins and supplements
8. Repot the plant that's been on my list for the past 3 weeks!
9. Scope the new part of the trail for summer/fall goal.
10. Wash car.
11. Take the boy driving twice.
12. Make time to scrapbook at least once.
13. Start taking notes on college applications/finances.
Hmm...lucky 13. We'll see how it goes! Hope everyone's had a great day so far; chat with you all later!
And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.
|04-09-2012, 09:26 PM||#24 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Some NOT copy and pasted goals.
health & fitness
1) calorie deficient of 3000
2) workout 3 times
3) walk twice
4) bench press 270#
5) work 5 days
6) write 3 auto policies or $4500 in premium
|04-09-2012, 09:43 PM||#25 (permalink)|
Join Date: Apr 2011
Alright kiddies I am going to try this again. I got knocked off the wagon by a bad respiratory infection that is lasting almost 2 weeks But i think I am on the mend and hopefully up to going to the gym by midweek. My goals are small as i have been out of the gym for more than two weeks.
Goals starting tomorrow:
Calories 1600 or less
Gym 3 x week
Weight lifting 3 x week
Fitday re-re-start date: 1/03/13
re-start wt: 136
Current wt: 136
goal wt: 120 even 125 by 4/27/13...when i do my first half marathon
the reason i do it: http://www.kim-inge.com/
|04-09-2012, 11:09 PM||#26 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jan 2010
1. Calories at or below 1200. 978 (so far)
2. Water bottle at all times. Yes, I'm sloshing.
3. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes
4. 3 fruits or veggies a day, minimum. 4
5. No bread, cheese, butter, etc. None
Personal Stuff To Accomplish By Friday:
1. Order photo invites. Photog won't call me back... grrrr.
2. Call wholesaler about cups for party. Done!
3. Figure out decorations, table count, etc. Working on it.
4. Figure out band set-up, power sources, etc. (Make call...) No
5. Napkins from daughter's work... remind her. Reminded her, but it won't get done.
Stuffed myself with 2 bowls of a veggie-rich soup and I'm about to burst! Who knew that you could get this full on soup! lol Think I'll put on a pot of decaf to keep my hands out of the lemon meringue pie, half pound fudge Easter egg and raspberry/blueberry pound cake... but it's going to be tough...lol.
Reached 30 lb. Weight Loss Goal April, 2010
Fighting The Battle to Maintain
|04-10-2012, 12:57 AM||#27 (permalink)|
FitDay Premium Member
Join Date: Mar 2010
Hi all! I am a newbie to the forum and I want to give the 7 day goal a try.
Health and Wellness Goals
1. Keep a deficit for the week of at least 3000
2. Walk every day for at least 30 minutes
3. To bed by 11pm
4. Eat meals at a regular consistent time - and eat 3 meals a day.
5. Drink at least 150 oz of water / tea a day.
1. Set up shelf for fabrics
2. Complete quilt club project by Wednesday
3. Complete at least 1 overdue job at work along with regular work
4. Do my dishes every day
5. Clear the paperwork off my desk by Friday
I think these are realistic and doable. Look forward to updating this in a positive way tomorrow!
- 190.0 (5/31/12)
- 197.6 (5/1/12) 199.4 (4/11/12) 204.8 (3/31/12)
Goal Weight 120 (9/30/12)
|04-10-2012, 01:29 AM||#28 (permalink)|
Join Date: Apr 2012
I'm new here too, so good job on stepping out and getting out there. Hope you have a great week and see the results you're looking for!
Welcome to the club!
|04-10-2012, 01:31 AM||#29 (permalink)|
Join Date: Apr 2012
|04-10-2012, 01:36 AM||#30 (permalink)|
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Boiling Springs, SC
I guess it's finally time to make my goals.
1--at least 1100 but no more than 1500 calories
2--64 oz water
3--walk 3 times for at least 3 miles each
4--workout 3 times
6--post weight daily
1--finish all laundry....this means wash, fold, and put away
2--change litter in litter box
3--CAR!!!...clean out, wash, change oil, and change out wiper blades
4--fill bird feeders
5--call GYN and set appointment, talk about BC
6--get pretty every day
7--make Mommy Jasmine time daily
8--keep up with paperwork
I not only fell off the wagon this weekend, but am pretty sure as it was coming back for me, I got ran over by it too. It was BAD! I wouldn't even want to venture a guess as to what I ate. But it was good!!! I'm in much better spirits so far this week, and am really hoping it lasts. Will update this later on....
Mini Goal Weight-??
Ultimate Goal Weight-TBD
When life throws you curveballs, it's up to YOU to decide whether or not you swing away or go down looking. I'm choosing to swing away.
"JUST KEEP SWIMMING"
Last edited by ToriD1012; 04-10-2012 at 02:51 AM. Reason: forgot a couple of goals
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|