Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 04/09/12

Old 04-15-2012, 08:29 AM
FitDay Member

TORI. I have said before that you sound like a strong woman and I hope that helps you now. You sound like I was when I was much younger and I came through a lot of s**t and survived. From everything you've said on this forum, you ARE awesome in so many ways ans you should never sell yourself short. If others can't appreciate you that's their problem and they will regret it some day So onwards and upwards girl, you've a lot of living to get on with.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:31 PM
FitDay Member

I went over in calories, but everything I ate was pretty healthy, so I don't feel too bad. I was doing well until I made modified burritos for supper - shredded chicken breast and black beans with a packet of fancy Mexican spices, peppers, mushrooms and onions, and spinach, tomato, salsa, a bit of guac and a bit of light sour cream on top in an "ancient grains" tortilla. Should've thought ahead and eaten a bit less during the day, though. Or skipped the tortilla and plopped the filling on top of a salad. Oh well.

1) 1,650 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,650) - ???, 1567, 1651 (close enough!), 1654 (close enough again!), 1747, 1618 (and that's including a DQ hot fudge sundae), 1861
2) do 2 out of 3 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/Richard Simmons) - nada, walked 2 hrs (work)/weights, walk/weights, painted 7 hrs, painted 7 hrs, walked 2 hrs (work), nothing
3) 20% protein minimum - ???, 19%, 24%, 17%, 20%, 27%, 25%
4) 72oz water minimum - maybe 24oz?, 72oz, 72oz, 56oz, 56oz, 56oz, 72oz
5) calorie deficit 600+ - surplus for sure, 927, 674, 1109, 1016, 898, 314
6) take vitamins - yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
7) lights out by 11 the night before (except Sunday night because apparently I'm hooked on Celebrity Apprentice) - no, no, no, no, no, no, no
8) log all spending daily - no, no, yes, yes (didn't spend anything), yes (didn't spend anything), no, yes

All-over-the-place week. Hoping to keep myself more in check this coming week, at the very least with the yes-or-no goals like water and bedtime.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:01 PM
FitDay Member

Had a few busy days so I am just now posting for Fri, Sat and Sun. Mostly did what I should. Will have more time to check in on Monday.

Health Goals:
1- Exercise 5 days M:Y, T: Y, W: Y, Th: N (planned day off), F,: Y, S:Y, S: N
2- Drink 80 oz water daily. M: Y, T: Y, W: Y, Th: Y, F: Y, S: Y, S: N
3- Keep a minimum 600 calorie daily deficit M:Y 789, T: Y 924, W Y 763, Th: N 442, F: Y 1180, S: N (but almost) 589, S: N 576
4- Get 7 hours of sleep each night M:Y 8 hrs!, T: Y 7, W: Y, Th: Y, F: Y, S: Y
5- Practice clogging dance 3 times this week. M: N, T: Y, W: N, Th: N, F: N, S: N

Personal:
1- Do 2 spring cleaning/organizing projects this week M:N, T: N, W: Y, Th: N, F: N, S:N
2- Read a book 3 times this week (I love to read, but have been sucked into my computer a lot lately and have neglected my book love). M:N, T:N, W: Y, Th:N, F: Y, S: N
3- Help daughter with violin practice M: N, T: Y, W: Y, Th: N, F:Y, S: Y
Old 04-15-2012, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

Final check in; the weekend bit my butt, but I'm getting back on the horse tomorrow!

1. Calories 1300 or fewer. 786, 1231 (not bad for pizza night ), 1005, 1084, 1187, 2164 OUCH! 1806
2. Exercise 8 hours. 2.5, 2, 0, .5, 0; got my work cut out for me this weekend! 1.5, 1.5
3. Drink at least 2 big sports bottles water per day. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, No, No, but I had quite a lot of (unsweetened) iced tea, I think, but it was disjointed
4. Sleep at least 7 hours per night. 6, 7.5, 7, 7, 6, 8.5, 8
5. Follow my pie chart rules. Fair, Good (short a gram or 2 of fiber, but I'll make it up), Great, and I made up the fiber shortage, Good, Fair (little low on protein), Not so much, Fair
6. Log everything and check in daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Logged all but didn't check in, Yes, even though it hurt, Yes
7. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, No, Yes, Yes

8. Repot the plant that's been on my list for the past 3 weeks! Yes, I did two big ones!
9. Scope the new part of the trail for summer/fall goal. Done! Got it all planned out.
10. Wash car. Done...clean inside and out
11. Take the boy driving twice. Once-briefly Planned for today, but he woke up throwing up
12. Make time to scrapbook at least once. Didn't get to it, unfortunately
13. Start taking notes on college applications/finances.Bookmarked a few sites, started reading; meeting today with school counselor, Picked Quinn's brain for two days, lol! Got a couple more library books today
Old 04-15-2012, 08:00 PM
FitDay Member

Hello! I've completely forgotten to come on here the last couple of weeks and each time I do it's been half way through the week! Grr.

I'm sticking with it and lost more weight since my last posts, so it's not like I've plunged off the wagon or anything!

Will jump in this week when someone starts the new weekly thread!

Hope everyone had a fab weekend!
Old 04-15-2012, 10:26 PM
FitDay Member

Motivation is the key. Been with fit day for 3 months. Lost 13 lbs. Tracking food, exercising 4 -5 times a week vigorously. Walking too.
Now 189.5 lbs. Feeling like I need to change it up a bit. Got any ideas?
Old 04-16-2012, 01:38 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Wink Wekend checkin

Update on weekend stats

Health and Wellness Goals
1. Keep a deficit for the week of at least 3000 Y
2. Walk every day for at least 30 minutes N-N but I was up and down a ladder all afternoon. That should count as a walk-N -N-N-N
3. To bed by 11pm Y-N 11:45-Y-Y-Y-N 1am (fell asleep in the LR)
4. Eat meals at a regular consistent time - and eat 3 meals a day. Y-Y-N-(Dinner after 9 pm, but light - nibble on fruit and celery)-Y-N-Y
5. Drink at least 150 oz of water / tea a day. 80-108-132-180-84-152

Other Goals
1. Set up shelf for fabrics - No
2. Complete quilt club project by Wednesday - No
3. Complete at least 1 overdue job at work along with regular work -Yes
4. Do my dishes every day Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-N
5. Clear the paperwork off my desk by Friday-YES!

Tori - I'm so sorry about the breakup. Pick yourself up and keep moving on. Don't look back because there is only better things to come! Hugs to you

Overall I am satisfied how the week came out. Woke up early Sunday, hopped out of bed, made a list of TO-Do's and that is where the day ended. Read a book and did nothing at all. Need to make a better effort to keep balanced acheivable goals.