Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 4/2/12

Old 04-02-2012, 01:26 PM
FitDay Member

Closing down the kitchen while I'm still all green for the day.

Monday Report

Eat Clean Pact: Only junk allowed is pork rinds and 2 pieces sugar free candy per day YES
Calorie limit 1500 1208
Carbs less fiber limit 25g 18.4g
Fiber average 25g per day 26g
Cholesterol average under 300mg 190mg
Saturated fat average 12% or less of total calories 10%
Water 64 oz. YES
Exercise 5 days YES
Old 04-02-2012, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator

Mern, you rocked it today! Great job!

I wish it was easy to padlock the kitchen at night .
Old 04-02-2012, 01:32 PM
FitDay Member

Default Monday

Health/Fitness
1--at least 1200 calories, no more than 1400--1487
2--64 oz water daily--not sure
3--workout 5 times-walk, zumba, SOMETHING!!!--no
4--log everything--yes
5--post weight daily--194.4

Life/Home
1--keep up with paperwork--yes
2--clean out car--no
3--laundry--no
4--make an effort on appearance every day--giving myself a halfsie....actually did hair and makeup this morning, but by the time the migraine hit my hair had been pulled up and I had cried off all the makeup. oh well
5--clean Jasmine's bathroom--no
6--get Jazzi's nails clipped--no
7--take it one day at a time--yes

Calling it an early night. Head isn't hurting as bad, but still hurting a lil

Last edited by ToriD1012; 04-02-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:34 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie, thanks for your encouragement.

Oh, man, I wish my kitchen had a door with a time lock on it like a bank vault. But then I'd be getting in my car and driving to the store. Nope, you're right, it's not easy. But we CAN win this battle if we try hard enough.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:44 PM
FitDay Member

Tori, great job! I don't see your reds in Health/Fitness fitness as missed goals--you may have gotten in more water/fluids than you realized, and you promised to work out five times--didn't see a goal to workout on Monday. Honey, I sure hope your migraine goes away completely really soon. Big gentle hug to ya!
Old 04-02-2012, 02:50 PM
FitDay Member

This is why i hate Mondays. Ugh. i blame pb and j. its to yummy to resist on pb and j day.

Eating:
1. 1200 calories a dayN
2. Limited to 1 sweet treat a dayN
3. No potatoesY
4. Fruits for breakfastY
5. No food after dinnerN
6. Log everything! Counting binges!N

Exersize:
1. 45 minutes a dayY
2. 4 strength training sessions this weekY

Life/Home:
1. Write 5000 words this weekY (180. its not much, but its more than some days)

MernI agree. at least when i reward myself with food i can say to myself 'what would you rather have, those crumbly store bought cookies with lunch or decadent ice cream at the end of the week?' And for me its kind of a two steps forward, one step back thing, you're still moving forward despite the ice cream and it doesnt effect you're diet too much in the long run. btw, good job on all the green today! i dont think i've ever had an all green day. oh well, i'll keep trying.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:16 PM
FitDay Member

1) 1,650 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,650) - 1659 (close enough!)
2) walk for 1 hour, 5 days - no
3) weights 5 days - no
4) Richard Simmons 3 days (child permitting) - yes
5) 20% protein minimum - 27%
6) 72oz water minimum - 56oz
7) calorie deficit 600+ - 704
8) take vitamins - yes
9) lights out by 11 pm (the night before) - no
10) log all spending daily - yes

I'm having a super lazy day. Emptying the dishwasher felt like climbing a mountain. I felt fine until I waited too long to have lunch and was feeling faint and never really went back to normal.

Ama - I think if you get in the right frame of mind, being hungry feels really good. When I first decided I'd had enough I was hungry a lot, but I realized it felt so much better than feeling full and bloated and loagy like I did before. Now I see it as a positive to not be full, pretty much ever.

Tori - great to see you're getting your focus back. Life can so easily get in the way, but you've done awesome so far and are a real inspiration.

Mern - awesome job on your goals today! It's nice to see so much green. Good way to start a new week

I'm sure I've missed a ton of things I wanted to say to a ton of people, but y'all have me distracted by daydreaming about pb&j now

edit: allrighty, then. Gave in to the pb&j and had a sandwich. New numbers:

1) 1,650 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,650) - 1970
2) walk for 1 hour, 5 days - no
3) weights 5 days - no
4) Richard Simmons 3 days (child permitting) - yes
5) 20% protein minimum - 24%
6) 72oz water minimum - 56oz
7) calorie deficit 600+ - 393
8) take vitamins - yes
9) lights out by 11 pm (the night before) - no
10) log all spending daily - yes

Last edited by nobe; 04-02-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:36 PM
FitDay Member

Mern. I was pulling out my washer when I hurt my back but fortunately I was able to settle it fairly quickly.

Only have a few mins before work so will try to get back on later. I am reading everything even if i don't get the chance to comment, I'm in bed when you are all chatting lol

Dryer is nearly finished, need to run the iron over my outfit for today, lunch is in bag and bathroom calls, have a good day.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:36 PM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness
1. Drink min 80oz of WATER!! Y
2. Wake up early before my monsters wake up! (seriously)!! Y
3. PM workout Mon/Wed/Fri(at least)!! Y
4. Min 60 crunches/day! Y
5. Increase Protein / decrease Carbs!! kindof
6. Calories below 1300/day! Y:1232
7. Don't crash and burn on the weekend! WEEKEND WARRIORS UNITE!!!

Family/Lifestyle
1. Take kids outside OR work on crafts min 1 hr/day (specified time: 10:30am)!! Y:Sock Puppets!
3. Work on Makenna's walking! Y
4. Encourage hubby to workout! N
5. Clean out coupon binder! N
6. Sort and file all new coupons! N
7. Work on Mom's Scrapbook 1hr/day! N

Slackin on the family/lifestyle but I had a lazy day yesterday...then I got PO at the hubby which helped me push thru a good workout. Rant in white: Is it wrong to think that he would actually want to spend some time with his children? He leaves at 7am...got home last night at 730pm, took a phone call for 20 min, made himself a crappy dinner(even though he was supposed to be starting today) answered some emails on his iphone, dinked around on his laptop.... so I put the kids to bed without saying goodnight to him....then did my workout...alone... he was in bed by the time I finished. WTF all the while claiming he had a busy day - I'm sorry but going into sit at your desk, answer some emails and do some research for 2 hours, take your mom to the dr and dentist and pick up a few groceries is not considered "busy" to me! Try listening to a 15 mo old scream her friggin head off every time you leave the room and throwing her food off the highchair at every meal getting into everything in the house that she isn't supposed to WHILE listening to the demands of a 3yr old all day everyday, WHILE potty training and while changing shitty diapers, doing the same dishes, making the same meals, doing the same laundry....dammit this is the first time I've cried in 4 weeks (must be some kind of record) i need a vacation....how can I go from extreme happiness to extreme overwhelming frustration in 1 day!?

*sigh* today is not starting out as planned.... Hope everyone else is having a better morning..... this too shall pass.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:16 AM
FitDay Member

It sounds like everybody had a relatively stressful Monday. Except for Mike who got to enjoy some PB&J. I spent most of my day studying and doing homework.

Great job, Mern! You've really set the standard! Hopefully we can all follow you and have a green Tuesday!

Health/Fitness
1) Above 1000 but under 1300 - 1355
2) No late-night snacking! - English muffin pizza
3) Calisthenics at least 3 days this week and no half-assing it. - N
4) A mid-afternoon or after-dinner walk every night - Y

Life/Home
1) 3 Sections of math homework - N
2) Finish all online biology lectures and ace my exam - Three down, two to go
3) Spend less time on the internet (Fitday can be a small exception as long as I'm not on constantly) - Y

I've got some green in there. Today I just need to cut out that late-night snack and I'll probably keep it under 1300!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.