Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 4/2/12 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 4/2/12

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 4/2/12

Old 04-02-2012, 06:40 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Change of plans for tonights dinner. Heading out to Longhorn instead of grilling at home. Menu shopping now for what I will be ordering.
You're in luck...Longhorn has some good options and they're good about accommodating special requests. I became very familiar with them when that was where my son's team chose to go when we traveled for a tourney; I was pleasantly surprised.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:48 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
You're in luck...Longhorn has some good options and they're good about accommodating special requests. I became very familiar with them when that was where my son's team chose to go when we traveled for a tourney; I was pleasantly surprised.
I found what I am ordering. Probably 'could' do better but I'm going to get the grilled chicken with stuffed portabella and a baked sweet potato for the side. I will take my own FF Italian dressing for the side salad. And even with cake for dessert at home I come out about 300 less than when I had logged in grilling at home.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:27 AM
FitDay Member

Talking

Originally Posted by amalthea1892
Mandy – I dropped off last week too, but this week is all about focus! Love that you’re a biology major! I am a Biologist/Environmental Scientist and love my work!
Yes, focus is key. I'm an environmental biology major actually! I haven't quite picked my career goals but I'd love to hear more about what you do!
Old 04-02-2012, 08:27 AM
FitDay Member

Ama, thanks for your kind words and for your encouragement. I know you can kick butt this week. I decided the same thing as you earlier today --about letting myself be OK with being hungry for a while, but it's also a good opportunity for me to get in some fresh, low cal, low carb veggies like celery and cucumber, fresh spinach. I may do a little of each.

Surprisingly, I don't have much problem with holiday meals, but that's probably 98% due to the fact that I'm always the cook. I always make sure I have several really yummy low carb, low calorie dishes on the table, including green beans, tossed salad and/or a fresh veggie tray, mashed cauliflower with cheese that I personally prefer over potatoes anyway--even if I didn't need to diet. Skipping dinner rolls and other breads is not a problem for me. Easter desserts may include sugar free angel food cake with strawberries or a low carb cheesecake.

Lizzie, how's your back now? How'd you hurt it? Best wishes on being skinnier for your long weekend. We know you can do it.

April, congrats on very nice choices at Longhorn! Enjoy the cake at home. I confess to hiding and eating this weekend but I'm back on track now.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:33 AM
FitDay Member

Wow, we have a lot of scientists in our group! Freshman majoring, Terri (Taubele) , Pam (RunBikeSki), Ama, Joanna. I may have missed one or two.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:07 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in this week. I'm really hoping to have a better one than the past couple. So far, I've way undereaten for the day because I wound up coming home from work with a migraine. So, goals for the week.....

Health/Fitness
1--at least 1200 calories, no more than 1400
2--64 oz water daily
3--workout 5 times-walk, zumba, SOMETHING!!!
4--log everything
5--post weight daily

Life/Home
1--keep up with paperwork
2--clean out car
3--laundry
4--make an effort on appearance every day
5--clean Jasmine's bathroom
6--get Jazzi's nails clipped
7--take it one day at a time

I'm up a pound from the start of last week. It's a combo of things. AF has been a bitch and I've craved more in the past week than I've craved in months. Unfortunately, with everything else going on, I just didn't have the will to say no. I had pizza THREE TIMES in as many days. Friday was unexpected dinner out with my brother and his family. I ordered an 8" custom pie, and only ate half of it. The other half was consumed Saturday morning for breakfast (cold pizza is a weakness of mine). Then yesterday there was pizza buffet after church. I'm determined to do better this week. Hope all is well with everyone.

Last edited by ToriD1012; 04-02-2012 at 11:12 AM. Reason: forgot to add Mike's favorite goal of "be pretty"
Old 04-02-2012, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

Ladies, I made it so you can click the pic below for a song!

Heath and Fitness:
1) Calorie deficit of 3k
2) Workout 3 times
3) Walk 3 times
4) Drink 3 liters of water
5) 3 serving of fruits/veggies

Other
6) 3 random acts of kindness
7) Write 3 auto policies (or $3333 in premium)
Old 04-02-2012, 09:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Ladies, I made it so you can click the pic below for a song!

Heath and Fitness:
1) Calorie deficit of 3k
2) Workout 3 times
3) Walk 3 times
4) Drink 3 liters of water
5) 3 serving of fruits/veggies

Other
6) 3 random acts of kindness
7) Write 3 auto policies (or $3333 in premium)
look who knows how to copy and paste
Old 04-02-2012, 10:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
look who knows how to copy and paste
LOL - "major accomplishments" weren't on his goals this week was it?!
Old 04-02-2012, 10:21 AM
FitDay Member

Tori, I, too, am hoping to have a better one than the past couple. We'll both try harder this week.

Mike, why was I not surprised what the song would be? LOL Best wishes on your goals.

Jho and Tori, this IS National Tease Mike Day, isn't it? LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.