Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 4/2/12

Old 04-07-2012, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator

So glad to see y'all are going strong over the weekend. I ended up playing hooky from work on Thursday and Friday. I made my policy goal though. I worked out 3 times but haven't walked. Believe it or not riding a motorcycle can feel like exercise at times, so it probably evens out with the walking.

I got up and did some yard work this morning, then my GF pissed me off so I decided to work on my tan (on my arms ). I saw a bunch of guys on sport bikes at the gas station by my house so I rode with them out to the beach. Didn't know any of them (and I was the ONLY white one) but it's all good. When you're with other guys on bikes you're like family. Really nice group of guys. Exchanged numbers with a couple of them, so now I have more riding buddies. I put about 100 miles on the bike today and already have just over 500 on her. Just changed the oil.
Old 04-07-2012, 01:50 PM
FitDay Member

Thought I made a decent choice for dinner at Applebee's tonight but it turns out that the oriental chicken salad (grilled) has over 1200 calories in it! Top that off with half each of boneless buffalo wings & onion ring appetizers! Oh yeah, that was a 3000 calorie day easily! Glad I worked out and spent almost 2 hrs doing hard yard work today. Back to it tomorrow.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:33 PM
FitDay Member

Okay well I not so much fell off the bandwagon as jumped off and waved it goodbye. I thought I was doing fine, I had eaten small portions all day, but when I logged it I was a good 100 calories over. So, deciding I had already blown the calorie count I had a few pieces of polish candy. Then some leftover birthday cake. After that I have no idea what happened . I'll be back on tomorrow I hope.

Saturday report:

Eating:
1. 1200 calories a dayN Y, 1186, Y 1163, Y 1025, Y 1120, N 1837
2. Limited to 1 sweet treat a day N, N , Y, Y, Y, N
3. No potatoes Y, Y, Y, Y, Y, N
4. Fruits for breakfast Y, Y(tell me if you think extra fruit jam is cheating), Y, Y, Y, Y
5. No food after dinner N, Y, Y, Y, Y, N
6. Log everything! Counting binges!N, Y, Y, Y, Y, Y

Exersize:
1. 45 minutes a day Y, N (Too busy), Y, N, Y, Y
2. 4 strength training sessions this week Y, N, Y, N, Y, Y

Life/Home:
1. Write 5000 words this week Y (180. its not much, but its more than some days), Y 250(getting better), N, Y 328, Y 1620, Y 1028
Old 04-07-2012, 02:57 PM
FitDay Member

Smile Howdy Mern!

Busy weekend here - as with many of you. EAT CLEAN Pact was a no go today. Spent time with family. Will do some more tomorrow. Glad to be home. I'm really a "home body".

FONT="Century Gothic"]

Originally Posted by Mern
Luv! So great to see you found your way back. I felt like Little Bo Peep looking for my lost sheep! You are so funny! But when I think about it, you make a great sheperdess around here.

LOL Hey, I've been eating SQEAKY CLEAN because I didn't want to get hollered at when you came back. I'm so proud of how you've lost weight because of eating clean. Today I think I clogged up the whole city.

Just kidding--I really want to make that 4/24 goal with you if I still can--or at least get as close as I can. All this week I had only ONE piece of my sugar free chocolate and just ONE serving plus one SMALL piece of pork rinds. So is my reward check in the mail? LOL Here's a well-deserved prize for you! ->

Kudos on your clean eating and water. Thank you!

I changed water containers, too, but just to huge fast food restaurant plastic cups that I fill with ice cubes all the way up to the top and then 20 ounces of water or green iced tea on top of that. Seems like I drink more keeping that with me--don't know why. Somehow certain types of containers make it easier & more fun to drink water for me too. Aren't we silly creatures?!

Girl, I'm living proof that aches and pains decrease with weight loss and increased strength. Your day will come. This is so encouraging. I'm tired of being tired & achy.

Best wishes on the blood test tomorrow. I'm really rooting for you. My A1C and cholesterol and hemoglobin tests are May 22. What I like about the A1C is how it goes hand in hand with the fasting blood glucose test for a more accurate picture of how we've been lately--mine averages the past two months blood glucose percentage. Tests are done, now I'm waiting the results. I want to know, but a bit apprehensive. That's interesting on how your fasting blood sugar averages with the A1C.

Aw, I hope your Health Group continues or if not, that you can find another one blose by that works out well for you. This is an important aspect of my overall health support. I definitely will look for another group. But we meet for 12 more weeks. I think by then, the leader will have better sense as to whether she'll continue to lead. There may be a possibility that another member will lead starting Fall of this year.

Whoa! 204.5 on the scales this morning. No wonder you're jumping for joy! Those peaks always are good indicators for me--I go by my highest of the three numbers I get on the scale, but if there's a low one there, it usually does come true in just a day or so. Thank ye! Just now 'fraid to get back on the scales after today!

[/FONT]I hope to be a better participant this coming week as I get back onto a more regular schedule.

Last edited by fit4luv; 04-07-2012 at 03:59 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:12 PM
FitDay Member

1) 1,650 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,650) - 1970, 1484, 1612, 2419 (guilt-free day!), 1553, 1518
2) walk for 1 hour, 5 days - no, yes, yes, no, yes, yes
3) weights 5 days - no, yes, yes, no, yes, yes
4) Richard Simmons 3 days (child permitting) - yes, no, no, yes, no, no
5) 20% protein minimum - 24%, 32%, 28%, 19%, 25%, 24%
6) 72oz water minimum - 56oz, 72oz+, 72oz+, 64oz, 72oz, 72oz+
7) calorie deficit 600+ - 393, 826, 706, +70, 762, 835
8) take vitamins - yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
9) lights out by 11 pm (the night before) - no, yes, no, no, yes, yes
10) log all spending daily - yes, yes, yes, no, yes, yes
Old 04-07-2012, 04:38 PM
FitDay Member

Default And to all . . .

Old 04-07-2012, 09:39 PM
FitDay Member

MERN. We will be eating around 3 and I will be toasting you with the family, they'll probably think I'm mad but I don't care. Have a wonderful day yourself, that bean casserole sounds interesting. We will have the traditional lamb today, it's also my mums favourite ( except for a big juicy steak) for a lady who eats like a bird( her words) I bet she'll clear her plate this afternoon lol.

I bought a dress yesterday, for me that's mega as I almost always wear trousers, but I need a summer style dress for a work cocktail party in June. It's a little neat at present but a few more lbs off and it will be perfect.

Got to go as the qualifying for the MOTO GP is on and I'm going to start tidying the living room while I'm watching it. I spent 5 years working freelance at the tracks so I love to see if I can spot people I know still working there as well as watching the racing.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:54 PM
FitDay Member

1) 1,650 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,650) - 1970, 1484, 1612, 2419 (guilt-free day!), 1553, 1518, 1553
2) walk for 1 hour, 5 days - no, yes, yes, no, yes, yes, 1/2
3) weights 5 days - no, yes, yes, no, yes, yes, no
4) Richard Simmons 3 days (child permitting) - yes, no, no, yes, no, no, yes
5) 20% protein minimum - 24%, 32%, 28%, 19%, 25%, 24%, 19%
6) 72oz water minimum - 56oz, 72oz+, 72oz+, 64oz, 72oz, 72oz+, 72oz
7) calorie deficit 600+ - 393, 826, 706, +70, 762, 835, 849
8) take vitamins - yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
9) lights out by 11 pm (the night before) - no, yes, no, no, yes, yes, yes
10) log all spending daily - yes, yes, yes, no, yes, yes, yes

I did pretty darn well today, considering we had dinner at my dad's and there was chocolate galore. Filled up mostly on ham, with a tiny dollop of mashed potatoes and some turnips and peas, and kept it to three chocolate eggs (now that I'm counting calories, I don't want to waste them on crappy waxy chocolate). I threw a tablespoon of margarine into my log just because I wasn't 100% sure of how things were cooked, and I still came in under. Usually I stuff my face whenever I'm at my dad's.

Hope everyone had a great Easter!