Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 4/2/12

Old 04-06-2012, 02:18 AM
FitDay Member

Thursday:

Health/Fitness
1) Above 1000 but under 1300 - 1355, 1200, 1226, ???
2) No late-night snacking! - English muffin pizza, Y, N, N
3) Calisthenics at least 3 days this week and no half-assing it. - N, N, N, Y
4) A mid-afternoon or after-dinner walk every night - Y, N, Y, Y

Life/Home
1) 3 Sections of math homework - N, 1.5 done!, N, N
2) Finish all online biology lectures and ace my exam - Three down two to go, Done!, Y, Y
3) Spend less time on the internet (Fitday can be a small exception as long as I'm not on constantly) - Y, N, N, N

Excuses time: I didn't log everything I ate yesterday. But I'm positive that I went over. When I'm stressed, I eat. I know it's a typical bad reaction. But epic studying + house full of junk food = terrible habit returning. On the up side, I finally did some calisthenics.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:25 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness Goals...
1. 100 oz water daily M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: No,
2. No Diet Coke (lent) M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes,
3. No salt added to the plate M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes,
4. Less than 50% carbs M: 47%, T: 49%, W: 36%, Th: 41%,
5. 5000 calorie deficit (may be tough with 2 days off work) M: -1024, T: -1354, W: -1805, Th: -1094, Deficit so far this week: -5277
6. Shred 4 times minimum M: No, T: No, W: Yes, Th: Yes, F: No,
7. Weigh and post it M: 256.4lbs, T: 257.2lbs, W: 256.4lbs, Th: 256.6lbs, F: 257.6lbs, Weight change so far this week: +1.2lbs

Life Goals...
1. Get another forsynthia bush hacked off DONE!! (Tues & Weds)
2. Enjoy Monday/Tuesday with Dad DONE!! (Mon & Tues)
3. Read something not on the internet 2hrs this week (doesn't have to be all at once) 40mins Weds evening
4. Take girls for a walk (gotta get Chloe better on leash before camping) M: No, T: No, W: No, Th: Nope,

Wow, did I ever have an episode last night. The whole time I was grazing my way around the kitchen I was thinking "I will have to report this in the morning". Did it stop me from picking? Nope! So here is what I grazed on just before bedtime last night. So between 9-10pm last night I ate: 1/2 a double dark chocolate ghiradelli brownie, a serving of 2% cottage cheese, 1/2 a serving of part skim mozzarella and an ounce of lean (no preservative) ham lunchmeat. I have no clue why. I have been so good about this lately. I think it was the KFC style chicken breast I had for dinner. It must have set me off. That and I seem to sabotage myself when I am doing too good. So what did I do this morning? I had another brownie while I was fixing our salads for work at lunch today! Geesh! That should do it for me now though. I don't have the urge for any more. I plan on working my butt off to at least be where I was on Monday by next Monday. If weather is nice I will be out cutting bushes. I should take before and after of the next bush I cut. These suckers are freakin huge! We're not talking about some little shrubs here, LOL! If it rains this weekend I will be inside scrubbing more carpet. I have the steps to upstairs and the hallway & three bedrooms to do up there yet and the whole house will be finished. Hubby and I agreed though that the bushes need finished first if possible.

I'm sorry that I haven't been able to comment on everyone this week. I haven't even really been able to read along. It is just such a busy time both at home & work this week.

Oh, one more thing to report. According to the work scale, I am down 3.0lbs from last Friday's reading for a total of 7.8lbs lost in 5 weeks that we have been doing our healthy weigh challenge. It ends on 4/27 (I think) and I have a goal set of 15lbs lost by then. I'm still hopefull
Old 04-06-2012, 03:11 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012

ETA: for the newbies--Mike and I rag each other horribly. It's all in good fun, and neither of us take each other seriously. Some have joked that we're secretly an old married couole, but he couldn't be so lucky
Ha you thought I was joking? Who are you calling old?

Not my normal update.
Ladies,
I'm done another pound today.

Three policies written and almost $5k in premium.

Still no clue on calories.

Remember that goal I made a few weeks back of increasing my auto premium by $100k but the end of 3rd qtr? Well I was giving myself 28 weeks, 3 weeks in and I'm over $20k in premium!

I've worked out twice already this week.

Went riding everyday.

GF tells me that since I got my bike I have a smile from ear to ear. If I don't get rid of it, it's going to cause wrinkles.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:15 AM
Super Moderator

Morning, all, sorry for dropping off the planet! It's been an interesting couple of days. On Wednesday we had a treatment center come into the practice to do a presentation of their facility. They brought lunch; I knew they were doing so, so I didn't pack mine. I was expecting the usual, sandwiches, salads; well, I was wrong. Maggiano's, and one choice...I looked it up later and it was, um, chicken tortelloni with smoked ham in an asagio cheese sauce. Plus right in front of me were individual cheesecakes (my personal favorite ) and a bucket of lemon cookies. Ugh.

I ended up with eating the salad and 1.5 tortelloni, shaking off as much sauce as I could without being gross and obvious. I passed on the desserts but my overall strategy doomed me because by the time I got home I was starving! Went to Panera for dinner and had soup and salad, but I did way too much snacking that night and last night, too, for that matter, so I need to get back on track today. Time to be a weekend warrior!!

I realized this morning that I left the power cord to my laptop at the group practice, which is 45 minutes away. It's not worth the time and gas to get it, so I've transferred needed docs onto a jump drive so I can work on the desktop, but I also see it as a sign to get my butt up and be active and productive in an area other than reports! So, that being the case, here are my weekend goals:

1. 1225 or fewer calories daily.
2. Exercise 4 times.
3. 2 big sports bottles water daily.
4. Take vitamins, supplements.
5. Log everything.
6. Follow my pie chart rules.

7. Take the boy driving twice.
8. Take the boy shopping for shorts.
9. Repot plants.
10. Make progress on the to-do list!

I hope you all have a fantastic day and weekend!
Old 04-06-2012, 04:57 AM
FitDay Member

Crazy morning with nothing done on my food, nutrition and fitness. Started out as soon as I opened my eyes with an unexpected chauffeuring of my live-in GD. When I came back I had an unexpected nice 20 minute visit with a former neighbor who came to cut the grass at their vacant house. (Our lives had gone in different directions and we had lost touch.) Then I tackled a problem on the computer which was merely the result of changing web browsers and I had to figure out why my GD couldn't upload a pic onto facebook through FireFox. I finally figured out the problem--just takes me a little longer because I'm "computer challenged." LOL

The last fish fry at our friend's casual social club is tonight. Taking a low carb salad because I can't eat any of their sides, and taking a flaxmeal muffin for dessert. Have to save up carbs for the breading on the fried fish, so for breakfast I just had turkey wrapped around fresh spinach and some cooked spinach creamed with just one tablespoon of roasted red pepper Alfredo sauce. Lunch will be a one carb protein shake with zero net carb flaxmeal.

I am doing my exercise at 1PM whether I'm done posting here or not. I won't allow myself back on the computer until it's done.

Ama, you've done a truly wonderful job this week on calories without logging (that's really hard for me) and no food after your evening chocolate, and on your water, too. OMG MEGA KUDOS on the Clean Eating Pact!!! I'm sure you'll get a great workout in the yard. I remember cleaning out the chicken coop on my grandma's farm was a nasty, smelly job, but maybe that's because it was during the summer that I had to do that--oops, I see you're in California--maybe that's a smelly job any time of year for you?

Tori, thanks for answering about your exercise at work. As a former store manager myself, who also pitched in and did whatever needed to be done like you do, I understand how it goes--can be close sedentary one day at work when there is a lot paperwork and work one's butt off when a truck of merchandise comes in. Aw sorry the weather kept you from the movies. OMG, the weight is just MELTING off you! So close to "a new decade!" Almost three pounds less this week already!

HKG, thanks for answering my question about your family being scattered. Glad you like where you live. I hope your snow is gone by Easter! I don't do Easter baskets anymore, so I'm away from that temptation. I just cook the Easter dinner for my family. OMG, I just saw your Thursday report! Way to go, girl! I did have a good night sleep last night. Thanks.

Well, it's 12:55 so I have to get off the computer and fix my water to keep my promise to exercise at 1PM.

Will catch y'all later. Gotta post this without proofreading, so read what I MEANT, not what I typed. LOL
Old 04-06-2012, 05:13 AM
FitDay Member

So not having a good day. Fridays are normally one of my slower days, but it's been wide open all day. Unexpected deliveries, people being needy and whiny and a few who can't listen to basic instructions that they've been told 18,000 times. It's not the day I was hoping for, because it's been a week like this. I'm so frustrated I'm on the verge of tears, I haven't had lunch and there's no stopping point in sight to even THINK of eating. AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
Old 04-06-2012, 07:14 AM
FitDay Member

I did get my exercise done and my food planned for the day and pre-logged.

I hope I didn't miss anyone. If I did, I'm sorry. Gotta go shower, then have a bunch of errands to run before dinner tonight.

Y'all have a great day and wishing all who celebrate a very happy Easter and Passover observance.

I'll try to log on tomorrow but I don't know about Sunday.

ETA: for the newbies--Mike and I rag each other horribly. It's all in good fun, and neither of us take each other seriously. Some have joked that we're secretly an old married couple, but he couldn't be so lucky[/I]
Hee Hee Hee Thanks for the chuckle! Aw, also wishing you a better work day for whatever time you have left.

Mandy, again, thanks so much for your support and encouragement. I can totally understand gaining after that leg injury due to not being able to burn enough calories through exercise. I kept my blood sugar down to normal while I regained those 14 lbs. between doctor visits, but the weight gain was from extra calories from lack of portion control of other foods. Everyone here is so inspirational to me--glad to be able to pay back a little to our group the way that you do. I remember that stress--it's hard to eat right when you're bogged down with classes and studying for exams. Kudos for logging in to our group to make a report and for doing some calisthenics!

Nobe, that was really smart to enjoy your guilt-free calories day and get in Richard Simmons exercise. AND with only a 70 calorie surplus and 64 oz. of water! Even considering the red (that was your DAD'S fault. ) you did a wonderful job and you should be proud of that.

Tunnrida, I'm glad you're OK. Wishing you a more enjoyale day of eating today.

Lizzie, glad you're feeling better after getting in some better quality rest. We're eating about 4PM, but you gotta help do the dishes. LOL What are you taking for the starter and dessert for Sunday lunch? I'm making full carb brownie sundae's for those in my family who want it. (Chocolate brownie, vanilla ice cream, chocolate or caramel sauce, and whipped cream.) My 7 year old grandson likes his with chocolate brownie ice cream instead of vanilla. Makes me wonder how he eats it without going into a chocolate carb coma! LOL But I'll also still have sugar free angel food cake with fresh strawberries for those who want a lighter dessert. My family doesn't do starters--they just want to dig into the main course and eat their appetizers, soup, salad or veggies with dip with their meal.

April, I gotta say your grazing technique seemed controlled and inspirational to me--not way out of control like I do when I get in a grazing mood. I can see how the KFC style chicken breast could trigger grazing, too. Kudos, too, on your calorie deficit this week--I doubt last night's little grazing did much harm at all. OMG, look at that weight loss! Just wonderful! Congrats on a job well done! Best wishes on getting done all those heavy chores--that's gonna burn a lot of calories, too.

Mike, you've been a busy guy! Kudos on the weight loss and policy writing, working out. Glad you've had time to enjoy the riding--maybe all the wind in your face will help keep the potential wrinkles smoothed out. LOL

Cassie, you did a wonderful job of food control in the face of the high carb and calorie lunch choices at work. I can certainly understand how the busy day led to feeling starved and the light dinner (with such good intentions!) could lead to snacking in the evening. When I saw your calories for your weekend goals, though, I wondered if it'll be enough to keep you satisfied. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Last edited by Mern; 04-06-2012 at 07:24 AM.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:02 AM
FitDay Member

MERN. Starters will be help yourself to some prosciutto ham, olives, sun dried tomatoes, dips sort of stuff and I'm not sure about dessert yet. Your angel cake sounds perfect, I keep hearing about red velvet cake but I didn't get a chance to try it when I was in the US, is it good? I should be there by 4 but don't wait out for me just tell everyone to dig in lol.

I've been having a few bad moments today, don't know why just a low day I guess.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Ama, you've done a truly wonderful job this week on calories without logging (that's really hard for me) and no food after your evening chocolate, and on your water, too. OMG MEGA KUDOS on the Clean Eating Pact!!! I'm sure you'll get a great workout in the yard. I remember cleaning out the chicken coop on my grandma's farm was a nasty, smelly job, but maybe that's because it was during the summer that I had to do that--oops, I see you're in California--maybe that's a smelly job any time of year for you?
Hi Mern - I hope you got your exercise in like you wanted, and that your day is going better than you thought at the get-go! Although unexpected I bet it was nice catching-up with your old neighbor! I really appreciate the encouragement - it has been a tough week, lots of eating out and sitting long hours on my butt at work. At least the water intake has me walking to the bathroom alot, gets me out of my chair . One big deadline past, but another due by next Friday. I'll try to do better next week and get to the gym at least. Nice you grew up with chickens! I love their sweet little personalities, well because we have no roosters that is. We did for a while but they would never shut-up, so I'll let you guess what happened next . My part of California is pretty cold - we are surrounded on 3 sides by snow covered mountains in the winter and spring, and get quite a bit of frost in the winter and some snow. There is a ski park about an hour.5 up the road, and lots of great sledding areas within an hour of home, I really love it here . I hope your day is going great!
Old 04-06-2012, 09:40 AM
FitDay Member

So not having a good day. Fridays are normally one of my slower days, but it's been wide open all day. Unexpected deliveries, people being needy and whiny and a few who can't listen to basic instructions that they've been told 18,000 times. It's not the day I was hoping for, because it's been a week like this. I'm so frustrated I'm on the verge of tears, I haven't had lunch and there's no stopping point in sight to even THINK of eating. AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
Oh yikes Tori! Is it the holiday that is making things so busy for you at work? As soon as you get a day off go treat your self to a mani- or pedi- you've earned it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.