Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 4/2/12

Old 04-04-2012, 12:23 PM
FitDay Member

I've already logged my evening snack of a protein shake with flaxmeal that I haven't had yet. I know I won't eat anything after that, so I'm posting my report showing a green week so far after bringing my fiber average up to 25%.

Wednesday Report:

Eat Clean Pact: Only junk allowed is pork rinds and 2 pieces sugar free candy per day YES, YES, YES
Calorie limit 1500 1208, 1395, 1460
Carbs less fiber limit 25g 18.4g, 20.6g, 21.1g
Fiber average 25g per day 26g, 21g, 28g which brings my average up to a GREEN 25g
Cholesterol average under 300mg 190mg, 265mg, 287mg
Saturated fat average 12% or less of total calories 10%, 10%, 11%
Water 64 oz. YES, YES, YES
Exercise 5 days YES, YES, YES

Last edited by Mern; 04-04-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:44 PM
FitDay Member

I know I'm not going to be eating anything else today, too (already logged my post-weights two squares of dark chocolate - well, and my weights, haha), so unless I have a late-night eat attack and have to change my numbers, here we go:

1) 1,650 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,650) - 1970, 1484, 1612
2) walk for 1 hour, 5 days - no, yes, yes
3) weights 5 days - no, yes, yes
4) Richard Simmons 3 days (child permitting) - yes, no, no
5) 20% protein minimum - 24%, 32%, 28%
6) 72oz water minimum - 56oz, 72oz+, 72oz+
7) calorie deficit 600+ - 393, 826, 706
8) take vitamins - yes, yes, yes
9) lights out by 11 pm (the night before) - no, yes, no
10) log all spending daily - yes, yes, yes

Tomorrow I'm supposed to be helping my dad out by handing out flyers door-to-door to offices. He figures it'll take about 5 hours, so at least I know I'll get my walking in.

Mern - you're doing awesome this week! And yeah, I'm too hung up on sizes, I know. If my hipbones were jutting out at size 10, I'm probably not losing much more weight there! Sizes are dumb and arbitrary. And yea, where is Luv? Hmmm.

Jho - My kiddo's just at the age where everything he says is crazy and hilarious (almost 2 1/2). I love it. Lots of blue in your goals! Yay!

Tori - can you be my kid's aunt?
Old 04-04-2012, 02:35 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by nobe
Tori - can you be my kid's aunt?
SURE! I already have (hang on, gotta count) 9, what's another????
Old 04-04-2012, 02:44 PM
FitDay Member

Default Wednesday

Health/Fitness
1--at least 1200 calories, no more than 1400--1487, 1370, 1415
2--64 oz water daily--not sure, soooo close, nope
3--workout 5 times-walk, zumba, SOMETHING!!!--no, no, no
4--log everything--yes, yes, yes
5--post weight daily--194.4, 195.0, 192.6

Life/Home
1--keep up with paperwork--yes, yes, off today
2--clean out car--no, no, no
3--laundry--no, no, no
4--make an effort on appearance every day--giving myself a halfsie....actually did hair and makeup this morning, but by the time the migraine hit my hair had been pulled up and I had cried off all the makeup. oh well, yes, yes
5--clean Jasmine's bathroom--no, no, no
6--get Jazzi's nails clipped--no, no, no
7--take it one day at a time--yes, yes, yes

Another one of "those" days. Ran by the post office to see how much a package to Germany would be, and was surprised to find out that it's cheaper than I thought. AND....there's a discount when sending to military WOOT WOOT!!!! I was pretty stoked about that. Then did a little bit of shopping with the money Deddy gave me. I am happy to report that I am now officially a size 12! No, I'm a 12 when it's not that TOTM and I'm all bloated....I'm a 12! Got a couple of cute things, and am pretty happy with how the day went even though there were a few harsh words exchanged between me and Momma. But that's just par for the course with us. I probably won't get a workout in tomorrow either, it's Spring Break for the kiddos and they love spending every possible minute with AunTori. Not that I blame them, I'm AWESOME! Movie with them tomorrow, I'll just have to steer clear of all the yummy buttery popcorn.....it's gonna be hard!! Check back in at some point tomorrow. Night y'all!!
Old 04-04-2012, 04:13 PM
FitDay Member

Today was okay. I mean, diet-wise I did great, but the day itself was kinda sucky. I woke up at 4:30 in the morning with a massive earache. I was worried it was an ear infection that would handicap me for the rest of the week, but I couldn't go to the doctors at 4 in the morning so I took some pain killers and drifted to sleep again. Luckily the pain was gone by 6:30 when I had to get up and do some housework I've been meaning to do for a while. (by housework I mean screw on both the doorhandles to my closet. Can you believe that BOTH of them fell off????)

Eating:
1. 1200 calories a dayN Y, 1186, Y 1163
2. Limited to 1 sweet treat a dayN, N, Y
3. No potatoes Y, Y, Y
4. Fruits for breakfast Y, Y(tell me if you think extra fruit jam is cheating), Y
5. No food after dinner N, Y, Y
6. Log everything! Counting binges!N, Y, Y

Exersize:
1. 45 minutes a day Y, N (Too busy), Y
2. 4 strength training sessions this week Y, N, Y

Life/Home:
1. Write 5000 words this week Y (180. its not much, but its more than some days), Y 250(getting better), N

Nobe Great job on the size 14s! All the pants that don't fit me anymore are thrown into the back of the closet in shame. (the one with no handles.) i haven't summoned the courage to try them on in a while. Haha

Tori 9?!?!? Wow! I only have 2 and have only seen them twice in my life (living in separate countries, across the ocean). So, obviously, I've never taken them to the movies. Lol.

Hope true that. Love almond milk now. I can finally eat cereal again! (sugar free if course)
Old 04-04-2012, 11:36 PM
FitDay Member

Nobe! Major kudos on your Wednesday report! I hope Mama Luv is reading our thread so she could see how good we're being in her absence! LOL When I got down to 107 lbs. in 1981 but wearing a size 14 pants from childbirth "pelvic spread" my husband started complaining my hips were too boney. But now is a very different story. I have a huge fat belly and butt. My adult stepkids' (from my DH's first marriage) have a darling five year old half-sister. A few days ago she asked her Dad if she could paint on paper before dinner. When he said no because dinner was almost ready she replied, "Well, I'm gonna ask Mom because SHE'S the boss ANYWAY!" LOL

Tori, did I ask you this before? I remember when I was young I could lose all kind of weight without exercise and without flooding myself with water. But back then I was working from dawn until almost my bedtime taking care of the kids and doing housework, so even without formal exercise I GOT plenty of exercise. Do you get a lot of exercise at work when you're not doing paperwork? OMG size 12--I truly am so happy for you! I'll bet you'll wear a size 4 or 6 when you reach your goal weight of 145. I'll bet you'll do it by Dec 2012, too. You've come such a long way since Nov. 2011!

HKG, congrats on a great diet Wednesday! How's your ear today? Any recurrence of the pain? LOL on the closet's loose screws on both sides falling off. That is unusual. We had a poltergeist in our laundry room (off the bathroom on the main floor) a couple days ago--twice stuff fell off different shelves when we were in the living room watching TV in the evening. Your nieces/nephews living in two different countries across the ocean? What countries and why if you don't mind telling us? I am so fortunate--our son still lives with us; daughter and three of her four children only 4 miles away; her oldest daughter lives with us; my stepsons, step-grandkids, and step great-grandkids from DH's first marriage all less than 45 minutes away. I am totally spoiled with family--now would be heartbroken if someone moved away.

Last edited by Mern; 04-04-2012 at 11:42 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:36 PM
FitDay Member

Kumochi Mary, how are you?
Old 04-04-2012, 11:50 PM
FitDay Member

Mern is doing fantastic! I'm jealous of your willpower!

Wednesday:
Health/Fitness
1) Above 1000 but under 1300 - 1355, 1200, 1226
2) No late-night snacking! - English muffin pizza, Y, N
3) Calisthenics at least 3 days this week and no half-assing it. - N, N, N
4) A mid-afternoon or after-dinner walk every night - Y, N, Y

Life/Home
1) 3 Sections of math homework - N, 1.5 done!, N
2) Finish all online biology lectures and ace my exam - Three down, two to go, Done!, Y
3) Spend less time on the internet (Fitday can be a small exception as long as I'm not on constantly) - Y, N, N

Biology exam is today. A wee bit nervous. Probably some more cramming before it happens.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:21 AM
FitDay Member

Mandy, thanks so much for your encouragement on my willpower. It really helps me a lot. I must confess the reason my willpower is so strong at the moment is because, even though my doctor is so supportive and encouraging, I was mortified at having regained 14 lbs. between September of 2011 and February 2012. That's why I'm bound and detrmined to be under 200 lbs. by my next doctor visit at the end of May. Kudos to YOU on your great job on calories and walking yesterday! And you had only one day so far over in calories and THAT was by a TEENY little 55 calories! If you average your calories, you're well under 1300 calories for the week, so far. That takes willpower! I'm rooting for you on your biology exam. Looks like you really put the time into preparing for it.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:22 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, I haven't posted in at least a year. I need some inspiration and accountability. I have 40 lbs to lose and I'm determined to get there over the next 7 months. I had some health set backs in December and January but ready to move forward. I was doing really well in 2010 had gotten down to 132, but life and comfort food have intervened.

My plan
Exercise 6 days a week, 20-30 min each morning, then 1/2 hour walk at lunch most days
Try to keep calories to 1200-1300 per day
Alcohol weekends only
Journaling every day
Believe in myself

Mandevilish
4-5-12 current weight 168.5
11-1-12 goal weight 130

Last edited by mandevil7; 04-05-2012 at 01:24 AM. Reason: updating

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.