Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/26/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/26/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/26/12

Old 04-01-2012, 06:01 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I been MIA b/c I've been out riding but wanted to let y'all know that I did get in 3 RAKs this week.
I wish I could just take your bike (I don't know how to ride but this is just a fantasy) and tear out. So glad to hear you are enjoying it; it sounds like so much fun!!!

What is an RAK?
Old 04-01-2012, 06:39 AM
FitDay Member

I had a a slight weekend!
tomorrow again to exercise and diet plan ...
following break in two weeks!
Old 04-01-2012, 07:06 AM
FitDay Member

GUYS! I can't recommend this enough (well, if you're a giant nerd like me):

I had an hour to myself so I dug out my old Sweatin' To The Oldies DVD. I haven't used it in over a year, and back then I wasn't really motivated, and had a one year old attached to me, so I didn't get into it. BUT IT'S SO MUCH FUN! I like it because, well, Richard Simmons is awesome, but also, they have normal people doing it rather than people who look like yoga instructors and body builders, it's basically dancing, and by the time you get really sweaty and tired, it's cool down time.

I'm probably in the minority, but I love love love Richard Simmons. All his cheesiness actually makes me really happy and even if he can't see me, it makes me want to keep going because he's just so darn excited about it. And I like that he's not just in it for the money. I read somewhere that he spends hours every day phoning strangers to encourage them. OMG I love him.

Anyway, I wasn't sure what to file it under, so I logged it as "aerobic dancing (general)" and in 40 minutes I burned 280 calories. What the what?

So yeah...I think it cost me like ten bucks on Amazon. If you like dancing and cheese, get it immediately.

(this has been a message from Richard Simmons' official spokesperson, haha)
Old 04-01-2012, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator

Well, I blew my sugar goal accidentally, but hopefully I can still stay within the calories. I made granola bars and my thought process was, "Well, I use agave syrup and peanut butter, no sugar," so I ate one, but of course 3/4 of the way through it I realized that there were chocolate chips in it.

So having blown that, I had a second one .

Off to clean the basement!

HOPE>>>I am thinking RAK is a random act of kindness. Mike does those for some folks.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator

well... my diet has pretty much been nonexistent since I got my bike. I haven't logged a thing but I haven't eaten much. Today I got up and played tennis for a couple hours (not hardcore playing) then went home, got cleaned up and jumped on the bike. It wasn't until 4:00pm that I put the first piece of food in my belly. It's amazing how much you can eat when bored and how little you eat when occupied. pretty much all my calories have been coming on in the evening.

I just weighed myself and I was 181.0, the same thing that I was Tuesday morning. I usually weight 3 pounds more in the evening, so I'm probably 2-3 pounds down. I'm getting a tan and I'm probably dehydrated as well.

I'm about to take the girls (Chloe' and Mytsie) to the store (in the car)and get something for dinner. I'm going to try to guzzle some water because I kinda feel... blah.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:31 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie - We did it!!! If the worst thing you had was a couple of granola bars then good for you!!

When I "cheat" I normally go on a binge that may include a whole bag of Doritos (mmmmmmm Cool Ranch).... followed by a bag of Cadbury mini eggs AND probably finished with a huge bowl of Icecream... with mashed cookies in it....and chocolate chips...... and more doritos if I didn't finish the bad the first time around..... I have a feeling I may cheat a little next week LOL

Nobe - You may think that Richard Simmons is great but the best DVD is TaeBo with Billy Blanks - man he gets me pumped! I think this week I might try the Bootcamp workout offered at the Y!! Glad to see your spirits are up!!

Mike - great job checking in! You probably feel blah because of everything you mentioned including not eating!!! Plus its Sunday and you know you have to work tomorrow Good job on the RAK's!! I'll probably be doing some RACKing this week (Random Act of Coupon Kindness)!
Old 04-01-2012, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Jho82
Cassie - We did it!!! If the worst thing you had was a couple of granola bars then good for you!!

When I "cheat" I normally go on a binge that may include a whole bag of Doritos (mmmmmmm Cool Ranch).... followed by a bag of Cadbury mini eggs AND probably finished with a huge bowl of Icecream... with mashed cookies in it....and chocolate chips...... and more doritos if I didn't finish the bad the first time around..... I have a feeling I may cheat a little next week LOL
Again, I can totally relate to you! Are you sure we weren't separated at birth, lol? Although my food choices are different only because I don't keep those you listed in the house, I will go through runs where I just eat one thing after another, going from salty to sweet to salty, to savory, and so on! That's part of the reason I eliminated white flour and sugar this week, because (and I never used to be this way) but seems like since the holidays, once I've had a little, the train starts and I can't stop it. Part of it is stress, I know, and part of it is impulse control, but I also think there's something physiological there with the refined carbs. Although I can just as easily get a run on nuts, homemade wheat bread, raisins, etc., so this is a work in progress for me. I call it "chain-snacking."

So, congrats on making it through your day and your week! You did a great job!

I'll log in at the end of the night; still got a few things on my to-do list. One planned snack left; if I can hold it to that, I'll break even for the week with my average cals at my goal level.
Old 04-01-2012, 03:06 PM
FitDay Member

1) 1,650 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,650) - 1780, 1499, 1367, 1496, 1667 (I'm counting it as green), 2440 (guilt free day!), 1434
2) walk for 1 hour, lift weights for 1/2 hour at least 5 days per week - no, yes, 1/2 walk/yes, 1/2 walk/yes, yes/no, yes/no, yes (+ bonus Richard Simmons!)
3) 20% protein minimum - 19%, 24%, 16%, 24%, 20%, 22%, 35% (?!?!)
4) 72oz water minimum - 72oz, 72oz, 72oz, 72oz, 56oz, 64oz, 72oz
5) calorie deficit at least 600 - 725, 840, 890, 804, 610, +163!, 1086

6) finish my resume - no, no, no, no, no, no, no
7) get a definite plan for the house painting job I'm doing for my friend done
8) keep my spending log up to date - no, yes, yes, yes, yes, no, yes
Old 04-01-2012, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator

Default Wrapping it up:

1. Calories no more than 1300. 1249, and 150 of that is cough drops, vitamin C, and cough syrup , 1235, 1490, 1209, 1333, 1281, 1288
2. Follow my pie chart rules. Yes, Perfect today!, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Sleep 7 hours a night, melatonin if I have to. Yes, Yes, Yes, Nope , Yes, Yes: 8.5, baby!, 8!
4. Exercise 6 days (hope I can get this; I'm sick right now). One, Two, Three, Four, Five
5. Fluids all day long. Yes, Yes, Medium, Medium, Medium, Medium, Medium
6. No white sugar/flour (note to self: this means frozen yogurt). Totally forgot; had half a fortune cookie, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Unintentional oops

7. Deal with insurance company provider issues.Done all I can till I receive some responses
8. Reorganize/file in home office. Done!
9. Clean basement (weekend goal). Done!
10. Take the boy shopping (weekend goal). Postpone till week...spring break

See you all Monday for another week!

Mern, I had my favorite tortilla snack and thought of you! Hope you are feeling okay and hope to see you back tomorrow morning.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Most of you know that I've been MIA. Sorry for that. I'm starting the thread early so I don't forget to make goals. Mike told me that I had to make goals. In fact, he suggested these....
But all that ain't happening. So I think I'm going to go with a modified version of them.

Health/Fitness
1--no more than 1400 calories
2--workout or walk 4 times.
3--drink water--minimum of 64 oz a day
4--log EVERYTHING!!!!--I haven't logged a damn thing since Tuesday evening
5--post weight daily

Life/Home
1--wash and vacuum car on next day off
2--make an effort on appearance--which means no Longhorns cap, makeup optional, don't live in Ponytail City (even though it's nice there)
3--breathe don't cry
4--breathe don't cry
5--BREATHE DON'T CRY!!!!

I probably won't be around a whole lot, or super chatty. But I will at least try and remember to post goal updates.

Interesting! lol

I also think you can add drinking lots of water to the list. I hear that many people eat food when in actually fact they are thirsty and should drink water instead. Water is a natural appetite suppressant apparently.

I also feel much more energetic and up for exercise when I drink plenty of water. Feel like crap when I don't drink enough.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.