Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/26/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/26/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/26/12

Old 03-30-2012, 12:00 PM
FitDay Member

just scanned a coupe of posts

Katy my heart goes out to you stay strong

Mike congrats on the bike

As for me I mange to pick up a respiratory infection and am coughing up green sputum...no fun and no gym either.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:06 PM
FitDay Member

I made it through Friday and I’ve decided to weigh in and measure on Monday morning…..so nervous…. The only thing I hope is that I haven’t gained weight LOL that would be my luck! I needed some incentive to “be good” this weekend so knowing I have to weigh in will hopefully keep me on track…..

Hope – tks for the encouragement

Cassie – Can I be a weekend warrior? Or at least try?!

Terri – congrats on the interviews…. Excitiiiinnnggg! And congrats on the weight! Woohoo!

Katy – I am truly sorry that you are faced with this – my thoughts are with you and your family.

Mike – sweet ride!!
Old 03-30-2012, 03:43 PM
FitDay Member

1) 1,650 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,650) - 1780, 1499, 1367, 1496, 1667 (I'm counting it as green)
2) walk for 1 hour, lift weights for 1/2 hour at least 5 days per week - no, yes, 1/2 walk/yes, 1/2 walk/yes, yes/no
3) 20% protein minimum - 19%, 24%, 16%, 24%, 20%
4) 72oz water minimum - 72oz, 72oz, 72oz, 72oz, 56oz
5) calorie deficit at least 600 - 725, 840, 890, 804, 610

6) finish my resume - no, no, no, no, no
7) get a definite plan for the house painting job I'm doing for my friend done
8) keep my spending log up to date - no, yes, yes, yes, yes

I was actually out for almost two hours today, but part of it was in thrift shops, which don't really lend themselves to brisk walking. I know I did at least an hour of real walking, though. Having a hungry/lazy day. I want nothing to do with my weights, and I can't guarantee I'm not going to stuff my face before bed.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:46 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mydaywillcome
I'm sorry! I wasn't aware many of you didn't know my name. It's Katy. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. It is looking like my father has acquired a lethal cancer. I'm staying optimistic, but seeing such a brave smart man so terrified is one of the scariest things I've ever seen. After being busy with applying to colleges, jobs, and the weight loss, it's really hard to think that already in my 18 years, I will have already lost my brother, and having it be a possibility of losing my father. I will return when I can. I just need to get away for awhile.
I'm so sorry to hear this. I went through this with my dad last year. He was diagnosed with stage 3 esophageal cancer and wasn't expected to live. We didn't figure he'd be around by Christmas. But after a ton of chemo and major surgery, he's almost as good as new. The doctors are shocked. There's always hope. Don't give up!
Old 03-30-2012, 04:53 PM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness
1--no more than 1400 calories--1785, 1886, 1686, 1738, ????? all I can say is, the pizza and wings were WONDERFUL!
2--workout or walk 4 times.--no, no, walked 3 miles, Cardio Burn, does running to the car in the rain count? oh, well, then it's a no again
3--drink water--minimum of 64 oz a day--36.9, 53.8, 70.7, 101.4, 33.8
4--log EVERYTHING!!!!--I haven't logged a damn thing since Tuesday evening--yes, yes, yes, yes, didn't know how to log the custom pizza
5--post weight daily--193.4, 195.4-a little skewed because I forgot to weigh in this morning so had to do it tonight and I'm normally up in the evenings anyway, 195.2, 193.2, 194.2

Life/Home
1--wash and vacuum car on next day off--Saturday is next day off
2--make an effort on appearance--which means no Longhorns cap, makeup optional, don't live in Ponytail City (even though it's nice there)--nope, but went with the Gamecocks hat instead, no hat, but no makeup either, yes, yes, ummmmm, no
3--breathe don't cry--there were tears, yes, yes, yes, yes
4--breathe don't cry--and snot, yes, yes, yes, yes
5--BREATHE DON'T CRY--lots of tears and snot, yes, yes, yes, yes

Terri-I also have to use everything Free & Clear or Hypoalergenic, but I've found that if I spray the perfume or body spray on the outside of my clothes, BEFORE I put them on, I'm good. I just can't have it come in direct contact with my skin LOL!!!!!

Went to my DNephew's baseball game tonight (last minute decision) and got drenched by rain. Good thing I wasn't looking cute to begin with! Then there was unplanned pizza and wings for dinner. Oh well, it happens. He was happy that I came to the game and got to "see him suck" (his quote not mine). Off tomorrow, and have plans to go get my Redneck On at the flea market. May hit a yard sale or two also, depends on what kind of mood I'm in after flea marketing all morning.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:00 PM
FitDay Member

Default Mike's Prediction of "Red Week".....

Callin Miss Cleo....

You were wrong! Some psychic you are! Off by a full week too boot!
Old 03-30-2012, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
Sweet bike, no wonder we haven't heard from you!!!!
Thanks. I love it, it's so damn fun... and fast.

Originally Posted by kimbur96
just scanned a coupe of posts

Katy my heart goes out to you stay strong

Mike congrats on the bike

As for me I mange to pick up a respiratory infection and am coughing up green sputum...no fun and no gym either.
thank you. Too bad about the green stuff, hope you get to feeling better soon.

Originally Posted by Jho82
I made it through Friday and I’ve decided to weigh in and measure on Monday morning…..so nervous…. The only thing I hope is that I haven’t gained weight LOL that would be my luck! I needed some incentive to “be good” this weekend so knowing I have to weigh in will hopefully keep me on track…..

Mike – sweet ride!!
Stay on track for the weekend. Thanks, I guess y'all don't have to listen to me whine about how I want a bike now.

Originally Posted by nobe
1) 1,650 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,650) - 1780, 1499, 1367, 1496, 1667 (I'm counting it as green)
2) walk for 1 hour, lift weights for 1/2 hour at least 5 days per week - no, yes, 1/2 walk/yes, 1/2 walk/yes, yes/no
3) 20% protein minimum - 19%, 24%, 16%, 24%, 20%
4) 72oz water minimum - 72oz, 72oz, 72oz, 72oz, 56oz
5) calorie deficit at least 600 - 725, 840, 890, 804, 610

6) finish my resume - no, no, no, no, no
7) get a definite plan for the house painting job I'm doing for my friend done
8) keep my spending log up to date - no, yes, yes, yes, yes

I was actually out for almost two hours today, but part of it was in thrift shops, which don't really lend themselves to brisk walking. I know I did at least an hour of real walking, though. Having a hungry/lazy day. I want nothing to do with my weights, and I can't guarantee I'm not going to stuff my face before bed.
Looking good so far but you better get crackin' on the resume!

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Callin Miss Cleo....

You were wrong! Some psychic you are! Off by a full week too boot!
Someone seems excited that Little Red Riding Hood come for a visit.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:16 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I guess y'all don't have to listen to me whine about how I want a bike now.
yes we will, cause you'll be wanting the 1000 pretty soon...
Someone seems excited that Little Red Riding Hood come for a visit.
ummmm, yup
Old 03-30-2012, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
yes we will, cause you'll be wanting the 1000 pretty soon...
I don't know, this is faster than I was expecting. That's the nice way of saying that this bike quickly reminded me that I'm not young and dumb like I was... last week. If I ever feel like it's not fast enough I'll just slap some nitrous on it, because that's what I do. I actually got a couple looks in the dealership with my Nitrous Express shirt, someone asked if I was "gonna spray dat thang?".
Old 03-30-2012, 05:25 PM
FitDay Member

I don't know, this is faster than I was expecting. That's the nice way of saying that this bike quickly reminded me that I'm not young and dumb like I was... last week. If I ever feel like it's not fast enough I'll just slap some nitrous on it, because that's what I do. I actually got a couple looks in the dealership with my Nitrous Express shirt, someone asked if I was "gonna spray dat thang?".
men and their toys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.