Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/26/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/26/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/26/12

Old 03-28-2012, 01:14 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Um hello....
hey
Old 03-28-2012, 01:16 PM
FitDay Member

not at home, but will post my daily update when I get to the house. had dinner with Momma, and am over again on calories did well with other goals today. yay me. hope all is well with everyone else
Old 03-28-2012, 01:24 PM
FitDay Member

Okay, now I've had two days in a row of unstructured, over-eating-because-everyone-is-home for spring break and we're going to all these social activities. OOPS! Well, we did go to a museum today and I was walking with a heavy backpack for about 4 hours, so maybe I burned an extra chocolate brownie.

Enjoy your weeks, everyone!
Old 03-28-2012, 01:25 PM
FitDay Member

I have to skim the posts--so far behind. Because I'd strained something in my side and was a bit under the weather, I treated myself to a whole day in bed. My side is feeling better, but not good enough to do my walking just yet. Actually, here is my sort of "delicate/embarrassing" story in white: newbies, you can highlight it with your mouse to read it if you are curious. If not, feel free to skip it entirely.

I have been on a low carb diet for several years and it's been several years since I ate regular baked beans. I had made them with regular pork and beans, brown sugar, catsup, mustard, bacon drippings and crumbled bacon and last weekend on a serious cheat, I overindulged. Well, I used to be able to eat beans with no problem, but I'm wondering with all the years of low carbing if my body no longer makes enough of the enzymes necessary to break down the carbohydrates in the beans. Evidentally, it didn't and I wound up with an intestinal gas pocket the size of Alaska, to the point where I was almost crying. Online I read that if there aren't enough enzymes the undigested beans will pass to the large intestine and it will take longer for bacteria present there to finish breaking down the beans. Meantime, the gas pocket was causing me intense pain, evidently stretching the intestinal walls and maybe rubbing on the stomach as well. I didn't want to go to the emergency room for gas, though--I KNEW that's what it was--and was able to dissipate the gas by chewing simethicone tablets and drinking masssive quantities of a strong tea made with corriander. So I got rid of the gas pocket overnight but days later I still have pain in that area. It's way better than it was last weekend when I walked hunched over, but walking still hurts somewhat. I think a few more days of taking it easy will help. If anyone wants to talk with me about the "price of GAS" they might hear something they'd rather not know about. LOL But seriously, has anyone heard of this problem being associated with lowcarbing?

Jho, congrats on the complex carbs list for your DH and for sneaking those veggies into Braydon's oatmeal.

Tori, huge hugs to ya. I hope things smooth out for you at home.

Hope, so sorry your fibro is so intense! Of course, I've never heard anyone who said they have a mild case. I understand there's no such thing. Big gentle hug to ya.

Freshman30, welcome. OMG, you certainly don't need to feel inhibited about posting here and worried that you won't meet your goals. We just try our best--none of us are perfect.

Mike congrats on your new record!

Nobe, I hope you had a better day at work today than on the 26th.

Cassie, I hope you have a wonderful, stress-free weekend. Enjoy!

Crazigerl, best wishes on your corrected goals.

Tunnrida, you are one amazing lady! What we call a very well-rounded education in different fields: speaking fluently in two languages and understanding a third, economy, art, music, karate, kickboxing, and it sounds like you enjoy working in the night club. And then to have your life complimented with your boyfriend and cats is the icing on the cake, as we say--something extra-nice. I thought from reading your posts you might be vegetarian--sounds like you have found ways to be sure you get in your protein. Hope you're feeling better after your woman stuff. I saw Mike's comment to you. LOL saracsm is one of my FAVORITE languages. Hey, I AM bi-lingual and just didn't know it!

Terri, I'm so sorry. I must confess I've been in on keeping things from my little sister, too, but because she always fell apart and then we had to tend to her plus the person who was sick or in distress of some sort. She's 60 now and things have not changed. If she's ever able to tell us like you that things are different now and that she'd like to know what's going on so she can help and be supportive, we'll be extremely happy to change the way we treat her. My advice to you is to simply reiterate your position until they GET IT. Best wishes.

Last edited by Mern; 03-28-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:40 PM
FitDay Member

Mike ~ Ohhh la la!!! Hard to choose, but I like the shiny blue.

OK you EAT CLEAN Pact(ers) -- 'Fess up time for me. I have to mark that part of my goals with red because of -> 2 oreo cookies It's all the cookies fault, right?! I've done pretty well with that Pact. It was tempting to eat icecream. Then I thought of you guys & so far I haven't. Think I'll fix a bit of hot tea. Now if I can find my previous goals which are hidden way back . . .

Last edited by fit4luv; 03-28-2012 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Removed a statement.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:51 PM
FitDay Member

Oh dear Mern ~ I just had to read your post before I went hunting for my previous goal list. LOL --Leave it up to you to find humor in a very painful situation. The price of gas. That puts another ring to it after an experience like yours. OH yi, yi. I imagine you are quite sore yet. In time you'll feel even better. So sorry for your pain/discomfort all this time. Bless you.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:58 PM
FitDay Member

Ruby, at least congrats on maybe burning off a chocolate brownie.

Luv, just hop back on the Eat Clean Wagon.

I didn't eat clean Monday or Tuesday, but I did eat clean today. Not enough veggies or protein, though.

Mike, have fun bike shopping. They surely do look cool!
Old 03-28-2012, 02:02 PM
FitDay Member

Aw, thanks, Luv. Honestly, I first started seeing the humor in the situation today. Thanks for the blessings and for your friendship.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:39 PM
FitDay Member

Arrow WED Report

EAT CLEAN ~ Goofed up on the EAT CLEAN Pact. But I did not keep digging in. I really felt like it though. So now I re-focus & go onward.

SCALES ~ Bought new scales. Wed weigh in was the same today as was last week. I'm OK with that. Now I have a much better scales upon which I can get up on only once for a weight, unlike my other scales. And yes, I did change batteries on the old scales.

DAY (Life) goals ~ Experimenting with am & pm routines with Kitchen (Food, Dishes, Cleaning) & general house Cleaning (Dusting, Sweeping & so on). So I adjusted strategy midstream. I try to make this part of our lives as painless as possible and yet with great results.

_________________My Goals______________
FITDAY Challenge *~* CHOOSE WELL-BEING
Check-in: MON - TUES - WED -
Sun = Cushion Day -> Respite with Reason . . . Daily = x6/wk

"It's easy to say 'no!' when there's a deeper 'yes!' burning inside." -Stephen R. Covey

____FIT___health_____daily
..........FOCUS (1) Mind & Heart.........
1. Thankfulness Journal Entry x6 *~* YES {M_T_W_ }
..............INTAKE (3) Nutrition...........
---FOOD .'. {5 Grain/Meat/Veg/Oils} & {3 Dairy~1½ Fruit} & {1-2 Extra}
2. Eat Clean (Avoid Junk) -> YES {M_T_ }:::NO {W_ }
3.1600 Calorie At/Below -> YES {M_T_W_ }
4. Water (100 oz) -> YES {M_T_W_ }
.....................TRAIN (2) Movement........
5. Focused Exercise daily *~*YES {M_T_W_ }
*** Aerobic (150"): 90"
*** Muscular (Circuit x3 and Pilates x1): Circuit x2

6. Lifestyle Activity-Just MOVE (Min. 1 hr daily) *~* YES {M_T_W_ }

___DAY____life_____weekly
Tally during week. Stamp "Met" or "Incomplete" @ end of week.
..........DAZZLE (3) Inside Stuff........
1. Kitchen & Cleaning (am Routine - Thurs thru Sat) *~*
2. Kitchen & Cleaning (pm Routine - Thurs thru Sat) *~*
3. Clothing (x5) *~* x2
..............ADMINISTRATE (1) Think Tank...........
4. Deskwork (30") *~* 10"
....................YOMP (1) Outside Care.........
5. Straighten up Garden Shed *~*

Last edited by fit4luv; 03-28-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:01 PM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness
1--no more than 1400 calories--1785, 1886, 1686-went out to eat with Momma and well, it was TOO good
2--workout or walk 4 times.--no, no, walked 3 miles
3--drink water--minimum of 64 oz a day--36.9, 53.8, 70.7
4--log EVERYTHING!!!!--I haven't logged a damn thing since Tuesday evening--yes, yes, yes
5--post weight daily--193.4, 195.4-a little skewed because I forgot to weigh in this morning so had to do it tonight and I'm normally up in the evenings anyway, 195.2

Life/Home
1--wash and vacuum car on next day off--Saturday is the next day off
2--make an effort on appearance--which means no Longhorns cap, makeup optional, don't live in Ponytail City (even though it's nice there)--nope, but went with the Gamecocks hat instead, no hat, but no makeup either, yes
3--breathe don't cry--there were tears, yes, yes
4--breathe don't cry--and snot, yes, yes
5--BREATHE DON'T CRY--lots of tears and snot, yes, yes

Again, my calories were up, but I got a walk in today AND went shopping. Treated myself to some D & G perfume....I've wanted it for 2 years but haven't pulled the trigger on buying because it's expensive. But today I said screw it, I want it so I'm buying it!! So happy that I did!!! Makes me smell pretty Then had to go to PetSmart and buy the monster some food and litter....and maybe a new toy (it was cheap, and she LOVES it ). Did the dinner with mom and then hung at my brother's for a while with the kiddos and the ugliest but sweetest doggie ever!! Calling it a night...later y'all

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.