Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/26/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/26/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/26/12

Old 03-28-2012, 07:09 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Jho82
Terri - I CALL THE BACK SEAT lol sorry to hear about your ankle - did you say you were doing zumba with your bad ankle!? How in the world are you doing that! I can barely do zumba with 2 good ankles lol!!
Truly, this is me, too! But to be fair, I've only tried twice. New routines after spring break next week, so maybe I will feel like less of a klutz if everyone else is trying to learn, too...I kinda jumped into an established class.

Terri, what a nice story. Gave me chills! Or, as they say here in the south, "chill-bumps"

April, glad to hear your DS is doing well. I missed a few weeks and I was hoping things were ok with him.

Mike, know you'll make the right decision on your bike (Look, I already called it "your" bike, lol). I am a sucker for 0% financing. Which reminds me, it's probably time I started car-shopping, or at least looking.

So I have almost made it through the day without going into the kitchen here at the office, which has leftover b-day cake (some sort of deluxe chocolate confection) and Whoppers. Unfortunately, I will be back in this office tomorrow, so I'm putting it out there in hopes it'll keep me honest .
Old 03-28-2012, 07:23 AM
FitDay Member

I have chosen the pick a few random pages strategy to catch-up on posts- so sorry to all those I have missed! I have a series of big work deadlines every few weeks from now until May 12th. I am typically a stress non-eater, so the work-hard-weight-loss-strategy can only serve to help the cause (the cause being getting into a new swim-suit and not having to suck my gut in all the time). Well… we’ll see about that, but it is worth a try!

I see a few newcomers feeling out the thread… WELCOME Freshman, Rizona and Stressa (and everyone else I missed… sorry)!!! I have seriously lost about 5lbs in the last few weeks and owe a lot of that to having jumped on the wagon with this support group of wonderful people who are generous enough to share their lives, knowledge, successes and struggles with the group! I hope ya’ll find it helpful to be here!

Jho – Where are you moving to??? Great job on your goals this week so far! I would have red across the board if I tried to get up before my monster also… that is a tough goal to meet! I will try it in the summer though when it is light out early – these rainy days just make me want to sleep in.

April – Wow, lots of green! Way to go on your measurements! I wish I was organized enough to measure… I go by the holes in my belt and if I can get into my jeans or not. Keep up the great work!

Ruby – My hubby and I were talking last night about the cycle of being hungry. Every 3rd day or so of steady calorie deficits lead to a really hungry day! I would have been into the truffles also (if they were in the house)! Instead I was into cereal last night as it was the only sweet thing I could get my hands on… so far the mini-binges have not made the scale to up at all. Great job on those outstanding chores!

Quinn – Hope you found your keys! I found mine in a boot one time (thanks to DS).

Hope – Oh so sorry about the fibro flare-up… I hope it does not last long and you can get back to your normal active self soon.

Kimbur – Sometimes cardio is all I can get in as well… but that really is the best part of the gym workout!

MyDay – Thank you for sharing your challenges with us. It must have been very difficult to write those down to share, but sometimes it is good to just let it all out. You’re a brave lady, and you have infinite power to make positive change in your life. Keep up the good work!

Nobe – 15 lbs since February? Fantastic work!

Crazi – Good work on the nutrition & exercise research and for keeping that positive attitude!

Tunnrida – I tried kickboxing at the gym and about it about killed me! Not that he moves were too hard, they were just soooo fast and I have absolutely no coordination. It is great you are so active!

Terri – Wow!!! What a sweetheart you landed! I love that you were able to tell him exactly what you wanted.. . he pick out sparkly, keep time and place a secret.. I am so happy for you!

Tori – So glad your day was better than those before. Good positive outlook on the rest of the week!

Cassie – Yay, lots of blue so far this week! Goals 6-9 would be tough for me to get done as well…

Mern - I hope you are doing well!

Happy Wednesday everyone! Stay Clean (gotta say this to myself because, yes, I am struggling with the Pact)!

Ama
Old 03-28-2012, 08:01 AM
FitDay Member

MIKE - SERIOUSLY IF I DON'T SEE ONE RAK TODAY SOMEBODY GONNA GET HURT REEEEAALLL BAD (Russell Peters! watch it - hilarious!) How hard is it to open a door for someone?! Or I'm sure there is something in your office that needs to be fixed/adjusted (assuming you work in an office). COME ON!
any good Southern man should hold doors open no matter what. it's not considered a RAK, just bein polite
Tori - I see that the crying has subsided - thats awesome! One day at a time my friend!
I'm sure to have more bad days in the coming months, but for the time being.....
Mike - try harder - its Wednesday. I may not have a whip or boots but I have attitude - you push ppl so I'm gonna push you! Just 1 today!!!!!
hahahah, I love that you've taken over being hateful to Mike for me while I'be been in the dumps. Don't worry though, we can tag team it when I start feeling even better.
Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Tori ... So glad to hear that you made it through the day and things are starting to feel more normal for you.
I'm getting there. A little bit better every day. Thanks!!!
Originally Posted by canary52
I have fibromyalgia. A fibro flare is when the symptoms get bad, due to stress, weather, diet, who knows what else?
Not sure if I've told you or not, but my mom also suffers with Fibro....among other things. So, while I don't know first hand how it is, I can empathize with you having had to help her. My heart definitely goes out to you!
Old 03-28-2012, 08:05 AM
FitDay Member

Tuesday:

1. One hour of "Me Time" every afternoon. Yes, Kind of...
2. Calories at or below 1200. 1191, 1067
3. Weigh daily. No, kind of afraid to. Yes
4. Water bottle with at all times. Yes, Yes
5. No bread, cheese or butter, etc. None, None
6. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes
7. NO MORE FAST FOOD!!! None, None
8. Hike or walk 3 times this week. 0 (weather not cooperating), weather still sucks...

It's been another crazy week... Just a word to all of you that have small children... when they get to high school and join a club or a sport, YOU ALSO join a club or a sport- UUGGHH!!!! Pulled a very late-nighter trying to get last minute deadlines done with daughter.

Tori,
What's going on, Sweetie? Sorry to be out of the loop. You're strong, confident and smart... sounds like things are starting to look up and move in the right direction. Just keep swimming and it will all work out, I promise.

Cassie,
Great job working through your goals while you're under the weather. I just started to feel better myself. I wasn't able do do much with cold meds either, other than at night when it didn't matter if I was loopy or not! lol

Luv and Ama,
YES! I found the keys... well, actually daughter did... they were hers. I was mad and frustrated because they have a very pricey electronic key fob and anti-theft chip that make them incredibly expensive to replace. (Been there, done that once before...lol.) It was about to rain and I was afraid that they'd be ruined if they got wet.

April,
Your measurements are astounding! What a wonderful accomplishment! I remember when I was losing my weight, I was always blown away by how my measurements changed, even though it was hard to tell by sight. I really encourage everyone to use the measurement features on fitday... you'll be surprised at what you have accomplished... even when the scale is being stubborn.

Terri!
What a man! He sounds so sweet! He actually sounds a lot like my husband... He tries so hard to keep a secret, but he's not very good at it, either! lol Looks like the door has been opened to do a little "window shopping" for rings!

Mike,
NO, buying a bike from a salesman to help him make his sales goal does NOT count as a random act of kindness!!!
lol
Old 03-28-2012, 08:11 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Tori,
What's going on, Sweetie? Sorry to be out of the loop. You're strong, confident and smart... sounds like things are starting to look up and move in the right direction. Just keep swimming and it will all work out, I promise.
a LOT of crap has been going on here at home. Threw me for a loop to say the least. In fact, I was told that I was "flipping the f*** out". Things are starting to swing in the direction of normal, just gonna take some time.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Mike, know you'll make the right decision on your bike (Look, I already called it "your" bike, lol). I am a sucker for 0% financing. Which reminds me, it's probably time I started car-shopping, or at least looking.
Me too, I may just cave in and do it. I'll let y'all know saturday.

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
any good Southern man should hold doors open no matter what. it's not considered a RAK, just bein politeI'm sure to have more bad days in the coming months, but for the time being.....hahahah, I love that you've taken over being hateful to Mike for me while I'be been in the dumps. Don't worry though, we can tag team it when I start feeling even better.
Thank you, I do hold doors and do other nice things, I just don't count them b/c that's how we roll in the south. Tag team?

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Tuesday:

1. One hour of "Me Time" every afternoon. Yes, Kind of...
2. Calories at or below 1200. 1191, 1067
3. Weigh daily. No, kind of afraid to. Yes
4. Water bottle with at all times. Yes, Yes
5. No bread, cheese or butter, etc. None, None
6. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes
7. NO MORE FAST FOOD!!! None, None
8. Hike or walk 3 times this week. 0 (weather not cooperating), weather still sucks...

Mike,
NO, buying a bike from a salesman to help him make his sales goal does NOT count as a random act of kindness!!!
lol
You're off to a great start. If I buy the bike, I won't count it as a random act of kindness.

a LOT of crap has been going on here at home. Threw me for a loop to say the least. In fact, I was told that I was "flipping the f*** out". Things are starting to swing in the direction of normal, just gonna take some time.
Maybe there's a reason why you were told that you were flipping out??
Old 03-28-2012, 08:39 AM
FitDay Member

If there's anything I can do, let me know.

quinn
Old 03-28-2012, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator

If, and that's a big if I get a bike Saturday it will be a 2011 because that's what they have the deals on right now.

So it'll either be Blue

or Black

Old 03-28-2012, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

crap I forgot to resize, headed to the gym now, sorry ladies.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

Um hello....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.