Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/26/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/26/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/26/12

Old 03-26-2012, 07:02 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Jho82
I'm just making stuff up now.... what does everybody else do to relieve stress????
Exercise, on days I'm behaving. Call a friend and go out for a (healthy) lunch. Try to focus on what I'm thankful for. Remind myself it's only temporary.

Terri, I knew they would be banging down your door soon for employment. I'm glad to hear you have some prospects in the works.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:20 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
the week is not off to a very good start. I've already screwed at least 3 of my goals for the day. where's that hole when I wanna crawl into it???
Are you counting one goal twice??

Originally Posted by Jho82
Tori - I've got red in mine already too! Don't get discouraged:

- Yell at Mike

I hit my auto goal today, as far as premium. I ended up writing a home a auto from a referral that I wrote last week. Yay me.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:41 AM
FitDay Member

I'm waddling back in. Again. Up my normal 3-4lbs after TOTM again. So this week will be about taking that back off. I know I dropped off over the weekend (again) but I didn't go all crazy and eat everything in sight or anything. I was on my feet from 4am-2:30pm Saturday. Then from about 9am-3:30pm Sunday. That is what doing housework, running the carpet scrubber, folding laundry (standing) and cleaning out the inside of a camper will do to ya! I felt entitled to eat a little bit of junk last night even though I knew I didn't need it, I was starving hungry. Probably from all the activity of the two days. So on to my goals...

Health / Fitness ...
1. 100 oz water daily
2. Shred 5 days this week (weekend will probably be off) M: Yes,
3. No Diet Coke (lent)
4. No salt added to my plate
5. Walk on lunch - 10miles again this week would be awesome M: 36min - 2miles,
6. Carbs under 50%
7. Watch Level 3 of 30 Day Shred so I know what I'm in for.
8. Weigh and post it daily M: 263.4lbs, Weight change so far this week:

Life Goals ...
1. Read something for 1/2 hr a day not on the internet (I am going to get this!)
2. Take dogs for a walk at least once (gotta get them ready for camping this summer and Chloe is a tornado on a leash)
3. Scrub the insides of the camper canvases
4. Put curtains back up in camper
5. Rug scrubber family room (weekend)
6. Laundry every day
7. If I am tired, go to sleep instead of bobbing my head while trying to stay awake

A customer made a wonderful comment today. It went like this:
Her: "Did you do something different with your hair? A new cut or color?"
Me: "Nope"
Her: "Your face looks different. Have you lost weight?"
Me: "Yes"
Her: "I knew it was something! You look so pretty! You are absolutely glowing!"

I was just happy that the glow wasn't meaning she was going to ask if I was pregnant!!! LOL

Tori ... I am so glad that you are back. Don't worry about a little red in your report. It's very hard to stay strict with yourself when you are going through something. Please don't feel that you can't cry. I'm sure there are more appropriate times, but crying is a wonderful stress reliever.

Cassie ... I hope you are okay this week. You mentioned that you are sick.

Hope ... I love that your DD had the cast all over for a party. That is huge! ... You have great goals this week.

Mike ... Three acts of kindness? That's quite a bit!

Nobe ... I hope you don't kill your soon to be ex-boss today! Orange isn't a very flattering color!

Luv ... I love that hula-hooper!

Tunnrida ... I hope your stomache ache clears up. I'm wondering the same thing, is it acid from not eating bread?

Jho82 ... It's hard to wake early when everyone else is still asleep. I was up at 5:30 this morning to do my DVD before getting ready for work and waking everyone else up. I much prefer getting up at 4 and making hubby's lunch, sending him to work at 5 and then working out. It's easier knowing someone else is awake and suffering with me!! LOL

Quinn ... You are definitely worth it! Time for some 'you' time!

Mern ... I need to work on portion sizes too. ... I have recently fell in love with strawberries. I had a serious issue walking away from some at the grocery store the other night because they weren't in my budget. They were so plump and red and I bet they were juicy too. I'm getting them Wednesday though to make my oldest son's birthday cake. He wants angel food cake with cool whip & strawberries. Yum! I'm debating if I want to try to go sugar free on the cake or not. Other people will have to eat it too.

Mai ... How is your P90X going? I'm almost ready for level three of the 30 day shred with jillian. Two more days of level two.

Terri ... I hope your sister adjusts to her new meds. ... Wow! That is a lot of interviews. I hope that whichever one is the best fit for you is the one to offer you a position.

Ama ... I love you awesome hubby goal! They all need to hear that sometimes!
Old 03-26-2012, 08:22 AM
FitDay Member

Hi All!

First off thank you mike for the PM checking on me

I have been super busy and felt like i wasn't really contributing but just taking in the good from all of you and felt bad so I stopped checking in. But I am hoping to get a little bit of balance back in my life this week.

The last week was a disaster as far as goals. I not only fell off the wagon but I think it ran me over. lol. I was helping teach a deep diving class so my schedule was tossed out the window. Food was a lot of restaurants and bad stuff. But It's a new week, so I'm going to keep it simple:

1) Calories 1600
2) 2-3 hours cardio
3) lift 3-4 x week
4) Water lots and lots of water 80oz+
5) Meditation...at least once. This is new for me but hoping it will help settle some nerves.

A quick update on me. I am doing good. We did a couple of practice dives the past two weeks. The last was to 410 feet where we completed an emergency drill. It was soooo cold. Colder that the water in florida is supposed to be We are still moving forward for the big dive in May. More and more people are finding out about it and talking to me about it. Which is making it become more real. And a little stressful at the same time.

I will try to rad and catch up with everyone tonight. Gotta hit the gym now before i find an excuse not to go.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by kimbur96
Hi All!

First off thank you mike for the PM checking on me

I have been super busy and felt like i wasn't really contributing but just taking in the good from all of you and felt bad so I stopped checking in. But I am hoping to get a little bit of balance back in my life this week.

The last week was a disaster as far as goals. I not only fell off the wagon but I think it ran me over. lol. I was helping teach a deep diving class so my schedule was tossed out the window. Food was a lot of restaurants and bad stuff. But It's a new week, so I'm going to keep it simple:

1) Calories 1600
2) 2-3 hours cardio
3) lift 3-4 x week
4) Water lots and lots of water 80oz+
5) Meditation...at least once. This is new for me but hoping it will help settle some nerves.

A quick update on me. I am doing good. We did a couple of practice dives the past two weeks. The last was to 410 feet where we completed an emergency drill. It was soooo cold. Colder that the water in florida is supposed to be We are still moving forward for the big dive in May. More and more people are finding out about it and talking to me about it. Which is making it become more real. And a little stressful at the same time.

I will try to read and catch up with everyone tonight. Gotta hit the gym now before i find an excuse not to go.
We all have been run over by the wagon, it hurts when its loaded down with everyone that is in it. 410' is DEEP, and new pics or videos? Good mindset on the workout!
Old 03-26-2012, 10:28 AM
FitDay Member

April - I think I stopped breathing when you said you like to get up at 5am! WHAT!? I'm battling to get up by 8 - even though my alarm goes off at 630 and again at 640.... I think I'm going to have a big reality check when I go back to work! Isn't it amazing how much cleaning you do when you are motivated (as I'm sure you are eager to get out camping!)!

No RAK's today Mike?! Monday is almost over!
Old 03-26-2012, 10:30 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Tunnrider, I hope your tummy feels better!!!
After I drank herbal tea I was so much better that the rest of the day I normally consumed food
Old 03-26-2012, 10:33 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by amalthea1892
To destress I grab a good mystery novel and a glass of wine. My brain does not shut-off with meditation, yoga, or massage, so distraction and diversion are my go-to options. Also drawing/painting are good distractions. If I can get into that right-brain mode reality ceases to exist for a period of time. But not a good idea if DS is around (hence the black marking pen all over my couch incident while I was not paying attention...).

Tori - I hope you feel better soon.
Jho- Thanks for the ideas!

Ama
Ama - I do that too!! I can't believe it wasn't on my list! I had hubby put in a deep soaker tub for me in the master bath - I'm sure gonna miss that when we move! I'm into the romance novels right - I like to really get into a series with reoccurring characters!
Old 03-26-2012, 10:33 AM
FitDay Member

Mai, well you can put the Vitnamese food behind you and start fresh.

Luv, I didn't notice you spelled your word differently from how you wanted to. I read it to mean "bad attitude"--looked OK to me. LOL I surely do welcome the new week--gotta launder the baked beans out of my shirt, though. (just kidding) It certainly does take a lot of time and effort to change habits. But it's all worth it. Wow, it's wonderful the way you mome educate your kids. You certainly do give it your all! Great that your older DD enjoys being more adult-like.

Mike, we all know you're one of the good guys. I hope you can reward yourself with the bike soon. I SORT of have my meal plan figured out and SORT of not. I baked some chicken thighs ahead for snacks and lunches, but couldn't figure out what to have for dinner tonight and I feel lazy, so may just eat a thigh and a salad. DH can eat chicken and some leftover spaghetti and a salad. Hey, congrats on reaching your auto policy goal!

Ama, that's great that you only have 8 lbs. to go to a great new swimsuit! We're all cheering you on!

Tori, you can do it. Just start fresh again with this post if you haven't restarted already. It's hard sometimes--you're not alone. Big hug to ya!

Terri, I'm sure it was frustrating when you found you'd been kept out of the loop with your sister's illness. Glad you know your family just didn't want to worry you. Did you tell them, then, that you prefer to know in the future and did they agree to keep you posted? Best to you on all your goals this week, too.

Jho, wow, those were great ideas on stress relief that you posted to Tori! Mine is not very original--I fix myself a nice hot cup of tea and play Scrabble on the computer or if I'm upset with family I go for a drive alone.

April, why were you up and working at 4AM???? With all that heavy work you did, I'll bet that bit of junk food did you no harm. Nice goals! And what a nice compliment. You and I think alike--when I read the word "glowing" I thought the same thing. LOL OMG, my mouth was watering over reading about the angel food cake, strawberries, and Cool Whip. Mike suggested that to me last year and I did find a sugar free angel food cake at Meijer. And it tasted as if it were made with regular sugar.

KIM! You are welcome here any time whether you have time to participate in group discussions or not. I'm glad Mike went to find you! Aw, we all fall off the wagon from time to time--it's getting back on each time that counts. Thanks for updating us on your dive practice. Ooh, must be awful being in water so cold. Any way to compensate for that? Golly, always put your exercise ahead of catching up--it's darned near impossible to keep up with this group's yackiness! LOL

Last edited by Mern; 03-26-2012 at 10:39 AM.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Tunnrida, is the stomach pain associated with the lack of bread? Like does the bread help absorb excess stomach acid or something? Feel better soon! If you mentioned it before, I'm sorry I missed it: you converse like an American. If non-Croation, what do you do there?
I do not know of which I am hurt, but after tea I was better
So I'm still eating normal
Croatian is my native language but I try to use English / American spoken more possible, because I am a lot on international websites.

I didn't understand this part of the question "what do you do there?"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.