Its day 2 of the weekendwarriors and .....well I'm kinda hungry! I can't break today!!! My son was up early (615am) so I'm pretty sure there will be 2 breakfasts this morning! Just had some whole wheat toast - I think I'm going to try the egg and oatmeal in a cup thing - sounds disgusting and good at the same time! I think I'll leave out the yolk though and just get some good protein out of the whites. I need more protein in my life (I've given up on romance LOL)!! I'm going to try to come up with some new goals for next week.
Nobe – your post made me LOL!! You sound super excited and I was excited for you! That’s amazing!!
Lizzie – I don’t think we’ve met…?? HI! You tried to sneak in to catch up with these “Chatty McChatters!!”? Hope to see you around next week!
Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!
1. Drink min 64oz of WATER!! Y, Y, Y, Y, Y, Y
2. Wake up early before my monsters wake up! ****** N, N, N, Y, N, N, N.....ooops
3. PM workout Mon/Wed/Fri!! Y, Y(bonus workout1), Zumba, Y(bonus workout2), Y, Y(bonus workout3)...yeah baby
4. Min 50 crunches/day! Y, Y, N, Y, Y, Y
5. Log ALL food - no cheating or snacking on junk! Y,Y,Y, Y, Y, Y
6. Calories below 1300/day! N:1411, Y:1241, Y:1028, Y:1143, Y:1283, Y:1292
7. Don't crash and burn on the weekend! ******* Fri: sofarsogood, Sat: goin strong! Sun: hoping to make it thru!
1. Sell it. no
2. Sell it. no
3. Clean it. A little..
4. Sell it. NO
5. No dishes in sink before bed / counters cleared! Almost – feels good waking up to a completely clean kitchen – I will keep it as a goal to remind me!
1. Do fun activity/craft with kids min 1 hr/day! Epic fail!!! I really need to work on this one! We need a more stable routine around here!
2. Convince Braydon that Veggies are good! Besides smuggling the veggies into Braydons oatmeal, he just doesn’t like them! More smoothie smuggling next week! haha
3. Work on Makenna's walking! She just won’t let go!! She is practically running with her walker but won't let go of the handles!!!!
4. Encourage hubby to workout! Getting frustrated – his heart is just not into it….YET!!! I will continue to try… we worked out once this week together – I’m not even sure he is doing his situps….
Glad to see fellow warriors along for the journey! Lizzie, hope you've been doing well!
Nobe, I'm glad you found your 16s too big. We have an old theme on here as to how horrible the dressing room experience can be; I personally just about had a meltdown in an ON a couple years ago. I hope you mindset stayed strong whatever comments your mom decided to come up with.
Jho, way to be a WW . You and I both need to make it through today clear. This is the closest I've been to having a good, tight week since the holidays ! I am not going to blow it on the last day.
I am slacking on the exercise, sadly; I could say it's being sick and busy, but that's an excuse. Will try to double up today and get five in total. I had a remarkably productive evening Friday and also all day yesterday; my to-do list is a mile long but getting methodically slayed. Hopefully this will be another full day; have a great one, everybody!
1. Calories no more than 1300. 1249, and 150 of that is cough drops, vitamin C, and cough syrup , 1235, 1490, 1209, 1333, 1281
2. Follow my pie chart rules. Yes, Perfect today!, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Sleep 7 hours a night, melatonin if I have to. Yes, Yes, Yes, Nope , Yes, Yes: 8.5, baby!
4. Exercise 6 days (hope I can get this; I'm sick right now). One, Two, Three
5. Fluids all day long. Yes, Yes, Medium, Medium, Medium, Medium
6. No white sugar/flour (note to self: this means frozen yogurt). Totally forgot; had half a fortune cookie, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
7. Deal with insurance company provider issues.Done all I can till I receive some responses
8. Reorganize/file in home office. Not yet
9. Clean basement (weekend goal). Not yet
10. Take the boy shopping (weekend goal). Postpone till week...spring break
And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.
Last edited by cjohnson728; 04-01-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Cassie - Good luck on the double workout!!!!!!!! I feel like I live on Fitday... If I'm logging in here it means I'm not eating junk!!
I should not feel this stressed out to get on the scale tomorrow .... I've been working hard, meeting my goals and I feel great. I know I need to tweak my food a little bit and concentrate on more protein but I think If I don't weigh in I may go nuts - even 1/2 a lb would be enough to satisfy my brain into knowing I'm going in the right direction!
I was going to give myself a break today but I think I need to hop on the Elliptical just to work out some of this stress - my rational is that if I don't get on today, and the scale is up - I will blame myself for not getting on that one day! Its so weird - its like I'm addicted to working out.... I guess thats good... hubby is somewhat encouraging but I almost felt like he was mad at me for going to workout for half an hour yesterday - he looked at me with a face that said "really? your going to workout again" like I was inconveniencing him... Maybe he is a little jealous that I am on the wagon and he hasn't had the guts to hop on with me?? (I'm being such a women overanalyzing again!- sorry)
Starting: 178 lbs - 06/15/2013
Current : 176.5 lbs - 06/26/2013
Mini Goal #1: 170 lbs
Ultimate Goal: 140 lbs
**"Stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--It's when things seem the worst that you must not quit." **
I used Cassie's 10 minute rule and changed it to 15: 10 minutes slow walkignon treadmill, 5 on elliptical. I realize I cannot do anywhere near the exercise I wouls like to do without causign a flare so I have to be happy with just doing something, anything, and trying to build myself up to more.
Thanks, Cassie for the incentive. Good luck with your double.
I am SUPER BUSY this morning so I will check in properly with Saturday/Sunday numbers later. But I had to report!!
I hopped on the scale this morning (I normally don't weigh Sundays, but it's for the April Fool's 10% challenge) and I saw 156.1!!!
I hopped on and off about ten times in disbelief but the number was rock solid and not even fluctuating around.l
This plateau is breaking. I can feel it. I've actually been super-sore this entire week but it hasn't been reflective on the scale (Usually when I'm sore for real, from workouts or whatever, the numbers skyrocket from inflammation) so I've been telling myself that my body is howling in protest of giving up the weight it's grown so comfortable in. In telling myself that it's been really motivating in a me-against-my-fat kind of way, lol, and it's made me be really accountable. 155 is coming up soon, and I am now at a BMI of 25.98, so I'm officially less than 1 BMI count away from that healthy weight (which I hit officially at 150.2)
When I hit 155 I told myself I'd consider this plateau officially over. I am COMING for you 155! Do you HEAR ME?! You can howl and scream all you want, muscles and fat, but you're not stopping me!!!!
Female, 30 years old, 5'4 1/2" tall
Starting weight 1/4/11 = 215.2 lbs.
Weight 5/19/14 = 179.6 (net: -35.6)
Current mini-goal: 175 lbs.
Lowest weight: 156.7 lbs.
150.2 lbs. <--- Official "Healthy BMI" weight
Estimated final goal: 130-140 lbs.
"You don't have to change your life today. You only need to change your day today."
1)Walk 3 x -No, NO If I feel better will have to aim for this, Yes short walk, No, No (wanted to but had doctor's appointment), NO
2) gym 3 x - Yes, NO If I feel better, will have to not even try 3 lb weights, No,No, yes
3) 1650 per day (plus one cheat) No (over 2000) No (over 2000) No, No, Yes, 1458
4) 6 glasses of water -8, 9, 9, ?, 7, 6
5) meditate- NO, NO, Yes,[COLOR="red"] No[/color], Yes, No
6) write one hour per day -YES broke my block!!! writing class + writing at home so Y, Yes, NO, Yes, No
7) return books to library ( surely I can do that? My name is not Shirley - remember from the movie Airplane?)- YES, DONE, brought more stuff in8) STAY POSITIVE _YES, YES, YES, YES, Yes, Yes
9) 3 servings of veg minimum- YES, NO, YES, NO, Yes, Yes
10) be a stretchy mama -YES, NO, YES, YES, Yes, Meh
Congrats Terri!!! I know you're gonna nail 155. I know it!!!!
As for me, I am too much in the red but watch out next week!!! I'm gonna nail it!! (tho Passover is gonna be tough)
Nobe....cheer up buttercup! You are doing amazing - I hope you have some positive support in your life because your mom sure is not very positive. I know she is your mom but if that was my mom.... yeah I don't know what I would do in that situation!! Thats hard!
I found this last night - I think everyone should read it!!
"When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all up hill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.
Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about
When he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don't give up though the pace seems slow--
You may succeed with another blow,
Success is failure turned inside out--
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit."
I am stealing this for my facebook status today. I know just the friend on there who could use it. And I can too
__________________ April - 35yr 5'10" mom of two teen boys
Sorry I'm not here posting, just wanted to pop in and say that I am not slacking either. Yesterday was spent running errands until about 2pm. Then moving all the family room furniture to one side so I could rug scrub. Moving it back then moving all the dining room furniture to that side so I could rug scrub. Doing about 4 loads of laundry as well. And going to the inlaws for about an hour in between room swaps. Today will be whole house cleaning including 3 bathrooms! and mopping all the linoleums and vacuuming all the carpets. And oh yeah about 3-4 more loads of laundry. Baking an angel food cake and peeling & boiling about 5 lbs of potatoes for hubby to make his famous potato salad. My dad is coming tomorrow - tuesday so we are having a week early bday party for my soon to be 15 yr old son! I'm getting old if he is gonna be that old!!!!
Well, I'm off to get some stuff done. Oh and according to this morning's scale I am 257.2lbs. That is after Chinese for lunch yesterday and an apple dumpling (but that is all I ate all day besides popsicles LOL) So tomorrow is my day of sig updating, we'll see if it holds! ***fingers crossed***
__________________ April - 35yr 5'10" mom of two teen boys
I feel like I live on Fitday... If I'm logging in here it means I'm not eating junk!!
This is totally me, too. I will jump on and post random stuff just to get my head where it needs to be!
I think maybe your hubby does have some guilt/inferiority/jealous feelings about knowing that you're exercising. He may also not be crazy about change...even good change can be stressful and by getting healthy and taking time for yourself, you're changing the way things happen around the house. Seems like it takes spouses a while to get used to it. It is much, much easier when they're on board, so hope he gets there soon!
Speaking of spouses, just got back from a 5-mile trail walk with mine. His ankles suck so I didn't take him up the mountain, but I'm counting it as one exercise down so far today.
Hope, hang in there...Monday's coming and you are going to knock it out next week. You go, girl!
Terri, how stoked are you!?! Sooo happy you got that drop . Keep up the great work!
Off to make some granola bars...the guys depleted my stash . I will definitely be back soon.
And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.