Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/26/12

Old 03-31-2012, 06:39 AM
Super Moderator

Sorry if I miss anyone! My brain is a little scattered.

quinn: Awesome job on the 2 lbs!!!!

Mike: Bike looks awesome, I love your plan to needle the stupid salesman who tried to swindle you

Katy: Take care of yourself and your father. I will be sending you my thoughts. You have your priorities right, don't worry, do what you need to do.

kimbur: Boo on the infection!!! I hope you're feeling better soon, take care of yourself.

Tori: I'll remember that about perfume. Spraying it directly on rather than in the air -- it's not my skin with the reactions, it's my nose. The perfumes just get right up in me, anything with a scent at all (except, I've found, very light vanilla scents. Those are okay.)

nobe: I went through what you're going through, and it's a really tough mental barrier to cross. All I can say to you - and what worked for me - is to take every single opportunity to note your progress. Maybe your jeans size hasn't changed, but perhaps you can buy smaller tops, or maybe you can find a different style of jeans you'd never try on before that looks good now. Maybe taking measurements will show you that inches ARE going away. Look at how far you have come, not how much farther you have to go. It's a hard thing to do. And next time your Mom says something about how much farther you have to go, just smile and tell her "Funny, you're not looking any younger either, so maybe we should both start focusing on the positive, hmm?" (Okay, I'm being harsh, haha!)

Seriously, you are doing amazing. Make a list of all your accomplishments and it's sure to make you smile.

Weekly Goals

Health, Exercise and Lifestyle Goals
1) Calories under 1500 every day. Log and post average. M: 1,408 T: 1,233 W: 1,423 Th: 1,329 F: 1,345 (Average: 1,348)
2) Exercise M, W, F, Sat for at least 45 minutes per session. Extra is awesome M: 52 minutes, Zumba W: 45 minutes Zumba (Strength & Tone) F: 46 minutes, Zumba Cardio party
3) Calorie deficit of at least 3,500 M: -1,094 T: -564 W: -902 Th: -468 F: -969 (Total: -3,997)
4) 80+ oz. of water per day M: 80 T: 68? W: 88 Th: 64 F: 72
5) Multivitamin Daily M: forgot T: forgot again W: yes! Th: yes F: forgot
6) In bed by 11:30 every night. There are no excuses!!!! M: Nope T: yes W: yes Th: No F: yes
7) Protein average 25-30% M: 24% T: 24% W: 27% Th: 18% F: 28% (Average: 24%)
8) One cup of green tea a day M: forgot T: I brewed the cup and promptly fell asleep before drinking it... W: yes Th: Teapot broke F: no
9) Weigh in M, W, F and report here. M: 159.1 W: 157.8 F: 157.4... I'll take it!

Other Goals
1) Make an effort on my appearance every day M: no makeup T: yes W: yes Th: yes F: yes
2) Call grandmother M: no T: yes! W: yes Th: No F: No
3) Check up on sister M: yes, will do again T: No W: a little Th: No F: yes, via several texts

Daily Other Goals:
Monday
1) Get in application to MM M: no; stalled (will do later this week, need clarification)
2) 1/3-1/2 of lecture DONE M: 1/3 done
3) E-mail DCC/AT about Friday visit M: yes
4) Clean kitchen M: halfway

Tuesday
1) LECTURE DONE I decided to re-work it, so no, but I'm much happier with the format. It will get done!!!
2) At least 3 hours on HPLC No, due to above
3) Clean living room and kitchen BF is going to do it on his day off (so he says) so I delayed it

Wednesday
1) Review lecture Continued working on it. It's about 80% done now and I love it
2) Laundry night/clothes to goodwill Totally forgot! Will do tonight.

Thursday
1) Clean bedroom BF already did it. I did all the laundry. It all got washed and dried - folded and put away, not so much. I'll do it tonight after I run some errands. Also got my lecture done by noon on Thursday and delivered it Thurs. evening.

Friday
1) Make sure all follow-ups completed Yep
2) Check plant/refill if necessary Refilled!

I'm not feeling super-chatty today. I have a LOT on my mind and I just kind of need to sort it out one by one. I'm healthy and everything is well, it's just job stuff But I've always been the sort that really needs to sit and think and hash things out - I've never been one to come to quick decisions or even quick delierations - so I need to do what comes naturally to me and let it simmer for a bit.

I tried FF cottage cheese this morning. It was fine when mixed with stuff, but by itself I must admit I found it kind of vile >.> It also upset my stomach. Maybe I should try LF! I'd like to add it in due to the great protein, I just need to figure it out.

Haven't worked out yet today. Been wanting to just sort of curl up and let myself simmer, but I need to get up, get dressed, get work done and not think so openly. I'll do what needs done.

~Terri
Old 03-31-2012, 07:50 AM
FitDay Member

Terri-I whole heartedly agree that FF cottage cheese is of the devil himself. I normally eat Breakstone's LF cottage for breakfast, like you, for the protein. Some mornings I'll add some granola for the crunch, other times not. Good luck finding what works for you.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:19 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks, guys. I'm feeling better now (by not thinking about it!).

Jho - Trust me, I've tried everything, from yelling at her to calmly explaining why she's being hurtful. I just get "I'm only saying it because I'm your mom and I love you" in return. So I just try to ignore it.

Terri - I took measurements last month and this month and I've lost 1.25 inches off my hips, which is good to see, but doesn't make much difference on my pants. I have all different sizes of 16's, though, like I said, so I'm trying to take going from big 16's to small 16's as an accomplishment. I put away the big ones last month and got out some of the small ones this month. I guess next month I can work on putting the medium ones away and wearing small 16's and big 14's, haha. Why can't there be standard sizing?!?! Even in the same brand and style of jeans, just a different wash, I have two big ones and a medium one.

When I'm able to put the medium 16's away, I'll treat myself by sending the big ones to Goodwill
Old 03-31-2012, 08:21 AM
FitDay Member

Oh, and I bought the FF cottage cheese once. It was revolting. I felt like I was eating margarine or something. Even the 2% is too much for me. 1% is delicious, though.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

Terri, thanks. I went up there today with my GF and parked the bike right out front so he could see me drive off.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:18 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by nobe
Oh, and I bought the FF cottage cheese once. It was revolting. I felt like I was eating margarine or something. Even the 2% is too much for me. 1% is delicious, though.
What does FF stand for... full fat, or fat free? I stick with the 2% which is pretty yummy - and it is the only CC at the store in individual 90cal serving cups. I think it has too much salt though... I am still struggling with the salt thing, and the scale is swinging away after each and every french fry..
Old 03-31-2012, 01:36 PM
FitDay Member

The end of weeks are always so tough! I do great with my cals when at work (usually M-W) because there is no daytime influence from either the hubby or the fridge. Friday was doughnut day again at work... I rarely work Fridays but had to because of workload... so I decided to go ahead and get one as it was about to be a super busy day and I was so hungry when I got to work. At least I picked the smallest little cake doughnut in the box.. no icing, no filling, no sprinkles. Rather bland but I did not feel that sugar rush followed by a big crash an hour later, so that is something at least! Then I went to the gym and had a really great workout, followed by take-out Thai food, which put me back a notch again. Oh, but I LOVE Thai food. I think I was born in the wrong part of the world... Korean food, followed by Thai, then Japanese... I make my own kim chee so the spices are just right... Oh good lord I am on a rant... I wonder if there are left-overs in the fridge...

Scale went up again this morning, but I am holding out hope that it was the salty Thai food binge...

I don't think I'll go back and find my goals to repost - just looking forward to starting a new list Monday. And revising my Pact list to be more realistic!

Ama
Old 03-31-2012, 03:20 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by amalthea1892
What does FF stand for... full fat, or fat free? I stick with the 2% which is pretty yummy - and it is the only CC at the store in individual 90cal serving cups. I think it has too much salt though... I am still struggling with the salt thing, and the scale is swinging away after each and every french fry..
I was assuming full fat, but if it's fat free, well...I mean the opposite
Old 03-31-2012, 03:28 PM
FitDay Member

1) 1,650 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,650) - 1780, 1499, 1367, 1496, 1667 (I'm counting it as green), 2440 (guilt free day!)
2) walk for 1 hour, lift weights for 1/2 hour at least 5 days per week - no, yes, 1/2 walk/yes, 1/2 walk/yes, yes/no, yes/no
3) 20% protein minimum - 19%, 24%, 16%, 24%, 20%, 22%
4) 72oz water minimum - 72oz, 72oz, 72oz, 72oz, 56oz, 64oz
5) calorie deficit at least 600 - 725, 840, 890, 804, 610, +163!

6) finish my resume - no, no, no, no, no, no
7) get a definite plan for the house painting job I'm doing for my friend done
8) keep my spending log up to date - no, yes, yes, yes, yes, no

Ended up having Chinese food for dinner. I had mostly meat and veggies and laid off the chow mein, but it is still, as far as I can tell, a buttload of calories. And now I'm having a Chinese food coma and there's no way I'm lifting weights. It's time to go lay on the couch and hope there's some cheesy true crime story on TLC.

BUT! At Old Navy, all the size 16 pants I tried on were gigantic. The 14's went on but were unflattering, so I'm assuming either I can no longer wear pants, or it won't be long before the 14's look good. Wahoo! It means I didn't buy any pants, but I got about 5 shirts that are dressier than what I normally wear, so I don't have to feel like a schlep every day.

Off to lie down and try to digest all the sugar and oil...
Old 03-31-2012, 10:20 PM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone, I am slipping in stealthily at the end of the week to try to catch up before tomorrow when I will be back.
I have been skimming the posts but can't possibly remember all the things I wanted to say but kept getting side tracked.

Tori. Hope things are getting better with you, you come across as a feisty and strong lady with a soft and caring centre, so don't let the Bs drag you down. Hope you picked up something good at the flea markets ( nothing that makes you scratch)

Terri. Great news. Such a schedule you have for these interviews, Keep Calm and Carry On as they say. Best of Irish luck to you, I hope you get your hearts desire in one of these jobs.

Katy. My thoughts are with you as with all who are going through difficult times.

Mike. Great buy. I bumped into an old friend last week and we were talking about our biking days, she still has a Triumph and her hubby a Harley and she has asked me to go to a rally with them in August, it's all making me a bit twitchy about spending some of my hard earned cash on a new bike. My problem is it gets so cold and wet here and I cannot bear being really cold so my biking days are restricted and I don't have anywhere to keep the bike so it gets rusty no matter how I look after it. However she has said that if I check with my insurance and it covers me she possibly could get me a bike on lend for the rally. Watch this space.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.