Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/26/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/26/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/26/12

Old 03-30-2012, 05:28 PM
FitDay Member

k....it's late, and I'm tired. going to bed now so I can spend all day at the flea market and jockey lot. how sad is it that I'm EXCITED to go spend the day browsing the flea markets????
Old 03-30-2012, 07:15 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
k....it's late, and I'm tired. going to bed now so I can spend all day at the flea market and jockey lot. how sad is it that I'm EXCITED to go spend the day browsing the flea markets????
I hope you can find some good fleas.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:12 AM
Super Moderator

Beats working .

Heck, I'm kind of excited to have a day to clean out the basement and the bonus room. After these past 8-9 weekends of having commitments, this is actually a relief!

Jho, of course you can be a Weekend Warrior! Basically all I mean by that is to stick around and post, make a good effort on goals (best you can) and keep it positive.

Katy, I'm so sorry. I've been in a similar position (different diagnosis, though) and I know you must be hurting. You will find the strength to get you through this, probably in no small part because your dad taught you to be strong. Let people know what you need, and take care of yourself.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:27 AM
Super Moderator

1. Calories no more than 1300. 1249, and 150 of that is cough drops, vitamin C, and cough syrup , 1235, 1490, 1209, 1333
2. Follow my pie chart rules. Yes, Perfect today!, Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Sleep 7 hours a night, melatonin if I have to. Yes, Yes, Yes, Nope , 8.5, baby!
4. Exercise 6 days (hope I can get this; I'm sick right now). One, Two, Three
5. Fluids all day long. Yes, Yes, Medium, Medium, Medium
6. No white sugar/flour (note to self: this means frozen yogurt). Totally forgot; had half a fortune cookie, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes

7. Deal with insurance company provider issues. Not yet, and another one just came up , Done all I can till I receive some responses
8. Reorganize/file in home office. Not yet
9. Clean basement (weekend goal). Not yet
10. Take the boy shopping (weekend goal). May postpone till week...spring break

Last edited by cjohnson728; 04-01-2012 at 12:28 AM.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:32 AM
FitDay Member

GOOD MORNING WARRIORS!!!!

I will be posting all day instead of eating!

Fitday (and you guys) keep me on track!!! I always seem to eat like crap when hubby is home (still trying to convince him to get on the wagon with me!!!) I'm just checking out some of the other Discussion Boards with my coffee before I get cleaning....I've been slacking all week so its a nice big disaster area in here!!
Old 03-31-2012, 04:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Jho82
I made it through Friday and I’ve decided to weigh in and measure on Monday morning…..so nervous…. The only thing I hope is that I haven’t gained weight LOL that would be my luck! I needed some incentive to “be good” this weekend so knowing I have to weigh in will hopefully keep me on track…..
and me! I keep fingers crossed for us both!
I have a free weekend, without exercise, weighing and calculating calories, no entry in the table input and spending calories.
purely for physical and psychological rest.
I look for how many portions I eat and try to move farther.

Monday to level 2 and mine schedule!
Old 03-31-2012, 04:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Looking good so far but you better get crackin' on the resume!
I know, I know, I know It was actually kind of a silly goal for this week because I don't have a lot of motivation to do it right now. After Easter I'm helping my friend paint her house, and she's paying me 1.5 times what I was making at my job. It's going to take at least 2-3 weeks (part time), and I'm getting paid in cash. So if I go job hunting now, and get a job, I'm going back on a promise to a friend and taking a pay cut. Unless I have a burst of energy this weekend, I think that one is staying red.

---

Woke up feeling discouraged today. I'll put my rant in white in case you guys don't want to read it.

I feel like I've worked so hard the past couple of months, and lost so much weight, but the fact is, I'm still fat. I still haven't gone down a size in pants. I know it's a slow process, but I just want to get out of size 16 already! I know that sizes don't mean much (and I have a whole variety of sizes of pants that say they're 16's), but I think that number is symbolic for me because so many stores only go up to 14. I just want to shop in regular stores again and not be relegated to Old Navy (nothing wrong with Old Navy, I just want to be able to shop anywhere I want). My mom's taking me clothes shopping (at ON) tonight as a belated birthday present, and I don't know what to do about it, what to buy, whether to avoid pants right now since shirts are more versatile, etc. Hopefully this time next month I won't be in 16's anymore, but who knows. My butt doesn't seem to be shrinking. I haven't gotten new clothes in forever so it might make me feel good, but I dread it at the same time. I don't want to be this size much longer. But maybe I'll fit into some bigger 14's, who knows.

Plus there's my mom involved. Ms You Don't Look Any Different To Me. Ms Sure You've Lost Weight But You Still Have A Long Way To Go. Ms Why Don't You Buy A Smaller Size As Incentive To shrink Your Giant Butt. Ugh.

I guess I've been mostly thinking really positive about the process, and proud of myself for what I've done so far, but every now and then it sneaks up on me that I'm nowhere near where I want to be. I'm only 1/4 of the way to my goal. It's a lot better than where it was two months ago, but still a drop in the bucket.

Waah waah waah, woe is me. Ok I'm done now.

I'm supposed to be going out for dinner tonight, so I'm going to use it as my guilt-free day, because I never eat at restaurants. I'm not going to go have a side salad or something just to stick to my calories. Bring on the cream sauce!
Old 03-31-2012, 04:53 AM
FitDay Member

how sad is it that I'm EXCITED to go spend the day browsing the flea markets????
How sad is it that I'm super jealous of you?
Old 03-31-2012, 04:58 AM
FitDay Member

Good idea - I will watch my portions too....especially at dinner! I normally forget my afternoon snack and get really hungry so I'll have to try to remember to eat something around 330-4pm.

I normally don't workout on the weekend but I have so much momentum right now I probably will hit the Elliptical for half hour or so. Every little bit helps! I've already worked up a sweat today cleaning up around here! I threw in my 90's CD and rocked out with Makenna while sorting laundry!
Old 03-31-2012, 05:08 AM
FitDay Member

Nobe....cheer up buttercup! You are doing amazing - I hope you have some positive support in your life because your mom sure is not very positive. I know she is your mom but if that was my mom.... yeah I don't know what I would do in that situation!! Thats hard!

I found this last night - I think everyone should read it!!

"When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all up hill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.
Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about
When he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don't give up though the pace seems slow--
You may succeed with another blow,
Success is failure turned inside out--
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.