Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/26/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/26/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/26/12

Old 03-30-2012, 04:13 AM
FitDay Member

Mern you are so funny!Yeah Lelie Neilsen died; he was so funny. Thanks for the acknowledgement of the stuff I managed to do; I'm starting over yet again today!!!

Terri, you are AWESOME; good luck with the jobs! Thanks to you and Terri for your kidn words re my fibro. I am so happy this one wasn't long!!

I do have soem weird pain in that tooth I was suppsoed to have root canal in but the good news is that DH and I are working on getting dental insurance. Hooray for Advil!!

Boo, I hope you feel better; so many people are getting sick, it seems. In my DD's drama production, they were dropping like flies. One of the girls with a big role had 104 but since she had no understudy, she went on with 101 and sang with very little voice left. Another kid in a lead role ran off stage after her part, hand clapped over her mouth - stomach bug. So I hope you are well and that "the show can go on", so to speak.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:28 AM
FitDay Member

Well, the scale Gods were kind to me this morning and I accomplished my 2 pound weight loss goal for the week. For the first time since Christmas, I'm finally making forward progress.

Just got back from doing a HUGE grocery shopping in a combination of snow and rain. I feel like a cold, wet drowned rat! The worst part is that I have to go back out to finish my errands... ugh! Spring! Where are you???

Hope,
I know exactly what you're saying about the whole college decision thing. There are so many decisions, deadlines and traps to fall into. I think we are officially done now... thank God. My husband and I spent two days last week at the college that daughter has decided on to make a final decision and to talk to various professors, etc. We sat in the dorm that she has chosen, ate in the dining hall where she'll eat and basically tried it all out. She had made her decision, but we had to make the final call and we are very happy with her decision. It's truly going to be a perfect fit for her.

My daughter applied to 5 schools, was accepted by 4 and wait-listed by one that was a HUGE long shot, clear across the country. They didn't offer her major. I think she sent her application there just to see if she could get in. But, then when she was wait-listed, even though she really had no intention of going there, she was really miffed. She said that if she gets an acceptance, she's going to hang the certificate upside down with the others on her wall in protest! LOL (She would, too.) Some schools were pretty distant, as the engineering degree that she is seeking is only offered by 3 schools within 1000 miles of us.

Her best friend was called in to interview with Harvard, believe it or not. He's such a wonderful kid... I hope he makes it. (Medical program, I believe.) The competition in her graduating class is incredible, but she has won enough in renewable scholarships, so far, to make the balance affordable. But, up until a week ago, we were still hanging in the air. Those financial aid award packages can be brutal, and I've seen some of her friends completely crushed this week. Funding for scholarships and grants has been completely gutted this year, along with private donations. What a shame. Our state offered ZERO which was a shock. A couple of years ago, they offered $4000/year, if you attended an in-state school.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:18 AM
Super Moderator

I got my bike! I'll post pics later. I posted some on Facebook.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:21 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness ...
1. 100 oz water daily M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes,
2. Shred 5 days this week (weekend will probably be off) M: Yes, T: No, W: Yes, Th: Yes, F: Yes - Level Three Baby!
3. No Diet Coke (lent) M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes,
4. No salt added to my plate M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes,
5. Walk on lunch - 10miles again this week would be awesome M: 36min - 2miles, T: 36min - 2.25miles, W: only .5 mile didn't log it but spent my usual walking time standing and catching up with friends so won't mark it red, Th: No, F: 36min - 2miles,
6. Carbs under 50% M: 50%, T: 51%, W: 43%, Th: 41%,
7. DONEWatch Level 3 of 30 Day Shred so I know what I'm in for. M: No, T: half of it, W: the other half
8. 5000 calorie deficit this week M: -1511, T: -809, W: 1464, Th: 1786, Deficit this week so far: -5570
9. Weigh and post it daily M: 263.4lbs, T: 262.2lbs, W: 259.0lbs, Th: 259.6lbs, F: 259.6lbs, Weight change so far this week: -3.8lbs

Life Goals ...
1. Read something for 1/2 hr a day not on the internet (I am going to get this!) M: Yes (finally!), T: Yes (an hour!), W: No, Th: No,
2. Take dogs for a walk at least once (gotta get them ready for camping this summer and Chloe is a tornado on a leash) M: No, T: No, W: No, Th: No,
3. Scrub the insides of the camper canvases M: DONE!!
4. Put curtains back up in camper M: DONE!!
5. Rug scrubber family room (weekend)
6. Laundry every day M: No, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes, F: Yes,
7. If I am tired, go to sleep instead of bobbing my head while trying to stay awakeM: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: No,

Went out for dinner last night to TGIFridays. I had: sizzling chicken & cheese dinner and one piece each of mozzarella cheese stick, boneless buffalo wing & loaded potato skin. It was delicious and I had my lowest calorie count of the week somehow. I did only eat half of my dinner and boxed the rest. Will probably eat it tonight. I was very shocked that my scaled didn't move either direction after eating all that sodium last night though. Must have been my reward for willpower in boxing up that half a dinner!

Have plans to move furniture and scrub the carpet of the family room side of the lower level of the house tonight after work. Tomorrow morning we have to go see the estimator because 'some dummy' ( not to point a finger....at myself ) had something in the bed of hubby's truck and pulled out too fast and broke a window. So I'm sure we will spend some time doing errands in town while we are there. Then after we get home I hope to do the dining room side of the carpet in that level (and the steps). .... We shall see if my plans work out!

I will be back later to comment.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:02 AM
FitDay Member

Location: Born in Deutschland Now I reside in the East Coast of the USA
Default Thank you.

I'm sorry! I wasn't aware many of you didn't know my name. It's Katy. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. It is looking like my father has acquired a lethal cancer. I'm staying optimistic, but seeing such a brave smart man so terrified is one of the scariest things I've ever seen. After being busy with applying to colleges, jobs, and the weight loss, it's really hard to think that already in my 18 years, I will have already lost my brother, and having it be a possibility of losing my father. I will return when I can. I just need to get away for awhile.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

Katy, take care girl. You are going through a lot right now, don't worry about us, we'll be here when you're ready to come back, now is the time to spend some good time with your dad!
Old 03-30-2012, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator

Ladies, I'm sorry I've been MIA... no I'm not. I've been out riding. I did go in to the office for a 1/2 hour and wrote a policy (I split it with my brother).
Tomorrow I plan on going to the other dealership and show that pick of a salesman my new bike.

Old 03-30-2012, 11:49 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Well, the scale Gods were kind to me this morning and I accomplished my 2 pound weight loss goal for the week. For the first time since Christmas, I'm finally making forward progress.

Just got back from doing a HUGE grocery shopping in a combination of snow and rain. I feel like a cold, wet drowned rat! The worst part is that I have to go back out to finish my errands... ugh! Spring! Where are you???

Hope,
I know exactly what you're saying about the whole college decision thing. There are so many decisions, deadlines and traps to fall into. I think we are officially done now... thank God. My husband and I spent two days last week at the college that daughter has decided on to make a final decision and to talk to various professors, etc. We sat in the dorm that she has chosen, ate in the dining hall where she'll eat and basically tried it all out. She had made her decision, but we had to make the final call and we are very happy with her decision. It's truly going to be a perfect fit for her.

My daughter applied to 5 schools, was accepted by 4 and wait-listed by one that was a HUGE long shot, clear across the country. They didn't offer her major. I think she sent her application there just to see if she could get in. But, then when she was wait-listed, even though she really had no intention of going there, she was really miffed. She said that if she gets an acceptance, she's going to hang the certificate upside down with the others on her wall in protest! LOL (She would, too.) Some schools were pretty distant, as the engineering degree that she is seeking is only offered by 3 schools within 1000 miles of us.

Her best friend was called in to interview with Harvard, believe it or not. He's such a wonderful kid... I hope he makes it. (Medical program, I believe.) The competition in her graduating class is incredible, but she has won enough in renewable scholarships, so far, to make the balance affordable. But, up until a week ago, we were still hanging in the air. Those financial aid award packages can be brutal, and I've seen some of her friends completely crushed this week. Funding for scholarships and grants has been completely gutted this year, along with private donations. What a shame. Our state offered ZERO which was a shock. A couple of years ago, they offered $4000/year, if you attended an in-state school.
Congrats on the 2 lbs!!! Good job!!! And on figuring out the school!!! It sounds like you did an amazing job, as has your DD!!! She sounds like a pistol with her response to the waitlist!!! My DD also got waitlisted and was not too happy even tho she did not want to go to that school either!!!

We are still undecided; it is between 3 and I have scheduled trips for two out of the 3 and we may take a look at the 3rd again, all very different schools in 3 different states. So this is gonna be drawn out to the last possible minute here it seems. I am also shocked the state schools offered no aid in our case as well as yours.

Good luck to your DD's Harvard friend!!! It's an accomplishment just to get an interview!!!
Old 03-30-2012, 11:53 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Ladies, I'm sorry I've been MIA... no I'm not. I've been out riding. I did go in to the office for a 1/2 hour and wrote a policy (I split it with my brother).
Tomorrow I plan on going to the other dealership and show that pick of a salesman my new bike.

Sweet bike, no wonder we haven't heard from you!!!!
Old 03-30-2012, 11:57 AM
FitDay Member

Katy, I just read your post. I am so sorry. I will be saying prayers for you and your family.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.