Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/26/12

Old 03-29-2012, 11:37 AM
FitDay Member

Sorry guys, I haven't had much time to skim, never mind reply. Stop talking so much! Haha. Thanks for the kind words, and congrats to everyone who is doing well with their goals, and sympathy to everyone who is struggling. Maybe later I will try to read at least the last few pages and catch up a bit.

Right now I am making what I hope will be a delicious (healthy!) dinner. I'm experimenting on my family, muah hahahaha! I had leftover yams from last night and didn't want to throw them out, so I'm using them for shepherd's pie - mashed yams on top, with extra lean ground turkey and veggies inside. It's kind of a take on a WW recipe I have but have never tried - but the WW version has less veggies and crap like canned soup. I didn't think about it, but it's kind of a Christmas dinner casserole. Fingers crossed that we don't all gag on it!
Old 03-29-2012, 12:06 PM
FitDay Member

Where the heck did the week go?? Just a quick check-in and then I'm going to crash on the couch and get some rest before a full day of errands tomorrow. Hope the scale is kind to me and I have one more pound off tomorrow to reach my 2 pound goal for the week.

Thursday:

1. One hour of "Me Time" every afternoon. Yes, Kind of..., No, Yes
2. Calories at or below 1200. 1191, 1067, 709 (worked through lunch), 1065 (carb-heavy)
3. Weigh daily. No, kind of afraid to. Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Water bottle with at all times. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
5. No bread, cheese or butter, etc. None, None, None, Fail
6. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
7. NO MORE FAST FOOD!!! None, None, None, None
8. Hike or walk 3 times this week. 0 (weather not cooperating), weather still sucks... No luck... rain, wind, sleet and snow all week. Walking isn't going to happen until this weekend. A nice day is ahead weather-wise Sunday... may do an all afternoon hike then to make up for this.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quick check in. I found another dealership that wanted to work a deal. I may be picking it up tomorrow. I'll post pics and details tomorrow.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

Default mydaywillcome

Ladies, mydaywillcome just sent me a PM and wanted me to let y'all know that she has to leave and may not be back for a while. A lot of it is riding on some information that she may get tomorrow with regards to an ill family member. Please keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers!
Old 03-29-2012, 02:28 PM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness
1--no more than 1400 calories--1785, 1886, 1686, 1738-dang potato chips!!!
2--workout or walk 4 times.--no, no, walked 3 miles, Cardio Burn
3--drink water--minimum of 64 oz a day--36.9, 53.8, 70.7, 101.4
4--log EVERYTHING!!!!--I haven't logged a damn thing since Tuesday evening--yes, yes, yes, yes
5--post weight daily--193.4, 195.4-a little skewed because I forgot to weigh in this morning so had to do it tonight and I'm normally up in the evenings anyway, 195.2, 193.2

Life/Home
1--wash and vacuum car on next day off--Saturday is next day off
2--make an effort on appearance--which means no Longhorns cap, makeup optional, don't live in Ponytail City (even though it's nice there)--nope, but went with the Gamecocks hat instead, no hat, but no makeup either, yes, yes
3--breathe don't cry--there were tears, yes, yes, yes
4--breathe don't cry--and snot, yes, yes, yes
5--BREATHE DON'T CRY--lots of tears and snot, yes, yes, yes

Had a good day at work. I have a management trainee, so that means I get to do a lot of nothing. Did the Cardio and then went by my cousin's to hang for a bit. Threw a load of clothes in the washer and now gonna prepare and log all my food for tomorrow. Gotta get my food in control, I've been SO bad!!!! Catch y'all tomorrow.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator

Tori, nice to see you finishing with some green.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:06 PM
FitDay Member

1) 1,650 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,650) - 1780, 1499, 1367, 1496
2) walk for 1 hour, lift weights for 1/2 hour at least 5 days per week - no, yes, 1/2 walk/yes, 1/2 walk/yes
3) 20% protein minimum - 19%, 24%, 16%, 24%
4) 72oz water minimum - 72oz, 72oz, 72oz, 72oz
5) calorie deficit at least 600 - 725, 840, 890, 804

6) finish my resume - no, no, no, no
7) get a definite plan for the house painting job I'm doing for my friend done
8) keep my spending log up to date - no, yes, yes, yes

The rain is really kicking my motivation's butt this week. Today's half walk was indoors, getting groceries and running errands. Oh sun, where art thou?
Old 03-29-2012, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

Today's report:

1. Calories no more than 1300. 1249, and 150 of that is cough drops, vitamin C, and cough syrup , 1235, 1490, 1209
2. Follow my pie chart rules. Yes, Perfect today!, Yes, Yes
3. Sleep 7 hours a night, melatonin if I have to. Yes, Yes, Yes, Nope
4. Exercise 6 days (hope I can get this; I'm sick right now). One, Two, Three
5. Fluids all day long. Yes, Yes, Medium, Medium
6. No white sugar/flour (note to self: this means frozen yogurt). Totally forgot; had half a fortune cookie, Yes, Yes, Yes

7. Deal with insurance company provider issues. Not yet, and another one just came up , Done all I can till I receive some responses
8. Reorganize/file in home office. Not yet
9. Clean basement (weekend goal). Not yet
10. Take the boy shopping (weekend goal). Not yet

As Mern would remind me, it's all about averages, so I'm whacking off some calories today and tomorrow to make up for yesterday's slip. But I did make it through two days at the group practice without getting into the cake, the Whoppers candy, or the pizza!

Good green day, nobe!

Tori, glad to see your green, too. Even with your slip ups, you're still running a deficit, so take heart! You'll be all the way back on your game soon.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:43 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Tori, nice to see you finishing with some green.
still waiting on Miss Cleo's predicted red....such a fraud!!!!
Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Tori, glad to see your green, too. Even with your slip ups, you're still running a deficit, so take heart! You'll be all the way back on your game soon.
as the week goes on I'm gaining more and more control. you're not having a bad week yourself, lady!!

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for your support. I know I've been vague, but it's just been a stressful couple of weeks. Knowing that peeps got my back helps!

THANKS Y'ALL!!!
Old 03-29-2012, 07:55 PM
FitDay Member

1)Walk 3 x -No, NO If I feel better will have to aim for this, Yes short walk, No
2) gym 3 x - Yes, NO If I feel better, will have to not even try 3 lb weights, No,No
3) 1650 per day (plus one cheat) No (over 2000) No (over 2000) No, NO
4) 6 glasses of water -8, 9, 9, ?
5) meditate- NO, NO, Yes, No
6) write one hour per day -YES broke my block!!! writing class + writing at home so Y, Yes, NO
7) return books to library ( surely I can do that? My name is not Shirley - remember from the movie Airplane?)- YES, DONE
8) STAY POSITIVE _YES, YES, YES, YES
9) 3 servings of veg minimum- YES, NO, YES, NO
10) be a stretchy mama -YES, NO, YES, YES

Too much red especially regarding the food. Back to clean and green!!!

Been browsing posts, couldn't read in depth. Trying to help DD with college decision. She got wailisted bu 2 and turned down by one so I know she was disappointed even tho those were not her favorites.

Cool bike, Mike! Such fun! Don't know if you've decided, will try to browse...

Jho, if being pregnant felt like that for you, I am so sorry.

And Tori sorry about your Mom's fibro. So glad you seem to be doign better.

I only had one really bad day thankfully. WOO HOO!!! I'm back. And gotta kick some butt because the food has been getting me... or i have been getting the food... too much... and the wrong stuff... should NOT have had those boneless spare ribs...they were terrible anyway...as was the cold eggplant pizza and I never eat pizza cold, OK maybe not never, and that was actually pretty good but still...

Last edited by canary52; 03-29-2012 at 08:04 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.