Go Back   FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-24-2012, 01:05 AM   #11 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 441
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbeanerz View Post
I wanted to buy more shoes the other day and the comment I got was "Why do you need more shoes? Are you feet losing weight too?" LOL
My shoes have gotten looser and someone mentioned to me that I needed new shoes. I am scared to get a smaller size though because I have very wide feet and I'm afraid of what will happen to them if I get a smaller size.
Rubystars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Freshman30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubystars View Post
My shoes have gotten looser and someone mentioned to me that I needed new shoes. I am scared to get a smaller size though because I have very wide feet and I'm afraid of what will happen to them if I get a smaller size.
Feet don't lose weight (not significantly) but ankles do. If your shoes are looser it's probably because of your ankles. Try lacing your shoes a little tighter. If they're still loose, you may have actually stretched them out.

Also, when buying shoes, buy them at night or late afternoon after you've been walking around all day. That's when your feet are at their puffiest and most sensitive. It will give you a better idea of how the shoes your trying on will fit in the long run.
Freshman30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Freshman30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolKatUK View Post
Hehe, yep!

My fiancé also tells me he'd think I'm beautiful even if I get really big which is sweet and lets me know he loves me, but it doesn't really help with motivation lol although I don't think I'd ever want him to tell me he'd stop loving me if I reached a certain weight.
A lot of these are really sweet. Which is wonderful. I have to agree that my boyfriend is the opposite of motivation. He makes me feel so beautiful and sexy that my weight loss has significantly slowed since we started dating. I've been gone up a few pounds here and there.
Freshman30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
cjohnson728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,083
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshman30 View Post
Feet don't lose weight (not significantly) but ankles do. If your shoes are looser it's probably because of your ankles. Try lacing your shoes a little tighter. If they're still loose, you may have actually stretched them out.

Also, when buying shoes, buy them at night or late afternoon after you've been walking around all day. That's when your feet are at their puffiest and most sensitive. It will give you a better idea of how the shoes your trying on will fit in the long run.
I disagree. Feet most definitely do get smaller when you lose significant weight and larger as you gain weight. You can't really go by size, but by fit. I do agree that trying on shoes in the afternoon or evening is the best time to do it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubystars View Post
My shoes have gotten looser and someone mentioned to me that I needed new shoes. I am scared to get a smaller size though because I have very wide feet and I'm afraid of what will happen to them if I get a smaller size.
Again, go by fit and not by size. You may find you need a smaller size but in a wide width, or a regular width in a bigger or smaller size. Buying shoes is like buying jeans or bathing suits...you have to be prepared to spend some time finding out what is exactly right for your shape, because one size does not fit all! As far as being afraid to get a different size, if you take the time to choose wisely, and wear them only indoors for a day or two so you can still return them if you need to, you should be okay.
__________________
Cassie

And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.
-John Steinbeck
cjohnson728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:59 AM   #15 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Freshman30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjohnson728 View Post
I disagree. Feet most definitely do get smaller when you lose significant weight and larger as you gain weight. You can't really go by size, but by fit. I do agree that trying on shoes in the afternoon or evening is the best time to do it.
I stand corrected! I did a little digging and learned that there are fat stores in the tops of your feet and toes where the hair grows. Listen to Cassie; I'm just a freshman.
Freshman30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:09 PM   #16 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
wildbeanerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshman30 View Post
I stand corrected! I did a little digging and learned that there are fat stores in the tops of your feet and toes where the hair grows. Listen to Cassie; I'm just a freshman.
Yeah, my feet are definitely "thinner". I can see the tendons more and actually seem to have more space between toes (toes lost weight? LOL) but my hubby on the other hand was being a smart ass because he doesn't see the point in more shoes! LOL
__________________
April - 35yr 5'10" mom of two teen boys

331.2 lbs 02.21.11 (start) size 28W-30W jeans
229.2 lbs 08.06.12 (best so far) size 16W
263.4 lbs 03.03.14 (current)

Progress 67.8 lbs - 20% of my original weight

Pictures...
New Collage April 2012

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a newdream. ... CS Lewis
wildbeanerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:38 PM   #17 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
cjohnson728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,083
Default

Fingers, too...sometimes rings have to be resized!
__________________
Cassie

And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.
-John Steinbeck
cjohnson728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:47 PM   #18 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Freshman30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbeanerz View Post
Yeah, my feet are definitely "thinner". I can see the tendons more and actually seem to have more space between toes (toes lost weight? LOL) but my hubby on the other hand was being a smart ass because he doesn't see the point in more shoes! LOL
I say, get some shoes! Especially if you need more sneakers! Ill fitting sneakers are terrible not only for your feet but your back too. And hey, you can never have too many shoes. ;]
Freshman30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2