Notices

You are loved!

Old 03-26-2010, 11:43 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up You are loved!

I love the fact that one of you women has your:

original goal weight, when you achieved your goal weight and the number of weeks that you have maintained your goal weight!!!
on your salutation.

I'm very impressed when someone can MAINTAIN their goal weight.

I can get there but then I never stay there. I just climb back up and then some...

What is the secret?

I am also about 140 and need to get to 129 in two months and then stay there!..
Old 03-28-2010, 12:54 AM
FitDay Member

RowFast- Although my weight loss hasn't been as huge as some of the people on here, my weight loss goals were pretty much the same as yours and I have been able to maintain it for the first time in my life.

How? Well, this is where it gets tricky... and your right, it's the hardest part. People don't like to hear this, but truthfully, it is a lifestyle change. I kept experimenting until I found substitutes for the "bad" foods I was eating, cut back on my carbs and increased my fruits and veggies. Almost every "bad" food has a tastier substitute if you just experiment a little. To be honest, I like my "new" foods better.

So basically, to maintain, you continue with your healthy choices, just add more healthy snacks and increase your portions slightly to get into a maintenance calorie range instead of a weight loss calorie range. Same foods, bigger portions basically. The minute you go back to "just one" of this and a "taste" of that you gain it back.

I can't speak for everyone, but this is what has worked for me.

quinn
Old 03-28-2010, 12:58 AM
FitDay Member

Oh, and one more thing... Continue to log your foods daily and continue to check in on the various threads with your maintenance progress weekly. It keeps you honest and the support makes all the difference! The minute I stop logging food I seem to cheat "just a little". lol