Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/19... Who's In? :) >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/19... Who's In? :)

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/19... Who's In? :)

Old 03-22-2012, 06:50 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mydaywillcome
Katy here..and the title says it all.. I really need some support.. You guys are the best.

So, as most of you know. I've lost 13 pounds so far. I weigh in every three weeks. I've weighed in twice so far. My first weigh in was at my peak weight, 260, three weeks after that, 247. Monday will mark my 3rd weigh in. I was super excited. Until I found something out.

I knew I was having problems eating, because my body wasn't letting me eat enough. Because of new medication I'm on for ADD, my appetite is basically gone, and it wasnt helping that I'm still suffering from a dangerous diet. 900 calories a day. far to low of a calorie deficit. Right now im extremely malnourished, but I still get sick at the thought of eating. I haven't been able to stop crying (as immature and time wasting as that is. i like to think i'm not a crier) , because now I have to go to the doctors very soon and see what my new weight is at. Obviously it will be lower. but what if its all over. What if its far to low, I start gaining everything.

What if my metabolism is shot..What if I start gaining all my weight back. I promised myself with each weigh in, I would not gain a single pound. I've been working so hard.. It would kill me if my body gained all that weight back..It was my starting motivation, and it kept me going.. This happened to me once after I had a surgery. and it wasn't as bad, but I was so infuriated with myself I gave up on weight loss until recent weeks. Now its worse.

I don't know what to do. I'm so scared. I can't gain any weight back again. I'm getting my exercise bike in today. That was going to be the starter of my work out schedule. What if I don't even have the strength to use it? I had to leave school today because I was so disoriented from lack of sleep and food. I've been living on water..I need food..

I've been trying so hard to eat, and everyone has been telling me that I'm not trying hard enough. But I really am. I'm so so so scared.

Thoughts...? Thank you..sorry I'm pouring this all out here im just. as i said. scared. About to go to the doctors..We'll see what my new weight is..

I'm super busy at work, I'll try to get back to you later on this.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:24 AM
FitDay Member

Location: Born in Deutschland Now I reside in the East Coast of the USA

Thanks. my signature shows what the results were today..
Old 03-22-2012, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator

Okay, sometimes it's easier to break things down bit by bit. I'll respond in red.

Katy here..and the title says it all.. I really need some support.. You guys are the best.

So, as most of you know. I've lost 13 pounds so far. I weigh in every three weeks. I've weighed in twice so far. My first weigh in was at my peak weight, 260, three weeks after that, 247. Monday will mark my 3rd weigh in. I was super excited. Until I found something out.

I knew I was having problems eating, because my body wasn't letting me eat enough. Because of new medication I'm on for ADD, my appetite is basically gone, and it wasnt helping that I'm still suffering from a dangerous diet. 900 calories a day. far to low of a calorie deficit.I take adderall and while it can kill my appetite, it's short term. I still eat.. plenty. I'm on XR's and it still doesn't last all day, taking 2 a day I still get hungry. It's when I'm off of it that I'll eat the house down. Maybe you are on too high of a dose or should try another type? Right now im extremely malnourished, you should look into taking a good multi vitamin (or other supplements to help when you are lacking) but I still get sick at the thought of eating. Have you talked to a "professional" about this? An eating disorder can be difficult to get past. I haven't been able to stop crying (as immature and time wasting as that is. i like to think i'm not a crier) , There are many things that can set us on an emotional roller coaster, could be a lack of a nutrient, TOTM, or a number of different thing. because now I have to go to the doctors very soon and see what my new weight is at. Obviously it will be lower. but what if its all over. It's only "over" when you decide it's over. What if its far to low, I start gaining everything. I can be an extremist myself, but you have to learn to cut the edge off the extremes. You also have to get over the fear of gaining it all back. Know that only you can control if you gain it all back. It's all in your control.

What if my metabolism is shot..What if I start gaining all my weight back. Like I said, you have to take control and quit living in fear. You have to OWN IT!I promised myself with each weigh in, I would not gain a single pound. That's not a realistic promise, sooner or later you will gain on a weigh in. It's great to have short term goals but the big picture is what it's about. Don't let a gain break your spirit! I've been working so hard.. It would kill me if my body gained all that weight back..OWN IT! It was my starting motivation, and it kept me going.. This happened to me once after I had a surgery. and it wasn't as bad, but I was so infuriated with myself I gave up on weight loss You have to be stonger. Giving up will get you no where. until recent weeks. Now its worse. Calm down the extremes.

I don't know what to do. I'm so scared. I can't gain any weight back again. It's okay to be scred but don't live in fear of gaining ANY weight back. That's setting yourself up for failure. I'm getting my exercise bike in today. That was going to be the starter of my work out schedule. What if I don't even have the strength to use it? What it? You go slow and build up. I had to leave school today because I was so disoriented from lack of sleep and food. I've been living on water..I need food..Yes, eat! You have to give your body what it needs. If you don't your hair will get thin and start to fall out (you'll look like me), your teeth will get brittle, your nails will look nasty, your bones will get weak, you'll lose muscle tissue that is needed to help burn calories.

I've been trying so hard to eat, and everyone has been telling me that I'm not trying hard enough. But I really am. I'm so so so scared. If you are that scared to eat you really should talk to someone, for your own good.

Thoughts...? Yeah, I have a few... oh wait.Thank you..sorry I'm pouring this all out here im just. as i said. scared. About to go to the doctors..We'll see what my new weight is.. Congrats on the loss, make sure you are eating enough and getting what you body needs.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 03-22-2012 at 10:12 AM.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:49 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
boo, for years I've had this idea about workout classes. I think they should be more fun right? And a bit on the fantasy side, give me more than sweat please! I love the idea of a Combat Workout! Other ideas I've had were: Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader workout, 42nd Avenue hoofer workout, a spin class with the Tour de France projected in 360 degree imagery, Swan Lake chorus line (complete with a pink tutu), the short legged chorus line follies workout, Shop til you drop marathon, and my absolute favorite "handcycle for coupons" workout. I'm curious, is the combat workout outside on a training course or inside? How does that work exactly?
Some of those sound very fun. Especially the Spin class with imagery. We have to stare at a blue wall in Spin. Not very inspiring!!!
Body Combat is a pre-choreographed workout from a company called 'Les Mills'. There's loads of videos of it on YT and Google videos if you wanted to see what it's all about. It's all over the world too so you may find out there's a class near you. The other one I do is Body Pump from the same people. Both are killer!

Originally Posted by fit4luv
Weightlossboo~ I'm totally impressed by what all you do class wise! I'm learning from you. I certainly have nothing to add! I love to log away lots of ideas in my mind and you sure are helping me with that goal.
Aw, thank you. I try to hit it outside the box exercise wise. I think some people feel that because of their weight they can't do these things, but I'm usually the biggest person in all my classes, but there's no way that I'm going to the let the skinny people show me up! My philosophy has always been to challenge myself outside of my comfort zone. Plodding away at 3mph on a treadmill like most of the other big girls I know at the gym would bore me to tears!

Originally Posted by amalthea1892
Boo – High intensity combat class?!!! That sounds like a fantastic workout! I love classes, even though after 20 min I am usually hurting big time. Love the challenge of getting all the way to the end. If your body is not begging for food I think you are giving it the right stuff, despite the deficit!
I love the challenge also! I'm too proud to quit, so even if I think I'm about to hit the floor I just grit my teeth and push through. (I haven't hit the floor yet mind you.) Combat is a fantastic workout! I put ^^^ to Amy the name of it and you can always see if there's a class local to you.
I've got an even larger deficit today as I did two 1 hour classes back-to-back, but I don't feel hungry and I've eaten a goodly amount so I won't worry for now. Will see how I've done come weigh-day and if my high deficits are a help or hindrance.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:01 PM
FitDay Member

So far this week:

Nutrition goals
1 – Water 64oz/day. Y, Y, Y,N,
2 – Calories max of 1500/day. Y, Y, Y, N
3 – No food after dinner each night. Y, Y, Y,Y
4 – Follow Stay Clean Pact! Y, N, Y,N
5 – Exercise more – Gym 3x this week; treadmill, stairmaster & weights. Y (Mon), Y (Thu)
6 – Pre-log food as much as possible. Y, N, Y,N

Family/Home Goals
1 - Hubby is off work all week; try to not get on each other’s nerves! N, Y, Y, Y,

Eat Clean Pact – Forbidden Foods
1 - Any pre-packaged sweets – cookies, candy, candy bars, etc. Y, N (1 cookie), Y, Y
2 - Donuts, bagels, Y, Y, Y, Y,
3 - Ranch, thousand island, blue cheese or any similar type of dressing. Y, Y, Y, N (lite ranch – still bad)
4 – Soda, Y, N (1/2 can Hansen’s root beer), Y,Y,
5 - Deep fried foods like French fries, tostadas, chips, etc. (baked chips are ok). Y, Y, Y, N (fries… damn)

Today I fell off the wagon – well not totally off, but I am getting dragged behind kicking and screaming… all started with my Hubby asking where do you want to go to lunch today? My son perks up and says Red Robin… aka bottomless fries! So I ate fries. And drank a gin & tonic, which can’t be good. I did manage to get the low-cal ranch to dip my fries in, which is something at least. If I only have left over soup for dinner, and water for the rest of the night I won’t bust my calorie budget too bad.

Good stuff – Kicked a$$ at the gym this morning. Weighed in this morning at my lowest ever since January (-1lb since last week)!

Will catch up on posts later as I am headed outside to play (with my son).

Stay strong!
Ama
Old 03-22-2012, 12:26 PM
FitDay Member

Location: Born in Deutschland Now I reside in the East Coast of the USA

Thank you. Your support means more than you know. My doctor came up with cutting the doses so I get more of an appetite. Hopping on the bike tomorrow. Cranking out the weights Saturday. I can do this.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:32 PM
FitDay Member

Hello! I am soo tired (couldn't sleep at all AND had to wake up early to print off a document I didnt have time to print off in the evening but I think I can spare some time to update before snoozing. Luckily, I have tomorrow off.

Mern Thanks! It was great. I took your advice and had a few ribs, went easy on the BBQ sauce, didn't put salt on my frenchy fries and avoided dressing on my salad and was surprised to find, when I got home, that I was at exactly 1200 calories! No spring break? personally I can't imagine that because where I live, the snow remains up to my knees until about June so SB is the time where we all pack our bags and fly to somewhere warm.

Mike True, very true too. Its snowing like mother nature hates me right now so I kind of forgot summer is coming up. I'm actually considering going bikini shopping this weekend...but I'm worried. What if I haven't lost any sizes? Or even worse, what if I'm stuck in that horrible in-between size where
NOTHING fits? Ah well, we'll just have to stick with exercise and dieting then
cross our fingers.

Katy Mike pretty much said it all there. Just keep trying. If you really want to lose weight, you will. You may have a few gain days or days when you want to throw up your hands and scream "screw this!" but if you're really
determined you WILL lose weight.

WeightlossBoo I envy all the exersize you do! I honestly don't have time for anything more than a little yoga and a short jog (weather permitting). And then I spend my evenings training my cats. My smallest, Mimi ( three months) has just learned to sit on command! After only 3 days of training! I'm so proud of her! anyway, congrats on all the classes you take, because with that record, you'll be fit in no time!

Right. Must get back to my cat training. (haha, I sound like such a crazy cat lady there. But in a way, I kind of am)
Old 03-22-2012, 01:03 PM
FitDay Member

Almeeker: Thanks for responding! We did all the trick and still not work. We did the reward system. We did have a routine, he didn't have nap since he was 2. He felt asleep very fast right around 9pm but get up either 1:30 am or 3:30am. He said that he was scared. Because he said he was scared so we let the light on in his room and in the hall way. He also sleep in the same room with his sister. The last 2 night I have talked to him before he went to bed. If he went to my room he will have a time out. he did slept through those 2 nights. We have to see. Hopefully, that's it.

Wildbeaners: I am sorry! I know how that feel when you do everything right and the scale is not show. Just stick with it. I know I should too but I didn't and very regret. Camping sound fun. I hope you have fun.

Ama: congrat on 1 pound lost! Though you kind of fall of the wagon but guess what? You did your work out, just get back on tomorrow.

I have company for dinner tonight, and i cook the dinner. So I log on my dinner and find out that it was so high. I altered it so that it fit in my goal. Yeah.....

Mai
Old 03-22-2012, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mydaywillcome
Thank you. Your support means more than you know. My doctor came up with cutting the doses so I get more of an appetite. Hopping on the bike tomorrow. Cranking out the weights Saturday. I can do this.
I'm sure you probably realized already that I don't beat around the bush too well.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:05 PM
FitDay Member

Today:

1. Fruits for breakfast, yep (apple n applesauce), yes
2. Yoga, Yesssss (45 min.), No (I suffer from extreme paranoia and was too scared to leave my room to attend the classes today )
3. Under 1200 calories, EXACTLY 1200, 1142

Well, I seem to be doing ok so far. Im really bummed about my paranoia though. I just couldn't summon the courage to leave!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.