Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/19... Who's In? :)

Old 03-22-2012, 03:36 AM
FitDay Member

Since I have officially taken over page 17, here goes nothing, (ugh I didn't make it, now it's page 18 too):

Jho, you are officially invited to my house any time for a cleaning playdate. We have an excellent stereo system, so bring your faves. My house could use a woman like you. And I can't believe you are excited about a toddler learning to walk. She must be an only child? I like to sub spaghetti squash for pasta.

Mai, on getting a little one to sleep through the night I highly recommend a solid night time routine. It might go something like this "dinner, physical play, bath, book, bed". I used to make sure our kids were active and engaged from pre-dinner to bedtime, wear them out so to speak. And if the little one gets up in the night do not under any circumstances feed him. A sippy cup of water is fine, but if you get in the habit of a night time meal, he will be up every night as his metabolism demands. You might also have to give up a daytime nap. Many of my friends used the Ferber method (it's spelled out in a book) and swear by it. I think my routine is similar, but can't say for sure.

tunnrida, welcome aboard honey and don't worry about keeping up.

terri, whooo hoooo hoooo on your new low. Very jealous here! How's the red eye? Hope it's not pink eye, it's running through the school rampant. Good luck on the interview today, I got my fingers crossed for you.

mh, welcome back, now log off the computer and go work on that internship business. Okay, I'm confused about the dog? Why a mohawk on his back? When you said mohawk I thought it must be on his head, but nope. I was getting an image of the cover of "Gum on the Drum", a children's book about a bear that puts gum on his drum and then has a solo rif and ends up getting a mohawk in the end because he has gum stuck in nearly all his hair. Have fun in NOLA, it really doesn't take effort to have fun there with or without a valid drinking license.

quinn, FA, ugh. I'm sorry it was such a PITA. Sometimes it's all about being the squeaky wheel isn't it?

hardcaorkitty, ribs? Oh ribs, yumm. Yeah, you might want to fill up on veggies first.

boo, for years I've had this idea about workout classes. I think they should be more fun right? And a bit on the fantasy side, give me more than sweat please! I love the idea of a Combat Workout! Other ideas I've had were: Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader workout, 42nd Avenue hoofer workout, a spin class with the Tour de France projected in 360 degree imagery, Swan Lake chorus line (complete with a pink tutu), the short legged chorus line follies workout, Shop til you drop marathon, and my absolute favorite "handcycle for coupons" workout. I'm curious, is the combat workout outside on a training course or inside? How does that work exactly?

Mike, I've tried and absolutely cannot take those big fish supplements. It's not the pill itself that's the problem. I burp fish for HOURS, to the point where I could just throw up. What is the secret? I so hear you on the peanut butter issue. I'm barely resisting the urge to whip up a batch of peanut butter love handles, thankfully I don't have the right crackers in the house or it would be a done deal... IMHO "peanut butter bunny ears" is a million dollar idea. Just imagine the commercials for that...
Old 03-22-2012, 03:38 AM
FitDay Member

Quick check in before hitting the road!

GOALS:
1. 1 gallon of water: Yes,
2. 16 Miles by Monday: 1, Gonna get my 6 in by tonight
3. Be an adult: No ,
Old 03-22-2012, 03:44 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker

mh, welcome back, now log off the computer and go work on that internship business. Okay, I'm confused about the dog? Why a mohawk on his back? When you said mohawk I thought it must be on his head, but nope. I was getting an image of the cover of "Gum on the Drum", a children's book about a bear that puts gum on his drum and then has a solo rif and ends up getting a mohawk in the end because he has gum stuck in nearly all his hair. Have fun in NOLA, it really doesn't take effort to have fun there with or without a valid drinking license.
Oh, okay! All the straight clubs in SC (that I've found) are all 21+, so I just assumed that it was the same down yonder. Steg's hips & belly are bare because the poor boy was panting at 70 degrees, and I just couldn't bear to have him shaved all the way, so I requested that they leave his "big boy fur" as a mohawk along with his tail for the modified lion cut.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Oh, okay! All the straight clubs in SC (that I've found) are all 21+, so I just assumed that it was the same down yonder. Steg's hips & belly are bare because the poor boy was panting at 70 degrees, and I just couldn't bear to have him shaved all the way, so I requested that they leave his "big boy fur" as a mohawk along with his tail for the modified lion cut.
At our house we have rabbits, they pant too. So all summer long I keep plastic 2-liter bottles in the freezer and put one in their cages when it gets hot. I bet Steg would love a frozen 2-liter to curl up with.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:48 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mhibdon
In NOLA you don't need to go to a club, they party in the streets.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:03 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome to the group Katy!!

I promise if you stick with these ladies(and Mike!) you will get all your mini-goals in order!! I accomplished my first small goal last week when I started drinking water - at 30 yrs I'm not sure why I didn't think to drink water to give me some energy LOL - but these ladies have taught me a lot in the past couple of weeks which I am sooo sooo sooo very thankful for! My advice - check in often, read the posts, try different strategies (you never know what may work for you). Good luck - we are here for you!

MERN - finally tried my frozen omlette!!!! Soooo good! I made them pretty small so I had two and hubby had two - popped in micro for 1.5 min - DELICIOUS!! They weren't watery at all (probably because I put so many veggies in! I threw them on a piece of whole wheat bread with a pinch of shredded chs and I want another one just thinking about it!

Mike - I was just about to ask about Tori because she's been pretty quiet - hope she gets thru everything. I also hope you post picks of you fitting into your bikini!

Almeeker – I should have “smuggled”(mern lol) in some popcorn – my purse is huge – just didn’t think about it but next time I will be prepared! And 6 kids!!!??? I can barely handle my 2 so good for you both for trying to get out together! Haha and Michigan is a bit far for a cleaning playdate but if I’m ever in the area I will let you know! Once I get going its hard to stop me! (see below paragraph about Makenna) – I will have to try the squash! Sounds yummy!

Luv – She is already a busy body! Way more to handle than my son! She goes and goes and goes all day long that she manages to rip holes in the knees of all of her pants/leggings – that’s why I’m eager for her to walk! I can handle buying some more socks if she rips holes in them but not a new wardrobe! Lol

Hope nice green sweetheart!! It was good that you had some warning about the school but it still stinks ☹

MH – Steggie is sooooooo cute!

Nobe – good luck with whatever choice you make – I also cannot work with ppl that I don’t get along with – especially since it’s the majority of your day! I loved the ppl I worked with before I had my kids….If we sell the house and move back into the city, I will probably go back there.

HCK NICE GREEN!!! WOOOHOOOOOO!!! I’m not worried about Spring break – I’m in the same boat as Mike - worried I won’t fit into my bathing suit in the summer!

My mind is set on 64 oz now - minus tues when I was out, I'm doing well - and its easy to get that much when I'm working out! I was still able to get 30 min strength training and 20min on the elliptical last night after running up and down the stairs cleaning like a crazy person all day! My body still has that "Hurt so good" feeling!!
Old 03-22-2012, 04:25 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness Goals ...
1. 100 oz water daily M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
2. No Diet Coke (Lent) M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
3. Just because someone else is eating, doesn't mean I have to (or I could eat something healthier than they are) M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
4. Walk on lunch when not raining M: 38mins - 2miles, T: 37mins - 2miles, W: 40mins - 2miles (1/2mile was with friends so slower),
5. Log it (weekend too!) M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
6. 5000 calorie deficit M: -1164, T: -1095, W: -909 So far this week: -3168
7. 5 days of Shred minimum M: No, T: No, W: Yes, Th: Yes,
8. Weigh and post it M: 259.6lbs (lowest since I started Fitday), T: 259.8lbs, W: 259.8lbs, Th: 261.4lbs Weight change this week: +1.8lbs

Life Goals ... (some of these may be weekend goals)
1. Finish laundry M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
2. Wash dog bedding M: No, T: Yes, W: DONE!!
3. Put new carpet scrubber to use (weekend) at least one level of house M-F: N/A,
4. Despite carpet cleaning still do good house cleaning too M-F: N/A,
5. Do some form of yard work M-F: N/A,
6. Clean out camper M-F: N/A,

Mother Nature is a bitch! Just sayin'! Seems everytime that I get my scale going in the right direction, feeling great about all that I am doing for me, she comes around and ruins all my best made plans. I hate her! Sometimes being a girl just sucks! Anyway, I'm up 1.6lbs since yesterday despite doing everything that I should and not overeating. I gotta weigh in tomorrow morning for our work challenge too. Wish I had weighed in on Monday when I was down on weight. Hind sight and all that ... oh well. It is what it is. I'm not letting it get me down.

We went last night and eyed up the campsite that is available two weekends this month that work for us to both be off work and use minimal vacation days. It will work so nice. It backs to the woods and through about 300-400 Ft (I suck at distance) is the lake! I am going to be in heaven! I hope the dogs do okay. Macie used to camp at our permanent site all the time but Chloe has never gone and at home or in the car she is a barker at strange noises.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:32 AM
FitDay Member

Default Wednesday Report

Daily Goals:
Drink at least 2.5 litres of water Y, Y, Y
No more than 2 slices of bread Y, Y, Y
At least 3 servings of fruit/veg Y/4, Y/5, Y/4
Eat breakfast within 1 hour of waking Y, Y, Y
Attend every booked fitness class, no cancelling! Y, Y, Y

Other Goals
Birthday Friday = Don't go overboard!
Walk 3 miles x3 over the week 1 of 3 completed
Don't weigh myself

Had another good day yesterday, and decided to keep logging my calories this week and then making a goal around it next week.
A bit behind on my water intake so far today, but I'm off to two classes - Pump and Combat in a minute so I'll be drinking loads during the two.
Calories a little low again today, but I'm not hungry so I'm not worried. Pushed them up again with a pre-workout protein shake and having a nice big multi-grain baguette with tuna later. We'll see!

PS, My internet is playing up a bit so I'm not able to keep up too much at the moment.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:23 AM
FitDay Member

Location: Born in Deutschland Now I reside in the East Coast of the USA
Unhappy I can't believe this..

Katy here..and the title says it all.. I really need some support.. You guys are the best.

So, as most of you know. I've lost 13 pounds so far. I weigh in every three weeks. I've weighed in twice so far. My first weigh in was at my peak weight, 260, three weeks after that, 247. Monday will mark my 3rd weigh in. I was super excited. Until I found something out.

I knew I was having problems eating, because my body wasn't letting me eat enough. Because of new medication I'm on for ADD, my appetite is basically gone, and it wasnt helping that I'm still suffering from a dangerous diet. 900 calories a day. far to low of a calorie deficit. Right now im extremely malnourished, but I still get sick at the thought of eating. I haven't been able to stop crying (as immature and time wasting as that is. i like to think i'm not a crier) , because now I have to go to the doctors very soon and see what my new weight is at. Obviously it will be lower. but what if its all over. What if its far to low, I start gaining everything.

What if my metabolism is shot..What if I start gaining all my weight back. I promised myself with each weigh in, I would not gain a single pound. I've been working so hard.. It would kill me if my body gained all that weight back..It was my starting motivation, and it kept me going.. This happened to me once after I had a surgery. and it wasn't as bad, but I was so infuriated with myself I gave up on weight loss until recent weeks. Now its worse.

I don't know what to do. I'm so scared. I can't gain any weight back again. I'm getting my exercise bike in today. That was going to be the starter of my work out schedule. What if I don't even have the strength to use it? I had to leave school today because I was so disoriented from lack of sleep and food. I've been living on water..I need food..

I've been trying so hard to eat, and everyone has been telling me that I'm not trying hard enough. But I really am. I'm so so so scared.

Thoughts...? Thank you..sorry I'm pouring this all out here im just. as i said. scared. About to go to the doctors..We'll see what my new weight is..

Old 03-22-2012, 06:46 AM
Super Moderator

Health and Fitness
1) -3000 calories for 6 days -536, -781 (I doubt I was that deficient), 951 (still think that's way off, I feel like I was over)
2) No eating past 11pm none, I did, I did
3) 5 servings of fruit/veggies yes, yes, yes
4) Gallon of water no (not even close), close but no gallon, yes
5) Workout 3 times nope, yes, nope
6) Walk 2 times nope, yes, nope
7) Daily:
a. Fish oil yes, yes, yes
b. Vitamin yes, yes, yes
c. Glucosamine yes, yes, yes
d. L-Arginine yes, yes, yes
8) Push 2 people, not counting Tori nope (the next person to post will be mine for the week), no (I tried), yes
9) Weigh in daily 181.4, 180.8, 182.8, 182.0

Other
1) Write 3 auto policies (b/c pimp daddy needs a new toy) 1 (like a boss), 0, 0
2) 1 Random act of kindness (saving people money doesn't count) no, nope, no

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.