Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/19... Who's In? :)

Old 03-21-2012, 08:06 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
ALL THE TIME! j/k
Well it's a rare occurrence for me, ok?

mh: Wooooooo! Go you, have a fantastic time at the conference. Don't forget that the point of those things is to network and eat lots of expensive food and make other people pay for it, lol!

Also: Hey, seems to me that you can take your test and then have the 21st PLUS test-is-over-woohoo day on your b-day. You'll find plenty of time to study while you're there, or beforehand. Sounds like a killer week!
Old 03-21-2012, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mhibdon
April 12-15 for the society of behavioral medicine conference! Sad, sad thing: I turn 21 on April 17th, and I have a test on April 16. WHYYYYYYY?!

And thank you for the pink!
You don't have to be 21 to party in NOLA.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:16 AM
FitDay Member

Terri, OMG, don't spades HURT coming out the other end? Talk about "ripping somebody a NEW one!" OUCHIE All kidding aside, I get like that when I'm retaining water, even with no stress involved. So I do have empathy and sympathy for you over those gastric disturbances and inconvenience. ANOTHER OMG--I missed in your post earlier that you reached a new low weight this morning. Major kudos and a to you! I'll give you TWO bananas when you hit that 60 lb. milestone! I agree red eyes wouldn't look good in your Skype interview. Good thinking on wearing your eyeglasses. I hope it's something that will clear up quickly, though.

April, sincere apologies. I didn't mean to be insensitive. I just didn't see not telling as lying, but having childhood issues myself, I can certainly understand where your DH and you are coming from. Wow, that's GREAT that he went to the low sodium chips. I didn't have any trouble at all following your "run on thought." LOL, I am the queen of run on SENTENCES. If my high school English teacher were still alive, she'd probably attest to the fact that she wrote "run on sentences" in red on almost every composition I ever turned in. I got my DH eating unsalted almonds and he found he enjoys them even more. I showed him how he can pop them in the microwave for just 30 seconds and the heat brings out the flavor more. I hope you have a great time camping and getting away from the pressures of the world for a few days. What are mountain pies? Kudos on doing the shred! And thanks for YOUR encouragement. OMG, your Monday and Tuesday reports are AWESOME!

Hope, I'm so sorry the financial aid isn't what you had hoped for. Kudos on the acceptances, though. Well, goodness, you certainly are entitled to support for bailing out on work you're not sure you need done, fibro or NO fibro. So sorry you are having a bad reaction to the antibiotics! What kind of symptoms are you having with that? If you don't make all your goals today, it's OK. Feel better first and THEN start fresh another day. Big gentle hug to ya!

Boo, wow, when you workout you REALLY work out. I have no idea about limits to calorie deficits, but kudos on your committment!

mhibdon, we also need more help to keep MIKE in line, so your presence is much appreciated. LOL

Jho, best wishes on the open house and naps!

Amy, even with that little bit of red yesterday, you're still rocking your health goals. Glad you're feeling better but so sorry you missed your shoulder appointment. Hope you and all your sick people are well soon.

Last edited by Mern; 03-21-2012 at 09:23 AM.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:55 AM
FitDay Member

In this 3 minute 6 second video, preceded by a 30 second advertisement, Dr. Travis Stork from the ABC TV talk show "The Doctors" explains how his top five choices (beans, eggs, berries, milk (or Greek Yogurt or cheese) and nuts serve as "belly busting" foods.

Top Five Belly Busting Foods Video ? 5min.com

This guy is eye candy, ladies.

Last edited by Mern; 03-21-2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:12 AM
FitDay Member

Hey guys! Thanks for all your niceness and motivationalismness.... I dunno, haha. So far I've stuck to my goals. (I had a bit of dark chocolate but it's still under 1200 so I'm good) wow, soooooo many new post since I last logged on! I don't have enough time to read them all (have to hurry off to yoga) so I'll read them when I get back.

Mern you heard a doctor on tv recommend it? I wish I had seen that! I had to learn it the hard way. I had been plateauing for a while and decided to do an experiement to see what was preventing me from losing weight. First I started eating only salad for lunch. That didn't help much. (probably the fatty dressing) so then I tried fruits for breakfast. And I started losing weight again!

yourbadd I feel your pain! Once I got my PMS while attending a cooking class. You can imagine how that went!

This evening I'm going for dinner to a friends house and she told me we would be having ribs. So I looked them up. You would not believe how many calories are in ribs! A total diet buster! So I think I'm going to skip the main course and just have the salad.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:21 AM
FitDay Member

Ate through all of my calories for the day... now what do I do?? lol

Wednesday:

1. No more than 1200 calories; no excuses... none. 879, 1002, 1146
2. 80 oz. of water everyday. Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Hike 3 times, minimum. 0, 0, 1
4. 4 fruits and veggies a day; again, no excuses. 2 because I skipped 2 meals, 5, 3
5. Lose 2 lbs. by Friday. Working on it.
6. Take all Vitamins and supplements, even the big, nasty ones. Yes, Yes, Yes
Old 03-21-2012, 10:48 AM
FitDay Member

Mern – Oh allergies are so terrible – I am sorry you are still suffering, even on meds. I was horribly allergic to an Australian Shepherd I once had. She shed so bad it was like living in a snowstorm. I hope you are allowed some ibuprofen or something for the sinus pain. No pseudafed (sp?) allowed? That is really good stuff for sinus pain – if you get the right formula.

Hope and April – Yes he is feeling much better, thanks for asking! I just think he ate too much, coughed really hard (lots of post sinus drainage from a cold a few weeks ago), and triggered the gag reflex. He freaks out when he pukes, starts shaking all over, and breaks out in a bit of a body rash, but for just a few minutes. I needed a break yesterday anyway, just getting over the flu, so going home was good for both of us in the end.

Hope – I hope your tooth pain clears up soon. And that you find some antibiotics that will work for you. Good idea to trust your instincts, nobody knows your body better than you do! I have a lot of doctors also, a GP, a derm, a urologist, 2 oncologists, a dentist and an orthodontist. I have been known to refuse testing if I think it is overkill, and seek second opinions. Stick to your guns girl! I really hope you get through this soon.

Boo – High intensity combat class?!!! That sounds like a fantastic workout! I love classes, even though after 20 min I am usually hurting big time. Love the challenge of getting all the way to the end. If your body is not begging for food I think you are giving it the right stuff, despite the deficit!

Jho – How do I tap into that kind of cleaning energy! I clean a lot, but never enough to work up a sweat! I am going to get that album – maybe Tina is the key to a sparkling home! Hope M is feeling better soon… those early am wakeups are the worst for everybody!

Amy – I am so glad you and your DDs are feeling better, but the toddler Blowing chunks… in your car! Aye, poor baby. I hope she feels better soon too!

Quinn – How about all veggies for din din? Should fill you up without too many xtra cals?

----------

I am going on a search for DreamField pasta. Love pasta, but the carbs are outrageous. Recently found rice pasta though, which is really tasty, gluten free, and the carbs are lower than regular. Thanks for the ideas!

Small successes… I got in my H2O quota in before 3pm today. And avoided the “free smoothies” announced over the intercom at work… Pre-logging is working quite nicely!
Old 03-21-2012, 11:10 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
In this 3 minute 6 second video, preceded by a 30 second advertisement, Dr. Travis Stork from the ABC TV talk show "The Doctors" explains how his top five choices (beans, eggs, berries, milk (or Greek Yogurt or cheese) and nuts serve as "belly busting" foods.

Top Five Belly Busting Foods Video ? 5min.com

This guy is eye candy, ladies.
Bahaha, it's a good thing you never met my little brother, who looks a lot like that guy, only with a lot more muscle.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mhibdon

Mike: Bring. It.
Show how much do you plan on moving/ Don't you think you're being a little vague with that goal? I think you can do 10 miles this week... and workout a few times.

Originally Posted by Mern
mhibdon, we also need more help to keep MIKE in line, so your presence is much appreciated. LOL
Mern, I got this. Any time I get out of line, it's only because I wanted to.

Originally Posted by fit4luv
But that is frustrating when things lock up.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Because my body is wanting to stay around a certain weight, it's time to change things a bit. I've been re-reading FitDay articles & the Best of Series.

I plan to do the following & reflect them in my goals:
1. Caloric Range needs to be 1500-1600 rather than 1600-1700. Aiming for 1500 -> probably will help me to lose 2 lbs per week. Fingers crossed.

2. Water: Time to up the water once again. Now from 64 oz to 80 oz. I'm drinking 16 oz easily four times by evening meal.

3. Weekend & Evenings: My caution zones. I've to think about this. I like tea which helps sometimes in evenings. Would like to do different activities on the weekend than what I do during the week.

4. Sleep: I think as I re-make my mornings, it will help to resolve this issue. I used to get up without alarm clock regularly.
80 ounces of water? I say you throw in a 20 ounce bottle and make it an even 100oz.

Originally Posted by fit4luv
"EAT CLEAN" PACT
*Jho82, Mern, nobe, Hope, Ama, Amy, & Luv*

*STARTS anew weekly thru 4/28. Sun MN thru Sat MN.*

"You can set your own clean eating terms--it may mean different things for different people Just be honest with yourselves--there are no food police here." ~ Mern

Please let me know if you want to opt in or out.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Major object of my DAY (Life) goals is for me to re-train my body for earlier hours so I can get a start before others are up & before the heat of the day.
Sun = Cushion Day -> Respite with Reason . . . Daily = x6/wk

____FIT___health_____daily

FOCUS (2) Mind & Heart
1. Audio Bible &/or Hlth Group Bk Study *~* YES {M_T_ }
2. Thankfulness Journal Entry *~* YES {M_T_ }

INTAKE (4) Nutrition
FOOD .'. {5 Grain/Meat/Veg/Oils} & {3 Dairy~1½ Fruit} & {1-2 Extra}
3. Eat Clean (Avoid Junk) -> YES {M_T_ }
4. *1500* -1600 Calorie -> YES {M_T_ }
5. Water (64 oz) -> YES {M_T_ }
:::WATER (80 oz) Wed thru Sun ->
6. Supplements -> YES {M_T_ }

TRAIN (2) Movement
7. Focused Exercise (5 times) *~* YES {M_T_ }
*** Aerobic (150"): 60"
*** Muscular (Circuit x3): x1
*** Distance - Feet (10 mi): 4.5 mi.

8. Lifestyle Activity (Min. 1 hr daily) *~* YES {M_ } ::: NO {T_ }

___DAY____life_____weekly
Will see results on weekend.
Stamp "Done" or "Incomplete" @ end of week.

...................DAZZLE...........
1. Kitchen (4 hr)*~*
2. Cleaning (3 hr) *~*
3. Clothing (x5) *~*
..........................ADMINISTRATE...........
4. Deskwork (30") *~*
................................YOMP-Outside Work..........
5. Spring Clean-up (1 hr) *~*
What's going on with your DAY activities??

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Ate through all of my calories for the day... now what do I do?? lol

Wednesday:

1. No more than 1200 calories; no excuses... none. 879, 1002, 1146
2. 80 oz. of water everyday. Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Hike 3 times, minimum. 0, 0, 1
4. 4 fruits and veggies a day; again, no excuses. 2 because I skipped 2 meals, 5, 3
5. Lose 2 lbs. by Friday. Working on it.
I take it that you're going for a hike tomorrow? If not you'll be going this weekend.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec

Quinn, a couple of the pills I take a pretty big. I pop them all in at once, take a swig of water and swallow them down.

Speaking of a hard pill to swallow....
WWL - AM870 | FM105.3 | News | Talk | Sports - NFL: Payton Suspended For One Year

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.