Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/19... Who's In? :) >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/19... Who's In? :)

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/19... Who's In? :)

Old 03-23-2012, 10:17 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Boo, I'm so sorry. I had your birthday written down on my list and I forgot to LOOK at my list!

Congrats on an excellent week and on an exceptionally well done job on your birthday!

I hope the promise of that upcoming holiday in Greece gives you some soothing thoughts during your bout with the flu! Big, gentle get well hug to ya!
Thanks hun. I get very embarrassed being the centre of attention so I manage birthdays pretty well. I enjoyed a day on my own watching TV and having lots of 'me' time. And last night was our monthly takeaway night so apart from a little piece of cake I didn't have anything out of the ordinary on treat night.
I cannot wait for our holiday! First proper holiday for me and OH since we've been together and he's never been to Greece and neither of us have been away since we were children so it's going to be amazing!

Sadly my flu has caused me to cancel my weights class this morning but I'm not going to lose heart and if I wasn't sick then I'd be there like a shot.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:56 AM
Super Moderator

Boo, happy birthday!!!!!

Luv, I have a problem of drinking more water at night, do I wake up several times to pee.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:12 AM
FitDay Member

Location: Born in Deutschland Now I reside in the East Coast of the USA

Happy belated birthday! Congrats on your progress, and a speedy recovery from the flu.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:45 AM
FitDay Member

happy birthday!!!!!
I wish that you achieve your goals
Old 03-24-2012, 10:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Jho and Ama, I am no expert on protein--I may have misled you in an earlier post. Your levels may not need to be as high as mine. I strive for 120g protein per day because I have to keep my net carbs low to successfully manage my blood sugar without meds and keep my saturated fat low to try to lower my high cholesterol without meds. The only thing left is protein, so I need a higher protein percentage to keep my carbs and sat fat lower.

I suspect others here who have their protein levels at 30% of total calories may be doing so because protein helps speed up metabolism and burn calories.

It's my understand that protein requirements depend on the individual. In a March 2012 article How Much Protein Do You Need? WebMD says "Adults in the U.S. are encouraged to get 10% to 35% of their day's calories from protein foods." That's quite a range! My blood tests show that my protein level is normal at 120 grams per day, but my doc says she thinks 100 grams per day is OK for me. I think the best bet for anyone is to NOT go by what someone else does, but to check with her doctor to see what's right for her.
Mern - Thanks for sending the link, great info! After reading it I think I am doing pretty good with the protein I consume - very little red meat, but lots of soy products, fish a few times a week, and beans a few times a week. Sometimes I feel a little light-headed and have thought it may be because I go veggie alot. I'll try yogurt when that happens and see if it makes a difference. I am bad sometimes and create a custom food by just entering the calories and not the rest of the nutrition info on the label... I'll try to mend my ways so I have a better idea of nutrients I take in each day.

My home computer is busted - waiting for a tech to come out next week to replace the motherboard. But I have my work laptop at home. There are so many security firewalls that I have trouble maintaining an internet connection so I may not be posting much for a while but will try! Tough to get my food logged without having to start all over again. I think I snuck this post in though

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Ama
Old 03-24-2012, 10:36 AM
FitDay Member

Location: Born in Deutschland Now I reside in the East Coast of the USA
Smile Finally!

I think I've finally figured out some doable goals. Only took me since last August

1200 Calories Every Day. NO EXCUSES.
No Soda, or Juices, or sports drinks.
Working out for an hour Monday-Saturday
Stop. Comparing. Myself. To. Airbrushed. Photoshopped. Models.
Buy the exact same prom dress. 2 sizes smaller ;D and hang it up on my door. I really want to be able to wear it without a wrap around my arms. We'll see!
That's it for now.

I'm sick of seeing my 1 year old bunny running around being more active than I am d:

Does anyone else find it extremely difficult to start their goals any day but Monday? I find that irksome, because its the beginning of the week. I guess I'm using to much symbolism.

Here's another question. Please excuse my venting. I'm a bullheaded young adult. Its what we do! d:

So here's my prom dress. Strapless Beaded Metallic Taffeta Ball Gown - David's Bridal

why in God's holy name is she considered a plus size model??! I would be on the ground praising God if that's how good I looked in it. She is nowhere near plus sized. I hate what the media does to people.
Alright. I'm done!

Offtopic: To you ladies! For prom, I have that dress, a bracelet, and a necklace, and I did get a set of earrings that really set off everything else. I have long hair, but I think they would be fairly visible, Do you think its worth it to get your ears pierced? If so, the childish question...How badly does it hurt? I'm really badddd with pain. Thanks!
Old 03-24-2012, 10:52 AM
FitDay Member

Ama, oh, I understand that maybe you're getting enough protein, but it may be that not all of it is recorded in your custom foods. A while back I was putting stuff in the nutrition tracker with just calories, protein, total fat and carbs. Then when I found out I had high cholesterol and wanted to control it without medication, I regretted I hadn't recorded the cholesterol and sat fat for custom foods. It took me a couple months to straighten it out and now every time I eat something I haven't had for a while I have to be sure it's recorded correctly.

So after you mend YOUR ways you're welcome to come and try to mend MINE! LOL

I love soy. I guess it's an acquired taste because I know several people who don't. I especially love Eden Organic Black Soybeans that are only one net carb (7 g total carbs less 6g fiber) per 1/2 cup serving. I also love TVP (soy textured veggie protein)--tastes like Grapenuts cereal to me. Yum! I'm not crazy about soy milk, though.

I'm glad you've got your laptop while your home computer is down. Best wishes on that.

Enjoy your weekend. Big hug to ya!
Old 03-24-2012, 11:16 AM
FitDay Member

Katie, very nice goals that look doable to me.

I do find it difficult to start my goals on any day but a Monday. I just have that mindset, too. Monday must be the consensus anyway because that's when our thread starts.

Your prom dress is absolutely gorgeous. It's a great dress that would look wonderful on either a size 2 or a plus size. I wear a size 20 pants--down from 24-26 at my highest weight.

I have faith in you that you can lose weight before prom, but be sure you can do it 2 sizes smaller by than time. Depends where you are in the size range.

I have pierced ears but I would recommend it only if you're sure you want to have holes in your ears the rest of your life. I remember clearly that it did sting a lot getting mine pierced and you do have to nurse them for several days to prevent them from getting infected. My lobes didn't get infected but were sensitive for several days. And then always, always, always, for the rest of your life swipe disinfecting solution on your earlobes (front and back) and disinfect the earring posts and backs before putting them in. They do close over when I haven't worn earrings for a while, but I can easily poke them through again with a sterilized post.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:10 PM
FitDay Member

I wasn't able to update yesterday because... Well because I was lazy. So here is my update for today and yesterday.

1. Fruits for breakfast, yep, yes, yes-ish (had cereal too), yes
2. Yoga, Yesssss (45 min.), No, yes, yes
3. Under 1200 calories, EXACTLY 1200, 1142, too embarrassed to calculate but WAY over, 1237 ( so close!)
Old 03-24-2012, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator

Default Weekend warriors

How's everyone doing? Luv, are you getting in your water?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.