FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/19... Who's In? :) (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/6946-7-day-motivational-thread-starting-3-19-whos.html)

Mern 03-18-2012 11:22 PM

rubypeanut, it must be hard figuring out how many calories you need to eat while nursing. I suspect there's no one size fits all nursing diet. I'm not fully awake yet, I guess--when you wrote "BFing" I thought: "What? Boyfriending?" Oh, breast feeding! There, I said it. :p I hate logging my food, too--such a chore--but it really does help. Oh, golly, smart to take precautions on the exercise and give yourself more time for your body to get back to normal.

Mern 03-18-2012 11:25 PM

Kimbur, how are you doing?

almeeker 03-18-2012 11:45 PM

Health Goals:

1. Calories 1,400 max.
2. Water 100 oz daily.
3. Workout 5 hours total.
4. Protein 25% or better.
5. Calorie deficit 3,500 or more.
6. Log everything and post daily.
7. Do not be a weekend slacker.
8. Pedometer, 10,000 daily, 2,000 aerobic.
9. Live the pact and eat clean.

Other Stuff:

1. Call and get additional cookie booth arranged and make sign-up sheet.
2. Work on April and May calendar for G.S.
4. Call guy about the elliptical.
5. Work on rabbit cages.
6. Make appointment for shoulder
7. Housework 45 min daily + 1 load of laundry.
8. Make calendar for History Club.

Lenten Goals:

No white flour
No white sugar
No skipping workouts, and no more than 2 consecutive days off.
No cheating
No profanity

I was a total slacker over the weekend, epic failure. My only excuse is that I had a mild allergic reaction to an accidental ingestion of lemon juice and I went in to "self medicate" with carbs mode. The whole inside of my mouth, throat and all the way down to my stomach was swollen, so those carbs were in the form of ice cream and um cold beer and some frosting. I also was just exhausted, which doesn't help my motivation either. Our youngest barfed through Saturday night, which means none of us got any sleep, misery loves company and all that. This morning I'm feeling a lot more motivated. Although it seems not quite motivated enough to put in that a.m. workout.

On a more positive note the G.S. float I made for the parade Friday afternoon turned out really well. And with DH's help, I managed to get about 1/2 way through making 3 more rabbit cages. So provided I put in a little time everyday on finishing them, I might just get that job done this week.

I'll try and catch up on last week's posts later, right now I have to take Medusa, uh, I mean middle DD off to school.

Mern 03-19-2012 12:07 AM

Amy, I see from your goals you ARE ready to jump back on the wagon. Best wishes this week! Ouchie on the lemon allergy. Carbs for that are totally acceptable! I hope you get your shoulder fixed soon. Congrats on the float and rabbit cages. Medusa! :D :D :D

rubypeanut 03-19-2012 12:15 AM

mern, you're so encouraging! you rock

Jho82 03-19-2012 12:19 AM

Health/Fitness
1. Work towards drinking min 64oz of WATER!!
2. Wake up early before my monsters wake up!
3. PM workout Mon/Wed/Fri!!
4. Min 30 crunches/day
5. Log ALL food - no cheating or snacking on junk!
6. Calories below 1300/day!

Home
1. Sell it.
2. Sell it.
3. Clean it....
4. Sell it.

Family
1. Take kids outside min 1 hr/day (especially with the amazing weather!!)
2. Convince Braydon that Veggies are good!
3. Work on Makenna's walking!
4. Encourage hubby to workout!

My very first list of goals for the week - thank you guys for being here! I'M EXCITED :D:D:D

Still no scales for me.... maybe next week...

Jho82 03-19-2012 12:25 AM

Amy - tough weekend sweetheart! :( - welcome to a new day!! :)

HI MERN!! I know I shouldn't be a slacker with your whip and all but its a little tempting lol!! ;)

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!! Lets have an AWESOME week!!!

canary52 03-19-2012 12:25 AM

Mern, you've got a whip and Mike has boots, huh? How can I refuse? OK, this thread is getting funky and just a little scary. Seriously, I was gonna start a thread if no one did (thank you Quinn) called YOU CAN DO IT!!!

I was down 4 lbs and I gained 2 back. I did not eat clean the past 2 days. :( So my goals:

1) no more than 1700 calories per day
2) 6 glasses of water minimum
3) walk or gym 3 times this week, NO MORE SLACKING
4) really stretch
5) eat clean: no sugar, low carb
6) meditate
7) get back to serious writing, 2 hours per day at least 5 days no matter what
8) clean up office, even a bit at a time
9) clothes to Goodwill
10) return ill fitting sneakers
11) stay positive

canary52 03-19-2012 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Mern (Post 76473)
Nobe, wishing you a wonderful day and a wonderful year ahead.

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/im...8ktN2_9RvKUwmg

Can I second this? HAPPY BIRTHDAY NOBE!!!!! FEEL BETTER AND HAVE FUN!!!!

Jho82 03-19-2012 12:30 AM

Hope - stay positive - awesome goals!! You are still down 2lbs!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!