Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/19... Who's In? :) >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/19... Who's In? :)

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/19... Who's In? :)

Old 03-21-2012, 05:58 PM
FitDay Member

Smile

Ama ~ Thank you! My Mind & Heart goals help me to keep going.

crazigerl ~ Please don't worry about keeping up with everyone. Sometimes I can't either and the main point of this thread is to focus on your goals. Hope your collie makes progress health wise.

rubypeanut ~ I'm glad to see you listening to your body.

Mern~ Oh dear! Please take care of yourself with lots of lovin'. Lay low on goals that you need to lay low on. As far as bringing to my attention the Eat Clean Pact persons, NO WORRIES! In fact, I really like you doing that. You don't have to go back & look hard.

Thanks for your encouragement on lowering calories. Today I went above, but I'll keep practicing in training my brain & stomach. I like how you're averaging certain goals. I'm thinking about that idea for some goals. Glad to see you growing some green with your goals.

About the tea in the evening - Ha! Ha! My posts make sense to me when I post them, then sometimes I've gone back & see how it can read differently than what I meant. My caution zones are evenings & weekends. Something I do sometimes to help my cravings is to drink tea. I have to come up with a list of things to do instead of eating. The problem with tea, like you mentioned, is just that . . . making trips to the bathroom.

Great tips about drinking water. That's amazing how water helps with fat loss. Who would have thought that drinking water cold burns more calories? That makes sense to count decaf tea as water.

nobe ~ Keep hanging in there!

Weightlossboo~ I'm totally impressed by what all you do class wise! I'm learning from you. I certainly have nothing to add! I love to log away lots of ideas in my mind and you sure are helping me with that goal.

Mary ~ Hope you're having a great time at your retreat.

April ~ I hear you on the going up & down with weight goals. BUT pretty soon I bet you'll be staying under 255. . . YUP! Mike has pretty sturdy boots on him - someone has to keep us in line.

Amy ~ When teaching kids responsibility, it seems hopeless sometimes, doesn't it?! Although, my oldest continues to take on more & more as time goes on. Now the youngest sees what the older does and wants to follow in her footsteps. This is how it is now. Not saying that it will continue.

HardcaorKittyGirl~ Welcome aboard! It's never late to set goals & act upon them.

Last edited by fit4luv; 03-21-2012 at 06:30 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:59 PM
FitDay Member

Deborah ~ Hormones, our friend & enemy! Hope you can get them evened out like real soon.

Tunrida ~ Welcome! I know what it's like to work at losing weight . . .again.

Hope ~ Look at all your green! So appropriate for Spring.

mhibdon ~ You sound like a wonderful friend & cook. Glad to see you're still around!

Jho82 ~ I hope you keep getting some rest in between house prepping & Makenna's teething. Yea for Makenna! I just loved to watch my kids & their milestones. Better watch out now - she'll be busier than ever.

Katy ~ Welcome to this wonderful thread! When I make goals I try to think FEASIBLE, FUN, & FLEXIBLE. I think you'll do fine with making your goals. Just change what doesn't work & keep the ones the do work.

Mai ~ I love to watch you work your goals. Good job in sticking with them.

Terri ~ I think you're touching on something great with looking fabulous! It's so important to like ourselves so we can like others better. That's something that I'm better at, but still struggle with. I like to hear your reports of how you're doing inthat area.

I now have a child up, right when I'm ready to go to bed. Will be busy tomorrow. Probably won't be back 'til tomorrow evening. Hope everyone has a successful day & those who are sick feel much better.

Last edited by fit4luv; 03-21-2012 at 06:41 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:21 PM
FitDay Member

Default Mike -

I'm not ignoring you.

I'll post my updated goals tomorrow - including DAY (Life) goals. I'm getting my laundry in and bits of cleaning. I do what I can during the week. Weekend will be for getting caught up.

Quick run-down->
*Went over my 1500-1600 Caloric goal. Was within the old goal, though.

*Ate clean per my goal - no junk food.

*Exercised today --> Walk 2 mile & Circuit. Muscles burn with what I'm doing, and so plan to keep this particular routine. Right now I use the "stretchie band". Plan to change to weights later when I need more challenge. I also use plain ole' body weight such as with push-ups & squats.

*Water - met 80oz goal today. Oh sheeeesh! (Whining here like a kid). I just upped it to 80 oz.

Since I don't want the steel boot after me . . . . OK - I'll challenge myself for 100 oz water on Thursday-and report!

Last edited by fit4luv; 03-21-2012 at 06:45 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:16 AM
FitDay Member

Wednesday Report

Health Goals:

1. Calories 1,400 max. 1,348 1,369, 1,395
2. Water 100 oz daily. Y,N, 80
3. Workout 5 hours total. 0 min, 0 min, 85 min (total 1:25)
4. Protein 25% or better. 28%, 11%, 32%
5. Calorie deficit 3,500 or more. -861, -638, -1083 (-2,582)
6. Log everything and post daily. Y,Y,Y
7. Do not be a weekend slacker. So far so good. SFSG. SFSG but weakening
8. Pedometer, 10,000 daily, 2,000 aerobic. 8,550/0, 6,550/0, 10,500/10,500
9. Live the pact and eat clean. Y,N,N but really trying.

Other Stuff:

1. Call and get additional cookie booth arranged and make sign-up sheet. N,Y DONE.
2. Work on April and May calendar for G.S. N,N,N
4. Call guy about the elliptical. N,N,N
5. Work on rabbit cages. Y,N,Y
6. Make appointment for shoulder. Y,Y,DONE
7. Housework 45 min daily + 1 load of laundry. YY, NN, YY
8. Make calendar for History Club. N,N,Y

Lenten Goals:

No white flour. Y,N,Y
No white sugar Y,N,N
No skipping workouts, and no more than 2 consecutive days off. N,N,Y
No cheating Y,N,N
No profanity N,N,Y

Well I'm feeling pretty much back to my normal self, went on my usual Wednesday night walk with my WOP. We both love that walk, we're going again tonight, which also means that I'll have to borrow one of her kids to babysit the little one. Our oldest two have theater and DH is in Maryland (or some such) and won't be home until late tonight. I swear if my workout partner and I could tear ourselves away from the kiddos for an hour everyday we would both be much happier and in fabulous shape. But alas, I have 3 kids and she has 6 !!! But a couple times/week is better than nothing.

Yesterday I typed a long reply to everyone and it got zapped in cyber space. So I'm going to try and compose it again in my next post, sorry if it's old news.

Last edited by almeeker; 03-22-2012 at 03:07 AM.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:56 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, I'm so sorry to hear that you're all plugged up and miserable, the pollen counts are in a record high this year. I know that you are against medication, but I think it's time you talked to your doctor about a nasal spray. I use Nasonex and DH uses Flonase, they are basically the same sort of thing, a saline based decongestant. Anyway, when I feel as bad as you are describing it helps a ton and it helps almost instantly. The first time I ever used the Nasonex it was so effective and the drainage so profuse that for a while I was almost gagging, but after about 30-60 minutes I was a whole new woman, I could see, I could hear, I could taste food and by goodness I even wanted to LIVE. There is a product sold over the counter called "Nettipot" a friend of mine swears by it, and it's also saline of some sort, but it's not mist, it's a packet that you dissolve in water. It's a little complicated to use at first but she swears that once you get the hang of it, you'll never look back. Given how bad she used to look every spring, I have no doubt that it's a good product. I do not however recommend the OTC Sudafed nasal spray, it actually can make the congestion worse after it wears off.

Ruby, every cook has those sort of kitchen disasters. Do yourself a favor, just toss it. Rice is cheap. I once had to take a rice dish to work for a buffet. Anyway the trial run went really well, and the final dish went together just beautifully. But the conference before the luncheon at work ran long, so you know exactly how that dish looked left an hour too long in the crock pot. Needless to say they always asked me to bring a fruit or veggie tray after that. I make a stove top rice pudding for my kids all the time, if you want the recipe let me know.

fit, good luck with the lower calorie restriction. I'm still struggling going from 1,500 to 1,400, I feel your pain sister.

yourbadd, good luck with the hormones. I always feel quite sure that mine aren't a problem and then all of a sudden out of the blue I snap at someone for no reason or I burst into tears, and I'm always like "crap, I do have hormones after all!". Good luck honey.

nobe, good grief honey, the work place is a battle front isn't it? Have you considered wearing full camo to work and hiding in the bushes out front? I'm not suggesting you do that, but it's sort of funny to think about.

Jho, into every life a little slushie must fall, or as the case may be, sucked up through a straw. Popcorn isn't a bad snack, it's all the butter and salt we pour on it at the movies... I actually have a special purse I take to the movies to sneak my snacks, it's larger than my regular one and has Tink on it. As if a woman my age would carry a handbag with Tink on it anyway. I usually make myself a micro bag of the 96% fat free popcorn, and then pack a small sack of almonds, maybe some raisins and a 20oz bottle of caffeine free diet coke. I've never gotten caught, and even if I did I would just say I have diet restrictions and they don't sell any foods that I can consume. Which is the truth right? Actually at our local movie theater they don't have any signs saying you can't bring your own food. Tons of the moms bring snacks, as soon as the lights go out it's like a chorus of zippers, pop cans and plastic wrap.

crazigerl, I'm glad to hear that your dog is a little better. We had a small collie/golden retriever mix when I was a kid and at 16-17 years old she went through the same thing. She too was aware of the problem and embarrassed by it, you could just see it in her eyes. Good luck to the both of you.

Boo, great job at your workout and whooo hooo hooo at exceeding your own personal best.

canary, I don't blame you for not getting the root canal, although I think the doc's response was sort of weird. Maybe I'm missing a facial expression that explains it, but I might be taking special note of the sort of vehicle he drives and steering clear of him?

April, you are a far nicer and better wife than I am. I wouldn't think twice about feeding my DH something healthy and not letting on. I've actually been doing that to him for YEARS. He used to complain about "fat-free" this and "low-fat" that, but then we had to go gluten free and cholesterol free, which really put a lot of "new" foods on our table, so he's well over any minor picky eating/food attitudes he ever started with. Believe me the whole family is past most of that, compared to other households we eat a lot of really strange things here in this house. At the very least Dreamfield's is made with wheat right? You wouldn't believe the weird things that can be found in gluten free pasta... But given your husband's childhood, I'm sure you have the right of it, and trust is very critical to every marriage.

Mike, rock on pimp daddy, you need a new motorbike.

Last edited by almeeker; 03-22-2012 at 02:03 AM.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:11 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Ate through all of my calories for the day... now what do I do?? lol
I don't know, but it you figured it out, would you please share? I'm at 750 already and it's um, 10:00am.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:24 AM
FitDay Member

Today I did :
the stationary bike 40min
Jillian Michelas 30day shred level 1 - 27min
easy walk on sun - 65min
Old 03-22-2012, 02:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Amy, ooh, the ladies must drool over your bro! My bro used to look almost exactly like Dennis Wilson of the Beach Boys when Dennis was a young hunk in his late 20s.
On the drool you have no idea. I've actually been asked by complete strangers (usually certified cashiers) for my autograph after they saw my last name on a credit card, driver's license, check etc. It was especially bad when he was in college and a super stud on campus. When DH and I were in the process of getting married my husbands sister (so no relation to my brother at all) was approached by multiple friends and they all begged to be her date at our wedding, so they could see my little bro up close and possibly dance with him. Seriously? He's not that good looking to me, I go more for the strong, dark, silent type, bro is more of a "strong happy golden retriever". But I've watched legions of women make complete fools out of themselves. Actually of all the male relatives I have, he's sort of on the lower end of the "good-looking-ometer". We all look alike to a point, unfortunately for me, what makes a man good looking, has the opposite effect on a woman... My other brother is a bit like "Larry the Cable Guy" only funnier and better looking, women always love a funny guy so he might draw the babes in too, except my SIL is Tinkerbell, fierce stink eye and all.

I always thought Dennis Wilson was the best looking one of the bunch, well when you figure "mental health" into the equation anyway... I was a second generation Beach Boys fan, my mom had all the albums and I had the Winnie the Pooh record player that sounded much better than the one in the living room lol.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by fit4luv
Amy ~ When teaching kids responsibility, it seems hopeless sometimes, doesn't it?! Although, my oldest continues to take on more & more as time goes on. Now the youngest sees what the older does and wants to follow in her footsteps. This is how it is now. Not saying that it will continue.
Yes, teaching children responsibility is right up there with teaching them good manners. Oi! I get gray hair just thinking about it.

Last edited by almeeker; 03-22-2012 at 03:11 AM.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:21 AM
FitDay Member

1) no more than 1700 calories per day: 1294, 1475, 1450
2) 6 glasses of water minimum, [COLOR="seagreen"]7, 9, 8nice walk with DD, walk with DH, N
4) really stretch: Yeeeeessss, Y, Y
5) eat clean: no sugar, low carb: Y, Y as best I could - reaction to antibiotics, needed to have something to settle tummy, N
6) meditate: Y, Y, Y
7) get back to serious writing, 2 hours per day at least 5 days no matter what: tried so Y &N, Y still a bit blocked but coming back a bit, N
8) clean up office, even a bit at a time: Y, Y, Y
9) clothes to Goodwill: N, N, N
10) return ill fitting sneakers: N, N, N
11) stay positive:Y, Y, Y

Kinda diappointed. One of DD's top choice schools gave her NO financial aid. Zero. Zip. Luckily I spoke to one of DH's cousin's who warned me this would be the case. On an up note, this might make our choice easier!

Last edited by canary52; 03-22-2012 at 03:28 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.