Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/19... Who's In? :)

Old 03-21-2012, 12:08 PM
FitDay Member

Mern - Awesome video!! How long do your allergies last? I've only had them once in my life when I was living behind a bean/corn field! Hope the allergy pills have kicked in for you! And I think it was you that posted about the water -min 64 ounces for your metab to increase - thankyou for the info! (if that was you )

Alm - I def get my energy from music.... has to be really loud and the kids like it too so it works out great! I try to make as many trips as possible up and down the 3 floors we have here usually carrying the vacuum LOL - the biggest sweat today came from mopping the master bedroom - Its hardwood, approx 600 sqft, and the mop it super small! I did 2 rounds of mopping and then went back over it with a swiffer to get rid of the water streaks - my back hurts.

OMG Makenna just went from the table to the couch - just now!!!! She's never done that before!!! Can't wait for her to start walkin!!

Someone posted about pasta..... Its weird because I was going to ask if anyone had a substitute because we eat it around once a week for din and then have it for leftover but the cals/carbs are bad - haha I'm just noticing this now because I have to log my food...before I wouldn't think twice about eating pasta all the time.....I think Fitday - and you guys - are really workin for me!!!
Old 03-21-2012, 12:11 PM
FitDay Member

Wednesday weigh in: met my first (forum) mini goal of 189. I'm doing it in arbitrary increments of 7lbs...seems like enough that it's substantial and small enough that it's attainable. Also, my OCD demands random numbers for things, haha.

Next mini goal is 182, hopefully in four weeks or less.

Feeling a bit better today. It's always easier when you're not sick at work. An old friend who I haven't seen in three years came over this morning before she headed back to the airport, which was really nice and helped make me feel better.

The mini-bio about my work is that I worked there since 1999, went on mat leave in 2009 and swore I would never go back. It wasn't a bad place to work, really, but the owner was always sticking his nose where it didn't belong and making bad business decisions and basically being a greedy businessman stereotype without the smarts. He's a vile human being. For instance, I once got assaulted by a drug addict who had dirty needles in his pocket when I tried to stop him from stealing. The owner's response? "what'd he get?". So. Fast forward to November, I was bored and broke and told my old manager she could put me on the on-call list. She called the next day and gave me 29 hours and I've been there ever since.

The owner decided he was going to do major renovations without plans or a building permit, and would "get some of the girls" to help him. The manager phoned the city to inquire if he needed a permit (and basically to report him for not having one), he threw a hissy fit, she explained that she was looking out for the safety of her staff and also trying to keep him from getting sued by customers when they fall through the floor, and he fired her, after 17 years. She's getting a lawyer. He's decided he can run the stores himself (he doesn't know the first thing about how his business works and was already calling with all kinds of problems yesterday), and I refuse to work directly under him or have any more contact with him than absolutely necessary, so I'm going to see how soon I can quit without causing problems for the assistant manager (who should be quitting too, anyway), and then I'm gone. As are two other staff member (in the past two days). He'll have fun running two stores with no employees. I can't wait to watch him crash and burn.

I'm not desperate for the money (I didn't work at all last year and we got by - mainly because I'm really cheap), so I can live without a job until I get another one. I feel bad for the people who need it to pay their rent, though.

Anyway...since the fog has lifted somewhat from my head, I will try to read this giant thread and get some responses in after kiddo goes to bed.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:27 PM
FitDay Member

Today:

1. Fruits for breakfast, yep (apple n applesauce)
2. Yoga, Yesssss (45 min.)
3. Under 1200 calories EXACTLY 1200. No more, no less. Phew!

Spring breaks coming up. Anyone else worried? Weekends are usually my weak point and spring break is like one huge week long weekend! Let's just try our hardest and see how it goes.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by HardcaorKittyGirl

Spring breaks coming up. Anyone else worried? Weekends are usually my weak point and spring break is like one huge week long weekend! Let's just try our hardest and see how it goes.
Yes I'm worried because that means that Summer is around the corner. At the rate that I'm going I'll never fit into my bikini.

On a serious note as long as I can make it past Easter without ripping the ears off of a bunny (chocolate bunny, Amy) and stuff them full of peanut butter I'll be okay. Well that and the hot and salty crawfish do me in every Spring.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:57 PM
FitDay Member

Nobe! Kudos on reaching 189! I'm thrilled for you! Looks like OCD random numbers work WELL for you. LOL I'll give you another banana for your 182. Glad you're feeling better and that you had a nice visit with your friend. Aw, that really sounds like major sucky working conditions. What a horrible little man that owner is! You assaulted by a guy with dirty needles in his pocket and his concern is what did the guy get? Pathetic excuse for a human being! This is truly the hardest time I've ever had trying to keep up. But I was able to reply as much as I did because I didn't have many other things that needed done today and no one else was nagging me for computer use. I know I missed a lot of stuff, though.

HardcaorKittyGirl, "motivationalismness"--I see you're a wordermakeruppper like me and half of the other members here. We know what each other means; that's what counts. LOL Yes I did actually hear a doctor on TV say fruit for breakfast helps one lose weight. I can't remember which doctor said it, but I distinctly remember it because it came as a surprise to me. Haven't tried it myself as I'm hooked on omelets for the protein because of trying to get my exercise done and out of the way in the morning. I spent a ton of time on the computer today instead of doing housework, and I'm sure I still missed a lot. Don't be concerned about trying to keep up with everyone--it's truly impossible unless you have no life outside FitDay. Aw, I hope you enjoy your dinner out with friends. Maybe you could have a small portion of the ribs and make up for it tomorrow? I hope you really enjoy yourself on spring break. At age 65, I don't get those anymore. LOL

Quinn, depriving myself of food when I have already reached my calorie limit leads me into a binge. Have something low cal and delicious!

Ama, it must have been the phenylephrine in the multi-symptom Equate Severe Allergy and Sinus Headache medication that worked WAY better than Claritin (loratadine) for my sinus pain and pressure. Doc told me I could add a Tylenol with the Claritin but that doesn't help, nor does Ibuprophen. I'll give it another couple days of playing by doc's rules and then if I'm still miserable I'll shoot her an email and ask about the pseudafed (I think you spelled it right) or if she can suggest something else. Thanks for the suggestion. Anyone who likes pasta will have no problem liking Dreamfields as there is absolutely no difference in taste, color, texture... Kudos on your water and pre-logging!

Amy, ooh, the ladies must drool over your bro! My bro used to look almost exactly like Dennis Wilson of the Beach Boys when Dennis was a young hunk in his late 20s.

Pimp Daddy, you can do whatever you want. If it weren't for you we wouldn't even have this group. Did you ever accidentally bite down on one of those big fish oil capsules? Ewwww, so nasty tasting! I've never done it, but I'd imagine sucking on a dead, rotten fish tastes like that. If you do rip off the bunny ears, be sure to stuff them with the NM peanut butter-that would make that carby chocolate a HEALTHFUL cheat. Seriously, I wonder if anyone makes a sugar free chocolate bunny. The Hershey's sugar free chocolate is creamy and delicious.

Jho, how fun about Makenna going from the table to the couch. Glad you enjoyed the video. My allergy attacks last as long as the irritant (wood smoke, tree and weed pollen, or mold is blowing around) in my area. My worst attacks are in the spring and fall, except for people burning wood for home heating in the winter. I carry a paint/dust mask for when my car gets filled up with wood smoke. Wow, how in the heck can you get away from a corn or bean field when you're allergic and live behind it? That's way worse than what I live through. An attack CAN last only a few days at a time for me. Many of us knew that 64 oz. of water daily helps speed up metabolism, but I'd never heard that only 2% dehydration could signal our bodies to begin storing fat. My previous goal was 48 oz., but now that I recently upped it to 64 per day, I think I'll stick with the 64 in view of my new info. Honestly, no one I ever served the Dreamfields to could tell it wasn't full carb pasta. Taste, color, texture and ingredients are exactly the same. I eat only 1/2 a portion at a time because I can have only 25g net carbs (total carbs less fiber) per day to manage my blood sugar without meds. I make a pasta dish about once a week and have 1/2 portion two days in a row.

Last edited by Mern; 03-21-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:03 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Show how much do you plan on moving/ Don't you think you're being a little vague with that goal? I think you can do 10 miles this week... and workout a few times.
GOALS:
1. 1 gallon of water:
2. 16 Miles by Monday: 1,
3. Be an adult:

BOOM. SUCK IT.
Come at me, Bro.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
Pimp Daddy, you can do whatever you want. If it weren't for you we wouldn't even have this group. Did you ever accidentally bite down on one of those big fish oil capsules? Ewwww, so nasty tasting! I've never done it, but I'd imagine sucking on a dead, rotten fish tastes like that. If you do rip off the bunny ears, be sure to stuff them with the NM peanut butter-that would make that carby chocolate a HEALTHFUL cheat. Seriously, I wonder if anyone makes a sugar free chocolate bunny. The Hershey's sugar free chocolate is creamy and delicious.
Nah, ya'll had this group well established before I came along. Y'all were just gracious enough to let me in. All I do is sticky it to the top, y'all do the rest. I can't say that I've ever bit into one, I'd imagine that it would be very nasty. I'm still trying to choke down that same bad jar of NM pb.

Originally Posted by mhibdon
GOALS:
1. 1 gallon of water:
2. 16 Miles by Monday: 1,
3. Be an adult:

BOOM. SUCK IT.
Come at me, Bro.
Now that's much better! 15 more to go, time to take Steggy for a little walk.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:46 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Now that's much better! 15 more to go, time to take Steggy for a little walk.
Wednesday - ran 1 on the beach
Total = 1
Thursday morning- 3, then 1.5 after dinner:
Total = 5.5
Friday morning- 3, then 3 after dinner
Total = 11.5
Sat = working triathlon, 3 after dinner
Total = 12.5
Sun = 3 in the morning before driving back to Clemson

EQUALS 16 by Monday.

Steggie plays so much with my parents dogs that taking him on walks just isn't good for him. I'd rather have him bounce his hips with happy social time, than walking Mommy time.

He's up to 91 lbs now!!!!

Old 03-21-2012, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator

Wednesday - ran 1 on the beach
Total = 1
Thursday morning- 3, then 1.5 after dinner:
Total = 5.5
Friday morning- 3, then 3 after dinner
Total = 11.5
Sat = working triathlon, 3 after dinner
Total = 12.5
Sun = 3 in the morning before driving back to Clemson

EQUALS 16 by Monday.

Steggie plays so much with my parents dogs that taking him on walks just isn't good for him. I'd rather have him bounce his hips with happy social time, than walking Mommy time.

He's up to 91 lbs now!!!!

Ohhhh I'm sorry I thought that was for THIS week. I should have known that you were trying to add two weeks together.

BTW I think Steggy lost 15-20 pounds.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:04 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
April, sincere apologies. I didn't mean to be insensitive. I just didn't see not telling as lying, but having childhood issues myself, I can certainly understand where your DH and you are coming from. Wow, that's GREAT that he went to the low sodium chips. I didn't have any trouble at all following your "run on thought." LOL, I am the queen of run on SENTENCES. If my high school English teacher were still alive, she'd probably attest to the fact that she wrote "run on sentences" in red on almost every composition I ever turned in. I got my DH eating unsalted almonds and he found he enjoys them even more. I showed him how he can pop them in the microwave for just 30 seconds and the heat brings out the flavor more. I hope you have a great time camping and getting away from the pressures of the world for a few days.
Mern ... No apologies necessary! It is just a thing in our house. Not disclosing is the same as lying when you have been lied to a lot in your life. It isn't something you could have known. I'm sorry if I came off as being critical of you for that,

What did the doggie groomer say when you asked for this haircut? He is so cute!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.