Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/19... Who's In? :)

Old 03-21-2012, 05:19 AM
FitDay Member

I've been cleaning like a crazy person this morning - actually worked up a good sweat! Open house is on Sunday - our first this spring so we are hoping for some interest! Really really hoping!! Makenna was up from 4-5 am (I'm assuming her teeth again) so I was a little lacking in energy - decided to blast Tina Turners "Simply the Best" album because it simply IS the best!

What are my chances of getting both down for a nap.... I think I need my own little snooze in the sun!
Old 03-21-2012, 05:20 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, Terri, April, thank you so much for your support on my decision re root canal. I KNOW it sounds crazy but trust me. I have been in ERs, to cardiologists, orthodpedists, have and brain MRIs and nerve tesing, as wella s countles sother medical experiences, all due to fibro. I can't explain it; maybe it was just instinctual but I realized if I am going to risk losing a major tooth adn spending major deniro, then I should be certain it is NOT fibro. Despite my joking tone, the endodontist was actaully really good about this and I am sure he or someone else will see me and I will pay him for his time.

I am having a bad reaction to the anitbiotics I took so I am kind of glad I am just dealing with this for now. Not doing too well on
the goals so far today but maybe that will change.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:22 AM
FitDay Member

Ama, I hope your son feels better!!! I feel for both of you!!!
Old 03-21-2012, 05:26 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by taubele
you ever look in the mirror and go "Yeah, baby!" at yourself?
ALL THE TIME! j/k

Originally Posted by mhibdon
GUESSS WHO IS BACKKKKK?! (Hint: Me)

Lots of life things have been going on, but I'm still holding on!

Life things to catch you guys up:

I now have positions in both my frat & sor. I have four Littles, and hopefully I can get them to start training for my half-marathon with me. I was super dumb & pulled a two-a-day with crew and soccer and hurt my hip. Which put me out, and then as soon as my hip "healed", I was bed-ridden again with a severe chest and sinus infection- Because I like to over-achieve at everything! PD & I are still together, AND I GET TO PRESENT MY (team's) RESEARCH IN NEW ORLEANS!!! WHOA!!! OH OH! And Steggie now has a mohawk!

Tonight I'm making my family and a couple of hard up friends (one down on cash, the other refusing to eat) italian chicken breast, mashed sweet potatoes, and lemon & broccoli with strawberries as dessert! Delicious!

GOALS:
1. 1 gallon of water:
2. Move:
3. Be an adult:
It's so nice of you to join us!
Old 03-21-2012, 05:39 AM
FitDay Member

No time to proofread. If I typed something poorly, please read what I MEANT to say. LOL

UGH! Well, these meds my doctor recommended (Clariton or a generic equivalent) are helping my runny/stuffy nose, but not the sinus pressure or headache at all. Doc doesn't want me taking the other multi-symptom stuff I had that DID work, but that she agreed may have messed up my last blood test for cholesterol and triglycerides. But there are people a lot sicker than I am, so I'm also counting my blessings that I don't have something worse than seasonal allergies.

Mai, I agree with you that the muffin omelets are good, but that omelets made in a skillet are better. Sometimes I don't have time to cook omelets from scratch in the morning, so muffin omelets are a good alternative for me. Congrats on doing well on your food yesterday, but I'm very sorry to hear you are stressed and depressed due to sleep deprivation. I was lucky to not have that problem with my kids, so have no advice, but I'm sure some other memebers here will have some ideas.

Tunnrida, welcome! So glad to read that you got a new rush of positive energy after your plateau. Best wishes on your goals.

Quinn, great job back on the wagon!! My live-in GD and her Mom did the FAFSA application online but hit a snafu with that random proof of financial status for which they were selected. So she has to gather some stuff to mail in. I'm glad I'm just on the sidelines and not having to deal with it myself. I hope you got rid of your horrible headache and enjoyed your walk!

mhibdon, welcome back!!! You are one busy lady! Glad you're doing better after all those ailments! Big hug to ya!

Ama, OMG, choking is soooo scary! Glad DS is OK! I hope you had a satisfying workday getting caught up. Wow, glowing Tuesday report! Major kudos on only a cookie and half a root beer with those strict forbidden foods!

Ruby, anyone who says they never have cooking mistakes is lying. LOL

Luv, you're right. Mikes computer problems are all payback for cyberpushing you and Quinn around. LOL Congrats on your great food achievements so far this week! Not sure about why tea in the evening is a caution for you. Are you talking about the English MEAL tea as in "high tea" or tea that you drink? I find many of the teas I drink also come in decaf and are just as delicious. I just have to not drink so much that I have to keep getting up for extra potty trips during the night. Congrats on your walk. I haven't worked up to that yet today--hoping to get in in later.

Oh, tips on water that I saw on that talk show "The Doctors" on TV Monday and Tuesday:
1. Dr. Travis Stork said drinking ice water can burn up to 500 more calories more per week than room temperature or hot water. I count my decaf iced tea as water and even my Crystal Light beverage.
2. A lady on yesterday's episode(don't know whether she was a health or fitness professional) was talking about how drinking 64 oz. per day helps speed up our metabolism. She said that being only two percent dehydrated can slow down our metabolism and signal the body to start storing fat.

Deborah, best wishes on the PMS issues. I went through menopause without hormone replacement or any meds and DH was ready to send me to the asylum. LOL

Nobe, so sorry you're still sick. Don't be concerned about catching up with the posts. Aw, I hope you find a more satisfactory place of employment. Nice job on your goals.

Jho, twice as much sky blue as red in your Tusday report. Congrats on that. Congrats on your controlled cheat. I'm so bad: I don't go to movies often, but when I do I smuggle in an unsweetened iced tea, unsalted almonds, and sugar free dark chocolate. But I LOVE those things so it's no sacrifice. I rationalize that I'm not cheating the movie theater because I wouldn't pay the ridiculously high prices our theaters here charge for snacks. It's true that I won't. I also smuggle in pretzels, sweet treats, and drinks for my grandkids. Aw, sorry DD is still miserable even with the Orajel. I'm a whimp. I do not like the burn from exercise.

Crazigerl and Nobe: you are NOT bad Internet friends! Some of us just have more computer time than others; and some have other things they need to or would rather do and that's OK, too. Everyone is quite welcome here regardless of his/her level of yackiness.

Crazigerl, big gentle hugs to your dog. Wishing her comfort. I had my dog for 14 1/2 years and he, too, was my children's protector. Congrats on your good calorie and water day.

Boo, great job Monday and Tuesday. Thanks for your well wishes to get over this stupid seasonal allergy attack.

Hope, you're on your way to an all green food and fitness week! Congratulation on a job well done! OMG, thanks for your kind words, the prayer, and well wishes. It's not nearly as bad as the others who have a stomach virus and fibromyalgia, knee ailments and other PITAs.

Mike, you, too, had more green than red in your Tuesday report. Congrats on that.

Terri, I did that mile of exercise when my head and sinus pressure was relieved somewhat, but quit when I wussed out. But I'll take all the praise I can get. LOL Not exaggerating, I've used the Dreamfields pasta several times to serve to guests and not even one person could tell it was low effective carb because it tastes exactly like regular pasta. Only the manufacturing process, not the ingredients, is different. Don't tell BF until AFTER he compliments you on your fantastic mac & cheese, or lasagna, macaroni salad, spaghetti, linguine, etc. My Walmart doesn't carry it, but our Kroger and Meijer's does. OMG, your 58.3 net weight loss is such a wonderful, admirable achievment. I wanna be like YOU when I "grow up!" Oh, berries are #3 in Dr. Travis Stork's list of the top five foods for weight loss, specifically belly fat if you have any of that. Pass me some of your dark chocolate--that's great food and so yumy!

April, HONESTLY, I've served Dreamfields to a BUNCH of people without them knowing it. Only the manufacturing process, not the ingredients, is different. It tastes EXACTLY like regular pasta. Like I told Terri, make it and then wait until AFTER DH compliments you on your pasta dish to confess it's low effective carb. Be like my late mother-in-law who at almost 80 told me, "SURE, he tells me what to do....and then I turn around and do whatever I damned well please." LOL I have got to go pick up my high school grandkids. They get out at 2:15 but I have to be there 1/2 hour early to get a decent parking spot. With no school busses, one of the less desirable parking spaces can cause it to take up to FORTY MINUTES to get out of the parking lot.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:47 AM
FitDay Member

Tuesday Report

Health Goals:

1. Calories 1,400 max. 1,348 1,369
2. Water 100 oz daily. Y,N
3. Workout 5 hours total. 0 min, 0 min (total 0 min)
4. Protein 25% or better. 28%, 11%
5. Calorie deficit 3,500 or more. -861, -638 (-1,499)
6. Log everything and post daily. Y,Y
7. Do not be a weekend slacker. So far so good. SFSG.
8. Pedometer, 10,000 daily, 2,000 aerobic. 8,550/0, 6,550/0
9. Live the pact and eat clean. Y,N

Other Stuff:

1. Call and get additional cookie booth arranged and make sign-up sheet. N,Y DONE. Actually the other leader got a call back so I don't have to do anything, yeah!
2. Work on April and May calendar for G.S. N,N
4. Call guy about the elliptical. N,N
5. Work on rabbit cages. Y,N
6. Make appointment for shoulder. Y,Y
7. Housework 45 min daily + 1 load of laundry. YY, NN
8. Make calendar for History Club. N,N

Lenten Goals:

No white flour. Y,N
No white sugar Y,N
No skipping workouts, and no more than 2 consecutive days off. N,N
No cheating Y,N
No profanity N,N

Well I'm feeling better and so are my two oldest DD's, but the little girl I babysit is um, blowing chunks today. We were in my car when it started, on the way to the doc about my shoulder. So this is me on the phone with the office, "Yeah, um I'm in the parking lot with a barfing toddler in my car. Do you want me to bring you the flu or should I reschedule?". They are the sort of place that charges you for the appointment if you don't show. But today they made an exception and rescheduled me for next week.

I gotta get going, nephie just showed up, he probably wants a haircut and some food.

Last edited by almeeker; 03-22-2012 at 02:14 AM.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:56 AM
FitDay Member

April: Ohmygod I know!! But I have to get my butt in gear or I won’t have an internship for the summer

Mike: Bring. It.

Mern: Oh yay! Thank you so much! I’ve missed everyone!~ <3
Old 03-21-2012, 06:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
April, HONESTLY, I've served Dreamfields to a BUNCH of people without them knowing it. Only the manufacturing process, not the ingredients, is different. It tastes EXACTLY like regular pasta. Like I told Terri, make it and then wait until AFTER DH compliments you on your pasta dish to confess it's low effective carb. Be like my late mother-in-law who at almost 80 told me, "SURE, he tells me what to do....and then I turn around and do whatever I damned well please." LOL I have got to go pick up my high school grandkids. They get out at 2:15 but I have to be there 1/2 hour early to get a decent parking spot. With no school busses, one of the less desirable parking spaces can cause it to take up to FORTY MINUTES to get out of the parking lot.
My problem is that we grocery shop together and he does the cooking on weekdays. (I know I'm spoiled! ) I think I may buy a box and tell him that it is for me and to make like 1/4 of the box for me next time he makes spaghetti in a seperate pot so that I can try it. If I do that, he will take a bite of mine to try it too. Then if it's good he will accept the switch. I can't trick him into stuff. He hates to feel like he's been lied to. He had too much of that in his life before me and I can accept that. ... My potato chip loving man that he is though has switched to 'no salt added' potato chips. There are only like 5mg of sodium per serving in them. They still have the fat and all the rest but hey, if you are gonna eat chips you may as well reduce something and sodium is a big one for me. But the other night I grabbed a 1/2 the sodium bag and a regular bag for a side to burgers or something we were having. He said that even the 1/2 sodium bag was way too salty and never to buy them again. Only buy the no salt added ones that I had been buying. I had to get the others because the store I was at doesn't carry the brand I had been getting. (Utz brand) .... Wow that is just one long run on thought. I hope it all makes sense! LOL
Old 03-21-2012, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator

Just checking in for two seconds but HI MH! (Pink is for you!)

When are you going to NO??? That's so exciting. My SFN conference is in NO this year in October, I just found out! Woohoo! I haven't been to New Orleans since I was about 13 or so.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by taubele
Just checking in for two seconds but HI MH! (Pink is for you!)

When are you going to NO??? That's so exciting. My SFN conference is in NO this year in October, I just found out! Woohoo! I haven't been to New Orleans since I was about 13 or so.
April 12-15 for the society of behavioral medicine conference! Sad, sad thing: I turn 21 on April 17th, and I have a test on April 16. WHYYYYYYY?!

And thank you for the pink!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.