Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/19... Who's In? :)

Old 03-21-2012, 02:41 AM
FitDay Member

After stressing out about a matter concerning the financial aid office of a college, the issue is pretty much under control but has left me with a killer migraine. Going to head out the door for a nice, long hike and work off some of the stress. About 2 more weeks (fingers crossed) and we should be spit out the other end of the college app./scholarship/financial aid meat grinder. Thought I'd post my intention of walking so that I won't back out. lol

Catch you all when I get back!
Old 03-21-2012, 02:53 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by taubele
1) Make an effort on my appearance every day M:Smokin'!
Old 03-21-2012, 03:35 AM
FitDay Member

Poppin' in here to say - it felt good to exercise today. Did the 2 mile walk with DVD (includes arm movements & different types of stepping) and did the circuit training.

Now I have to get to other parts of my life.

PERSIST is the word for today.

~keep carrying on: to continue steadily or obstinately despite problems, difficulties, or obstacles~
Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
I really do plan to read through posts carefully --> but later today.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:21 AM
FitDay Member

Oh my… there are like 8 pages of posts since I logged on yesterday! Good job everyone with all the green! Sorry to hear about those of you with struggles, with food, or health, or family. Keep your spirits up and kick butt this week!

My son puked at daycare Tue morning, so I rushed over thinking he had the flu (like I just did). Turns out he choked on his Cheerios and got to go home for the day anyway (and be crazy at home instead of at daycare). So I had to pay the sitter for a full day and made no $ at work at all because I took off to take care of the little rascal. Then get to the office this morning to about 20 e-mails stacked up from yesterday that all need attention… good thing I am over the flu!

Here is where I stand:

Nutrition goals
1 – Water 64oz/day. Y, Y
2 – Calories max of 1500/day. Y, Y
3 – No food after dinner each night. Y, Y
4 – Follow Stay Clean Pact! Y, N
5 – Exercise more – Gym 3x this week; treadmill, stairmaster & weights. Y
6 – Pre-log food as much as possible. Y, N

Family/Home Goals
1 - Hubby is off work all week; try to not get on each other’s nerves! N, Y

Eat Clean Pact – Forbidden Foods
1 - Any pre-packaged sweets – cookies, candy, candy bars, etc. Y, N (1 cookie)
2 - Donuts, bagels Y, Y
3 - Ranch, thousand island, blue cheese or any similar type of dressing Y, Y
4 - Soda Y, N (1/2 a Hansens rootbeer)
5 - Deep fried foods like French fries, tostadas, chips, etc. (baked chips are ok) Y, Y

Be Good! Ama
Old 03-21-2012, 04:41 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I was totally smokin' on Monday. It sounds vain or something, but you ever look in the mirror and go "Yeah, baby!" at yourself? Everything was just working.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:49 AM
FitDay Member

GUESSS WHO IS BACKKKKK?! (Hint: Me)

Lots of life things have been going on, but I'm still holding on!

Life things to catch you guys up:

I now have positions in both my frat & sor. I have four Littles, and hopefully I can get them to start training for my half-marathon with me. I was super dumb & pulled a two-a-day with crew and soccer and hurt my hip. Which put me out, and then as soon as my hip "healed", I was bed-ridden again with a severe chest and sinus infection- Because I like to over-achieve at everything! PD & I are still together, AND I GET TO PRESENT MY (team's) RESEARCH IN NEW ORLEANS!!! WHOA!!! OH OH! And Steggie now has a mohawk!

Tonight I'm making my family and a couple of hard up friends (one down on cash, the other refusing to eat) italian chicken breast, mashed sweet potatoes, and lemon & broccoli with strawberries as dessert! Delicious!

GOALS:
1. 1 gallon of water:
2. Move:
3. Be an adult:
Old 03-21-2012, 05:01 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness Goals ...
1. 100 oz water daily M: Yes, T: Yes,
2. No Diet Coke (Lent) M: Yes, T: Yes,
3. Just because someone else is eating, doesn't mean I have to (or I could eat something healthier than they are) M: Yes, T: Yes,
4. Walk on lunch when not raining M: 38mins - 2miles, T: 37mins - 2miles,
5. Log it (weekend too!) M: Yes, T: Yes,
6. 5000 calorie deficit M: -1164, T: -1095, So far this week: -2259
7. 5 days of Shred minimum M: No, T: No, W: Yes,
8. Weigh and post it M: 259.6lbs (lowest since I started Fitday), T: 259.8lbs, W: 259.8lbs, Weight change this week: +0.2lbs

Life Goals ... (some of these may be weekend goals)
1. Finish laundry M: Yes, T: Yes,
2. Wash dog bedding M: No, T: Yes,
3. Put new carpet scrubber to use (weekend) at least one level of house M-F: N/A,
4. Despite carpet cleaning still do good house cleaning too M-F: N/A,
5. Do some form of yard work M-F: N/A,
6. Clean out camper M-F: N/A,

Had some fun last night. We opened up the pop-up camper that we bought this past weekend and went through all the drawers and cupboards. These people seriously left everything in there. We threw a lot of stuff away including a portable toilet! Ewww! I have a bunch of cleaning to do in there this weekend so I guess that should get on the goal list too. ***adding it now*** It may cancel out the yard work, LOL. We got online and checked out our favorite campground to find out which spots are available on weekends that hubby is already off so we can use minimal vacation days to cover long weekends. We have to choose pet friendly sites too. We picked out a site and are going to drive up tonight and take a peek at it before we reserve it. The same site is available the weekends of June 8th and Aug 17th. That would be perfect for us as long as it is a nice usable site. Did I mention that I love to go camping? No phones, no internet...just family time & making mountain pies! Oh yeah, where we camp....there is no cell signal unless that has improved in the past few years since we went there.

Did the shred day 6 of level 2 this morning. Had to talk myself into it. I really wanted to go back to bed. I knew it was coming so today is day 1 of TOTM. Ugh! It makes me so tired. Hopefully when I get this issue taken care of I won't be so tired anymore.

HKG ... Welcome!!! You are welcome to join in anytime!

Hope ... I hope that you are right and don't really need that root canal. How will you know for sure though? ... You are having an awesome goal week so far!

Mern .. You definitely get a green for exercising on a sick day!... I was tempted to try the Dreamfield's pasta last time we have spaghetti but my hubby said dont' even think about it! LOL ... Some day I will get him to try it.

Quinn ... Hope you enjoy your hike and get some stress relief from it.

Luv ... I love that you are always revamping your goals to see what works now that you have achieved your current ones.

Deborah ... If you don't like taking BC pills, you could look into the Mirena. I had one before and didn't even have a menstrual cycle for 5 years. Make sure to go to your yearly appts though so they can monitor it's placement in your uterus if you go that route.

Nobe ... Hope you get to feeling better. .. I hope that you are okay about quitting your job. I couldn't do that. It would kill our finances. I would have to stay until I found another job.

Jho ... Good for you for resisting popcorn!!!

CrazieGerl ... I'm glad you will have your doggie with you a while longer. I had to make that decision in November 2010. It is the worst good thing that you will ever do.

Boo ... You did awesome on your goals yesterday!

Terri ... I feel ya on the gastro TOTM issues. Ugh! .. Hope your red eye clears up. That is like the prom, you always get a big red zit before it!

Ama ... Even though it wasn't planned I hope you enjoyed your unexpected time off with your son yesterday. Sorry about the money though.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:03 AM
FitDay Member

MH ... Goal #3 - Be an adult .... Really? What fun is that?
Old 03-21-2012, 05:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
After stressing out about a matter concerning the financial aid office of a college, the issue is pretty much under control but has left me with a killer migraine. Going to head out the door for a nice, long hike and work off some of the stress. About 2 more weeks (fingers crossed) and we should be spit out the other end of the college app./scholarship/financial aid meat grinder. Thought I'd post my intention of walking so that I won't back out. lol

Catch you all when I get back!
I am feeling your pain. We are in the same boat. Still waiting on some. DD has had 5 acceptances (one for midyear, starting in January, which is weird) but financial aid has not been what we'd hoped for.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:18 AM
FitDay Member

April: Thank you. I'm going to make them a little more tough next week!

Decided to log my calories so far for the day and I didn't realise how how under I am on where I think I should be! I'm going for a high intensity combat class in a bit where I should burn at least 600 calories, so added to my base daily burn I'm going to be at a deficit of 2000 calories. And I've already eaten two meals, had 2 snacks and a pre-workout protein shake so after my final meal I assume I'll be at about a 1600 calorie deficit. Is that too big? I don't feel hungry or depraved of anything..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.