FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   hi every one, looking for...... (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/6941-hi-every-one-looking.html)

beach4286 03-17-2012 05:42 AM

hi every one, looking for......

Hi every one I'm searching for diets that people are on. I want to try one after another Tell I find one that will work for me. If any one has a diet that they are trying please share it, I would be very grateful. Thanks every one:)

fit4luv 03-17-2012 07:03 AM

My 2 cents worth ~

Start making 1 better choice after another. Choose the next best thing.Well, I do the "Good Ole' Fashioned Diet". Actually, I like to think of it as a Food Plan that I use every day. I make choices according to the Food Pyramid.

I aim to eat . . .
1. Balanced.
*Within the various food groups AND spaced out throughout the day
2. Within Caloric goal. Logging regulary is a primary focus.
3. Per proper portions. Teaching myself portions & I'm becoming more accurate.
4. Better/Smarter choices. Lots of reading, being online here helps. Example: More wheat versus than white.
5. For long-term/Lifestyle - the marathon versus the sprint. Working on good habits to become 2nd nature. Already some are.
6. Consistently Healthy.

I've whacky blood levels (tendency toward hypothyroidism, do have high triglycerides, & indication of leading toward pre-diabetes). A dietician from the Dr's office has been working with me. We'll see how my blood levels are the next time they order it. BUT so far I'm losing weight, gaining strength & endurance, and leading by example for my family. It's a lot of battles to fight, but so far it's worth it!

Hope you soon find your way to eating healthy.

beach4286 03-17-2012 07:27 AM

Thank you that really helps put a different view on it than I had. Thanks again, happy to hear your losing weight too:)

fit4luv 03-18-2012 02:22 PM

You're welcome! I don't know if anyone else has anything to add?

I do like to think of my eating as a plan, rather than diet. Just because of the negative connotation that the word diet has with me. It's a great word with good meaning though.

Either way, it takes a lot of "stick-to-it" attitude.

Again, wishing you the best.:)

crazigerl 03-18-2012 03:47 PM

Like Fit4luv I do a plan. I do calories only with an emphasis on my macro-nutrients. I'm certainly not perfect at it but much more aware of what I'm putting in to my body.
Good luck. Find something that will work long term. Quick fix diets do not work and I will never do them again. The only thing they are good for is medical reasons where you have to lose a bunch of weight.

blahyaddablah 03-18-2012 09:22 PM

Was on Wonderslim, now taking baby steps

I was on the Wonderslim Shake diet. I did lose about 25 pounds but have gained most of it back due to falling back to old habits. Now I'm not on a specific "diet" per say, but I'm trying to slowly make changes for weight loss and better health. I read the book "Green For Life" by Victoria Boutenko and have incorporated leafy green smoothies into my daily routine. They are actually really good. Also focusing on drinking more water, staying within my calorie and nutrient goals and having a more positive attitude. Baby steps I guess but hopefully this time the life changes will stick!

frenchhen3 03-19-2012 02:47 AM

Hi beach,

I don't really do a "Diet Plan". Best thing I can tell you is first start by being TOTALLY CONSCIOUS when you are eating. TASTE each bite. Even when you go on a lower calorie diet, if you really TASTE and eat flavorful food, it goes a long way! Good Luck!

TerriLSpencer 03-19-2012 12:17 PM

Hello,

I don't do a "diet plan" really. I've just elimated all sweets and junk food. I just eat all fresh fruits and vegetables and cut all white food out of my diet. I also eat a lot less and smaller portions of everything. Also when I start feeling the least bit full, I walk away. That means I always leave food on my plate! LOL :)

Also I try to drink as much ice water as I can throughout the day and make sure I exercise every day which includes aerobic exercise daily and weight training 3 times per week.